• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Frontal Guard on Projection

Frontal Guard on Projection   37 votes

1. 1. Do you think we Musa should get Frontal guard on Projection

• Yes
    • No
    • No, would rather... (Comment below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I was wondering if you would reckon without being to OP or stupid, providing a frontal guard on Projection while it cast would be a good idea.

Reason is, that I find often, that the skill is quite delayed and we are stuck in the animation if we want to run "Extra Credit" due to latency.

I don't believe it would become to OP, but it would be a nice breather rather than having a panic since you can't animation cancel the attack until it's cast.

Posted

Hey guys, I was wondering if you would reckon without being to OP or stupid, providing a frontal guard on Projection while it cast would be a good idea.

Reason is, that I find often, that the skill is quite delayed and we are stuck in the animation if we want to run "Extra Credit" due to latency.

I don't believe it would become to OP, but it would be a nice breather rather than having a panic since you can't animation cancel the attack until it's cast.

I'd be fine with the skill seemingly be affected by attack speed, because you cast it slow as shit no matter what, but giving it any form of defense would give our class way to much cheese in a plethora of cheese we already have. Be like walking into an old Italian cheese store that's got some shit so old maggots are growing in it. 

Just buff the damn speed of the spell, the first part goes off fast enough the second is near useless in large scale cause you stand still for so long. 

Posted

I'd be fine with the skill seemingly be affected by attack speed, because you cast it slow as shit no matter what, but giving it any form of defense would give our class way to much cheese in a plethora of cheese we already have. Be like walking into an old Italian cheese store that's got some shit so old maggots are growing in it. 

Just buff the damn speed of the spell, the first part goes off fast enough the second is near useless in large scale cause you stand still for so long. 

Imo it has too much power to be faster, give the damn frontal block and it's ok. Kuno can have all skills + flows super armored or guarded (minus 2) but we can't have 2 guarded skills? gg

Posted

We need super armor back on Crust crusher it's useless in siege xD and it would be a huge impact if we could use it without a Ranger wiffing a skill, blowing up our guard and CCing me.

Posted

We need super armor back on Crust crusher it's useless in siege xD and it would be a huge impact if we could use it without a Ranger wiffing a skill, blowing up our guard and CCing me.

You don't use it in the center, you use it as if it was conal, in the frenzy of action, mostly for Foul Play big cone too, doesn't have to land Crust crusher.

Posted

Imo it has too much power to be faster, give the damn frontal block and it's ok. Kuno can have all skills + flows super armored or guarded (minus 2) but we can't have 2 guarded skills? gg

If it has a frontal block then the only skill we won't have any defense on is Spinner, which is already useless, and just reinforces the point of it's uselessness while giving bad Musas more cheesiness to be bad with. We have plenty of Super Armor, combined with our block, and chase, asking for more defense to me is a little ludicrous, Projection is a fairly small cone and it's damage falls off rapidly with distance. It's great as a way to ----- up a bunch of crowded people but you have to pop it extremely close to have any effect, and if you're that close and you want to ----- people up then you have Below The Belt, or back up a little further and lay down a Foul Play. 

I'm all for buffs to our class but not these kind of buffs, we don't need more abilities with defense, we need more options to lay down the hurt. When BTB is on cool-down we have virtually no way to open without getting CC'd against a group of people, giving Projection a Frontal Block doesn't solve that because it's CC is limited to about a foot in front of you on the very first hits, which are usually resisted anyway. Not to mention it's damage is garbage at mid to max range, I'd much rather have them make Spinner useful by giving it Super Armor and a solid AoE Float or Knockdown effect. As it stands, it's more useless than Grapple Arrow, at least I could get into castles with Grapple Arrow. 

Posted

If it has a frontal block then the only skill we won't have any defense on is Spinner, which is already useless, and just reinforces the point of it's uselessness while giving bad Musas more cheesiness to be bad with. We have plenty of Super Armor, combined with our block, and chase, asking for more defense to me is a little ludicrous, Projection is a fairly small cone and it's damage falls off rapidly with distance. It's great as a way to ----- up a bunch of crowded people but you have to pop it extremely close to have any effect, and if you're that close and you want to ----- people up then you have Below The Belt, or back up a little further and lay down a Foul Play. 

I'm all for buffs to our class but not these kind of buffs, we don't need more abilities with defense, we need more options to lay down the hurt. When BTB is on cool-down we have virtually no way to open without getting CC'd against a group of people, giving Projection a Frontal Block doesn't solve that because it's CC is limited to about a foot in front of you on the very first hits, which are usually resisted anyway. Not to mention it's damage is garbage at mid to max range, I'd much rather have them make Spinner useful by giving it Super Armor and a solid AoE Float or Knockdown effect. As it stands, it's more useless than Grapple Arrow, at least I could get into castles with Grapple Arrow. 

Other classes can have extremely hard hitting protected spells, but we don't? Ranger dash offers iframe only when not on cd and they're still harder to catch than us, they seem perma iFramed.....Also fiery crevice doesn't even have SA, and it's a killer to us when we pull it off by mistake. So not only would be spinner. Musa Spirit not SA either, Nemesis flow doesn't offer anythign either, it's just rapid access to old skill, Extra credit the same deal. Again how would be Spinner the only non protected skill? Won't bother to mention One step back and twister since those aren't damage skills, but utility.

Posted

Other classes can have extremely hard hitting protected spells, but we don't? Ranger dash offers iframe only when not on cd and they're still harder to catch than us, they seem perma iFramed.....Also fiery crevice doesn't even have SA, and it's a killer to us when we pull it off by mistake. So not only would be spinner. Musa Spirit not SA either, Nemesis flow doesn't offer anythign either, it's just rapid access to old skill, Extra credit the same deal. Again how would be Spinner the only non protected skill? Won't bother to mention One step back and twister since those aren't damage skills, but utility.

I'm talking straight skills, not Flows, so you're right in Crevice being unprotected to, but that's it, Spinner and Crevice. If you wanna give us more Super Armor or Frontal Blocks fine, it won't help us in mass GvGs, Projection won't suddenly be a better CC or do more damage with a Frontal Guard, it won't suddenly become useful because you can block with it. It just becomes some potato skill people spam when they don't know what else to do, I want usefulness, not randomness. 

Posted

I'm talking straight skills, not Flows, so you're right in Crevice being unprotected to, but that's it, Spinner and Crevice. If you wanna give us more Super Armor or Frontal Blocks fine, it won't help us in mass GvGs, Projection won't suddenly be a better CC or do more damage with a Frontal Guard, it won't suddenly become useful because you can block with it. It just becomes some potato skill people spam when they don't know what else to do, I want usefulness, not randomness. 

Well, an extra guard/SA on one of those, OR the ultimate grab, i'm fine with whatever change, obviously i'd prefer the grab tho.

Posted

Well, an extra guard/SA on one of those, OR the ultimate grab, i'm fine with whatever change, obviously i'd prefer the grab tho.

I'd prefer a grab or a guard break as suggested in another thread, just a way to make people stop huddling behind block. We really don't need more defense, we just need ways around other peoples' defense. 

Posted

I'd prefer a grab or a guard break as suggested in another thread, just a way to make people stop huddling behind block. We really don't need more defense, we just need ways around other peoples' defense. 

Ya i know, but if they don't wanna give grab, at least this little something T_T

Posted

Did you guys try and see if it's affected by cast speed increases? 

Posted

so I think a lot of you don't use Projection in all it's possibilities.

1 thing I love doing is casting it randomly, since while you are correct @SinisterSaint, that the damage in the distance of the skill is rubbish. The skill acutally causes desync on anyone who gets caught in it, and makes then stuck, and dragged along in it. My Main use of it being frontal blocked, is that I often am casting it, and before it out I get destroyed.

I also see that you are saying we have enough SA and shit, compared to other classes. We have the least there is in our toolkit. Look at any others. The only class that doesn't have only 1 skill unprotected is Sorc, but that's because they have around 3 iframes, and one does not have a CD. Now you can argue and say that well, we have Chase, and that has iframe and SA, but you can't attack out of it. Sorc Tele, can KD the opponent near them, where we have to stop chasing to use any ability. Also, I can't count the amount of times I have been CCed out of Chase, that I honestly believe that it's just a rumor that we have any protection in it, you can't even escape a Singularity from sorc.

Posted

so I think a lot of you don't use Projection in all it's possibilities.

1 thing I love doing is casting it randomly, since while you are correct @SinisterSaint, that the damage in the distance of the skill is rubbish. The skill acutally causes desync on anyone who gets caught in it, and makes then stuck, and dragged along in it. My Main use of it being frontal blocked, is that I often am casting it, and before it out I get destroyed.

I also see that you are saying we have enough SA and shit, compared to other classes. We have the least there is in our toolkit. Look at any others. The only class that doesn't have only 1 skill unprotected is Sorc, but that's because they have around 3 iframes, and one does not have a CD. Now you can argue and say that well, we have Chase, and that has iframe and SA, but you can't attack out of it. Sorc Tele, can KD the opponent near them, where we have to stop chasing to use any ability. Also, I can't count the amount of times I have been CCed out of Chase, that I honestly believe that it's just a rumor that we have any protection in it, you can't even escape a Singularity from sorc.

You confused @PandaPolishesPotatos and me, i defend the fact that we don't have enough protecton compared to other classes actually xD

Ranger has 5 frontal guards. On all main damage skills too. All of them have some CC too.

Can't compare a dev class, vs a a player class xD

Posted

grab would be awesome but they're definitely not going to give it to us.  I'd either like SA back on crust crusher or guard on projection...both would be awesome but it's not gonna happen

Posted

You confused @PandaPolishesPotatos and me, i defend the fact that we don't have enough protecton compared to other classes actually xD

Can't compare a dev class, vs a a player class xD

Sorry, wasn't intended to be directed at you. Just saying that a lot of people are talking about speed and stuff of the skill. I was just saying that, you can semi cancel the slash animation with a backwards chase, but because of the delay on the animation allowing you to move afterwards, I'm fully vulnerable for the entire attack. At least with frontal guard just for the slash up part, I am only at risk, half the time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to see Frontal Guard or SA on some skills in blade mode like Blind Thrust or Dragonbite, as well as Projection.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0