• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Top Tier Rangers Changing Classes?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

For the rangers complaining about getting 1 shot, git gut or git kutum. Ofc it wont change much vs people running around with 230+ AP. However not everyone has that AP ^^

Its really fun when u fight someone with 200-220 AP, they throw their combo and u just stand up and grab their ass and blow them up.

But yeah nouver > kutum. Ughum. Ofcourse I would recommend nouver if ur a godlike ranger able to dodge all cc/damage.

If not? Get used to it, the endgame in this game is getting 1 comboed.

Posted

You're a funny guy for thinking you need 220+ AP to be able to kill people as a ranger. 

have you ever fought a geared zerker or witch/wiz? have fun with your mediocre 220 AP man.

Posted

have you ever fought a geared zerker or witch/wiz? have fun with your mediocre 220 AP man.

So where is your mediocre 220 ap? Can't believe that u have that much ap when u talk like that.

Posted

The amount of AP at 60 lvl that you need to one-combo an opponent with full TRI (+10 evasion in helmet, rest default) (combo: Breezy Blade/W+F>Rushing Wind>grab>Nature's Tremble+Q/Shift+RMB with flows) is staggering... 160. When doing Breezy+grab+Nature's Tremble+ (W+F) into shotguns (only until he gets up) it was, wait for it... ~145. Don't even get me started on the combo that begins with Regeneration, because my mate could probably do it in under 140 in half the time. With evasion offhand it would be different, but against non-shield classes (test was against 59 Wizard and 60 Musa at the end of November) that's it. Obviously, he had Red Corals for consistency. What made us do this test was him testing evasion DP build. Started out as a joke when he could still instadelete us in evasion offhand (202 AP). Crescents and Witches changed to Red Corals for DP+accuracy, still the same, he was at ~185 AP then. Took off his Ogre. ~160. That was when he started leaving us with a sliver of HP.
As I said, sure, if Wizard equipped his full DR build and I equipped my evasion build he would just barely delete us with his full AP but saying you need 220 AP to delete someone in one combo? You are freaking delusional. All those evasion builds that people do are solely because of this shitty ranger. Well, that and sieges.

The only thing koreans complain about is Ranger and Sorc's damage and Zerker's grab chain (but those are not the problem for 250+ AP people, as their HP pool and heals are not as bad, so it's not even close to "devs you are -----ing idiots do something about ranger's damage
). You are delusional if you think that's all it takes to make all KRs united in calling bullshit on Ranger's damage ability. When a class can do that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2O8eZRDmb0&t=70s

...to a DP build with 3,3k hp, there's something wrong. Especially when Musa (that should be assassin/burst class) can't even take 70% of ranger's HP with full combo. If someone has any doubt about Ranger's DPS he can just watch that video. Guy has 343 DP and 3,3k hp on level 61. If we compared it to an average 59, 283 DP (with Kutum or TET, doesn't matter) 2,9k hp siege player, he's twice as tanky.

2:24 is also funny. Shows why AoE grab is so pathetic. inb4 AoE grab? Go grab some mob. Everything around him also is thrown to the ground. No other class has it.

ALL OF THAT WHILE HAVING RANGED ATTACKS TOO, WHILE PURE MELEE CLASSES THAT CAN'T DO SHIT RANGED CAN'T DO EVEN HALF ITS DAMAGE AND HAVE NO GRAB HAHAHA xD And 4 frontal guards on ALL attack skills, while Musa that has no grab, 1/3 of the damage, is pure melee has... one.

PS. Do you see that Ranger using Nature's Tremble? Yeah, hardly ever. He doesn't need to, because his damage is so pathetic he can end someone during one CC with just W+F/Breezy Blade spam.

PS2. Other classes have this problem with combos. The same effects don't stack. Stun+Stun won't work. But hey, they gave Ranger that has all the things listed above chainable Knockdown on Regeneration, that also had Down Smash! So if he gets up he's on the ground again and if he is on the ground he gets CC reset and it's even longer on the ground. You know, BALANCE. xD

PS3. Don't worry, Rangers also have self-heal with Stiffness and Knockback (so that the whole shitty Cold Blade is a complete CC chain, we wouldn't want someone to actually NOT let Ranger heal those staggering 100 hp, right?)

PS4. And they can kill anything in PvE just by spamming A/D+LMB for PvE iframe. Yeah, freaking iframe, because, just like with W+F/S+F this whole broken shit doesn't exist on the map while doing it. Target disappears, it's quite literally teleportation. In PvE you might as well don't exist there.

Soo how does this even matter for mass pvp ? So a ranger can kill someone in 4-5 seconds Cc combo with low ap. This doesn't help at all in a mass pvp siege pro. And who cares if the ranger has an pve iframe 😂 a witch/wizard has 30% more clearspeed in pila kun jail and is instadeleting 6-10 enemy's in 3 second rotation without any problem. While buffing your allies and supporting with heals. But you still qq about 1vs1 bullshit no one cares about ...

Posted

Basicly you are complaining you dont oneshot everyone on this game yet. 

Posted

So where is your mediocre 220 ap? Can't believe that u have that much ap when u talk like that.

it's 227 actually. well, before i sold my bow and dande to reroll from this retarded class. rerolled to warrior and already doing better at 195ap.

Basicly you are complaining you dont oneshot everyone on this game yet. 

yeah, that's correct. cause if you don't oneshot a zerker, you're completely -----ed.

Posted

it's 227 actually. well, before i sold my bow and dande to reroll from this retarded class. rerolled to warrior and already doing better at 195ap.

yeah, that's correct. cause if you don't oneshot a zerker, you're completely -----ed.

ah well, have fun one shotting zerkers on your warrior then. 

1 person likes this

Posted

ah well, have fun one shotting zerkers on your warrior then. 

you dont need to with a warrior 

Posted (edited)

The grass always seems greener on the other side.

That only class that i would say has it Slightly better than you are warriors. Only SLIGHTLY. You don't know what you have until you lose it. For all you rerolling to sorc i wish you would keep making posts about your experience.  The tools you kit provides you is far beyond another class. You undermine the offensive and defensive capabilities of your class.

You don't have it bad in siege war, you want what you don't have. Which is the ability to tank like a warrior. Ranger has a very important role in wars. You don't like your role in siege wars. Having a decent amount of rangers is crucial for siege wars. barcode doesn't lose because they have a lot of rangers. They lose because they don't know how to fight competent guilds. It is very hard to close a siege war vs a decent guild with out the use of descending current. If you truly believe ranger is a weak class the problem is not the class. Its your mentality or (id hate to say it) skill.

Edited by foyen4
2 people like this

Posted

As a top ranger rolling sorc... I can say 

The class is just not that effective in siege wars which is the only content that really matters to me these days. I do not enjoy playing it and wish I played a much more impactful class like warrior, sorceress or berserker. It's pretty rough rerolling from a 61 ranger so think about what you want to do because at some point down the line, your decisions might come back to bite you in the ass.

Rangers farm extremely fast, but not as fast as sorcs. Rangers are extremely good at 1v1, but not as good as berserkers. Rangers don't really have much to do in anything more than like 5v5 combat. They are heavily CD reliant and hit and run, as well as being extremely fragile. I have 224 AP and it's no where near enough to be effective. You really need maximum top gear to have fun in my opinion, and for that you need to be extremely RNG carried with your enchants.

maybe player auction 240 ap ranger?

2 people like this

Posted

maybe player auction 240 ap ranger?

isnt it cheaper to lvl wizard? u have to buy only main weapon and balls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

isnt it cheaper to lvl wizard? u have to buy only main weapon and balls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cost n time of level wiz to 60 takes months

Posted

cost n time of level wiz to 60 takes months

well you have to do smth in-game

Posted

well you have to do smth in-game

how can you level if you are busy lifeskilling

Posted

lifeskilling

this is for afk-time

Posted

That only class that i would say has it Slightly better than you are warriors. Only SLIGHTLY. You don't know what you have until you lose it. For all you rerolling to sorc i wish you would keep making posts about your experience.  The tools you kit provides you is far beyond another class. You undermine the offensive and defensive capabilities of your class.

You don't have it bad in siege war, you want what you don't have. Which is the ability to tank like a warrior. Ranger has a very important role in wars. You don't like your role in siege wars. Having a decent amount of rangers is crucial for siege wars. barcode doesn't lose because they have a lot of rangers. They lose because they don't know how to fight competent guilds. It is very hard to close a siege war vs a decent guild with out the use of descending current. If you truly believe ranger is a weak class the problem is not the class. Its your mentality or (id hate to say it) skill.

can't tell if srs or playing some outdated version.

Ranger is not weak though, I'll agree. Just pointless.

Posted

ITT: we roleplay pre-valencia

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0