• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Buff the tamer   408 votes

1. 1. Should tamer be buffed?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

200 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know there are a lot threads about this but if we don't cry louder, we won't get noticed, right?
So I've read a lot about fellow tamers complaining about how weak our class is and tbh it made me really insecure and I started doubting the tamer too but still, I'm keeping the tamer and trying to tell myself that my class is still good.
Well, yesterday I was dueling with an awakened witch who has like much much much lover AP/DP than me but he almost one shot me! And my AP/DP is much higher than his but I didn't do any damage like wth! SERIOUSLY? 
I used my ultimate Allround Spinner that according to what I've heard, does some damage. Well, I didn't really do much.
Then I did my pvp combo (after his HP went back to full) Moonlight Strike W + F and then Garuda F then Echo Pierce SPACE and then automatically switched to my shortsword by doing Bolt and Jolt Shift + LMB and still... I didn't do much.
Instead, the witch dropped like 85% of my HP with just one skill. It could be that I'm doing something wrong but I tried to learn the combo that tamer awakening pvp guide told me.
But I seriously think that we need to be buffed! It's so sad seeing people that love tamer rerolling to other classes because they couldn't stand the weakness. I love my class and I would never want to reroll. Please, Pearl Abyss and Kakao don't force me to do that.

Do you guys think that we'll be buffed one day?

And btw why don't our skill icons look as good as other classes'?

Edited by Onoderane
2 people like this

Posted

isnanly strong class.. tamers still tell everybody how weak it is...

13 people like this

Posted (edited)

Then I did my pvp combo (after his HP went back to full) Moonlight Strike W + F and then Garuda F then Echo Pierce SPACE and then automatically switched to my shortsword by doing Bolt and Jolt Shift + LMB and still... I didn't do much.
Instead, the witch dropped like 85% of my HP with just one skill. It could be that I'm doing something wrong but I tried to learn the combo that tamer awakening pvp guide told me.

Ok, first what stats do you have, and what stats does the witch have? What levels are you both?

Second, why did you do what you did? It helps if you understand why you do certain combos. If you use Garuda, your opponent should be knocked up. If she's not, abort, your air/down attacks combo won't do much. If it succeeds, continue. 

Why did you switch to bolt/jolt after Echo Pierce? Your opponent may be on the ground, but is probably going to stand up shortly after. Try resetting the grounded state by grabbing (E), THEN using bolt/jolt.

Watch this video (1:13), or this video on CCs that might help.

Edited by Danjiano

Posted (edited)

I know there are a lot threads about this but if we don't cry louder, we won't get noticed, right?
So I've read a lot about fellow tamers complaining about how weak our class is and tbh it made me really insecure and I started doubting the tamer too but still, I'm keeping the tamer and trying to tell myself that my class is still good.
Well, yesterday I was dueling with an awakened witch who has like much much much lover AP/DP than me but he almost one shot me! And my AP/DP is much higher than his but I didn't do any damage like wth! SERIOUSLY? 
I used my ultimate Allround Spinner that according to what I've heard, does some damage. Well, I didn't really do much.
But I seriously think that we need to be buffed! It's so sad seeing people that love tamer rerolling to other classes because they couldn't stand the weakness. I love my class and I would never want to reroll. Please, Pearl Abyss and Kakao don't force me to do that.

Do you guys think that we'll be buffed one day?

And btw why don't our skill icons look as good as other classes'?

1) gamebreaking bugs. Target sliding after a grab is unacceptable no other class has this level of bugs.

2) all the dmg is stationary. The most mobile dmg skill is vermillion (lel) not counting moonlight ofc.

3)needs long cc chain comboes while other class just kd +fat finger one of the 1 shot buttons

4)unreliable iframes make the class frustrating to play because as a player you feel like you just rng died since you were not in control.

5)no identity. I can start listing every other class and what they bring but when I come to tamer I honestly can't say anything...

6)terrible ap scaling forcing to spec hybrid, but dp scales bad so when facing higher gear enemies the class becomes weaker.

7)no real aoe. Even maewha the most single target surgeon precision class in the game has better aoe than tamer.

8)weak gvg. 

9)shortsword was designed around a meta were  you actually had to block and use superarmor instead if having it on every skill. Rendering it completely useless.

10)forgotten class? In kr it took so long to fix some gamebreaking bugs. So long to give quality of life to summon and absorb and probably will take a while to fix grab (if they ever will that is).

11) garuda ascension is joke put by developer to mock the playerbase. 

Enjoy the dose of chrismas pessimism

Edited by Pako
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

isnanly strong class.. tamers still tell everybody how weak it is...

Nyn , Why you didn't beleave me when I told you Tamer is such a weak class :)

See all the people that are struggling with Tamer and try to make the impossible -> to overcome the rest classes and somehow win :)

The truth is that We don't need a Buff. We deserve it :)

Edited by rximmortal

Posted

We dont exactly need a buff but rather some fixes. What comes to my mind is the grab issue where the enemy either slides off to the side and our attacks miss or the enemy blocks while being on the ground. Allround Spinner ultimate also needs a rework. Its damage is weak and the cc is unreliable and if it doesnt work we are stuck in the animation and cant get out in time to grab the enemy or run away.

Posted

Ok, first what stats do you have, and what stats does the witch have? What levels are you both?

My stats are 338/157 and witch's 262/114.
I'm lvl 57 and he's 56

Posted (edited)

I'm lvl 57 and he's 56

if you can't melt that witch just by looking at her with 338 AP, you're doing something very, very wrong.

How do you even have 338?

Edited by Danjiano

Posted

He added awakening and non awakening together...

1 person likes this

Posted

That's... not how it works.

2 people like this

Posted

you can't trust someone who gives his stats that way.

Burn him, the heretic!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm lvl 57 and he's 56

:thinking:

Posted

Looks like +15 armor, needle and 15/ pri awakening and main hand.

Posted

Except Tamer isnt very weak. Get some AP and DP cause those are very low stats lmao and learn how to play your class or reroll.

Posted

Even at 200/300 I'm close to be a one/two shorted by witches.

Posted

It that extra magic damage ಠ_ಠ

Posted

It that extra magic damage ಠ_ಠ

Yup...Witches (not sure about Wiz?) get a 20AP magic attack passive. Tamers appear to take more damage from magic attacks. Combine the two and it is a pain.

Posted (edited)

if you can't melt that witch just by looking at her with 338 AP, you're doing something very, very wrong.

How do you even have 338?

That's Main AP and DP combined and 157 is the Awakening AP

Except Tamer isnt very weak. Get some AP and DP cause those are very low stats lmao and learn how to play your class or reroll.

I'm trying all the time >.<

Looks like +15 armor, needle and 15/ pri awakening and main hand.

Pri armor, +15 needle, tri awakening. Still enhancing but my AP/DP shouldn't be too low for a life skiller

Edited by Onoderane

Posted (edited)

Are we  playing the same game? DP doesnt mean anything in PvP. You get one shoted by 200ap rangers and witches or 2 shoted by Sorcs while completely CCed  with 200 or 300 DP all the same.....  the only thing that can help tamers come out their CC alive with 10-20% HP is sacrificing 20AP for an evasion offhand.

Edited by Gwynbleys

Posted

one thing I will say about both witch/wizards is that they have so many hits and the animations are so long that even on a ninja that can side step/fwd guard (not as op as warriors) can still get CC'd in small gaps because of the amount of hits and how long animations last. 

lastly, they just got awakening and they will get balanced, it takes a while but KashKao likes to milk.

Posted

tamer is one of the best classes out there. if you think it's weak, just reroll already.

Posted

Yet another thread where baddies rekted by tamers are gathering to say how strong the class is. I ll tell you, if we all rerolled to warrior, you would all regret it :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yet another thread where baddies rekted by tamers are gathering to say how strong the class is. I ll tell you, if we all rerolled to warrior, you would all regret it :)

They get rekt by the top 1% tamers in 1v1, claims everywhere Tamer are op and skip the 99% of the Tamer they one shot with 1 hand looking netflix.

2 people like this

Posted

They get rekt by the top 1% tamers in 1v1, claims everywhere Tamer are op and skip the 99% of the Tamer they one shot with 1 hand looking netflix.

it's laughable how often this actually happens.just yesterday my guildie was telling me how op my class is because we can *one shot*,and i was like *which class doesn't one shot?*no matter how much we complain and explain to people how much tamers suck,they will still argue that tamers are op because they lost in 1v1 to some tamer with brains.

6 people like this

Posted

Even at 200/300 I'm close to be a one/two shorted by witches.

your joking right?????????????????????????