• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

music Black Desert music didn't impress me, is it only me?

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been playin' few MMORPG's in my life and usually I could listen to some town/village musics which impressed me, were very relaxative but as I'm impressed about BDO graphic, combat system and many things well... I can't tell the same about village/city themes, music at all. I'm the kind of person where music in MMORPG's is really important for me, do you feel the same guys?

Here you go some good playlist in my humble opinion of course

Looks like I'll turn off music in the background and gonna use one of my playlist with music from others MMOs/Games

Edited by Enzo
4 people like this

Posted

Music was meh to me, pretty repetitive, but not horrible. Although some of the best experiences I have had in MMOs have been exploring while listening to epic sound tracks - it does in a way complete the experience. 

Posted

Music was meh to me, pretty repetitive, but not horrible. Although some of the best experiences I have had in MMOs have been exploring while listening to epic sound tracks - it does in a way complete the experience. 

I see you know that feeling my friend.

Posted

Hmm only music i ever liked in any MMO was the orgrimmar track in WoW and that was basically someone blowing a horn banging a drum while grunting...

First thing i do in any mmo is turn down the music, most of them make me feel like i'm in some cheap chinese restaurant anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

Music is cheap, but not 'so' bad.

I normally just turn it down to like 10% so the game is not completely quiet and I can still understand people on TS3.

Posted (edited)

Seldom do I like any game's actual music; BDO included. Call me cheese but Dynasty Warriors music is probably one my favorites. It keeps you hyped up while you hack and slash.

Most other games the music doesn't fit what's going on. Or it's limited to a few songs for an entire world. It gets old quickly.

Too bad game music MMO or Solo isn't as epic as it used to be. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3CKb3FuG4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNmYWYFZQg

Edited by Locket

Posted

Honestly, I like the soundtrack. I love the opening/character creation because it gives me chills like it's a beginning of an adventure, haha. Of course, it's not superior to FF's soundtrack but I think it's great in comparison to other MMO's I've played. Perhaps they will include more variation once everything is settled down. :]

Posted

I normally just turn it down to like 10% so the game is not completely quiet and I can still understand people on TS3.

So check out this until you have some time before release of the game. Chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHdeHW0k_M

Posted

I always have black desert music muted, same with the recent mmorpgs I've played. Many game composers these days just play it too safe. The only two black desert tracks so far that I've liked were the castle theme (probably because it has a ffxii vibe to it) and sorta Heidel's theme. One of my favorite town themes done right:

Probably made so well because the developers knew you would spend so much time there. It's the type of song that's creative and never gets old even after hundreds of hours of playtime. xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Every game i play music gets instantly muted... It gets in the way of TS. If i want to listen to music ill play some of my own. Plus music gets in the way of me sound whoring fools with my headphones. I hated that about infinity ward COD games where you couldnt turn the music off and it got in the way of clutch times in Search and Destroy.

Posted

My music turns off immediately when someone's talking through a microphone (on TS3 for example), some kind of software, back again when everyone's silent on TS/VT.

Posted (edited)

I don't dislike the music, but like most MMO's I prefer listening to my own playlist. Part of the issue is even if I did like the game music, you might be stuck listening to the same track for an hour non-stop. That isn't going to work for me.

But I didn't have an issue with the BDO music. I could even see mixing some of the tracks into a playlist.

Edited by poppaea

Posted

Enzo I think you were there in ALPHA when I did a threat about the crappy, cheap & amateurish soundtrack the game have which was made btw by Pearl Abyss themselves & that explain it all, they didn't hire any big name to write music for the game, when I did this thread in ALPHA & I ask if the devs would be happy if the majority of people are going to mute the music or put something else to hear while they play the game there was some guy very sure of himself (Chun-Chun guhu-guhu..) that he told me the music is fine blah blah & few seconds later people post to write that they agree with me lol... anyway as I said the soundtrack is crap I listen around 15 tracks & I know very well for what I'm talking about, but at this stage when the game is out already what can be done? the company who made this game decide to not spent money for a good soundtrack unfortunately that's how things are.

1 person likes this

Posted

I personally can't stand BDO's OST. It's consistently hyped, keeps you stressed out and way too on-edge.

Posted (edited)

I find Valencia music really good. Not saying it gives a "whoa I got blown away" feel, but it definitely isn't bad. Been listening to it while doing university projects, was actually nice.

Edited by Aries
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This soundtrack gave me goosebumps countless times while waiting for the release of Guild Wars 2 and then, when I was completing the story line - this game caught me like no other before or after :D Still, I hope that BDO soundtrack will be at least decent, all in all this and good plot creates 99% of the game's impression. 

Edited by Sowiak
3 people like this

Posted

Ahh Jeremy Soule!!

One of my favorite video-game composers. You should definately check out the GW1 soundtrack if you liked GW2's, he made it as well.

2 people like this

Posted

Ahh Jeremy Soule!!

One of my favorite video-game composers. You should definately check out the GW1 soundtrack if you liked GW2's, he made it as well.

I've checked them and I'd like to say that I'm really thankful to you for showing them to me, got really impressed by his work tbh :D Kinda reminds me of the LOTR soundtrack which I love ;)

Posted (edited)

I've been playin' few MMORPG's in my life and usually I could listen to some town/village musics which impressed me, were very relaxative but as I'm impressed about BDO graphic, combat system and many things well... I can't tell the same about village/city themes, music at all. I'm the kind of person where music in MMORPG's is really important for me, do you feel the same guys?

Here you go some good playlist in my humble opinion of course

Looks like I'll turn off music in the background and gonna use one of my playlist with music from others MMOs/Games

When talking about music, everything comes down to what you enjoy and what you like. I myself, watching many BDO videos ,don't think the music is horrible and while it's not the most exciting music in a video game it certainly isn't horrible. So again it just comes down to what you like and no video game will have a masterpiece soundtrack that everyone enjoys.

To be quite honest after playing for months on end you more then likely will have the background music muted anyways due to the fact you are either tired of it or you are busy on a voice communication talking to guild mates or listening to other music.

While I do agree that a great soundtrack is key in RPG's in attracting players it certainly always comes down to the listeners preference with types of music. I think there would be many other things that are ahead on the chart of things to improve.

Edited by Clankiller
1 person likes this

Posted

It reminds me of the Witcher series. I love it.

Posted

I think that a game's music is a core part of making it memorable and great. While Black Desert's Music is clearly not even close to a masterpiece of any kind. It still manages to be somewhat distinct and it is something I could listen too while playing the game. I always enjoy listening to the soundtrack of a game, even more so when it's good. Because the in game music is situational it helps to set the "mood" while playing. Which is why I think putting my own music over the game can destroy the mood that the developers have tried to portray when creating it.

But as "Clankiller" mentioned earlier, this is all of course up to the individual in question. ^_^

Posted (edited)

It reminds me of the Witcher series. I love it.

You're welcome x)

Edited by Dovaah

Posted (edited)

Honestly the only music that truly blows me away is a lot of the WoW music and the Halo music (especially Halo 3's). Other soundtracks (such as GW2) are great but I wouldn't say they give me goosebumps by any means. Same thing for BDO it doesn't sound bad but its not mind blowing like some other games.

Edited by Smokinya

Posted

The music was fine, nothing amazing though. Half the time i'm talking on a VOP so i don't have the music on.

The only music from a game that i liked was Vindictus, mainly the boss fights. Their music always pumped me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y3180YGZVs

-Vindictus OST - Lugh lamhfada super extended ver.

1 person likes this