• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Market sniping still exist?

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I been hearing people shouting about how the stuff they want are still getting snipped despite the changed Market bidding. Is this true?

I had doubts and didn't think it was possible. However after 436 tries (pretty much doing this since the start of the new patch) at Labreve I notice that the items are always sold before I can hit the result button despite literally smashing it down for 20 seconds ahead until I see the "already sold".

Are there still ways to snipe?

Edited by Ruiqicn

Posted

Might be something wrong on your end if you never get the "failed to purchase" message. I often spam the button + enter out of impatience and often get that message so if you never get it it might be that your client for some reason lag behind so much that every1 have time to claim the item before you even get to check it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So it is because I'm lagging and its simply giving me a delayed message? So that means I'm just bad luck at getting bids :/

Might be something wrong on your end if you never get the "failed to purchase" message. I often spam the button + enter out of impatience and often get that message so if you never get it it might be that your client for some reason lag behind so much that every1 have time to claim the item before you even get to check it.

Edited by Ruiqicn

Posted

From the time the bidding is concluded there is a 20sec timer for the winner to claim the item or else it goes up again ffa. Ive never seen an item not be clamied though.

Posted

Popular items have probably hundreds of people bidding on them, so chances are low you'll win. I still hear people use the word snipe now and then when talking about buying stuff from the marketplace, but I think it's out of habit rather than being literal.

2 people like this

Posted

From the time the bidding is concluded there is a 20sec timer for the winner to claim the item or else it goes up again ffa. Ive never seen an item not be clamied though.

Ive seen a few items not claimed, if not claimed the item goes to a normal buy so the faster one buys it.

I been hearing people shouting about how the stuff they want are still getting snipped despite the changed Market bidding. Is this true?

I had doubts and didn't think it was possible. However after 436 tries (pretty much doing this since the start of the new patch) at Labreve I notice that the items are always sold before I can hit the result button despite literally smashing it down for 20 seconds ahead until I see the "already sold".

You can get tow mesages:

Failed to Purchase: The item is still on the market but no one won or didnt claim, with this error you know that you didnt won it. Your only chance is that the winner doesnt claim (or no one won the item) then it goes to a normal buy system so there you can snipe it.

Item already sold: The item is no longer in the market because the winner already claimed it.

Posted

No sniping. From hours of staring into the marketplace and keep failing getting my damn Labreve, i learned how the bidding works. The item appears, you hit the bid button. Then the process starts and the button changes into "counting" which you cannot click. Until the "counting" is still there, the game is choosing one of the 1000000000000000 of people who did bid on it. Once the "counting" changes into "bidding result", the winner has about 20 sec for claiming the item. Now, here's the thing. If you won the item, during those 20 sec, it doesn't matter when you claim it, until you are within the time limit. If you didn't win the item, you can see that you lost, even before you clicked the "bidding result". Because until the item is still there... For instance, two Labreve costumes was added in one time and you lost bidding on both of them. You see number 2 on that item on top because 2 of them has been registered. Usually, once the "counting" is over, you see how the number 2 changes to 1 and 1 changes to 0. Meaning, you just saw how the people who won those costumes, was claiming them, so they disappeared in front of your eyes from the marketplace. Then you hit the "bidding result" and you get message "Item already sold". If you lose the bidding, but you click the "bidding result" before the winner claims the item, you get message "Failed to purchase the item" ( don't know if it's precise, it's simply the massage with the "fail" word) and the button changes into "End bidding" which you cannot click again and you still see a number on the item. For example, if one item didn't disappear after you clicked the "bidding result" and the item ended up with "End bidding" unclickable button, means the person who won this item, simply didn't claim it yet and there is still number 1 on that item, because there is still this one item on the market place left, waiting for the winner to claim it. Then you see the number to disappear (it doesn't become 0, there is always "-" if there is zero number of that item). Means the person just claimed it. He just didn't do it immediately. When the number on the item disappear a millisecond after the button changed into "bidding result", means the winner was simply hitting the button all the time before the "bidding result" appeared, because he thought that time matters here, which it doesn't. If you win, it doesn't matter when you claim it, until you are within the claiming time limit, which should be those 20 sec i think.

In short, whole this crap system sucks really bad, but i hope you understand now.

1 person likes this

Posted

No sniping. From hours of staring into the marketplace and keep failing getting my damn Labreve, i learned how the bidding works. The item appears, you hit the bid button. Then the process starts and the button changes into "counting" which you cannot click. Until the "counting" is still there, the game is choosing one of the 1000000000000000 of people who did bid on it. Once the "counting" changes into "bidding result", the winner has about 20 sec for claiming the item. Now, here's the thing. If you won the item, during those 20 sec, it doesn't matter when you claim it, until you are within the time limit. If you didn't win the item, you can see that you lost, even before you clicked the "bidding result". Because until the item is still there... For instance, two Labreve costumes was added in one time and you lost bidding on both of them. You see number 2 on that item on top because 2 of them has been registered. Usually, once the "counting" is over, you see how the number 2 changes to 1 and 1 changes to 0. Meaning, you just saw how the people who won those costumes, was claiming them, so they disappeared in front of your eyes from the marketplace. Then you hit the "bidding result" and you get message "Item already sold". If you lose the bidding, but you click the "bidding result" before the winner claims the item, you get message "Failed to purchase the item" ( don't know if it's precise, it's simply the massage with the "fail" word) and the button changes into "End bidding" which you cannot click again and you still see a number on the item. For example, if one item didn't disappear after you clicked the "bidding result" and the item ended up with "End bidding" unclickable button, means the person who won this item, simply didn't claim it yet and there is still number 1 on that item, because there is still this one item on the market place left, waiting for the winner to claim it. Then you see the number to disappear (it doesn't become 0, there is always "-" if there is zero number of that item). Means the person just claimed it. He just didn't do it immediately. When the number on the item disappear a millisecond after the button changed into "bidding result", means the winner was simply hitting the button all the time before the "bidding result" appeared, because he thought that time matters here, which it doesn't. If you win, it doesn't matter when you claim it, until you are within the claiming time limit, which should be those 20 sec i think.

In short, whole this crap system sucks really bad, but i hope you understand now.

Well at least all the people have the "same" chance of wining. I dont think that the game chooses one person from all the bidders, i think that when you click "bidding result" you have a % chance of wining the item (thats why the game tells you "Failed at purchase the item") so if you wait to confirm that result maybe someone wins before you and why the game tells you item already sold.

Posted

Well at least all the people have the "same" chance of wining. I dont think that the game chooses one person from all the bidders, i think that when you click "bidding result" you have a % chance of wining the item (thats why the game tells you "Failed at purchase the item") so if you wait to confirm that result maybe someone wins before you and why the game tells you item already sold.

I've never had a time when I failed to purchase an item and it was never claimed.

For example, go buy 30 of an item from bidding. Make sure the item is something that people aren't actively seeking.

Every single one of them is going to be successful. If you fail for any reason, you will see the item disappear from the marketplace before it goes to FFA.

(People who are buying many of an item for fail stacking will see this).

There are only the rare, random times in which someone else bids, succeeds, but never buys the item.

It's definitely determined by the people who bid on the item. Whether there can be multiple successful bidders per item is the real question.

Posted

I've never had a time when I failed to purchase an item and it was never claimed.

For example, go buy 30 of an item from bidding. Make sure the item is something that people aren't actively seeking.

Every single one of them is going to be successful. If you fail for any reason, you will see the item disappear from the marketplace before it goes to FFA.

(People who are buying many of an item for fail stacking will see this).

There are only the rare, random times in which someone else bids, succeeds, but never buys the item.

It's definitely determined by the people who bid on the item. Whether there can be multiple successful bidders per item is the real question.

Well we are talking about Pearl Shop items on Market Place, those items have an "special system".

1 person likes this

Posted

In my experience, if the registered item is the only available one, it goes first into biding mode. After some minutes without any bids it changes into regular buy mode. This is what i have seen on some non cash shop items (also not boss armor).

Posted

Why is it so difficult for people to grasp the concept of RNG and the fact that there are literally hundreds to thousands of people trying to bid on the same items?

4 people like this

Posted

The only "sniping" going on(at least for items that go to bid) is when a winner doesn't pick up their win and it goes to a free-for-all buy.

As said above, I think most people still use the word out of habit.

Posted

OMG, I shouldn't hit the "Counting" button?

Posted

how can people dislike a system that is literally 100% fair for all people playing and is completely bot snipe proof? 

2 people like this

Posted

^ Because people will complain no matter what.

Posted (edited)

i bought hebetate armor and muskan shoes in 1 day..just rng

Edited by Laffy

Posted

No, for winning the item, all you have to do is hit "bid" and if you win, hit "bidding result" within the time limit. Who wins the item decides the time when the button changes into "counting". When you get "Failed to purchase the item" message, means you hit "bidding result" before the winner hit it. If you get "Item already sold", you hit "bidding result" after the winner clicked it.

OMG, I shouldn't hit the "Counting" button?

Well, you can't hit it anyway, since it's grayed. It won't do anything if you try to click it.

Posted (edited)

Why is it so difficult for people to grasp the concept of RNG and the fact that there are literally hundreds to thousands of people trying to bid on the same items?

This, if there are around 200 people bidding for the same item and everyone is equally likely to get it in every attempt (i.e. the probability of you getting an item conforms to the Bernoulli distribution), and you make a total of 100 attempts, then you only have about 40% chance of winning the item.

Edited by Aywa

Posted

It would be nice if they gave you a bit of percentage every time you lost on the same item so maybe you have a bit better shot the next time when you try for the same item after 100 time or more it does really feel like the game hate you.

Posted

It would be nice if they gave you a bit of percentage every time you lost on the same item so maybe you have a bit better shot the next time when you try for the same item after 100 time or more it does really feel like the game hate you.

I made such suggestion here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124689-add-failstack-to-bidding-system-on-marketplace/

Check it out. Too bad nobody reads suggestion section. Neither Kakao i think.

Posted (edited)

I don't maybe because the scrubs complaining about this bidding system where the ones using snipe bots before bidding system was in place. Why else would you complain when the bidding system gives everyone a chance.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

I made such suggestion here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124689-add-failstack-to-bidding-system-on-marketplace/

Check it out. Too bad nobody reads suggestion section. Neither Kakao i think.

This doesn't change the fact that the demand for some items far exceeds the supply. You won't magically increase the amount of items on the marketplace by implementing this suggestion. All this would do is it would give an advantage to those who started bidding for an item earlier.

Posted

As far as I know, there is a rumor on eu discord.Thar snipining bot is working and the current target is for example platinum and black crystals on eu servers. I think with Pearl item shop would be much easier beacouse it is max few hundreds of items 

Posted

This doesn't change the fact that the demand for some items far exceeds the supply. You won't magically increase the amount of items on the marketplace by implementing this suggestion. All this would do is it would give an advantage to those who started bidding for an item earlier.

Hey, this doesn't change the fact that their whole business model sucks, because they are greedy af. I'm not trying to change the bad system into awesome system, as it's not possible. I'm trying to change it into less bad and less frustrating system than it is now, but it will remain bad and frustrating nevertheless. Only less with my idea, since you would actually get the item eventually. Now you may never get it.

The core of the whole problem however, which would remove the frustration completely if solved, lies somewhere else, which i won't be mentioning here anymore, as i would only unleash my rage, because the times when i was constructively talking about that problem and was trying to suggest different solution is over. Now i came up with a new idea which would make their customers happier or at least less frustrated and their money-sucking business wouldn't suffer any damage. But sure, even though i bother here again, i can already see their utter ignorance, since they can simply sell their pearl items just fine the way it is now, so why bother to do something for us and complicate the system.