• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Known issues with Tamer class

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lets start a single thread which contains all known bugs/issues with Tamers. Witch/Wiz got an instant fix to the issues with their Awakening release yet some of the most serious Tamer bugs have gone ignored for months and months.

Post your bugs below, with video/gifs showing them, and I'll update the OP with an index of them.

The ones I am aware of are:

1. Grabbing a blocked opponent using Soaring Kick results in zero damage when they are downed and you are hitting them with down attack skills.

Example here: https://streamable.com/a78z

Thanks to @Danjiano

--------------------------------------------

2. Grabbing an opponent using Soaring Kick often results in them doing a weird slide then launch animation before teleporting to the side (not always the same side). An example here:

Thanks to @Romanx for the vid.

3. A stealth nerf to the crit chance on All-Round Spinner. This is significant because we're a class that relies on crit chance success for bursts. As far as I'm aware, no other class has had their ult crit chance nerfed this way.

4. At the same time as our All-Round Spinner skill got a stealth nerf, it appears many of our awakening skills got a reduction in damage percentage. Consensus is that this happened in the 16th Nov maintenance/patch but there are no patch notes mentioning them.

5. Summon Heilang XI can cause Heilang to desummon in shallow water. Downgrading to Heilang X reduces this problem significantly. I will try to get video evidence of this.

6. Tamers take approx. 30% additional damage from magic attacks.

FIXED. An ongoing issue with Heilang's surging tide CC not being applied to target, but to a random monster/character/empty spot somewhere around. Sometimes Heilang even ignores it completely. Skill was broken months ago, never got fixed.

This has been fixed as of the 5th april 2017 patch:

8. Heilang: Berserk makes Heilang immortal for a min. However, Heilang is already nearly immortal to players for all intents and purposes which makes it kinda useless. Maybe give Heilang a different buff instead such as greater speed/wider range to his cc's.

9. Heilang: Howling is used to draw mobs and damage them but as soon as you use an Awakening skill he stops. Pretty useless so maybe it'd be better to prevent Awakening skills from cancelling Heilang: howling.

10. Various issues with iframes/superarmour not existing for the full length of the skill/move. Not sure if this is by design or bug.

11. Issues with returning to a standing position after knockdown and your weapons are drawn OR you're stuck being unable to escape until the cooldown of YOUR last performed skill passes.

12. Awakening block (Q in awakening stance) gives a DP buff but you need to hold it for approx 1-2s for the buff to appear. Most classes don't need to hold it. Please align us with that.

@GM_Dew @GM_Rhotaaz @GM_Gemu @GM_Salome @GM_Caramel @GM_Axion

Please at least acknowledge these issues - individually they are problematic but as a whole they mean Tamers are inadequate (unless you have reached 59/60/61 and have exceptional gear) for endgame content. They are now extremely obvious now that Awakenings for all classes have been released and our roles have been bettered by other classes.

We have even seen examples of Tamers being purged from some guilds because they are not optimal for node/siege wars.

Edited by WastedJoker
Added new bugs
32 people like this

Posted

The critical hit nerf was applied on November 16th, there was no mention of it in patch notes.

We should also add the bug where bound makes it so we can't hit monsters, happens the most in crescent shrine. Monsters become completely un-hittable. It's not a desync issue whatsoever because it can be replicated very easily. Mostly notice it in certain portions of a rotation where one pack will constantly get bugged out. 

Posted

Are you sure about the date? The Heilang buffs etc were 16th Nov and the crit chance was after that? 

Posted

Are you sure about the date? The Heilang buffs etc were 16th Nov and the crit chance was after that? 

yes, i can get a friend to post here to confirm as well because i noticed it within 24 hours of that patch.

Posted

OK, will edit the OP.

The critical hit nerf was applied on November 16th, there was no mention of it in patch notes.

We should also add the bug where bound makes it so we can't hit monsters, happens the most in crescent shrine. Monsters become completely un-hittable. It's not a desync issue whatsoever because it can be replicated very easily. Mostly notice it in certain portions of a rotation where one pack will constantly get bugged out. 

I mentioned this issue elsewhere (but in relation to an opponent who is KD) and @Geobryn replied with:

happens a lot at crescents, because if there is knockback right before knockdown the mobs there just does not update their position for some reason, if you move to location where you can hit both the position you can see and position where it is on server you can do the dmg xD

I believe this isn't a Tamer-only issue so I'll not add it to the OP.

Posted (edited)

You might also want to mention that issue with Heilang's surging tide CC not being applied to target, but to a random monster/character/empty spot somewhere around. Sometimes Heilang even ignores it completely. Skill was broken months ago, never got fixed.

Shift+E awakening buff (forgot name) makes Heilang immortal for a min. However, Heilang is already immortal to players which makes it kinda useless. 

When switching servers or restarting game, LBP may not go off cool down for quite a while making it impossible to grind/pvp as one of our major evades is missing. 

Edited by Yuleiva

Posted (edited)

When switching servers or restarting game, LBP may not go off cool down for quite a while making it impossible to grind/pvp as one of our major evades is missing. 

I have this all the time, but I don't think it's just Tamer. Hitting any mob will cause all cooldowns to work again for me. It's mostly annoying for travelling.

Edited by Danjiano
2 people like this

Posted

Response to bug report:

VxiSEsk.jpg

Posted

I don't know if those are bugs, desyncs or just "normal" :

1: The i-frame of Cloud Stomping doesn't work properly, i-frame seems to be effective a short while after activate the skill.

2: The WW i-frame doesn't work properly, i'm constantly hit, grab in mid-air or CC 

3: Sometimes when i'm KD, my char get up in a non-combat stance (without weapons)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah there is also this bug where you get up after a kd with your weapon out (passive stance) and you can't escape. Sometimes it even takes the cd of the skill you do right after getting up, without it working since youre in the wrong stance, usually cloud stomp for example.

Posted

one of the bigger issues that tamer has is that there are vulnerability frames on the iframes/superarmors so you cant reliably use them and expect them to protect you while others can. This can't be server lag since warriors can reliably do block > dash > block forever with 10 people hitting them and they won't get cced but a tamer cant do vermillion bird > pole jump cus you'll get cced inbetween , and the pole jump will go on cd , which to me suggests that theres a single non iframe on the skill cus what else can it be? 

i get constantly cced between defensive skills which doesnt seem to be an issue for other classes and my experience vs tamers /other classes supports this claim as well. Basically whenever someone meets a tamer all you do is mash buttons and you'll eventually cc it but if you meet a sorc or a warrior that can play their class, they'll never get cced unless they fail at attacking 

and then another issue is how we dont have any good flows besides sidesteps which are free for others and shouldnt be a flow at all and all the other stuff that has been said/listed on the forum.,. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Updated the OP. Be nice to get some gifs/youtubes of bugs if we can.

Posted (edited)

8. Heilang: Berserk makes Heilang immortal for a min. However, Heilang is already immortal to players which makes it kinda useless. Maybe give Heilang a different buff instead such as greater speed/wider range to his cc's.

No. Heilang is NOT immortal to players. He's simply incredibly tough. A good geared player can kill Heilang in 4~5 minutes. Just order Heilang to Stay so he doesn't move much and let your opponent go crazy on him. Also, he'll lose up to 25~50% of his health in node wars if you order him to attack a group of particularly well-geared players.

Berserk is still basically useless though. It's effectively "+15% movement speed, +30% resistance, kill heilang after a minute". The +20 DP doesn't really apply since you will likely already have this up due to your block giving +20 DP, and the two don't stack, and making Heilang immortal for a minute is pointless if he's going to survive longer than that without the immortality anyway.

1: The i-frame of Cloud Stomping doesn't work properly, i-frame seems to be effective a short while after activate the skill.

Read the description. i-frame is only for start, superarmor after. It's possible to grab someone out of super armor.

Edited by Danjiano

Posted

Read the description. i-frame is only for start, superarmor after. It's possible to grab someone out of super armor.

He means before the first hit on the ground, during early start like irrelevant said. Same apply to Allround Spinner, you can get CCed just before the first hit but still after you use the skill so it's goes on CD.

Posted (edited)

He means before the first hit on the ground, during early start like irrelevant said. Same apply to Allround Spinner, you can get CCed just before the first hit but still after you use the skill so it's goes on CD.

You're right, now I see what he means. Hard to say if that's something other than lag/desync though, as I've used it to avoid grabs before.

Edited by Danjiano

Posted (edited)

Exactly 

PS : Sorry if my quote wasn't clear enough, i'm not perfectly fine with english so it's hard to me to precisly describe my thought :)

And like i said, i dont know if this is intentionnal, due to desync or bug, i was just wanna let you know about those 

Edited by Luli

Posted

You're right, now I see what he means. Hard to say if that's something other than lag/desync though, as I've used it to avoid grabs before.

I tend to think this is intentional.  Right at the beginning of our cloud ride/stomp we can get cc'd, and I think that's not a bug.  However, it should be changed because it makes diving nearly impossible if you dislike staring at timers for a long time.

Posted

For #1 its not just when they're in a blocking stance. After finding out about this me and a friend spent 2 hours in the arena testing the grab -> echo and grab -> bolt jolt -> echo combo and he took no damage for a few seconds after being grabbed almost every single time I did the combo. I tested it with him and various others

Oh and lets not forget, the tamer is a class that rely's on its pet pre awakening but it was nurfed to the ground for pvp meanwhile witch n wizard get these OP pets that can hit for 200+ HP at a time to a player. Not to mention the tamer needs to sink skill points into the pet for it to have been any good and from what I've been told the witch n wizard don't. So why is it that the witch n wiz get special treatment with there over powered pets while the class that was designed to be a pet user gets there's nurfed so badly hes almost unusable for any type of pvp or any pve past mediah.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, bump, since some of these issues have been here since awakening for us came out

Posted

• While in the Awakened stance and using Legendary Beasts Power Skill in a quick slot, the animation for the transition to the shortsword mode has been improved.

• The Bite attack for the Heilang’s attack pattern has been changed to no longer ignore the opponent's guard status.

• The Heilang’s attack has been changed so that the attacks no longer push opponents back with the exception of successful knockbacks.

E0ncyqv.png

Posted (edited)

wastedjoker thank your for what your doing we really need a voice

Its ridiculous what they are doing to tamer and making it even more underpowered than what it was the dog didn't need a nerf at all

They gave witch/wiz a pet that does way more damage and it almost immortal. 

we are supposed to be the pet class its like the whole point of our class.

The main issue with our class its does super low damage compared to other classes and our knockdowns fail more often than not.

the grab fails like almost all the time.

Our mobility is lowered really low in awakening stance.

We should get sidesteps for free our flows like howling are weak.

we need a real block.

Our ultimate is super weak compared to all other ultimates

Our Pet does little to no damage on anything when the witch wiz one does loads of damage our pet never kills anything.

class way too complicated for doing low damage.

Edited by DarkHoliday
1 person likes this

Posted

The main issue with our class its does super low damage compared to other classes and our knockdowns fail more often than not.

LOL what knockdowns we have 1 at level 60 all the rest are bounds :'')

I love how its been over a week and NONE of the cm's have bothered to even try and put some sort of BS excuse as to why this crap hasnt all been fixed. I'm so tired of being grabbed out of my "iframes" being killed by ultis in my "iframes" having people bug out of my grab OR just straight up take no damage after being grabbed its horrid. It takes so much more effort to deal with these bugs and still be able to participate in sieges and node wars without getting face rolled every 10 seconds vs other classes which can wreck everything with one skill. Not to mention that we take 30% more magic damage for some god awful reason. It's almost as if, if they fixed the tamer we'd be somewhat viable for anything other than super buggy 1v1's :'')

Posted

Not sure if a bug, but I feel as if it is an issue:

Desummoning Heillang during our "super"buff cancels. So we can basically turn our buff off if we want to use our absorb heillang. I don't see why it works like this.

Posted

bump

Posted

I wonder how long the devs are goin to ignore these issues. Hurry up and fix us, All the other classes getting special treatment meanwhile were stuck with all these issues that you refuse to fix and make the class nearly impossible to have decent fun with in pvp for both us and the other person.