• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Bases on trees during node wars

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure what people have been smoking if they think building a base on a tree to make it invulnerable is "intended" simply because it hasn't been fixed.

However, because it seems like it has been ignored in KR for so long, every guild should be doing this in every nodewar. Nodewars with unkillable bases!

Lets see how fun that gets.

1 person likes this

Posted

everyone does this in high level guilds and its even done lots in kr so not a exsploit till bans happen and thats highly unlikely.

bullshit... there are guilds that dont use it... 

Posted

I don't would use it...it's not fair and when every guild is doing this...where is the fun m8's? Put back your e-penis and play for fun...be fair man

Posted

Just increase your gathering level

1 person likes this

Posted

Confirmed not an exploit in kr, but theres a future fix coming. problem solved.

Posted

How can it not be an exploit yet still require a fix?

Posted

How can it not be an exploit yet still require a fix?

Are underpowered classes an exploit?

Posted

Are underpowered classes an exploit?

That isn't even a valid comparison.
Does an apple taste like an orange?

/facepalm

Posted

That isn't even a valid comparison.
Does an apple taste like an orange?

/facepalm

How is it not valid?

If someone tells me that anything which requires a fix is an exploit, I could write you a list of thousands of things which disprove that right now.

/facepalm

Posted

just as you think it's ok to farm on other peoples spots it's ok to place a flag on a spot you can't reach.

Posted

just as you think it's ok to farm on other peoples spots it's ok to place a flag on a spot you can't reach.

I didn't say anything of the sort.

Posted

"This, people for some reason think that if they are in a spot its theirs.  Im sorry thats not how it works.  I grind there if I want.  If someone wants to get salty and pvp fine they can flag, ill fight back, if I lose ill come back over and over again.  If you leave well guess your will to grind in that location wasn't equal to mine."

You for some reason think that if a base is in a spot yo can't reach it's abuse, sorry but that's not how it works, if you want to get salty and make a thread that's fine, we can shitpost back, and we can spawn on top of trees over and over again.

Posted

An exploit is in unintentional bug that is being used for self-gain. Sort of tough to call it an exploit if the devs in KR have known about it for nearly 2 years and haven't fixed it yet. That suggests that its part of the game intended mechanics. 

"unintentional bug"? LOL WHAT? Are you about to tell us the story of intentional bugs?

Even if the devs have not fixed a bug, it does not entitle you to exploit it. Why don't you actually read the terms of service? It's GLARING OBVIOUS that in order to exploit a bug, this bug must still exist, a.k.a. be "still not fixed" after whatever time frame since its discovery.

And how on earth can you claim that a game clearly designed around plausibility would make it an "intended mechanic" to allow placing structures on top of trees?

Man... you really had to think this post hard to come up with all this sillyness.

Like the other smart ass who calls others incompetent for not resorting to bugs in order to win a confrontation.

Posted

How is it not valid?

If someone tells me that anything which requires a fix is an exploit, I could write you a list of thousands of things which disprove that right now.

/facepalm

I said "it" in reference to this particular issue so take your strawman elsewhere.

Posted

I'm sure it's a bug that you can place a fort in a tree. The model is obviously intended to be on the ground. Using a bug for an advantage in PvP has got to be an exploit or nothing is...

If I'm wrong, and having a tree-house fort* is a valid tactic, there just needs to be some reasonable counter that for it.

*I changed my mind. Can we have legit tree-house forts? That would be sweet!

Posted

I said "it" in reference to this particular issue so take your strawman elsewhere.

I said it was fixed in Korea.

You said if it requires a fix then it is an exploit.

I disagree and can give plenty of examples of things which can be fixed but are not exploits.

Pretty straight forward.

Rofl

Posted

"This, people for some reason think that if they are in a spot its theirs.  Im sorry thats not how it works.  I grind there if I want.  If someone wants to get salty and pvp fine they can flag, ill fight back, if I lose ill come back over and over again.  If you leave well guess your will to grind in that location wasn't equal to mine."

You for some reason think that if a base is in a spot yo can't reach it's abuse, sorry but that's not how it works, if you want to get salty and make a thread that's fine, we can shitpost back, and we can spawn on top of trees over and over again.

Still not the same thing.  Being able to place them in a tree was not their intention hence why its being fixed.

Fighting over a grind spot well thats just part of open world sandbox.

Posted

I said it was fixed in Korea.

You said if it requires a fix then it is an exploit.

I disagree and can give plenty of examples of things which can be fixed but are not exploits.

Pretty straight forward.

Rofl

you compared something that gets FIXED with something that gets BALANCED.

there is a diffrence. let me explain it with a simple example:

a skill should do 100 damage by its description.

the skill actually does 200 damage, so 100 more than actually intended.

the result: the skill is broken and needs FIXING.

the devs/pubs decide that the skill should do more damage, than the formerly intended 100.

they change it to 200, including the description, ect.

the result: this skill got adjusted, but was at all times working as intended. this is called BALANCING.

now to the matter at hand:

it is not harder to attack the base, it is impossible. therefor it is something that needs to be fixed.

using this bug to your advantage is indeed an exploit (at least according to the tos/tou, wich i assume you have read).

back to the example i gave. while using a bugged skill is technically an exploit, it hardly is something the devs would punish, as it is nothing of importance. however positioning your base in a matter that you are unable to ever lose is a matter of greater magnitude, as it impares the game experience of many.

so your comparison was indeed bogus, good sir or madam.