• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Buff the tamer   408 votes

1. 1. Should tamer be buffed?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

200 posts in this topic

Posted

I find it hilarious when i c bigandshiny Ring on rbf. I tried to kill him the other day with 246 and did nothing, then he did 1 skill and 90% of my hp was gone and he says "I'm going afk for a sec". I turned around and left for an easier victim xD

That's discouraging me even more from playing my tamer :( if that is the actual potential of high ap tamers. Though it sounds like he had SA up, wizards seems to have damage reduction on all their SA but I'm pretty sure we don't for some reason. It doesn't help that our main opportunity window to do our combo is like every 13s when spinner is off cd and even when we do it it's very high risk. Oh well, I'm levelling a 200AP wizard at 57 and a lot of other high end tamers I know are quitting, rerolling to DK. I'll be happy to no longer care about the state of tamers. Ded class inc xD 

Posted

For one he stacks evasion...

2.. Hes lv 62

3..have killed him many times in rbf with less ap.. He's not some unkillable god sneaking up or waiting till he uses a skill thats already on cooldown or he runs out of spells is the easyest way to take hum down.  -_-

Posted

I'm levelling a 200AP wizard at 57 and a lot of other high end tamers I know are quitting, rerolling to DK. I'll be happy to no longer care about the state of tamers. Ded class inc xD 

I am curious to hear this from tamer player... How's your wizard performance @ lvl57 with 200AP compared to lets say lvl60 tamer with 210AP PVE grind speed vise and in mass PVP ?

Posted

I am curious to hear this from tamer player... How's your wizard performance @ lvl57 with 200AP compared to lets say lvl60 tamer with 210AP PVE grind speed vise and in mass PVP ?

I have not read guides or consulted pro wizards but it seems all you need is 3 abilities on rotation, the down f fire nuke, toilet flush and water pistol so it is very easy to grind with. One toilet flush can kill all pirate mobs except crazy jacks and the other abilities do slightly less. The black spirit down f wipes all mobs that it hits in one hit. Compared to my tamer with tet weapons it probably clears about the same maybe slightly faster but the best thing is that it's very low APM. 

PVP wise I have almost no experience, except 5 mans at pirates have flagged up on me for no reason, I just juke around and wait for 100% and nuke them one shot several people lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our class shaped out to be a defensive class that relies on cc combos rather than glass cannon spikes. Its all well and good in 1v1 but in gvg its much easier for the more mobile classes to go in, burst, go out, repeat. We are ani-canceling to survive and losing chunks of damage.

Don't try to 1vx like a Ninja or Sorc and you'll be fine.

Posted (edited)

This topic got too long.

Here are the pros and cons to Tamer:

PvP

Pros:

- Tamer can reach full cc immunity with correct skill rotation.

Cons:

- Yes it is harder to do than half of the other classes.

Pros:

- Tamer can be 3 sec invulnerable with 6 sec cd.

Cons:

- Yes it is hard to be done

Pros

- Tamer has CC immune combo that can delete 1-2 characters for up to 2 seconds.

Cons

- Yes other characters has better aoe kit and can delete up to 10 characters for the same time.

Pros:

- Tamer is one of the most mobile classes in the fight, which allows him to be where she needs to be on the time she is needed.

Cons:

- It requires a lot of skill to be done.

Pros:

- Tamer is too squishy for melee class. Yes , but if you are good enough you can be pretty much unkillable and effective at the same time.

Cons:

- Ultra hard to be done :)

So to summarize everything:

Pros: Tamer is really good character and can be played everywhere.

Cons: Tamer is one of the hardest class in game , and requires a lot of effort and skills to master.

Basically if there are a tier system , Tamer should be around tier B or A- .

Basically you cant call a character with such potential - weak. She is just hard and definitely not for noobs.

And yet tamer is the Glass Canon class in BDO and as all Glass cannon classes in all games , she -----s noobs and even decent players with just basic skill rotation. But once you face some really formidable opponents , it gets really hard.

GL.

Edited by rximmortal
5 people like this

Posted

nah bigandshiny was standing in a corner and as soon as I jumped in with moonlight and did all the combo (which all my cc failed to connect) he turned around and almost 1 shot me,

Posted

Still want to get my Tamer to Lvl 58. But finding out that a Witch/Wiz can basically clear mobs twice as fast with 30 AP less discouraged me rather quickly from attending that goal.

PvP is fun, fast paced and challenging but simply way less effective compared to my 2-Button class aka Witch. The discrepancy between them makes it feel like you're basically playing 2 different games.

So for now Tamer will be my Kutum slave, which is really unfortunate.

Posted

Getting your Tamer to 59 makes a big difference.

Posted

61 makes a big difference as well

Posted

61 makes a big difference as well

I'm struggling to grind enough to 60 nevermind 61!

Posted

Well, yesterday I was dueling with an awakened witch who has like much much much lover AP/DP than me but he almost one shot me! And my AP/DP is much higher than his but I didn't do any damage like wth! SERIOUSLY?

Found your problem.  Tamer isn't weak, Witch is just OP af and needs to be nerfed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Found your problem.  Tamer isn't weak, Witch is just OP af and needs to be nerfed.

But what about all the other classes that out grinds/ out sustains/ brings more utility/ has safer combos than Tamers? Isn't the definition of being underpowered, performing worse than the norm under the same circumstances(read gear score)?

Also, I completely agree with needing to nerf witches. And wizards. And warriors.

Posted

mmm i can taste the salt

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

But what about all the other classes that out grinds/ out sustains/ brings more utility/ has safer combos than Tamers? Isn't the definition of being underpowered, performing worse than the norm under the same circumstances(read gear score)?

Tamers are one of the easiest classes in the game to grind with... I'm not entirely familiar with Tamer sustain, and utility seems subjective, but I am familiar with Tamer damage, which is very high per AP.

Tamer is probably the most complex class to play, but it has the damage output and the defensive abilities to be strong as hell without needing an astronomical gearscore which would make any class strong.

When the easiest class for you to kill is your own class, then you can say that your class is probably underpowered.

Edited by Velexia

Posted

Tamers are one of the easiest classes in the game to grind with... I'm not entirely familiar with Tamer sustain, and utility seems subjective, but I am familiar with Tamer damage, which is very high per AP.

Tamer is probably the most complex class to play, but it has the damage output and the defensive abilities to be strong as hell without needing an astronomical gearscore which would make any class strong.

When the easiest class for you to kill is your own class, then you can say that your class is probably underpowered.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. Easiest class to grind with? Compared to what? And what does "easy" mean next to the efficiency of Witch/Wiz/Sorc who all out clear us with ease?

And I agree that Tamer is superduper complex, but yet again, it's irrelevant when what you're looking for is results meaning fast clearing of mobs and players while doing so safely.
It's no secret we're lacking in both of those areas compared to aforementioned witch/wiz/warrior. And regarding the damage output and defensive capabilities, you are surely 
referring to small scaled fights and or 1v1's, (and that's fine - but it's not what everyone wants to do - and some classes have those capabilities as well as being threats in large scale) because we sure as hell don't have the kit to match up and perform in a 100v100 scenario.

Posted

I don't really want to pour any more salt into this. Tamer is definitely the most fun class to play in the whole game. Yet, I think your argument of high dmg per AP is invalid. My main is a Tamer and I have a lvl 56 (!) Witch twink. She grinds Sausans as fast as my 3 lvls higher Tamer, and she has 50 AP less than my Tamer. Now I wonder what you're talking about.. I love my Tamer. But that fact doesn't act against the frustration which I feel when playing my Witch.

Posted

Tamer is lagging behind in places like Sausans and Pirates because we don't have any good spammable dash like most other classes and our aoe is small so we have to wait for them to pile wasting time. But we shine in Pila Ku with meater mobs and where our double pull shine, I outgrind rangers in musa in my guild there with 25 less AP then them.

Posted (edited)

I don't really want to pour any more salt into this. Tamer is definitely the most fun class to play in the whole game. Yet, I think your argument of high dmg per AP is invalid. My main is a Tamer and I have a lvl 56 (!) Witch twink. She grinds Sausans as fast as my 3 lvls higher Tamer, and she has 50 AP less than my Tamer. Now I wonder what you're talking about.. I love my Tamer. But that fact doesn't act against the frustration which I feel when playing my Witch.

When you are comparing against Witch, of course your Tamer is going to feel inferior.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124919-how-come-tamer-is-so-weak/&do=findComment&comment=1900985

Edited by Velexia

Posted (edited)

tamer is crap at pve and the only thing somewhat carrying in places like pila ku/aakman is the extra pull, other than that - the rest classes can do just as good/better in any other area 

tamer is crap at pvp because of an ability is 80 frames or so then only 60 or 70 of those are iframe or SA which makes it impossible to play. It doesn't matter if you're a god the class is just broken and the stupid design plus our servers make it literally impossible, even for a machine/robot to play because the timing on everything is always different (Cus of desync and latency and net code)  

i do pet Q > wep swap block > get hit in between, only 30% of the time tho cause it works the other 70% of the time. I wonder when there's a gap between the blocks for someone to hit me and i wonder how come the guy timed exactly that one milisecond to do so? on his screen i was prolly just sitting in Q. Oh wait, i know i was, cause ive spoken to a friend who ive duelled and i know how this laggy bs appears on their screen

echo pierce, lbp both partial SA and there seem to be vulnerable frames in all skills but the thing is i can't even tell how much of it is desync and how much of it is just shitty design because the class works half of the time and then it doesn't work the other half of the time. You can enter the same encounter 10 times in a row, do the same actions 10 times in a row and have different outcome every single time 

you cant spell tamer without "desync", they're linked more than any other 2 classes are because also of the design of tamer. Its disheartening and demotivating and depressing for people (like me) that have put insane amount of time in the class and that also still enjoy it after all this time, the only thing is that it doesnt matter how much i enjoy the class - i hate dying unfairly/when i dont deserve to die and i dont want to accept this 

also 61 doesnt give you any extra evasion compared to 60 so i doubt 62 gives you anything so don't spread bs, wizards are just insanely tanky because as someone said their SA seems to reduce damage(?) while tamer one does not, just another way in which tamer is cucked in comparison to others.

and another thing, you arent even a tamer until you get 61, the rank on fire staff on 61 makes the class completely different and much better than before and its almost required to play.. but it won't fix your life so don't even bother. Just reroll or mount a crusade to PA/Kakao until they do something about this. Why can't they just give working abilities like other classes have? 

also there seems to be a way/bug (whatever it is) to active non-iframe staff dodges even when they're not on cooldown which often gets me killed and i don't know how to prevent this. Often happens after pole jump where you dodge with both iframes and it just ends the shame butterfly dodge instead 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

tamer is crap at pve and the only thing somewhat carrying in places like pila ku/aakman is the extra pull, other than that - the rest classes can do just as good/better in any other area 

tamer is crap at pvp because of an ability is 80 frames or so then only 60 or 70 of those are iframe or SA which makes it impossible to play. It doesn't matter if you're a god the class is just broken and the stupid design plus our servers make it literally impossible, even for a machine/robot to play because the timing on everything is always different (Cus of desync and latency and net code)  

i do pet Q > wep swap block > get hit in between, only 30% of the time tho cause it works the other 70% of the time. I wonder when there's a gap between the blocks for someone to hit me and i wonder how come the guy timed exactly that one milisecond to do so? on his screen i was prolly just sitting in Q. Oh wait, i know i was, cause ive spoken to a friend who ive duelled and i know how this laggy bs appears on their screen

echo pierce, lbp both partial SA and there seem to be vulnerable frames in all skills but the thing is i can't even tell how much of it is desync and how much of it is just shitty design because the class works half of the time and then it doesn't work the other half of the time. You can enter the same encounter 10 times in a row, do the same actions 10 times in a row and have different outcome every single time 

you cant spell tamer without "desync", they're linked more than any other 2 classes are because also of the design of tamer. Its disheartening and demotivating and depressing for people (like me) that have put insane amount of time in the class and that also still enjoy it after all this time, the only thing is that it doesnt matter how much i enjoy the class - i hate dying unfairly/when i dont deserve to die and i dont want to accept this 

also 61 doesnt give you any extra evasion compared to 60 so i doubt 62 gives you anything so don't spread bs, wizards are just insanely tanky because as someone said their SA seems to reduce damage(?) while tamer one does not, just another way in which tamer is cucked in comparison to others.

and another thing, you arent even a tamer until you get 61, the rank on fire staff on 61 makes the class completely different and much better than before and its almost required to play.. but it won't fix your life so don't even bother. Just reroll or mount a crusade to PA/Kakao until they do something about this. Why can't they just give working abilities like other classes have? 

also there seems to be a way/bug (whatever it is) to active non-iframe staff dodges even when they're not on cooldown which often gets me killed and i don't know how to prevent this. Often happens after pole jump where you dodge with both iframes and it just ends the shame butterfly dodge instead 

PHOTO: A view from the Salt Lake, July 16, 2015, in Aksaray, Turkey.

I'm struggling to grind enough to 60 nevermind 61!

lol i was joking 59-60 youll notice a big difference in damage on any class.

Posted

Grinding with tamer is easy but easy ≠ fast

Posted

Grinding with tamer is easy but easy ≠ fast

thats because grinding in bdo is easy in general,

grinding with tamer isn't "easy" in comparison to other classes. Other classes have better hitboxes and mana/stamina recovery skills while tamer has to use echo pierce for mana which is crap

Posted

thats because grinding in bdo is easy in general,

grinding with tamer isn't "easy" in comparison to other classes. Other classes have better hitboxes and mana/stamina recovery skills while tamer has to use echo pierce for mana which is crap

Echo pierce, yeah.  Also pole thrust while in Void Lightning, and Beast Rampage.  Though I'm sure you're aware and simply believe they aren't good enough, which is fine.

Posted

Git gud or go home