• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Top Tier Rangers Changing Classes?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

tried to reroll sorc for the sake of having that sweet ass black hole

was back on my ranger within 2 days

Black holes are so easy to dodge and get out of as a ranger its ridiculous, i hear horror stories of every class unable to get out of a black hole when all a ranger has to do is EES in the opposite direction and not use the umbrella, the iframe gets you out of the vacuum.

Would agree with the comment above mine, don't tunnel vision on other classes doing good, just improve on what your class is already good at.

1 person likes this

Posted

poor rangers -_- , qq

Posted (edited)

As a top ranger rolling sorc... I can say 

The class is just not that effective in siege wars which is the only content that really matters to me these days. I do not enjoy playing it and wish I played a much more impactful class like warrior, sorceress or berserker. It's pretty rough rerolling from a 61 ranger so think about what you want to do because at some point down the line, your decisions might come back to bite you in the ass.

Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs. Rangers are extremely good at 1v1, but not as good as berserkers. Rangers don't really have much to do in anything more than like 5v5 combat. They are heavily CD reliant and hit and run, as well as being extremely fragile. I have 224 AP and it's no where near enough to be effective. You really need maximum top gear to have fun in my opinion, and for that you need to be extremely RNG carried with your enchants.

I just want my 6sec EES and/or TA:PW combo back. Not fun having yolo in and hoping the one grab I got doesn't dsync, miss, or get resisted because I have nothing to help me survive if it does

Edited by Rilok

Posted

Ranger is good as it is, I wont reroll never another class, it has everything and does decently on everything, other classes are superior in some aspects but then lack a lot in others, example, ranger has good mobilty, not as good as bladers, or ranger has some blocks but not as good as other clases.

I would only suggest some changes to make the class more ranged plpthanay than playing some kind of blader with ranged attacks

Posted

Ranger is good as it is, I wont reroll never another class, it has everything and does decently on everything, other classes are superior in some aspects but then lack a lot in others, example, ranger has good mobilty, not as good as bladers, or ranger has some blocks but not as good as other clases.

I would only suggest some changes to make the class more ranged plpthanay than playing some kind of blader with ranged attacks

what skill give the ranger block?

Posted

U can block just by switching with C to your awakening weapon useful to block ranged skills

Posted

I don't think many of you get the idea of ranger in siege war. All they do is shotgun and descendant arrow. They are one of the most safest classes because they are ranged. You rarely use awakening in siege war. Rangers are one of the most important classes in a siege war

Compare a guild with 20 rangers descending current a base vs a guild 2 rangers. When a guild is turtle, and many rangers rain arrow the base, they must push out because even with 5 rangers (I can even put up a video of it...), the descending current negates current health pots.. Thats not even the point, any class that is full ap/hybrid is unsafe to attack most buildings in a siege war compared to ranger. When many rangers rain arrow, it is pretty scary...

Not only that, rangers usually get the top kills in a siege

"Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs"

This is incorrect

Tell me a class that is able to clear the whole jungle at pirates solo (With mobs not respawning fast enough) with only 200 awakening ap. I don't think sorc is able to do that.

Majority of the players who are rangers that are re rolling because they think rangers are bad, just sucks at ranger.. And yes ranger does take some skill to play...

Heres demonstration for those who don't know how to play ranger in siege wars... User is rosar offhand (he is not in the video) full tet average ranger gs in kr. And notice the other rangers in the video of what they are doing...

You post a video to support your thesis that all rangers (or mostly what Rangers should do) in siege is descending current & shotgun. Except, the player in the video is only really heavily using the bow in the early parts of the video. The part of the video where they are attacking a nearly undefended base. The defending players are being readily zerged down by groups of 3-5 attackers on 1 defender. The second half of the video when the fights aren't so lopsided the player in the video uses their sword, granted with the piercing wind flow mixed in, but they usually immediately transition right back to the sword to finish kills that aren't confirmed with the piercing wind.

The reality is with Wizard/Witch awakening many of their skills can cast through the walls of a base to kill structures/players on the inside, they are just as good, if not better than Rangers groups using Descending Current in this role. As others have pointed out as well, once death timers get to even a moderate duration, any class can be used to kill bases in short order.

Posted

my lvl 60 ranger gonna be an alts for world boss when DE come out, she's beauty and her skill already look so cool

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just made a post addressing issues rangers http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125006-state-of-ranger-opinion/&do=findComment&comment=1745071

You don't have to read it, but rangers have problems (aside from our amazing damage). The crappy bandaid PA gave us is finally revealed and top rangers are moving on to a better class. 

Edited by DSdavidDS

Posted

Descending current is a nice meme.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

60 ranger 227ap. ranger is good when you're first to attack in 1v1, but that's where it ends. i get completely destroyed by everyone i can't one-combo or those that attack me first. sieges is even worse, same with rbf. the second you get near the zergfest you get completely destroyed within half a second. it's getting so annoying that i'm rerolling to warrior most likely.

Edited by My name is Chef

Posted

60 ranger 227ap. ranger is good when you're first to attack in 1v1, but that's where it ends. i get completely destroyed by everyone i can't one-combo or those that attack me first. sieges is even worse, same with rbf. the second you get near the zergfest you get completely destroyed within half a second. it's getting so annoying that i'm rerolling to warrior most likely.

U are not efficient

Posted

U are not efficient

you definitely never played a ranger. After ur whole combo if the enemy didnt die, you will die. 

Posted

you definitely never played a ranger. After ur whole combo if the enemy didnt die, you will die. 

You are doing something terribly wrong if an enemy doesn't die after your full combo. 

Posted

You are doing something terribly wrong if an enemy doesn't die after your full combo. 

yea the thing im doingwrong is not having 220+ ap.

Posted

You're a funny guy for thinking you need 220+ AP to be able to kill people as a ranger. 

Posted

You're a funny guy for thinking you need 220+ AP to be able to kill people as a ranger. 

Maybe if the person you are killing is not geared but then again if you have actually done nodewars/siges at any real lvl you are going to see quickly how having 200ap as a ranger puts you on the bottom tier in terms of what you can actually do having 220+ should be minimum as ranger in a serious pvp guild if you want to have any impact.

So ye you are right if all you want to do is wail on noobs and consider that "pvp".

Posted (edited)

Level 59 and 200ap is the minimum if you are trying to be in competitive pvp. Can you get the job done with only 200ap ? Of course. However, instead of taking an entire rotation to kill someone, you might only need half a rotation with 220+ ap. That's important because you can't animation cancel awakened abilities which means at 200ap and lower you have a small window to get in, get a full rotation off for the kill, then gtfo. and Just my two cents anyway..

Edited by Rilok

Posted

just going to throw it out there, if you cant one shot people with 220ap with sword then it's you not the class

Posted

just going to throw it out there, if you cant one shot people with 220ap with sword then it's you not the class

well you can One shot people, But try This with 70 enemy's around you. They won't wait, till you are done with your rotation and probably will kill you before you kill your target. I won't even go in anymore on the zerg. I use descending current and shotguns or just go for a group outside of the zerg. You will probably use regeneration and natures tremble and your burst is gone. But I still think ranger is still fine. Pls reroll all to sorc, warrior and witch/wizard and I will still enjoy the ranger gameplay a lot. Btw a 243 ap ranger spamming descending current is devastating. 2 dc are enough to penetrate the block of an 300 dp warrior and even dmg him. Imagine 10 rangers doing that 😁

Posted

well you can One shot people, But try This with 70 enemy's around you. They won't wait, till you are done with your rotation and probably will kill you before you kill your target. I won't even go in anymore on the zerg. I use descending current and shotguns or just go for a group outside of the zerg. You will probably use regeneration and natures tremble and your burst is gone. But I still think ranger is still fine. Pls reroll all to sorc, warrior and witch/wizard and I will still enjoy the ranger gameplay a lot. Btw a 243 ap ranger spamming descending current is devastating. 2 dc are enough to penetrate the block of an 300 dp warrior and even dmg him. Imagine 10 rangers doing that 😁

Well, no ones going to survive running into a pack of 5+ players, just the cc spam alone will get you wrecked. And it's only going to continue to get worse as more and more people get higher AP. Personally, I still manage to dive into enemy back lines via flanking/cfts and pick off quite a few people, but then again...

#FrontLineRanger4Life

#DiveBoys

Posted

if theres 70 enemies around you, you utilise your super armours+blocks and desync out of your mind with dash and pick small groups off with rushing wind, elven rage, regeneration and natures tremble

Posted (edited)

The amount of AP at 60 lvl that you need to one-combo an opponent with full TRI (+10 evasion in helmet, rest default) (combo: Breezy Blade/W+F>Rushing Wind>grab>Nature's Tremble+Q/Shift+RMB with flows) is staggering... 160. When doing Breezy+grab+Nature's Tremble+ (W+F) into shotguns (only until he gets up) it was, wait for it... ~145. Don't even get me started on the combo that begins with Regeneration, because my mate could probably do it in under 140 in half the time. With evasion offhand it would be different, but against non-shield classes (test was against 59 Wizard and 60 Musa at the end of November) that's it. Obviously, he had Red Corals for consistency. What made us do this test was him testing evasion DP build. Started out as a joke when he could still instadelete us in evasion offhand (202 AP). Crescents and Witches changed to Red Corals for DP+accuracy, still the same, he was at ~185 AP then. Took off his Ogre. ~160. That was when he started leaving us with a sliver of HP.

As I said, sure, if Wizard equipped his full DR build and I equipped my evasion build he would just barely delete us with his full AP but saying you need 220 AP to delete someone in one combo? You are freaking delusional. All those evasion builds that people do are solely because of this shitty ranger. Well, that and sieges.

The only thing koreans complain about is Ranger and Sorc's damage and Zerker's grab chain (but those are not the problem for 250+ AP people, as their HP pool and heals are not as bad, so it's not even close to "devs you are -----ing idiots do something about ranger's damage
). You are delusional if you think that's all it takes to make all KRs united in calling bullshit on Ranger's damage ability. When a class can do that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2O8eZRDmb0&t=70s

...to a DP build with 3,3k hp, there's something wrong. Especially when Musa (that should be assassin/burst class) can't even take 70% of ranger's HP with full combo. If someone has any doubt about Ranger's DPS he can just watch that video. Guy has 343 DP and 3,3k hp on level 61. If we compared it to an average 59, 283 DP (with Kutum or TET, doesn't matter) 2,9k hp siege player, he's twice as tanky.

2:24 is also funny. Shows why AoE grab is so pathetic. inb4 AoE grab? Go grab some mob. Everything around him also is thrown to the ground. No other class has it.

ALL OF THAT WHILE HAVING RANGED ATTACKS TOO, WHILE PURE MELEE CLASSES THAT CAN'T DO SHIT RANGED CAN'T DO EVEN HALF ITS DAMAGE AND HAVE NO GRAB HAHAHA xD And 4 frontal guards on ALL attack skills, while Musa that has no grab, 1/3 of the damage, is pure melee has... one.

PS. Do you see that Ranger using Nature's Tremble? Yeah, hardly ever. He doesn't need to, because his damage is so pathetic he can end someone during one CC with just W+F/Breezy Blade spam.

PS2. Other classes have this problem with combos. The same effects don't stack. Stun+Stun won't work. But hey, they gave Ranger that has all the things listed above chainable Knockdown on Regeneration, that also had Down Smash! So if he gets up he's on the ground again and if he is on the ground he gets CC reset and it's even longer on the ground. You know, BALANCE. xD

PS3. Don't worry, Rangers also have self-heal with Stiffness and Knockback (so that the whole shitty Cold Blade is a complete CC chain, we wouldn't want someone to actually NOT let Ranger heal those staggering 100 hp, right?)

PS4. And they can kill anything in PvE just by spamming A/D+LMB for PvE iframe. Yeah, freaking iframe, because, just like with W+F/S+F this whole broken shit doesn't exist on the map while doing it. Target disappears, it's quite literally teleportation. In PvE you might as well don't exist there.

Edited by Duniak

Posted

lmao that guy has extreme low skill cap. i watched some of his videos before and laugh. someone need to tell him to stop making embarrassing videos of himself and go watch some streams made by a guy call feedz.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm never rerolling.

then again, I'm not a top ranger and I life skill so my class doesn't matter anyways

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0