• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Possible to organize a strike? (✿◡‿◡)

171 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I mean i don't know much about horse breeding, But afk leveling a horse dosent sound like that much work, sure it takes time to max level but if your afk'ing it I am not sure there is much reason to complain, I mean your not loosing anything and there is not much work being done because well you afk. Sure the breeding and the RNG and the potential to not get the Tier horse your going for sure, sure the prices are low-ish but still it is what it is.

At the end of the day if it makes you that upset then choose to do something else to make money? Or Breed more horses and sell them more, Your certainly not going to make money not selling them, but I am not sure this will really do any good either way. 

Best of luck.

Okay, let's figure this out...

Say you want to get a T8 and you have two T7s already.  To get the best possible outcome you want to level both of them to level 30 because you are hoping that perhaps you will get a female.

In order to do this, it will require a total of 21,853,750 XP.  let's say you get 500 XP per tick and your ticks are 17s apart which is solo autopath speed.  It will take you approximately 8.5 days of 24/7 autopathing to level both horses.  Then once that's done, you breed them, hoping against RNG that you get a T8 (btw at that level these are what we believe are your chances for offspring 6M(3%)6F(24%)7M(21%)7F(24%)8M(21%)8F(7%).

What you will likely end up with something other than that T8 and so it starts again....

Oh and if you don't use resets from the cash shop, the female only gets that one shot. 

If you want to play the game and not just afk level the horse, say you only do it 10 hours a day then you are looking at about 20 days to level both.

Now maybe you understand why there are no T8s for sale on the market.

------------------------------------

Oh... and remember this is JUST the T7s.  This isn't all the horses it took to get you that pair of T7s.  

Edited by Shaynae
3 people like this

Posted

Howlcyphers everyone afk makes money in this game fishing is by far more and consistent money than breeding currently is and breeding should match it witch with T6 fails and less and less T7 females it does not come close 

and what currently has me upset is we always always get skimped for events fishing afk activity like horse breeding does not but we do not one event has been doable to date that you could do while leveling horses

Posted

Nope - A master trainer and a master cook are two different things. Your production changes as you level your skill in cooking- (i.e. it sucks to be a low level cook) 

Training is the same from day one - plus, after you breed your first horse it is effectively rinse and repeat. There is no learning curve

Let me take your words and interpret them correctly:

It sucks to be a low level Cook - It's good to be an Artisan Cook

It sucks to be a low level Trainer - It still sucks to be an Artisan Trainer

And there is the problem. You get no reward for actually leveling your Training role.

Posted

As a Master Cook and Artisan Trainer I can assure you that Cooking feels far more rewarding and less effortless than breeding.

I know the cost of my ingredients and I know my x2.5 outcome ratio.

With the horses its a gamble (tiers) in a gamble (skills) taking roughly a week of "work" to see if you got screwed another time. 

I just wonder how many would still ride their donkeys if everybody decided to go for easy Relics fishing.

I agree with you. Generally all lifeskill sales suck ass. Cooking is limited by the amount of energy you have for yielding ingredients, even at max energy optimization you can only get around 2.5-2.6k worth of milk as ingredient everyday. The only difference is no one talks down to cooks when they ask for food price to be buff, but everyone gets triggered when horse price are asked to be buffed (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Howlcyphers everyone afk makes money in this game fishing is by far more and consistent money than breeding currently is and breeding should match it witch with T6 fails and less and less T7 females it does not come close 

and what currently has me upset is we always always get skimped for events fishing afk activity like horse breeding does not but we do not one event has been doable to date that you could do while leveling horses

I agree they do offer a lot of events for other things, they should implement something for horse breeders. Or some benefits.

Posted (edited)

Ok but still the fact is your doing it AFK. and you make money, sure the price is not what you want it to be and that sucks yeah, but more people don't do it because they would rather just buy one than spend time leveling it them selves it makes sense. Not i don't think breeders should be looked down on by any means but its all what you choose to do with your time. I mean I would much rather buy a horse than set and breed one myself because breeding in my opinion dose not sound fun and that's not why I play the game. Props to breeders out there who do, but I would not call it a hipocracy just because the price is not your idea of "Fair" 

At the end of the day you are leveling AFK and your still getting money for it, where others go out and grind for hours, or fish for hours, or farm for hours, so on and so on. I think its a bit silly to start a strike for something that as far as I know really is not much work as much as it is a time sink. 

But please if it is work inform me how? because all i know of it is you run back and fourth afk on a horse in a town, Then breed it, then run and level it, and then sell it. 

^ Not trying to sound like an asshole.

1. I think you misunderstood me. I was never a breeder for the money. I breed my own horses for personal use. I'm only speaking on behalf of breeders who feel this is unfair.

2. You state "you are leveling AFK and your still getting money for it" then why don't you do it. As I said before if it wasn't as bad as it seem why isn't everyone doing it..

3. You then proceed to state "I thin its a bit silly to start a strike" again if this is easy to do and not a big deal as it seem why would it matter if horse breeders start a strike or not. Notice that never once in my original post I've asked for the opinion of non-breeders. This is between the horse breeding community, anyone else is a third party person or extra. If the breeding community thinks it's a bad idea, I'm cool with that, but if non-breeders are afraid of no more horses will appear on the market and they say why aren't the breeders doing it because it's easy, I will repeat, that is absolute hypocrisy.

(✿◡‿◡)

Edited by Aethernal

Posted (edited)

All for not selling here wasn't really selling anyway just stocking up on potato T8s and waiting for T9s to come out 

and when you really do the math its a lot worse than some even explain i mean its not like every T8 is gold right getting all the right skills on it and getting the speed you want on it as well as getting the horse in the fist place the probability of getting a 200m T8 is rather small  you can increase it will RL money but that can get expensive and then letting it go for current prices no chance

Then add in all the T7 +T7 = T6 crap ya no thank you. I will most certantly  keep my T8 with all the perfect skills thank you do it yourself if its just afk money to you

Edited by theotherguy

Posted

1. I think you misunderstood me. I was never a breeder for the money. I breed my own horses for personal use. I'm only speaking on behalf of breeders who feel this is unfair.

2. You state "you are leveling AFK and your still getting money for it" then why don't you do it. As I said before if it wasn't as bad as it seem why isn't everyone doing it..

3. You then proceed to state "I thin its a bit silly to start a strike" again if this is easy to do and not a big deal as it seem why would it matter if horse breeders start a strike or not. Notice that never once in my original post I've asked for the opinion of non-breeders. This is between the horse breeding community, anyone else is a third party person or extra. If the breeding community thinks it's a bad idea, I'm cool with that, but if non-breeders are afraid of no more horses will appear on the market and they say why aren't the breeders doing it because it's easy, I will repeat, that is absolute hypocrisy.

(✿◡‿◡)

I never said it seemed bad, I just said the amount of people who want to spend their time breeding horses and such seems to be significantly lower that those who do. That is also why there is an option to even sell horses in the first place. For those who do not want to participate in that mechanic of the game. But still allows those who do some profit and a way to make extra money. 

I am not saying the price shouldn't be buffed, I believe there are a lot of things in this game that need tweaking, but i don't think that its as much of a crisis as your portraying it to be, Yes horse breeders shouldn't be trash talked or looked down on, nobody should. But it happens everywhere and it will never not happen sadly. 

And you state "Notice that never once in my original post I've asked for the opinion of non-breeders" This is a public forum where everyone can read, reply, post their opinions on the matter, if you do not want any feed back or ideas from anyone else other than breeders then you should explicitly state that in your initial post, or not put it on a forum where its open to the public to respond to how they see fit.

Posted

(✿◡‿◡)

Although I think the idea has merit, I doubt it would really work.  There are too many different kinds of people who play this game and getting them all to agree would be hard.  Plus, it punishes the players and they aren't the ones who set the prices.

If you look at the market now (at least the NA market) there are no T8s for sale.  So, we are in fact not selling our T8s and it's partially because of the price.  There are a lot of T7s up, though most of them don't have the speed skills and/or are all bred out.  Until recently you couldn't buy T7s and that only changed when they released the T8s and upped the price we get for the T7s and T8s.

Posted

Although I think the idea has merit, I doubt it would really work.  There are too many different kinds of people who play this game and getting them all to agree would be hard.  Plus, it punishes the players and they aren't the ones who set the prices.

If you look at the market now (at least the NA market) there are no T8s for sale.  So, we are in fact not selling our T8s and it's partially because of the price.  There are a lot of T7s up, though most of them don't have the speed skills and/or are all bred out.  Until recently you couldn't buy T7s and that only changed when they released the T8s and upped the price we get for the T7s and T8s.

Most of the T8s being sold on NA are all junk though

Posted

All for not selling here wasn't really selling anyway just stocking up on potato T8s and waiting for T9s to come out 

and when you really do the math its a lot worse than some even explain i mean its not like every T8 is gold right getting all the right skills on it and getting the speed you want on it as well as getting the horse in the fist place the probability of getting a 200m T8 is rather small  you can increase it will RL money but that can get expensive and then letting it go for current prices no chance

Then add in all the T7 +T7 = T6 crap ya no thank you. I will most certantly  keep my T8 with all the perfect skills thank you do it yourself if its just afk money to you

I can see your point here, there should be a skill reset available in the loyalties or some other way of obtaining it, I myself did just that and i agree the price on the market is quite low especially for something that you put your RL money into to get the right skills. 

But on the other hand paying RL money to reset skills to get the "Perfect" ones in a way equates to buying pearl items and selling them as well dose it not? Your just not selling the item specifically. I haven't checked the prices and I am not sure if the calculate the price based on the skills it has too (I don't think they do) but perhaps they should. 

Posted (edited)

I can see your point here, there should be a skill reset available in the loyalties or some other way of obtaining it, I myself did just that and i agree the price on the market is quite low especially for something that you put your RL money into to get the right skills. 

But on the other hand paying RL money to reset skills to get the "Perfect" ones in a way equates to buying pearl items and selling them as well dose it not? Your just not selling the item specifically. I haven't checked the prices and I am not sure if the calculate the price based on the skills it has too (I don't think they do) but perhaps they should. 

The only flaw I see here is if I wanted to sell pearl items on market I could instead spend the pearls on a popular outfit 24m instantly vs how long it takes to fully level a T8 and see if it turns out any good and even pearls cant fix the speed of a horse or the max # of skills it learned only swap currently learned skills, If one was to spend pearls to reset say fore chop, Hind Kick, and Caution you can help your chances but still pre spending on what might not turn out to be the best T8 and you can make more or as much spending pearls on a good T8 as you can just buying 5 24m outfits

Edited by theotherguy

Posted

The only flaw I see here is if I wanted to sell pearl items on market I could instead spend the pearls on a popular outfit 24m instantly vs how long it takes to fully level a T8 and see if it turns out any good and even pearls cant fix the speed of a horse or the max # of skills it learned only swap currently learned skills, If one was to spend pearls to reset say fore chop, Hind Kick, and Caution you can help your chances but still pre spending on what might not turn out to be the best T8 and you can make more or as much spending pearls on a good T8 as you can just buying 5 24m outfits

I agree that is a problem in their system, allowing the sale of skill reset, breed reset, and death reset horse coupons on the MB could be good, but they would need to price it carefully so there is a reason to sell them on the MB

Posted (edited)

I really think they only need a few changes to make breeding not so far behind fishing or other AFK activity's it does not by any means need to make as much But if they changed training skill to increase horse exp gain maybe also slight ever so much increase to chance to gain skill 

second I would probably lower the exchange timer from 24hrs to like 6 or 12 i think its still set at 24hrs I might be incorrect I dont exchange as much anymore 

I dont think the people breeding horses at this time are in it for the money so I think a few tweaks to allow them to increase there profits like other life skills do would be enough  not a direct increase in the cost of a T8 horse

it makes in my head no sense that a guru in training horses should take as long to level one up as some guy at beginner 2

Edited by theotherguy

Posted

[...]I haven't checked the prices and I am not sure if the calculate the price based on the skills it has too (I don't think they do) but perhaps they should. 

They are. Most horses sold have some of the better skills. The real potato horses are so under prized you will never even see them...

Posted

There is no need to raise prices. There is a great need to buff the training skill though, which at its current state is useless. They should correlate high levels in training skill with a lot better chances to get good horse skills. This will allow both the breeders to sell more good horses at higher prices as well as the buyers to buy said horses. Imo this is the right way to do things. Unfortunately and due to the cash shop items that change horse skills, I don't see it happening any time soon (or ever), but still, you never know. I am not a trainer but I support any chaos inducing non life threatening movement, so you will do well to stop selling. if the devs don't listen to the breeders maybe they will listen to everyone else. Viva la revolucion!

Posted

Let me take your words and interpret them correctly:

It sucks to be a low level Cook - It's good to be an Artisan Cook

It sucks to be a low level Trainer - It still sucks to be an Artisan Trainer

And there is the problem. You get no reward for actually leveling your Training role.

You interpreted wrong. Where a cook will take a long time to figure out how the system works and build in skill using different recipes at different stages..... a trainer will catch a horse, ride it, and then breed it. That's it. Training is the easiest life skill and all of the profit is made afk. 

Posted

You interpreted wrong. Where a cook will take a long time to figure out how the system works and build in skill using different recipes at different stages..... a trainer will catch a horse, ride it, and then breed it. That's it. Training is the easiest life skill and all of the profit is made afk. 

You mean using a guide?

Posted

I agree with you. Generally all lifeskill sales suck ass. Cooking is limited by the amount of energy you have for yielding ingredients, even at max energy optimization you can only get around 2.5-2.6k worth of milk as ingredient everyday. The only difference is no one talks down to cooks when they ask for food price to be buff, but everyone gets triggered when horse price are asked to be buffed (✿◡‿◡)

When is the last time a person ask for food prices to be buffed?!

Training is a know nothing, zero energy cost, low investment cost, and the majority of the train is AFK life skill.

and yet ... give me more money, give me more money.  That's gross.

Try making a living with just farming as see how far you get.

Posted

Its not easy if you are breeding for a perfect horse dont think I have ever afk trained a T7 I personally always take note of there stats every level so see where the points are being spent check if the skills it learned are decent or need to be swapped ( if i have skill resets ) 

course if all you wanna do is get a high teir horse ya its might be ok but if you dont wanna be riding a T7 with 3 skills and the speed of a T5 then no its not just afk 

Posted

You mean using a guide?

That and the investment of ingredients and the cost of energy.

Yeah - see how different it is?

Posted

When is the last time a person ask for food prices to be buffed?!

Training is a know nothing, zero energy cost, low investment cost, and the majority of the train is AFK life skill.

and yet ... give me more money, give me more money.  That's gross.

Try making a living with just farming as see how far you get.

You clearly do not level horses if this is what you think it is

Posted

Its not easy if you are breeding for a perfect horse dont think I have ever afk trained a T7 I personally always take note of there stats every level so see where the points are being spent check if the skills it learned are decent or need to be swapped ( if i have skill resets ) 

course if all you wanna do is get a high teir horse ya its might be ok but if you dont wanna be riding a T7 with 3 skills and the speed of a T5 then no its not just afk 

what do you mean not just afk?

You clearly do not level horses if this is what you think it is

master 4 training

Posted (edited)

Ya and i have master 2 cooking from afk making beer does not mean i am a cook

The issues is you claim that horse breeding is easy and simple well so can just about any other life skill the thing is some people put far more effort into them than others so you cant just say one life skill horse breeding is the simplest one there is since most can be just as simple for the person that put no effort into it

Edited by theotherguy

Posted (edited)

I don't remember having had a hard time to figure out how to drop the ingredients into the cooking utensil.
One could even say the actual taming mini-game requires more skill.
As for the recipes... that would be the level requirements for the different tier breedings and their potential outcomes.

I was Farmer Rank 1 long ago... before the Shards were even introduced or the worker aid. I grew my ingredients for cooking.
Sure the argument of Energy investment might have been valid at that time but we no longer need that for the majority of the life skills.
I don't know why you try so hard to discredit Training.

Mind you the only actual life skill to compare here would be afk-Fishing anyway. easy Relics easy Life!

Edited by Eternal2nd