• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Am i stupid to lvl and gear alts?

Am i   101 votes

1. 1. stu?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I have decent gear on my valk main which I share with my witch.
already have everything tri/tet on valk except for accessories but I just started on the road to Tri dandy spheres for my witch aswell.
Am I bad?

Tl:dr
1 class only or many class

Posted

It may be slow-going, but it's doable.

Though more than 1 other may not be a great idea until one of the original 2 are done.

This is just my take though..

If you can afford it, why not.

Posted

stay valk or go home

Posted

Seeking validation is. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not unless you:

1. Can grind super efficiently and your main is already super geared.

2. Can swipe $100 per week.

3. Or both.

Posted (edited)

Not unless you:

1. Can grind super efficiently and your main is already super geared.

2. Can swipe $100 per week.

3. Or both.

You don't need to swipe 100$ per week for any class. I'm in a region owning guild with above 490 GS and I haven't spent money in 2months. I have 2 58 alts as-well. 

Level to M2 trade and watch as you make over 100m/day effectively doing nothing. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Are you stupid to stick your neck out in front of this crowd? :D

(Whatever you do that's fun is not stupid, IMO.)

1 person likes this

Posted

wheres the idc option or no one cares one :/

Posted

You don't need to swipe 100$ per week for any class. I'm in a region owning guild with above 490 GS and I haven't spent money in 2months. I have 2 58 alts as-well. 

Level to M2 trade and watch as you make over 100m/day effectively doing nothing. 

I agree with you. This game is mainly grind to win, but paying real money also helps you progress. Thus, grinding plus paying progresses you faster than just by grinding. 

let g = progress from grinding per week and p = progress from paying $100 per week.

Assume you are a quite efficient grinder, therefore g > p.

Thus, in one week,

g + p > g.

In n week, n > 0, n-> positive infinity,

n(g + p) > ng.

The difference is np.

1 person likes this

Posted

While I agree with statement your arguments of "I'm in a region owning guild" "I have 2x58alts" and "M2 trade makes me 100m/day doing nothing" are just stupid xD 

Posted

While I agree with statement your arguments of "I'm in a region owning guild" "I have 2x58alts" and "M2 trade makes me 100m/day doing nothing" are just stupid xD 

Well I mean all 3 of them are true :D, you make over 100m/day with M2 trade as-long as you are constantly crafting crates xD 

Posted

There are lots of benefits to having alts. You get experience with  multiple classes which is useful for when PvP occurs against those classes, as well as the convenience of being able to farm in locations like Pirates and Valencia while still having a character at Heidel for when world/field bosses spawn. If everything is decently geared on your Valk I dont see any bad in investing in a witch as she is quite strong.

Posted

Well I mean all 3 of them are true :D, you make over 100m/day with M2 trade as-long as you are constantly crafting crates xD 

what kind of crates would be most efficient? 

Posted

what kind of crates would be most efficient? 

Brass ingot crates, Calpheon timber crates for example. you need M2 trade to make big profits with it though

Posted

Atleast that one has something to do with what you answered too, you being in guild having territory and having 2x58 alts is no argument :D

Posted

I agree with you. This game is mainly grind to win, but paying real money also helps you progress. Thus, grinding plus paying progresses you faster than just by grinding. 

let g = progress from grinding per week and p = progress from paying $100 per week.

Thus, in one week,

g + p > g.

n(g + p) > ng.

The difference is np.

Don't listen to this guy. 

Do whatever is fun to you. Who cares if you are efficient. Just don't expect to be top PvP god. 

Posted

Brass ingot crates, Calpheon timber crates for example. you need M2 trade to make big profits with it though

mmm yeah the master 2 part i know thanks. I got screwed with ninja patch and lost 15k crates. So now since its based on distancr im making another 25k iron ore in calph and going to arehaza for my master 2.

once i get master 2 i was going to start getting all the calph timber crate wood nodes. Was just wondering how fast they work. And if ill need to life skill as well while balancing out grind.

Posted

Thus, in one week,

g + p > g.

n(g + p) > ng.

The difference is np.

Nice calculations, but they can be cut down to this:

5 Pearl items sold each week = 120million more money every week.

It just has one big downsight. It costs real money. (100+ every week)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just do whatever you want. Have fun with the game. I myself started changing characters after I got my Tamer awakening. I started playing Kuno (really handy cause I can use my tamers mainhand). Than I continued playing my old Valk (case she has the Kibelius set A [bought when it first came out. Iam special look at me] and is a real Valkyire). After I got her up to a decent level, I started playing Warrior (And once again I can transfer my mainhand). Iam no where near competitive PvP btw.

Posted

level alts to place at world bosses to make good profit. Isn't stupid, smart people don't take their main to kutum.

Posted

If you are a girl you are cute, otherwise you are dumb, a little....just like me :D

Posted

Thus, in one week,

g + p > g.

n(g + p) > ng.

The difference is np.

were you trying to sound smart or something? That has to be the most ridiculous and obvious equation I have ever seen.... When you say "paying also helps with grinding", it's already implied that grinding....PLUS... paying.... Is more.... Wait for it, this is complicated.... THAN JUST GRINDING ITSELF!!! Who woulda known without that equation

Posted

I have 3 full TRI alts (not boss armor, boss is on main). Personally I like it a lot. Not so much about bosses (these can be done with much lower gear), but more about changing grinding style and alleviate part of the total boredom that mob grinding is. But most important thing of all is that u can make the most money in the game with properly equipped alts, if you know what to do. In the end, it is both more fun and more profitable. The drawback is that you devote part of your time and resources to chars other than your main, so your main char gets somewhat less progression. For me, it is totally worth it, for others, it could be a waste of time. Whatever floats one's boat I guess.

Posted

Basically every piece of gear u get for alts you are 1 step further from an upgrade on your main. 

If u are ok with it then have fun on alts. :)

Posted

Level a boss alt, i.e a high level toon parked in heidel for usage when the world bosses spawn.

Posted

were you trying to sound smart or something? That has to be the most ridiculous and obvious equation I have ever seen.... When you say "paying also helps with grinding", it's already implied that grinding....PLUS... paying.... Is more.... Wait for it, this is complicated.... THAN JUST GRINDING ITSELF!!! Who woulda known without that equation

Wait til you see how people respond with "Grinding is more efficient than paying", which is true, but they couldn't see the best players pay AND grind, which is the most efficient.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0