• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Emergency Maintenance December 22nd

140 posts in this topic

Posted

How do bugs like this even get past testing? I mean honestly, you'd think those bugs would be plain as day to spot...

As I've said many times before, BDO team... consistently incompetent !

:(

1 person likes this

Posted

How do bugs like this even get past testing? I mean honestly, you'd think those bugs would be plain as day to spot...

just if the game could be wrote 100% in English b4 translating it not in Romaji Korean scripting or something like that then all elements could be same

Pre-testings are on korea so far i know, so they give the "ready" product for EU/NA but some skills, things, and namings stays in Romaji Korean so sysem doesnt search for it or search for it but its in english already. something like that. once the names are same the link is connected if not then there is bug, searching tons of pages try to find one. Especially when even korean version is not  bug-free game yet. they rush things to deliver us the quality of the game wouthout much delay and differnces between eu/na and Kor versions. 3 hours are at least too low for hotfix, well maybe they found the isue b4 maintance

Posted (edited)

That's why you have QA team, test servers and stuff so you actually find the solution before turning the whole live thing down? But on the other hand if there was QA we wouldn't have this issue. Nevermind keep scrolling down..

Mmorpg games are quite big concept to handle with a small team. And even much simpler games that i have played from larger companies has had many game breaking bugs on the patch launches. For example in csgo one pistol (Tec-9) was equivalent to a rifle and it took quite a while them to fix it. What i'm trying to say is that the amount of testing in game industry is bit larger scale problem than this and you are right but every company should also do the same. Will it happen? Nope. :) AAAND i've been enjoying so many hours already in this game, can't complain!

Edited by Zihu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think that problem is that kakao don't do any testing. As the publisher they just distribute the code package they are give by pearl which is supposed to have been properly customised according to any differences required by EU/NA. while the original new features were tested and working on the complete package intended for KR, somehow when the 'tweaked' package arrived at kakao stuff got left out. What kakao really need to is invest in their own testing i.e. their own test server.

Edited by Belteyn

Posted

btw game is up again ;)

Posted

Well if it's any other class we can't even get an answer when and if our skills are bugged. When it comes to witch/wizards, however, you make 'EMERGENCY' update the next day? Is it fair? 

#While you at it can you add new costumes?

2 people like this

Posted

You really dont know the process to release software, 3 hours is probably very short time. I can only imagine how hard it must be for them to test these fixes in such a short period of time.

Be grateful the fixes came 24 hours later :) Thank you bdo

You really don't know how BDO gets a software release every week, and that 99/100 have already been launched on Korea and Russia servers. On top of that the maintenance takes +/- 6 - 8 hours every week. In other words: even low content and minor fixes take them 6 - 8 hours at least. I understand that big packages like a new boss *cough* Nouver *cough* or awakenings take a while but minor fixes? no. Top of that, they have the SAME errors that occured on Korea and Russia. And thats why I hate these stupid maintenances. They don't learn from their mistakes.

Posted

damn....now they really should compensate us....patch is on time and hotfix only takes half the time....1.5 hrs of forum salt isnt enough....COMPENSATE

Posted

because twitter is a known source for fake accounts and fake shit you can't even sort out in time by suing the shit out of it .... it's not official only informational....

is there a proof that the account belongs to the company, no, no proof at all ... it's a fast way to reach people but only announcements made on provable sources are considered valid, not on twitter nor any other 3rd party site everyone can talk shit there all day long ;)

So the twitter account just linked above you which is 100% verified is still fake?

Wonder how they are replying with information and support information on that twitter account while it being so fake! The same twitter account is even listing maintenance information before it's available on the website and forum.

Denial much eh?

Posted

because twitter is a known source for fake accounts and fake shit you can't even sort out in time by suing the shit out of it .... it's not official only informational....

is there a proof that the account belongs to the company, no, no proof at all ... it's a fast way to reach people but only announcements made on provable sources are considered valid, not on twitter nor any other 3rd party site everyone can talk shit there all day long ;)

You are right that there can be fake twitters and the official BDO isnt verified, so a good question. Though it is the official. They have their twitter link on the frontpage. Here is your proof :)

47b8c2cb427741b09bb3169068f153f7.png

1 person likes this

Posted

You are right that there can be fake twitters and the official BDO isnt verified, so a good question. Though it is the official. They have their twitter link on the frontpage. Here is your proof :)

47b8c2cb427741b09bb3169068f153f7.png

Hahaha. I was about to take the same pic.

People "who knows how internet works" rKYbdWZ.jpg 

2 people like this

Posted

rKYbdWZ.jpg 

hahahahahahhahaaa made my day. thank you :)

1 person likes this

Posted

As I've said many times before, BDO team... consistently incompetent !

:(

You guys have no clue what incompetent is. Obviously you never played Archeage.

The team at Trion and XL is incompetent.

I am not saying that these guys are perfect, but you should really try to show some appreciation and stop -----ing whining all the time.

1 person likes this

Posted

So fast quickly..

Posted

Nouver gonna give up :x Give us nouver.

1 person likes this

Posted

stupid wizard witch players QQ so hard have to take away the game from the rest of us.... couldn't just wait til next week..

oh what was that? warriors bugs never got fixed? orly?

Posted

@CM_Praballo - there is an issue with the super armor - it is not actually acting as a super armor please test.

Posted

You really dont know the process to release software, 3 hours is probably very short time. I can only imagine how hard it must be for them to test these fixes in such a short period of time.

Be grateful the fixes came 24 hours later :) Thank you bdo

You don't -----ing test shit like this on live servers, you make the fix on test servers and deploy.

3 hours is ages for something that changes 3 files at most.

Posted

Thank you for the fix!

Posted

sweeeet

Posted (edited)

WTF Stop Crying Always about uhhh Missing Nouver... kids..

how is he crying? hes asking a reasonable question plus if he paid for the game he can complain,ask questions, whatever he wants.

also if they promised something they should deliver on it or tell us why they can't. why are you defending this company?

ps. i have no idea what a nouver is  or what hes talking about but it seems they havent been keeping their promises on other stuff so im just gonna trust this guy.

Edited by TobixTabby
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the FIX, hopefully the major issues are solved, surely there might still be others but those were critical. It was done in a timely manner.

@CM_Praballo

Still Kakao needs to consider to improve their QA process, this was easy to detect and avoid... release and relax please.

For those who complain about 3 hours, please remember that the login server needs to be shutdown, all 2x36 instances and then there is likely a before patch backup, after that the patches are applied and then restart. All this steps do take their time, have some respect since they are doing their job as possible.

Of course, that deploy mechanics isn't great but it seems alot of this is hard coded in the server application code that doesn't support reloads.

Finally I hope to return to my lurking, keep improving and let the OATS flame on.

Best regards

Posted (edited)

You guys have no clue what incompetent is. Obviously you never played Archeage.

The team at Trion and XL is incompetent.

I am not saying that these guys are perfect, but you should really try to show some appreciation and stop -----ing whining all the time.

All these people can complain they're supporting the company 

ps. if you reply please dont yell at me i cry easily 

Edited by TobixTabby

Posted

Second server + forum crash in like 2 hours.. idk what you guys did to the new router?

Posted

Just curious, but why are Server Maintenances always during the day in European Time? Cant they be done when its Night in Europe? Let them Americans enjoy some Maintenance during the day too :/

If I had to guess its because the office hours over at Kakao is a 9-5 thing EU time which just happens to be during the day over in the EU sooo you get maint during working hours.