• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

music Black Desert music didn't impress me, is it only me?

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This soundtrack appears after winning a castle siege and awarding yourself in the castle hall room.

Lineage 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dZayuWvRQ

Edited by Enzo

Posted (edited)

Lineage ost? I like you.

The new valencia sounds pretty nice too!

This one was my favorite from lineage, they simply knew how to make heroic soundtracks

And then theres ragnarok of course

Edited by janii

Posted

Only Alternova Map has a nice track, and because its reminiscent of The Mummy 

Posted (edited)

I think Vindictus has some of the best boss music available. It literally makes the fight go by 10x better than without the first few times through or first 20ish times before your ears get tired of it.

Final Fantasy # has always had staple high reputation with their musics.

SoundTeMP and SFA have had good tracks throughout bigger titles, Ragnarok Online, Granado Espada, Tree of Savior etc.

Not really game related but... Joe Hisaishi also makes some freaking brilliant music. (Ghibli)

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Generally when people think of MMOs one of the last things they think of is the OST, thus it probably wouldn't be a good use of money to put any amazing artists on the team.

In most games I play for a while, I only have the soundtrack enabled on a first playthrough. With a game as grind-y and sandbox-y as this I can't see (hear?) myself listening to it for very long unless it was REALLY good/dynamic, I.E. Changes a bit depending on what you're doing (Horse riding, Fighting...), not the whole song just some chords, I love that kinda stuff.

In the end, I always expect myself to end up riding my horse into the sunset while listening to Nujabes.

Edited by Edgelorde

Posted

Any chance we could ask the devs to add in our own music tracks?  Or maybe somehow do it already?

There are a bunch of songs I'd love to add to certain areas.  Calpheon definitely could stand to have some songs like this.  I know that certain games have folders you can just directly add new music to and it'll automatically play in the game.  It'd be nice.

Posted (edited)

Any chance we could ask the devs to add in our own music tracks?  Or maybe somehow do it already?

There are a bunch of songs I'd love to add to certain areas.  Calpheon definitely could stand to have some songs like this.  I know that certain games have folders you can just directly add new music to and it'll automatically play in the game.  It'd be nice.

Assuming the music files are a format that's easily accessible, like mp3, wav, or ogg, then you can most likely just do it yourself if you look in the games directory.

I haven't downloaded any version of the game thus far so I don't know what the directory is like.

(usually the first thing i do when i download a new game is peek around the directory, does anyone else do that or is it just me)

EDIT: OH you wanna ADD to it not replace. Yeah that's gotta be on the devs end.

Edited by Edgelorde
1 person likes this

Posted

Generally when people think of MMOs one of the last things they think of is the OST, thus it probably wouldn't be a good use of money to put any amazing artists on the team.

In most games I play for a while, I only have the soundtrack enabled on a first playthrough. With a game as grind-y and sandbox-y as this I can't see (hear?) myself listening to it for very long unless it was REALLY good/dynamic, I.E. Changes a bit depending on what you're doing (Horse riding, Fighting...), not the whole song just some chords, I love that kinda stuff.

In the end, I always expect myself to end up riding my horse into the sunset while listening to Nujabes.

It depends on what kind of thing you're doing in the game. For example I couldn't imagine mine olympiad fights in Lineage 2 without original music in the background which is pretty good and makes fights even more epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wKsYmL-xY

Posted (edited)

I've heard all the OST's for the game.

Through friends/youtube itself.

Simply compared to just blade and soul alone the game lacks entirely in the music/sound department.

Infact I still listen to some runescape music, yes runescape, because the sound design for the game was so good that it had transceded years and time in general.

Same with broodwar...

It is very easy to completely ignore the music in the game because it's so forgettable based on what I've heard (which I assume is all the music because what I've listened to was multiple hours worth so I assume thats all the towns/areas etc..)

It sucks but I usually end up playing my own music anyway.

I'm  big fan of the wind flute, violin, piano and harp... Instrumental music is nice and calming.

Edited by Punch
1 person likes this

Posted

It depends on what kind of thing you're doing in the game. For example I couldn't imagine mine olympiad fights in Lineage 2 without original music in the background which is pretty good and makes fights even more epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wKsYmL-xY

Eh, I don't really do combat music/"epic" music. Not really focused on the music if I'm fighting something, after all.

Plus I just prefer chill music.

Posted

That L2 playlist from Enzo, gave me chills, and sweet memories ;) thx for that man

Actually L2 and Aion soundtracks was best for me, in BDO i heard something worth attention but not too much. It could've been better

Posted

Lineage II soundtrack is amazing you might find in other MMORPGs 2-3 good tracks but you will never find so many good tracks in one single MMORPG, L2 is the best MMORPG & it have the best soundtrack on any MMORPG ever.

Posted (edited)

I'm huge on the soundtracks of games. Games are art, and each choice that gets made in the collaborative process is important, if you ask me. 

The music from The Legend of Zelda is some of my favorite, I also really enjoyed the OST of Halo:Combat Evolved, and I can't forget to mention The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qH4XH-AEYzo"    -Morrowind OST      (can't seem to figure out how you link it as a video)

Dammit now I just have to start playing Morrowind again, the music gets me everytime!

Edited by Greeley
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How can you not be impressed, yes some are bland, but overall they do just about everything right, simple base melody that stick in your head, good spread and difference. And I mean that night music. I want to know the damned composer to add her/him to my list.

Edited by Alakuu
4 people like this

Posted

I remember I have always loved the soundtrack from Diablo 2. Then the elder scrolls obviously has done a great job with their soundtracks through the years. I don't remember the music from the alpha, but i'll have to give it a listen in the beta test before I weigh in. 

Posted

I always play with the music muted and make my own playlist for the game I'm playing.

Posted

I'm huge on the soundtracks of games. Games are art, and each choice that gets made in the collaborative process is important, if you ask me. 

The music from The Legend of Zelda is some of my favorite, I also really enjoyed the OST of Halo:Combat Evolved, and I can't forget to mention The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qH4XH-AEYzo"    -Morrowind OST      (can't seem to figure out how you link it as a video)

Dammit now I just have to start playing Morrowind again, the music gets me everytime!

good taste

just saying

outlander

Posted

From what I've heard so far (admittedly not very much) I really like BDO's soundtrack. Not necessarily something I would listen to by itself, but I think it fits the tone and feel of the world very well and has a nice orchestral sound. 

Posted

I didn't think much of BDO's music... until I got to Valencia. The music in the beta regions is just alright (my first "wow" moment was hearing the soundtrack in Calpheon city, the grand score coincided well with seeing the hugeness of the city for the first time).  The music in Behr is also really peaceful. But the Valencia music absolutely kills it and sets the tone for the most difficult/expansive region in the game. It gives me a Prince of Persia/Uncharted 3 vibe.

Posted (edited)

From what I've heard, I've gotta say that it's okay and pleasing to the ear. Not the greatest, but still no negative comments from my point of view...

Edited by Adi

Posted (edited)

Music, like any art, is a very personal experience with very different outcomes for those who listen.

Found some interesting tracks in this topic, thanx  to those who posted.

To me, to be honest, there is only one OST that stands out head and shoulders. Fallout 3. The intro ("I don't want to set the world on fire...") is pure goosebumps and wow, and the three (signature)  chords are a classic.

Tomb Raider 1 comes close, but just close.

Talking about MMO-tracks, Blizzard always did a pretty good job, imho.

fallout 3 intro

fallout 3 ost

tomb raider 1 ost

Edited by Aysnvaust
added three links

Posted

I enjoyed the music during the CBT1.

While cooking and/or arranging items in one's home the music was appropriately subdued for my jazzy subjectivity. I found it just right for pondering. Needless to say for mobs more dynamic music was put in place but that is normal and I usually don't pay attention to dynamic music in combat cases. Sensory adaption has basically anesthetized that phase of the music implementation; its expected to be there. I was pleasantly surprised by the music that played while doing stuff in one's home and am glad that it wasn't something whimsical.

The music that played during horse travel for the limited region that I was able to get to during the beta was also very good. Video recording software came with my graphics card and I was able to record some things. I still watch the auto-pathed cinematic horse riding scenes that I made. Apparently the horse riding music changes depending on which towns one is traveling between? It also seems like something is amiss with the day and night cycle though.

Posted

I usually turn it off right away, no matter how amazing a sound track is it will get repetitive and drive me nuts. Unless I'm mindlessly grinding in which case I turn on the TV or my own tunes.