• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Force Enhancement Done Right

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd like to further develop on the idea of force enhancing gear 

Who says that this alternative to enhancing your gear will necessarily have to allow you to go all the way to PEN? Or even TET at that? If this system were implemented (which i am onboard for), I'd suggest making force enhancements possible up to TRI tier. The number of required fodder gear should obviously be large enough to make players have to put a significant amount of time into collecting them, yada yada yada. (This is fine for players who would like to have a competitive gear score, as it effectively rewards their sheer time and effort rather than feeling as though they've been wasting much more time than those lucky few who've spent half the hours and silver on reaching TET through RNG alone.)

In the case for achieving TET and PEN, however, nothing changes. It remains a matter of RNG. Players who wish to go above the standardized competitive tier of TRI, do not have the option to force enhance their way there. This allows players that sense of accomplishment one gets from being among the lucky few who've taken a risk for greater strength.

One of the main arguments against the idea of removing RNG out of the equation is that everyone would have PEN, making it no longer an impressive achievement, thereby losing that sense of power and grandeur among the community. However, it doesn't have to be so black and white. There is a place for BOTH force enhancement as well as RNG, and i believe this is the way to do it.

Edited by Exayn
Spelling and stuffs
1 person likes this

Posted

Ieveryone would have PEN, making it no longer an impressive achievement,

there is nothing impressive in the first place, since it depend at 100% of your RNG luck.

Rolling dice, is not, and will never be impressive.

6 people like this

Posted

good story but if they make it forcable the population will drop, this game has not much to offer if everyone is in PEN gear. The strive to get PEN before the rest is what drives ultimately the "content"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

good story but if they make it forcable the population will drop, this game has not much to offer if everyone is in PEN gear. The strive to get PEN before the rest is what drives ultimately the "content"

Did you even read my "story"?

You seem to have missed the part where it gets really good, when I say achieving PEN or TET will still be a matter of RNG and unforcable. 

there is nothing impressive in the first place, since it depend at 100% of your RNG luck.

Not that I personally think it's impressive, but those who do find a sense of accomplishment from RNG might think otherwise. 

Edited by Exayn

Posted (edited)

those who do find a sense of accomplishment from RNG might think otherwise. 

Still have no sense. How could you even have a accomplishment feeling from rolling XXXX time a dice in order to unlock [whatever]

The dice result decide, so not you, throwing a dice will NEVER make you special, you will always be a random pleb that have done nothing, and will never do / accomplish anything since the game decide everything for you ( = dice rolling )

Edited by woots

Posted

Still have no sense. How could you even have a accomplishment feeling from rolling XXXX time a dice in order to unlock [whatever]

The dice result decide, so not you, throwing a dice will NEVER make you special, you will always be a random pleb that have done nothing, and will never do / accomplish anything since the game decide everything for you ( = dice rolling )

Rolling a lot of dices over months and months, is quite impressive to me, tbh xDD. Can you roll that many dices tho? That's the real question.

Posted

He was saying that they're looney and possibly need psychiatric care.

I might be reading a bit too much in to their glee though. ;)

Posted (edited)

He was saying that they're looney and possibly need psychiatric care.

I might be reading a bit too much in to their glee though. ;)

That change from the usual troll. 6/10 for the effort

Rolling a lot of dices over months and months, is quite impressive to me, tbh xDD. Can you roll that many dices tho? That's the real question.

At this point, considering the success rate, its more insanety. But, everyone can roll that many dice, that game doesnt requier any single personnal competence.

EDIT : not saying, considering the no stop "catch up" event / free loot distribution, the devs themself are aware of the game retardness for the "gear progression", otherwise, if everything was smooth like in many games, thoses guys wouldnt need to "help" that much everyone.

( or give a motivation boost because the game is absurd for that point )

Edited by woots

Posted

It's not all RNG lol. Build failstacks.

Posted

im honestly paraphrasing what someone has said in the thread i linked in my OP. People who support RNG have used the argument that a sense of accomplishment is felt 

Posted

im honestly paraphrasing what someone has said in the thread i linked in my OP. People who support RNG have used the argument that a sense of accomplishment is felt 

Still doesnt change what i said.

Posted

This a 1000 times for every idiot that thinks having pen gear is impressive or takes some kind of skill it doesn't you got lucky 

Posted

Cause building FS is not rng? smh

Posted

You seem to have missed the part where it gets really good, when I say achieving PEN or TET will still be a matter of RNG and unforcable. 

Not that I personally think it's impressive, but those who do find a sense of accomplishment from RNG might think otherwise. 

if pen and tet are still RNG what do I care about Tri it is ez?

Posted

lets dream for a while....

you have 12 characters with 1k fs each (far over the cap for anything in this game, but bear with it for a second). the goal is to bring one item from +15 to pen. it will still depend on your luck, if it succeds or not, because the chance never even gets close to 100%.

while you can higher your chances of succes by using a failstack, it stays rng.

also this is 100% true :D:

Cause building FS is not rng? smh

Posted (edited)

Sorry but I'm against ANY new system that doesn't try to incorporate some kind of Tactical or Skillful difficulty index into its execution.  ...just meeting some arbitrary Quota is not different enough from the system we already have and it's even MORE BORING in almost every way

Infact if it was up to me ... most of the "positive FS Karma" towards a successful enchant would be based on personal metrics from PvP; demonstrating clear self improvement in raw survival and objective success (not just stupid deathmatching and racking up Frags) ... and those metrics would be Weighted by gearscore so that the most undergeared peeps would naturally catch up faster to the most Geared peeps.   And any player who earned a PEN that way? ...would have had to have faced some truly improbable odds while improving their reflexes & tactics BIGLY

Edited by iller

Posted

Theres ppl with TET jewelry, these peopl will have PEN gear in no time if Tri would be forceable, please play the game more before you post such ideas

Posted (edited)

this is complete bullshit meanwhile depending on who you ask.   I stopped at TRI gear but I'm still logging in every day, AFK'ing every night, and putting 3+ active hours minimum in even when I'm desperately trying *not* to play.  Infact the people who even try for TET gear make up that same tiny sliver of super Competitive players that are the Fringe of every Online game out there.  It varies from game to game depending on its casualness... they might be 10% of EVE's and DOTA2's pop but they'd only be 2% of League's pop for instance and only 1% of a Blizzard Game's pop.  Which means maybe they're 3-7% of this games? (depending on channel/region)  Yah this game really is a bit on the hardcore grinder's spectrum.  But to even suggest that it's the MAIN thing that passes for "content" for people, even if every single one of those people is AT end-game now? ...That's just unbelievably Insular and Elitist. GTFO out of that Lead bubble you're in

Edited by iller

Posted

this is complete bullshit meanwhile depending on who you ask.   I stopped at TRI gear but I'm still logging in every day, AFK'ing every night, and putting 3+ active hours minimum in even when I'm desperately trying *not* to play.  Infact the people who even try for TET gear make up that same tiny sliver of super Competitive players that are the Fringe of every Online game out there.  It varies from game to game depending on its casualness... they might be 10% of EVE's and DOTA2's pop but they'd only be 2% of League's pop for instance and only 1% of a Blizzard Game's pop.  Which means maybe they're 3-7% of this games? (depending on channel/region)  Yah this game really is a bit on the hardcore grinder's spectrum.  But to even suggest that it's the MAIN thing that passes for "content" for people, even if every single one of those people is AT end-game now? ...That's just unbelievably Insular and Elitist. GTFO out of that Lead bubble you're in

well i care for the 7-9% the rest is fodder i can saceifice so yes you may be right go pce now and beg the pvp mechanic doesnt change