• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suggestions for the enchantment system

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Before I get into my suggested changes I would like to state a few things to start off with to show that these suggestions aren't unrealistic. I know that there are plenty of suggestions posted daily and that not everything can even be considered due to the amount of work it would take compared to the amount of the player base that wants it and how it would affect the company's income but I hope nothing I suggest in regards to enchanting would deter GMs or Developers from at least considering what I am going to suggest. I also realize that a significant change to the enchant system would mean players would reach "max" gear faster and would mean players get bored faster and that the company would sell less artisans memories for repairs and possibly costumes to fund enchant session so with all this said I hope that my suggestions come across as fair and rewarding to both the player and the company.

I suggest lowering the amount of Cron stones required per enchant on main pieces of gear such as weapons and armor not for accessories though. From my experience the amount of cron stones needed is usually close to the cost of the current item you are enchanting of course this isn't 100% when taking into account boss gear and accessories but generally speaking the use of cron stones is very expensive. not only that but even with the use of cron stones there is still a chance, I don't know the exact chance but I have been told its around 20%, of item loss or degradation. I have not done any research into how many players actually use cron stones but I can safely say no one in my guild or anyone I have spoken to for advice or any guides I have seen suggest using cron stones for the reasons afformentioned. I believe lowering the necessary amount of cron stones for the chance of protecting your enchant level will invite more players to use them while also keeping their frustration levels down. I also believe the more players you have enchanting then the more people you will have buying artisans memories for repairs. speaking of artisans memories I would also like to suggest changing the Loyalty Point cost of them down to 100 LP because there are similar costed items in the pearl shop, as in items that cost 50 cents,  that cost 100 LP from the loyalty store while the 50 cent artisans memory costs 400 LP. I think changing the amount of cron stones to something close to the chance of success for a specific enchant would be very fair, for example if I am enchanting a Green awakening weapon like a scythe from +16 to +17 you would subtract the price difference of a +17 scythe and a +16 scythe then divide the result by the rough chance of succeeding the enchant. so if there is roughly a 1/4 chance of success with a max fail stack for getting +17 and the difference in cost is 40 million silver then I believe the amount of cron stones required to have a chance of protecting the current enchant level should be 10 million so 10 cron stones. (70-30)/4=10. those numbers aren't exact and i am not currently in game so i can't give precise numbers but something like this will encourage the use of them while relying on the traditional risk/reward system of how most people currently enchant can still be very rewarding for those that succeed with low fail stacks and the revised cron stone system provides a slightly slower but more reliable way to enchant. of course these are just some ideas and aren't backed by any real data but i can do some more research and math behind any suggestions if needed.

in conclusion I have been playing for awhile and have seen improvements made to the enchantment system in regards to repairing max durability but as it is currently  it can still be very frustrating for the average player, and i stress average I know there are some hardcore players that can afford to spend 8+ hours a day actively playing while also leaving their pc on 24/7 for workers to passively make money while fishing afk, to enchant his or her own gear with the current system due to the fact that it costs silver to build fail stacks and to repair your gear and to make another attempt at the enchant you are going for. But when you have to grind for your memory frags as well as enchant mats its extremely frustrating trying to get your gear to a competitive level. I appreciate any response from member of the staff and I have other ideas about fair changes to enchanting that I would love to discuss so please feel free to ask questions or to start up a discussion with me on this topic!

2 people like this

Posted

I definitely agree that using Cron stones as a safety measure for enhancing is generally way too expensive and really defeats their purpose, particularly because it does not even guarantee protection ...

Posted

I suggest they totally get rid of this enhancement RNG total BS!

All based on luck, no skill, cron bloody pearls or poxy FS whatsoever will change the outcome. I know a guy who got TET with no FS on first try! if that doesn't tell you the system is total BS then I don't know what will.

Bin it, destroy it, set in on flames, pop it in the microwave and nuke the BA***RD! but for all that is holy just get rid of it and introduce a much simpler system where hard work and the amount of money, time and effort really count for something.

2 people like this

Posted

I liked BnS's enhancement system.  You get items from bosses and use it to upgrade your weapon 100% success.  That too is a bit RNG since you may not get the required item to upgrade your weapon but hey 100% success rate :) 

2 people like this

Posted

Agree 100%

Posted

I liked BnS's enhancement system.  You get items from bosses and use it to upgrade your weapon 100% success.  That too is a bit RNG since you may not get the required item to upgrade your weapon but hey 100% success rate :) 

Your clearly being Sarcastic or haven't been playing very long....

Posted

To the OP

I also opened a thread detailing specific changes i wanted to see to accessory enhancements. The most important idea I mentioned was the ability to use pri/duo/tri items as the enhancing items alongside the pri/duo/tri items you're enhancing. Example: Using a pri witch earring to enhance another pri witch earring would increase chance of enhance by ?%

What do you think of that idea? Also i like the rebalance of the loyalty mem frags because as it stands they are overprices especially since there are other 50 cent items that cost 100 loyalties. Definitely a good idea.

Posted

Your clearly being Sarcastic or haven't been playing very long....

If you're talking about BDO I've been playing since launch.  If you're talking about BnS I only played that to hold me down until BDO was released.  

Posted

If you're talking about BDO I've been playing since launch.  If you're talking about BnS I only played that to hold me down until BDO was released.  

sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about BDO enchantment system. Didn't read it right. 

Posted

How about the item, is automatically repaired upon a successful enchant rise?

So you really need to hit a success within what 8 or 10 chances and if it hasn't succeeded then you have to repair the item and keep trying.

Fail stacking and RNG is just Asian gambling.

1 person likes this

Posted

How about the item, is automatically repaired upon a successful enchant rise?

So you really need to hit a success within what 8 or 10 chances and if it hasn't succeeded then you have to repair the item and keep trying.

Fail stacking and RNG is just Asian gambling.

this would be nice too but they would lose too much of their sales of artisans on the pearl shop.

To the OP

I also opened a thread detailing specific changes i wanted to see to accessory enhancements. The most important idea I mentioned was the ability to use pri/duo/tri items as the enhancing items alongside the pri/duo/tri items you're enhancing. Example: Using a pri witch earring to enhance another pri witch earring would increase chance of enhance by ?%

What do you think of that idea? Also i like the rebalance of the loyalty mem frags because as it stands they are overprices especially since there are other 50 cent items that cost 100 loyalties. Definitely a good idea.

pri enhancing a pri giving higher enchant rates sounds like an awesome idea i wish the devs would respond to some of these and tell us if they even look at this stuff lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0