• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are we going to be able to player trade?

349 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been reading that player trading is going to be disabled in an attempt to thwart the bot population or gold sellers or something.

I just want to say that setting up things in a game to counter certain things always create new, unexpected counters from the population. I'd very much like to be able to player trade in this game. Gather materials and items and be able to sell or trade them to players. Are we going to be able to do that?

3 people like this

Posted

No.

6 people like this

Posted

No.

You and your one word answers.  Yes, no, as if those actually answer questions.

2 people like this

Posted

You and your one word answers.  Yes, no, as if those actually answer questions.

To be fair, he DID ask a binary question.

4 people like this

Posted

Well, you can certainly sell items to other players, you're just forced to sell it for what it's worth to whoever decides to buy it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No.

Player to Player Trade

In CBT1 we had several items available for player-to-player trading. Yes, it was the same list that the Russian server used. However, we are still considering to have the player-to-player trading completely removed, as it doesn’t offer any reasonable benefit with the current setting and offering more items for open trading is not an option either. The game’s design is laid out to function without player-to-player trade.

Nonetheless we want to stress that we do understand the perception of Western players and their demand for such features. We will closely monitor the development on our service and respond accordingly to improve the situation if deemed necessary.

This is not final, but you will see the changes latest within the patch notes for CBT2. Again, BDO will evolve over time, so please give us time to determine the needs for our service after launch and do not base all your assumptions and perception on your experience with other games or the Korean service. Give us the chance to be our own version of Black Desert Online.

9 people like this

Posted

it might sound like a bad thing, but it's just one thing we have to live without to give us an end-all solution to gold farming and selling

Posted

No, and I hope they don't change it, it's good the way it is (speaking from playing the KR version)

2 people like this

Posted

i dont really know but i know you can use the auction house ;o ive heard no and yes so we will have to wait and see :3

Posted

Nope and hopefully never :D

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Question, is our family name our creator name?

Edited by Pisces

Posted

I like the idea of pots being the only thing able to be traded. Then during node wars and sieges you can still trade with other guild members to get pots since there's usually no nearby vendors.

Posted

No player > player trades, but market is still out there

Posted

hopefully not

Posted

Alright. Well unfortunately I am going to skip on this game then, I think, unless I hear something other than the devs removing fairly standard game mechanics in favor of outwitting gold sellers. I guess enjoy them tanking the auction house/market?

What is the point playing a game where gold has no global meaning, but rather only self meaning? It's almost as if they are trying to make this a single player experience in a world full of other players. I enjoy trading and being a merchant, or offering services in games. If there is no way for me to do that (apparently bartering is even out of the question) then that really disinterests me in the game.

To all you people saying "I hope they don't enable player trading!" what is your reasoning behind that?

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont think we'll get trading. I wouldn't mind having a system in which guild members can pool resources together to build things like boats/ships/armor/weapons/etc (more specifically boats/ships/donating money for gvg). Of course, this would have to be something like 1 week in the guild before this is enabled. 

Posted

I've been reading that player trading is going to be disabled in an attempt to thwart the bot population or gold sellers or something.

I just want to say that setting up things in a game to counter certain things always create new, unexpected counters from the population. I'd very much like to be able to player trade in this game. Gather materials and items and be able to sell or trade them to players. Are we going to be able to do that?

i love the AH only feature... i didnt at first but it totaly kills bots... i love it now..

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright. Well unfortunately I am going to skip on this game then, I think, unless I hear something other than the devs removing fairly standard game mechanics in favor of outwitting gold sellers. I guess enjoy them tanking the auction house/market?

What is the point playing a game where gold has no global meaning, but rather only self meaning? It's almost as if they are trying to make this a single player experience in a world full of other players. I enjoy trading and being a merchant, or offering services in games. If there is no way for me to do that (apparently bartering is even out of the question) then that really disinterests me in the game.

To all you people saying "I hope they don't enable player trading!" what is your reasoning behind that?

Your only reasoning is that you are used to that being a part of MMOs. Our reasoning for no direct trade and controlled AH is that;

A. lt kills goldsellers and bots

B. lt kills jerks who manipulate market prices to artificially inflate prices as well as AH snipe bots

C. You DO NOT need it. You can sell everything on AH, and buy everything on AH. So trade through AH exist.

7 people like this

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkrHGfEufc

Lots of botting in Korea

Tutorial On How To BOT in BNS

Gold Spammers Funny Video

This is something that is annoying it's like spam mail but every 3 sec flooding the chat and devaluing the economy items and gold. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkrHGfEufc

Lots of botting in Korea

Tutorial On How To BOT in BNS

Gold Spammers Funny Video

This is something that is annoying it's like spam mail but every 3 sec flooding the chat and devaluing the economy items and gold. 

Okay, so again this is an action taken against something that does not negatively impact players other than gold spam and botting. The game is buy to play here. I don't understand what the issue is. I don't want a pre-gimped set of game mechanics because "because gold sellers" are the argument, when bots and gold sellers are in EVERY SINGLE MMO EVER.

Edited by Sephina
1 person likes this

Posted

Those are social misfits who will horde their "phat loot", never group or help other players and will probably be the one's ganking lowbies for shits and  giggles. Some peeps just don't get "MMO".

Posted

Okay, so again this is an action taken against something that does not negatively impact players other than gold spam and botting. The game is buy to play here. I don't understand what the issue is. I don't want a pre-gimped set of game mechanics because "because gold sellers" are the argument, when bots and gold sellers are in EVERY SINGLE MMO EVER.

Due to the nature of this game, gold selling can be a rather massive issue effecting people. The ability to essentially buy in a week what would take months for others breaks the game. The fact you think it doesn't shows how little you know about the game.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Think about it, if there is no direct trade, without trade between players what purpose would there be for them to bot or try to gold sell? There's literally no way if player trade isn't implemented. Will there be some trying to scam people anyway? Probably at first, but really, not allowing player-to-player trading has a lot of ups, and not many downs. Help your friends in other ways, farm with them, teach them the game etc. You can't stop them from trying (even if it is impossible to transfer between players SEE SKYFORGE for examples) but you can stop the action, and that is what is important. 

edit : Another thing Daum said when talking to PA is that PA told them the game wasn't designed to have player trading. Stop trying to change the games design and love it for what it is

Edited by King389
2 people like this

Posted

Bots can kill the game very fast. Trade between players provides the main avenue for them to spoil the game.

for this very reason, I would rather prefer no player to player trade system. 

3 people like this

Posted

I understand that bots ruin the game really fast, but to be honest the fact there is no tradeing is REALLY annoying. "I have some old gear to help my friends" But i cant give it. In fact the only way to help my friends is to go to them and farm low level mobs with them. Its boring for me and boring for them. I can teach them the game, but when we are working together as a guild to make a fishing boat, they cant help. I can share my fishingboat afterwards, but they cant help me get it. It ruins player to player interaction. Everyone in the game might as well be NPC's if there is no trading. And at that point we might as wll allow bots. They should look for other ways to make bots less viable then completely ruining player to play interaction to the point where the only advantage a guild gives you is the fact that someone might be willing to come and babysit you for an hour.

Another thing, it makes the value of people in your guild useless based on skills, say i have the worlds best processor in my guild. This gives me nothing, infact all it gives me is the fact he sell his weapons on the market. Then anyone can take them, and he could be in any other guild and it would be just as advantageous to me. With out player to player trading, my friends might as well be strangers, and guild v guild warefare depends on how much people you managed to grab that acually got somewhere.

My suggestion:

Force equal trade, if my buddy wants to sell me beer, i can trade him in iron based off market price and the leftover is picked up with currency. That way gold botters cant give someone more, they just give them what they already had. This would mean that in the situation "Oh this armor i managed to get is worth X, i'll sell it directly to you". I think this would solve both, players can once again cooperate, and gold botters would still be useless.

4 people like this