• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

You think this might be the next WoW?

108 posts in this topic

Posted

As in ugly, old and used by many people? O_o .. rude!

You got me chef!

Posted

No this will never be a wow game

Posted

I thought this troll would be obvious but look at all the bites.

Posted

WoW was an anomaly, the planets aligned and everything fell into place at the right time. If it hadn't been WoW it would have been something else. Who knows. MMO's have become a household name now, and with that the mass majority of players, who's first experience of online gaming was WoW, have migrated to the other thousand other games now out there. 

WoW was the seed that sprouted the MMO revolution, and the roots are so deep that the saplings that have sprouted from it over the years will always be overshadowed by the behemoth, until it dies of old age or is eventually felled.

1 person likes this

Posted

You think this might be the next WoW?

tumblr_mdny9iIqtS1racybko1_250.gif

Posted

I hope not. >.<

Agreed. The last 3 years I've played of GW2 on and off consists of the developers actively working against everything I did. The game lacks a road map and the developers do whatever they want whenever they want without thinking about any repercussions. 

It's brutal playing a game like that long term, so I hope BDO isn't like that.

Posted

im guessing you are referring to popularity and user count. as that is how most games are compared.

if so, absolutely not. 

this will not reach the level of WoW's popularity.

Posted

The attention whore's best tool. Just go into game a chatroom or forum and fart a sentence with the word WOW in it. Can't believe it still works after almost 20 years. Someone should really do a study (no thanks lulz). Srsly tho... #neverfailsO.o

1 person likes this

Posted

A WoW replacement? Not a chance.

A MMO you would play for a while? Anything is possible.

I hope not too, i stopped playying it after i preordered and got 2 heroes to lvl 70 :<

the zergfest pvp, boring world, repetitive activities got me bored to death.

Hey hey now. If there's one thing WoW does great is that the world is not boring.  Everything else went ezmode though.

Posted

no.

Posted

So i have been looking for a WoW replacment for years, Something new, You think BDO has a chance at it (at least for US/EU)?

No because wow is already dead... playing wow is like kicking a dead horse...

Posted

Blizzard has a different definition of mmo; otherwise, they can do it best with their unparalleled resources.

however, the success of Black Desert is beyond doubt.

Posted

God I hope not. WoW is one of the reasons why all these mmos are completed within a months worth of playing. 

Posted

Considering today's bad economy, no one company can win all the market(including blizzard). Black desert is a successful one for an unique market segment of WE. 

Posted (edited)

With my new pc which I got last year in may my standards have sort of increased. Before I was satisfied with finding an mmorpg whose gameplay was fun to me. But now graphics that dont fit my likings are a big turn off for me. This is why I would never play something like wow as my main game, I might have gotten into it years ago, but there the situation was reversed because my PC was way too bad. I think I'm not the only one with such an attitude and hence I bet BDO will draw the attention of many players with its graphics alone.

Even blade and soul is on the edge of what still looks okay and what looks bad to me, so as an MMORPG you really gotta deliver like BDO to even get me really committed for an MMORPG again.

This applies to MMORPGs and not nessecarily other games and also as a reminder I was adressing graphics.

Considering today's bad economy, no one company can win all the market(including blizzard). Black desert is a successful one for an unique market segment of WE. 

WE?

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3

Posted (edited)

Seen this question many times before. Is it the next WoW or is it a WoW killer.

I left WoW due to having to do all the same stuff over and over again.

Please stop flogging this dead horse pls.

unknown.gif

Edited by greymatter00

Posted

fuck-this-thread-im-out.gif.gif

Posted

A WoW replacement? Not a chance.

A MMO you would play for a while? Anything is possible.

Hey hey now. If there's one thing WoW does great is that the world is not boring.  Everything else went ezmode though.

were talkingf about guildwars 2...

Posted

BDO is what it is, they have been upfront with what the game contains. comparing an old game like WOW which is a shadow of its former self is not compatible. The fact is, BDO will attract and likely keep a crowd of people that like this type of gameplay and for those that don't like it will leave. There are a lot of turn offs that some people wont like with BDO that have played WOW.

To be honest BDO is what I am looking for in an MMO, will there be some things I will have to get used to, sure, but its not going to have me quiting. :)

Posted (edited)

No.

Edited by Vilescere

Posted

There won't ever be another WoW the genre itself is in decline and quite frankly, we don't need another WoW.

Posted

WoW is easy mode to end game, and then you need to collect points to get 1 set of armor. Once you have your 1 set of armor you can join groups to help you collect pieces of much greater armor or you can go pvp route in which you do exactly what you did to get your first "Good" armor, except you'll just keep getting cooler armor. 

BDO has a lot more depth from what I've gathered. It seems more like a game that has focused on being great everywhere, rather than just leveling up and beating a few dungeons end game. 

I'm coming to this game with a completely different mindset than I ever have towards any mmo i've played. 

really really excited. 

Posted (edited)

I certainly hope not. I despise WoW. Played for about 1 hour years ago and never went back. I hope Black Desert Online is Black Desert Online.

Edited by Communion

Posted

ha, it wishes 

Posted

Nope!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0