• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[RP] Ability to sit on chairs

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello , so for RP players like me i would love see this feature ..

Like sit on these chairs 

d2e7d437d9.jpg

There alot of places with empty chairs and could be a really good RP act ...

As well with marriage etc ..

Sorry for my bad english and tell me if you would love to see this too ! :)

10 people like this

Posted

You are 100% able to sit on chairs in your house! Not only the chair cushion, but also the arms :3 

Posted

You are 100% able to sit on chairs in your house! Not only the chair cushion, but also the arms :3 

Yea in your houses , but i mean in the OW ( Open World ) // Environnement if we can call it like this ^w^ !

Posted

Yea in your houses , but i mean in the OW ( Open World ) // Environnement if we can call it like this ^w^ !

But you know that you can sit on many things? Like benches or cornices etc.? >_>

Posted

But you know that you can sit on many things? Like benches or cornices etc.? >_>

You can if there is room enough for the edge detect system to function properly. With the posted example in the image, the chairs are too close to the table so you can't use them. There are a ton of setups like this in taverns and such, but unless there is a backless bench and you feel like sitting backwards, they are rendered completely useless to roleplayers.

2 people like this

Posted

It wouldn't be hard to add a sit animation into chairs, it's a good suggestion, devs just need to make sure they didn't put down any chairs anywhere that puts your characters head threw a wall od legs through a desk. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, from time-to-time i do think about this, and it would be something nice for the future.  I believe for the most part it's a technical hurdle / worry that a crap load of people might want to sit in one particular chair located at Bob's Ice-cream Parlor.  :P

I remember one of the Dev's at Bethesda for ESO made a comment once about Chair-sitting in open world environments in online games, and that simply creating a /chairsit, character action (a personal chair spawns for sitting needs) solved so many headaches and RP'ers everyone rejoiced. xD

eating.gif

Edited by Neoyoshi
2 people like this

Posted

I saw a video of someone walking backwards towards a wall and then automatically leaning up against it. Pretty sure sitting won't be an issue

Posted

Like sit on these chairs 

d2e7d437d9.jpg

you can always sit on the back of the chair. ;-)

2016-02-15_444677838.thumb.JPG.c3fb4754a

1 person likes this

Posted

That's how the edge detection works, Penello. Depending the surface and/or height the character will either sit or lean against what they back up against. If you walk up to an edge and hit Q, they will sit with their legs hanging over the side. This can then be toggled into various other poses by quickly tapping the S or Q key...a long press of Q will stand them back up. HOWEVER, the point I was making was that if two objects are too close to one another, they essentially form one giant mass and can no longer be read properly. A chair turned sideways next to a table is fine, one pulled far enough out still works too...but the posted example by the OP is an instance where edge detection fails. If you manage to sit on anything, it will be the top of the chair 's back or they will lean against it. Unfortunately, the vast majority of tables in taverns fall into this category. Given they are usually empty, it kinda sucks that we can't use them.

Posted

That's how the edge detection works, Penello. Depending the surface and/or height the character will either sit or lean against what they back up against. If you walk up to an edge and hit Q, they will sit with their legs hanging over the side. This can then be toggled into various other poses by quickly tapping the S or Q key...a long press of Q will stand them back up. HOWEVER, the point I was making was that if two objects are too close to one another, they essentially form one giant mass and can no longer be read properly. A chair turned sideways next to a table is fine, one pulled far enough out still works too...but the posted example by the OP is an instance where edge detection fails. If you manage to sit on anything, it will be the top of the chair 's back or they will lean against it. Unfortunately, the vast majority of tables in taverns fall into this category. Given they are usually empty, it kinda sucks that we can't use them.

That's why i support the idea, despite the edge detect system (Which is epic!)

If they're worried about things like clipping, they could just enable it for -only- the taverns. 

Posted

Honestly, they could add an interaction to chairs like these. It would be similar to how beds work, where the character sort of teleports in position before an animation completes the settle proper.

Posted

Houses can be accessed from anywhere right?

Posted

Well you have many other options too, like leaning on the walls everywhere sitting on wall edges well i think that was mentioned already.

Posted

I'm personally very surprised to find out that we can't do this, with all the cool emotes I've seen in other videos.

If it's a technical hassle, maybe they could pull a FFXI and give us a command to spawn our own chair to sit on, in the future? Here's hope!

Posted

+1. I'm happy that I can place my posterior on many things. I'd be happier still if I could place it on those chairs.

tumblr_li0aymP8Wu1qex3p2o1_400.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for supporting the idea ! 

Let's pray ! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Would be a very neat addition! I support this.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1! Give us chair sitting, pretty please ^^ I would be happy with an emote spawning a chair, but being able to use the "environment" chairs would be the best!

1 person likes this

Posted

You can sit on some chairs but not all. You can sit on some ledges but not all. You can sit on some rocks, but not all. Why is this a concern? If you want to sit, find some place that allows it.

But sure, i'll second the request, it hurts nothing but the developers time lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

But only if the chair is not close to the table

1 person likes this

Posted

You have to have sufficient space to fit your character between the table and the chair.

Holding down S in non-combat mode and then pressing your CTRL hotkey will cause you to sit on a flat surface or lean against a wall

Doing this on top of a wall can actually let you sit on the wall itself

1 person likes this

Posted

Like sit on these chairs 

Sitting on chairs , benches , everywhere where you also could Real . Various seat types . +++++ !

1 person likes this

Posted

Like sit on these chairs 

d2e7d437d9.jpg

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

Like sit on these chairs 

d2e7d437d9.jpg

1+

2 people like this