• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

*Repost* Sorc or Wizard?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Reposted this here because pvp thread is pretty dead. Rerolling and interested in the way sorc and wiz play. Played both but can't decide. Opinions?

- better for gvg and node wars?

-better for pve?

- better for 1v1s to fight for grinding spots?

- better all around?

I'm just curious how they fare in these situations. I'm not a fotm player, but I do enjoy gvg and node wars, but would also like to be able to fight for a grinding spot when the time came. 

Posted

yes

3 people like this

Posted

Well it's pretty early in the Wizards awakening to state anything definitively although from videos and streams they look very strong.

Sorcs however excel in all the things you mentioned you were interested in. However in my case i found them more fun to play pre awakening but there is no doubt they are one of the strongest classes in the game right now and i guess there is probably an argument that could be made that they are the strongest all around class but that would be highly subjective of course.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it's pretty early in the Wizards awakening to state anything definitively although from videos and streams they look very strong.

Sorcs however excel in all the things you mentioned you were interested in. However in my case i found them more fun to play pre awakening but there is no doubt they are one of the strongest classes in the game right now and i guess there is probably an argument that could be made that they are the strongest all around class but that would be highly subjective of course.

Yeah most people are hinting me towards sorc, I'll probably level her and test it out

Posted

i think sorc is still stronger in a more well- rounded aspect... wiz/witch are just like... human nukes and not that fun to play pre-awakening and VERY SP and gear dependent... its much better post awakening but hard to say if they are going to get any nerfs and changes to their class.

2 people like this

Posted

- better for gvg and node wars? Key difference. Sorcs set up the big kill opportunities, Wizards follow up on the opportunities. A well placed black hole can wipe an entire guild. Violation is great for AoE knockdown in wars. Wizards nuke the groups that get CC'd by sorcs. Sorcs still have super high damage, so don't let my explanation make you think they don't.

-better for pve? Should be close.

- better for 1v1s to fight for grinding spots? Should be close. I'd think Sorc is better on its own compared to witch/wiz but it's difficult to tell at this point.

- better all around? Should be close.

Posted (edited)

- better for gvg and node wars? Key difference. Sorcs set up the big kill opportunities, Wizards follow up on the opportunities. A well placed black hole can wipe an entire guild. Violation is great for AoE knockdown in wars. Wizards nuke the groups that get CC'd by sorcs. Sorcs still have super high damage, so don't let my explanation make you think they don't.

-better for pve? Should be close.

- better for 1v1s to fight for grinding spots? Should be close. I'd think Sorc is better on its own compared to witch/wiz but it's difficult to tell at this point.

- better all around? Should be close.

thats why this is so tough, it is very close. If I played a lot then I really wouldn't care, I'd just level both up -- but leveling both to 56 will take me probably a week and a half or two. Not too bad I guess

Edited by Poko

Posted

thats why this is so tough, it is very close. If I played a lot then I really wouldn't care, I'd just level both up -- but leveling both to 56 will take me probably a week and a half or two. Not too bad I guess

Without XP buffs you can level both characters up to 56 in 2 days...

Posted

Without XP buffs you can level both characters up to 56 in 2 days...

lol I'm sorry but I dont play 8 hours a day like you

Posted

lol I'm sorry but I dont play 8 hours a day like you

You must be fun at parties!  

Also, you're a bit of a joke as a person since you can't even make a simple decision on your own.

mic-drop-2boom.jpg

Posted (edited)

Reposted this here because pvp thread is pretty dead. Rerolling and interested in the way sorc and wiz play. Played both but can't decide. Opinions?

- better for gvg and node wars?

-better for pve?

- better for 1v1s to fight for grinding spots?

- better all around?

I'm just curious how they fare in these situations. I'm not a fotm player, but I do enjoy gvg and node wars, but would also like to be able to fight for a grinding spot when the time came. 

Two different classes. If you want an easy class that excells at everything with little effort, wiz. If you want a difficult class that pays off only when mastered, sorc. PVE wise, wiz will always be better, but PVP wise, skilled sorcs are probaby most dangerous charcters to fight against.

Edited by Tinaral

Posted

If you want an easy class that excells at everything with little effort, wiz

not rly lölö. Wiz/wit isn't easier as sorc, but stronger atm at all points. 

Posted

Reroll as Tamer.

Posted

Two different classes. If you want an easy class that excells at everything with little effort, wiz. If you want a difficult class that pays off only when mastered, sorc. PVE wise, wiz will always be better, but PVP wise, skilled sorcs are probaby most dangerous charcters to fight against.

sorc is really that hard to play? Lol

Posted

i think sorc is still stronger in a more well- rounded aspect... wiz/witch are just like... human nukes and not that fun to play pre-awakening and VERY SP and gear dependent... its much better post awakening but hard to say if they are going to get any nerfs and changes to their class.

Both classes are not that geared dependent. 

Posted

if the pvp forum is dead. Does that mean fewer pks?

Posted

what about sp? Im probably going to level both but just curious.

Posted

Reroll as Tamer.

Isn't Tamer one of the weaker classes atm?

Posted

Isn't Tamer one of the weaker classes atm?

Very much so which is why you should reroll. By the time you get to level 59, we might be loved again!

Life is a gamble, take the plunge.

Posted

witch/wiz is extremely gear dependent pre-awakening. however, it is much better post awakening.

Posted

You must be fun at parties!  

Also, you're a bit of a joke as a person since you can't even make a simple decision on your own.

mic-drop-2boom.jpg

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/d7/d7585658fe72d63ca55f62c1320501d319f16f80_full.jpg

Posted

Related to the rest of the classes, it is quite hard yes. Ninja/Kuno are also difficult.

Posted

It has a pretty high skill cap.

Posted

there is a world of difference between a mediocre sorc and a master sorc. yes, to be good at this class takes weeks if not month sitting in the arena trying to get every bit of your skill/ hidden stats/ combos/ controls figured out. but i could say the same for every class.

what about sp? Im probably going to level both but just curious.

before awakening, witch/wiz was extremely sp and gear dependent because there are so many roles you have to fill. ex. pve, pvp, large scale pvp, small scale pvp, support and so on. but now, the awakening is out, just max out chain lightning and get a good mainhand should carry you to lvl 56. then just use awakening weapon <-- which isnt very gear dependent.

1 person likes this

Posted

there is a world of difference between a mediocre sorc and a master sorc. yes, to be good at this class takes weeks if not month sitting in the arena trying to get every bit of your skill/ hidden stats/ combos/ controls figured out. but i could say the same for every class.

before awakening, witch/wiz was extremely sp and gear dependent because there are so many roles you have to fill. ex. pve, pvp, large scale pvp, small scale pvp, support and so on. but now, the awakening is out, just max out chain lightning and get a good mainhand should carry you to lvl 56. then just use awakening weapon <-- which isnt very gear dependent.

i would most likely be mediocre lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0