• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Confirmed, There is no such thing as a male elf PERIOD!

81 posts in this topic

Posted

What you all cant tell the difference between male and female elfs there all over the place

Posted

Lesbian elves are the best kind of elves

Posted

If i had a dollar for every time i read someone quoting this fan made trash I'd be very rich. There are no male elf npcs because PA was too lazy to make them. 

If PA could release dark elff male class, they could implement some npc as well

Posted

I can't tell if you're trying to be serious or not.

both actually. show me a male elf in the lore, in the elf populated areas, anywhere.

Posted

How do the giants reproduce ? o.O

Posted

they're obviously hermaphrodite, how's this even a surprise

Posted

because in the early lore, female were more sensitive to magic than male. Male who wanted to learn magic needed many many years to be finally be able to manipulate it, they consecrated almost all their life to reach the point that female could reach at way more young age. 

te it, they cons

that was never in the lore. That was weeb fanon from black-desert.com. stop being misinformed k thanks.

3 people like this

Posted

The dominant elf female excretes her eggs into the submissive elf females mouth.
the egg travels through the body until it reaches the ovaries.

done and done

raw

hahaha...

Posted

Same as in Lineage 2.

You could pick "male" on char creation but it only changed the clothes :|

Posted

In the Lord of the Rings (and others) lore the Dwarf females look male, right down to the beard. For the most part only other dwarves can tell at a glance what gender another dwarf is (although anyone can tell upon closer inspection). So maybe there are male elves after all? M

Posted

Dark Knight confirmed Futa

Posted

No no. 50% of elves are actually female like most races. It's just REALLY hard to tell the difference.

Posted

because in the early lore, female were more sensitive to magic than male. Male who wanted to learn magic needed many many years to be finally be able to manipulate it, they consecrated almost all their life to reach the point that female could reach at way more young age. 

te it, they cons

No, i'm gonna call BS on this. I searched the lore of the game for a while and never found anything about this or about the males.

Given the fact that they had a male elf model long ago as a placeholder for a male archer. I think they just didnt want to make them and never gave a concrete reason why.

Posted (edited)

If we go by the OP's logic, there are also no female human children, no female dwarves, no female giants.  Or, we can go with what PA has been doing all along and say that they just didn't make male elven NPCs since "Male Elves" are not the only gap.  They'd have to design multiple clothing options, multiple hairstyles, multiple faces, add animations and so-on.  I can see that being something they might skip over.

This is from only a few months ago: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/11/black-desert-online-interview-pearl-abyss-talks-dark-elves-future-updates-fixes-and-much-more/

"Giuseppe Nelva: A little while ago, you released the art for the new Dark Elf class. Is it going to be female-only?

Pearl Abyss: We are totally considering a male dark elf, but the female is ready, since the idea came up a while ago."

Don't you think that if male elves were an impossibility they would have said something when the topic came up?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

There are no male elf npcs because PA was too lazy to make them. 

Bingo.

They've already said that they're open to making a male elven class, and we know that male Elves almost existed at one point, and that there's a hidden "Male Elf" NPC in the game files (1, 2).  Orwen is also noted as being exceptional for being half-elf and half-human, which would make zero sense if there was no such thing as a "full elf" in the first place.

More likely than not, they may be a "female majority" race.  We've seen this with Shai, and the opposite with the Otter race (who are mostly male with less females).  BDO lore, with the exception of humans loves, making one sex more common than the other among its races—for whatever reason.

Knowing PA, we'll get a single male elven NPC and he'll have a knowledge article that says "Males are rare among the Elven people" or something like that.

No, i'm gonna call BS on this. I searched the lore of the game for a while and never found anything about this or about the males.
Given the fact that they had a male elf model long ago as a placeholder for a male archer. I think they just didnt want to make them and never gave a concrete reason why.

Correct.  This was fan lore made on black-desert.com in their fan comic many people thought was "the lore of the game".  It isn't.  Women and men are just as good at magic as one another.

Edited by Maevynn
1 person likes this

Posted

cant be a lesbian if theres no opposition though... Lesbian is base on girls liking girls as oppose to like boys, but in the case of what we know boys dont exists so therefor theyre not lesbian but rather heterosexual in their own way...

Well they know boys do exist cause humans and giants...

Btw are all giants gay too ? B|

1 person likes this

Posted

Well they know boys do exist cause humans and giants...

Btw are all giants gay too ? B|

did you just assume all giants are male?! how dare you!

Posted

The reason as to why there are no male elfs in the trailers or zones is simply because they have not bothered creating the model.

Pretty much this (And their excuse for lore) but as with Young Wizard it's proven they change it how they wish to shoe-horn things in.

Posted

te it, they cons

It's people like you who almost make me stop caring about sexism against women. You don't get to be sexist against men to "empower" women. And it's all about SEX. Korean devs focus more on their fap material than equally creating content for both genders. period. All this other garbage is dumb and sounds dumb.

2 people like this

Posted

If i had a dollar for every time i read someone quoting this fan made trash I'd be very rich. There are no male elf npcs because PA was too lazy to make them. 

Blablablabla

, i readed this thing like so many time when the game was in beta in korea, so i tought it was the lore. no need to be toxic, and i dont speak only to you but to all those who awnsered

2 people like this

Posted

Blablablabla

, i readed this thing like so many time when the game was in beta in korea, so i tought it was the lore. no need to be toxic, and i dont speak only to you but to all those who awnsered

It's nothing against you, but it gets really annoying when people excuse laziness with lore. There are soooooooo many male mages in the game that aren't old, even goblins can use magic, so it never made sense to begin with. 

Posted

It's nothing against you, but it gets really annoying when people excuse laziness with lore. There are soooooooo many male mages in the game that aren't old, even goblins can use magic, so it never made sense to begin with. 

Same with sorcerer in Tariff >_>

Posted

What if this is the logic, there are dwarf men just that they look like women

Posted

What if elves need a male human and are just able to birth elves?

1 person likes this

Posted

What if they are all futanaris?

1 person likes this

Posted

What if they are all futanaris?

plz no. I don't want re-watch Bible black in my head >_>

1 person likes this