• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Top Tier Rangers Changing Classes?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

I think I am noticing a common trend here lately.  It seems top tier rangers are swapping classes. I've seen several rangers attempting tet on dandelion greatswords and scythes.  I've seen many tet dandelion swords being sold. What gives?  Is it due to the current meta?  Rangers seem like a pretty good class overall but seem to lack a significant contribution in large scale PvP. Is this perhaps the reason?  It could be nothing but it does seem as though many rangers are jumping ship.  Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

for me, i wanted to try something new so i decided to try out witch awakening (this decision was reinforced because i just looted a kzarka box (lol) )

Posted

Quite obvious why they are changing. Rangers really aren't great in sieges compared to a sorc who can go in and kill 10 players with one ult compared to a ranger who just goes in and melts.

Posted

As a top ranger rolling sorc... I can say 

The class is just not that effective in siege wars which is the only content that really matters to me these days. I do not enjoy playing it and wish I played a much more impactful class like warrior, sorceress or berserker. It's pretty rough rerolling from a 61 ranger so think about what you want to do because at some point down the line, your decisions might come back to bite you in the ass.

Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs. Rangers are extremely good at 1v1, but not as good as berserkers. Rangers don't really have much to do in anything more than like 5v5 combat. They are heavily CD reliant and hit and run, as well as being extremely fragile. I have 224 AP and it's no where near enough to be effective. You really need maximum top gear to have fun in my opinion, and for that you need to be extremely RNG carried with your enchants.

5 people like this

Posted

The class is just not that effective in siege wars which is the only content that really matters to me these days. I do not enjoy playing it and wish I played a much more impactful class like warrior, sorceress or berserker. It's pretty rough rerolling from a 61 ranger so think about what you want to do because at some point down the line, your decisions might come back to bite you in the ass.

Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs. Rangers are extremely good at 1v1, but not as good as berserkers. Rangers don't really have much to do in anything more than like 5v5 combat. They are heavily CD reliant and hit and run, as well as being extremely fragile. I have 224 AP and it's no where near enough to be effective. You really need maximum top gear to have fun in my opinion, and for that you need to be extremely RNG carried with your enchants.

Hotboxia? I believe I read your opinion on the matter on reddit or something.  I have similar stats but am I not competing at the level you are.  I have noticed that we are a bit lackluster in larger battles and that warrior, sorceress, and berserker seem to provide a more meaningful impact to large scale PvP. 

Posted

man u guys must be really hardcore . i just got to 59 not long ago and there is no way im grinding to that on a new char. plus u will have to rebuy the weights from cash shop, loyalties, and costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

How have the re-rolls been going?

Seems like it's not a class specific thing, just the hardcore players are getting burned out on their classes after lvl 60, seeing morralan and blade boques both switching from their warriors because they're so boring in pve

Haven't seen any notable sorcs do it but there's some threads on these forums and reddit of some doing the same, grass is always greener and the grind in the game is for gear more than it is for levels so doesn't really matter

Personally I'm waiting for dark knight to do the same, I can't stand how squishy ranger is anymore

Posted

I'm amazed at how anyone can play their characters to level 60 and not get bored. I have 3 different classes that keeps me occupied and I've personally been through the excitement of 4 classes when awakening came out. To me, that is way more fun than grinding out on one character. I have a ranger, tamer, witch, and musa awakening.  

Posted (edited)

I don't think many of you get the idea of ranger in siege war. All they do is shotgun and descendant arrow. They are one of the most safest classes because they are ranged. You rarely use awakening in siege war. Rangers are one of the most important classes in a siege war

Compare a guild with 20 rangers descending current a base vs a guild 2 rangers. When a guild is turtle, and many rangers rain arrow the base, they must push out because even with 5 rangers (I can even put up a video of it...), the descending current negates current health pots.. Thats not even the point, any class that is full ap/hybrid is unsafe to attack most buildings in a siege war compared to ranger. When many rangers rain arrow, it is pretty scary...

Not only that, rangers usually get the top kills in a siege

"Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs"

This is incorrect

Tell me a class that is able to clear the whole jungle at pirates solo (With mobs not respawning fast enough) with only 200 awakening ap. I don't think sorc is able to do that.

Majority of the players who are rangers that are re rolling because they think rangers are bad, just sucks at ranger.. And yes ranger does take some skill to play...

Heres demonstration for those who don't know how to play ranger in siege wars... User is rosar offhand (he is not in the video) full tet average ranger gs in kr. And notice the other rangers in the video of what they are doing...

Edited by BarcodeGod
4 people like this

Posted

No way im re rolling :D ..I mean I might try out other awakenings and gear them up, get them to Lv58-59 but thats it. Not fully re rolling

Posted

I don't think many of you get the idea of ranger in siege war. All they do is shotgun and descendant arrow. They are one of the most safest classes because they are ranged. You rarely use awakening in siege war.

Compare a guild with 20 rangers descending current a base vs a guild 2 rangers. When a guild is turtle, and many rangers rain arrow the base, they must push out because even with 5 rangers (I can even put up a video of it...), the descending current negates current health pots.. Thats not even the point, any class that is full ap/hybrid is unsafe to attack most buildings in a siege war compared to ranger. When many rangers rain arrow, it is pretty scary...

This is incorrect

Tell me a class that is able to clear the whole jungle at pirates solo (With mobs not respawning fast enough) with only 200 awakening ap. I don't think sorc is able to do that.

Majority of the players who are rangers that are re rolling because they think rangers are bad, just sucks at ranger.. And yes ranger does take some skill to play...

Heres demonstration for those who don't know how to play ranger in siege wars... User is rosar offhand (he is not in the video) full tet average ranger gs in kr. And notice the other rangers in the video of what they are doing...

Pretty sure the guy you are responding to is Hotboxia from Barcode.  As far as I know they have more geared rangers than any guild on the NA server.  I'm sure they know the power of 220+ AP rangers raining arrows on their enemies. However, their current ranger heavy composition doesn't seem to fair too well against other top tier guild's composition.  Sure a bunch of rangers using descending current hurts and can be game changing but a single black hole from a single well geared sorc can be decimating.  A group of sorcs using black hole is far more catastrophic than a bunch of rangers using descending current.  Same could be said for warrior ultimate.  All that said, I'm a bit out of my depth here.  I don't compete at that level so my opinion doesn't really carry a lot of weight on the matter.

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure the guy you are responding to is Hotboxia from Barcode.  As far as I know they have more geared rangers than any guild on the NA server.  I'm sure they know the power of 220+ AP rangers raining arrows on their enemies. However, their current ranger heavy composition doesn't seem to fair too well against other top tier guild's composition.  Sure a bunch of rangers using descending current hurts and can be game changing but a single black hole from a single well geared sorc can be decimating.  A group of sorcs using black hole is far more catastrophic than a bunch of rangers using descending current.  Same could be said for warrior ultimate.  All that said, I'm a bit out of my depth here.  I don't compete at that level so my opinion doesn't really carry a lot of weight on the matter.

Your comparing black spirit rage which is burst to dps...

Black holes and warriors ults wont dps buildings down

So then your saying Plum is better than ranger in siege war? Plum has one of the best ult in the game and will 1 shot everyone in the ult if geared

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted (edited)

I don't think many of you get the idea of ranger in siege war. All they do is shotgun and descendant arrow. They are one of the most safest classes because they are ranged. You rarely use awakening in siege war. Rangers are one of the most important classes in a siege war

This is incorrect

Heres demonstration for those who don't know how to play ranger in siege wars... User is rosar offhand (he is not in the video) full tet average ranger gs in kr. And notice the other rangers in the video of what they are doing..

"Tell me a class that is able to clear the whole jungle at pirates solo (With mobs not respawning fast enough) with only 200 awakening ap. I don't think sorc is able to do that."

Both sorceress and zerker farm jungle at pirates faster than ranger. 

People talk about ranger being OP, but it's really only that way in 1v1 when regeneration and natures tremble are up (20+ second cooldowns). Barcode used to be a guild with 20 rangers, and they got smashed because they had too many rangers and not enough of a frontline. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

"Tell me a class that is able to clear the whole jungle at pirates solo (With mobs not respawning fast enough) with only 200 awakening ap. I don't think sorc is able to do that."

Both sorceress and zerker farm jungle at pirates faster than ranger. 

Definitely agree on zerker.  Thought I was fast on jungle route until I partied up with a zerker from Gravity.

Posted (edited)

Definitely agree on zerker.  Thought I was fast on jungle route until I partied up with a zerker from Gravity.

Yeah, you literally lava piercer between mob packs and kill them with one skill as a zerker at high ap (200 or higher) xD 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Your comparing black spirit rage which is burst to dps...

Black holes and warriors ults wont dps buildings down

So then your saying Plum is better than ranger in siege war? Plum has one of the best ult in the game and will 1 shot everyone in the ult if geared

Agreed.  Black hole and warrior ult doesn't dps buildings down.  What it does is kill groups of players giving them all increasing respawn timers.  When nobody is alive to defend structures you can kill the structures with whatever you want.

Posted

This is you that posted in the following reddit thread, correct?  

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5j31yi/help_any_ranger_guide/

HotboxiaNA 61 <lIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI> 1 point 3 days ago 

Posted

This is you that posted in the following reddit thread, correct?  

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5j31yi/help_any_ranger_guide/

HotboxiaNA 61 <lIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI> 1 point 3 days ago 

nope not me I'm just so inlove with what he said.. I printed out his words and they are sitting on my fridge right now 

Posted

nope not me I'm just so inlove with what he said.. I printed out his words and they are sitting on my fridge right now 

Okay, my bad. I just assumed because it was a direct quote.

Posted (edited)

Every class on this forum wants to be the other its hilarious. Anyway regarding the whole "black hole is OP" belief. Um Im not sure where the appeal is honestly. I guess people just want to press one button, see the kill feed with their name and feel good about themselves. But like... if you die to black hole... its probably due to:

A. So much lag that your inputs are too slow to cause movement

B. You fell asleep at keyboard.

In coming rant:

If you dont get killed by black holes 1v1, (reading various names and recognizing some of them I deduce this is likely the case), you shouldnt be dying to rouge holes in groups. You know where the sorc is gonna place it, you know how slow it is, hell did all the sorcs forget to mention the damn thing got nerfed a few patches ago? Yea the suction on it is severely weaker than it was on release, every class in the game can borderline WALK out of it, so all you have to do is use your evasion/dash abilities, no matter what class you are. Or even better, block if you got it. Its powerful in sieges because it forces your engage/front-line to respect it. You sit in it, yea you'll die. If you back off, slightly re position/flank its easy to avoid. Black hole kills retards in nodes, every class has a retard kill skill, many of them arent black rage spirit 100%'s. You wanna know why Sorcs are topping charts? Grim judgment kill stealing or just straight up 1 shotting fools. That one ability alone can kill 10 players at once, not even kidding.  And it only happens because everyone lets sorcs go unchecked.

How many of you 1v1 gods take it upon yourself to shut down the problem sorc? Probably none of you, despite having the natrual 1v1 advantage in ranger and superior super armor/cc. How many of your guilds designate your tamers, ninjas/kunos to solely focus on ccing/focusing sorcs? None of you because you kicked them all from your guilds? Likely the case. I dont think the ranger community are idiots, I dont think any one SPECIFIC community is comprised of a bunch of retards. Though I will say this, the mere fact that this many of you are allured by one of the most autisticly easy to avoid sorc abilities because it nets any sort of kills in a GvG just speaks to how shallow the vast majority of players think PvP is. Barcodegod is 100% right, y'all are really ignorant for not looking at the larger picture and knowing your place and considering all the variables. You revere the sorc with 230+AP, not realizing how autistic a majority of them are, furthermore not really understanding that you make it easy for a mediocore, over geared sorc to kill you when you pretend like he/she doesnt exist, ya know until you get sorc balled cause you werent paying attention.

Sorcs are part of the front line in most comps for christs sakes, they are right in front of you, grab the -----ers like shit, whats so hard about designating cc to them, I dont get it. Sorcs dont have massive amount of super armor, they cannot simultaneously i-frame and attack, their windows of weakness is fairly obvious to exploit when they are in scythe form. Hell keep a witch next to you spamming their awakened lighting abilities, see how many sorcs get blown the fk up because they cant deal with the super armor/block/cc and raw damage. What more do you need a sorc to do, for it to tell you "hey hit me already, im vulnerable 70% of the time!" You do it all the time in 1v1s shit, its not different in a gvg, pay attention, they are really not that hard to see coming, Get one shot by judgment, dodge it next time, like honestly sorc brings nothing "unique" to a GvG, they are always in danger, super vulnerable and its just straight up mid range AoE burst. Burst that leaves them stationary, unprotected more often than not, and thats an unavoidable fact, there no animaiton canceling aroudn it, they will sit still for certin abilities. Dont roll to a sorc, you're gonna realize really quick that

A. Every class in the game is annoying because they have tons of -----ing Super armor/cc to stuff a majority of your engages

B. Block classes are even more cancer than you initially thought

C. Your awakening honestly only improved your Grinding ability. As far as PvP goes it didnt improve anything mechanically speaking. Its clunkier, you have less i-frames and it's only valuable due to the insane damage multipliers EVERYONE has on their awakening. Everyone does dmg now, play your class more efficiently.

I dont play ranger, im not gonna pretend like I do, but it does get on my nerves as a sorc coming to the realization that you work harder than almost every other class not named ninja/kuno to get your kills. You have to use every ability, in every conceivable way differently against every class just to make sure you dont screw up. Its fun, it can get kills and with alot of AP violation+judgement makes sorc look brain dead, but what class doesnt look brain dead with absurd AP? Just  a class with a bunch of flashy abilities, none of which are outstanding or excel at anything in particular. Hell more than half of them get you cced if you try them at the wrong time. Drop the damage debate, its insignificant in the grand scheme of things, at the end of the day you got cced (probably by someone else) and killed by the sorc. Get more cc's. Stay ranger, destroy your objectives, blow up anyone who steps in your face and for the love of god, just CC the Sorc. Pretend like this is league or something, you gonna let the assassin shit on your ADC for free?

TL: DR- Dont reroll Ranger for sorc, you're just gonna find yourself working harder for the simple shit and over what a black hole thats easy as fk to dodge? Just designate someone to cc them. Sorcs can't deal with layered Ccs/super armors.  

Edited by Nexius
2 people like this

Posted

i ve 202 ap and do great on siege / grinding / 1v1 , the problem is not the ranger but  you

1 person likes this

Posted

sure dysnc's mess it up, but it mess's it up for any class, of course a Sorc can abuse it better however, I just consider it weak mentality, if im having a bad day I will be forced into Melle mode, No problem, can still get the work done, got a day where I can spam DC and Shotgun? Well damn thats the enemies fault, il take it, Don't feel like being in the front end, il just go def, Ranger has tons and tons of roles it can use in Siege War, it may not be the best at anything at the moment, but it is certainly a Jack of all trades.

Posted

had awakenings been out at launch i wouldve played another class but like others i heard many good things about rangers and now the time committed is too much to justify switching

3 people like this

Posted

Every class on this forum wants to be the other its hilarious. Anyway regarding the whole "black hole is OP" belief. Um Im not sure where the appeal is honestly. I guess people just want to press one button, see the kill feed with their name and feel good about themselves. But like... if you die to black hole... its probably due to:

A. So much lag that your inputs are too slow to cause movement

B. You fell asleep at keyboard.

In coming rant:

Hidden Content

TL: DR- Dont reroll Ranger for sorc, you're just gonna find yourself working harder for the simple shit and over what a black hole thats easy as fk to dodge? Just designate someone to cc them. Sorcs can't deal with layered Ccs/super armors.  

yup it's funny to see how other strong classes in siege war are so tunnel vision on seeing other classes preforming well that they don't see their own class being viable anymore. Saying ranger isn't viable in siege... Idk what to say anymore...... GITGUD? 

its not like we're talking about ninja in siege war...

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0