• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do Rangers really use Bows?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings all!

So i keep hearing Rangers actually use Bow even after Awakening. Is that realyl so? I pesonally rolled the class for the cool awakening. Or is it just slightly faster with bow? I realy dont want to waste 2-3 days nonstop farming on getting trough 53-56 only to get dissapointed.

1 person likes this

Posted

most of the awakenings use both their weapon sets and abilities switching between them during combat. there isnt realy a class that can stay in only ONE all day if they want to be optimal.  

Posted

most of the awakenings use both their weapon sets and abilities switching between them during combat. there isnt realy a class that can stay in only ONE all day if they want to be optimal.  

Som classes can stay awakened longer and be optimal :D

Posted

Som classes can stay awakened longer and be optimal :D

examples ?

Posted (edited)

examples ?

Maehwa ,Musa and Warrior off the top of of my head lol  Musa and Maehwa would probably want some bow CC or to chase faster. and warrior for his pre-awakening mobility / grab.Aside from that, I see those classes awakened the most

Edited by Tvvin
typo

Posted

For PvE grinding, the awakening weapon clears faster. I would say at 56, shotgun spam is still pretty good (assuming you are using extraction crystals and mp isn't a problem), but as you get higher level, the damage output of the awakening skills just become much better compared to bow. Currently for PvE grinding, I pretty much never use the bow unless I'm grinding lower level mobs (mediah and lower).

For PvP, you use both depending on the situation.

From what I have seen and heard from others, this pretty much applies to most/all classes.

Posted

I used bow alot when it come to pvp.. In rbf tearing arrows get me more kills than awakening

Posted (edited)

For grind you're most likely better off with awakening and spam Waltz(depending on your gear). For pvp its more or less 50/50 imo.

S+LFB+Q for range knockdown if lucky enough.

Q+camlock I use pretty frequently when chasing someone or getting space between someone whilst being offensive(someones chasing you for example).

Then there is the Breezy->Grab->A+C or D+C->WotW->(if not already dead)Shotgun.

Even tho most of the heavy burst damage is from awakening bow is fun and effective too :)

Edited by memer

Posted

Maehwa ,Musa and Warrior off the top of of my head lol  Musa and Maehwa would probably want some bow CC or to chase faster. and warrior for his pre-awakening mobility / grab.Aside from that, I see those classes awakened the most

kuno, ninja 

almost all classes stay in awakened form, some classes may use a skill or two from their main weapon, but no one really combos and uses their old skills and play styles apart from the ranger 

Posted

kuno, ninja 

almost all classes stay in awakened form, some classes may use a skill or two from their main weapon, but no one really combos and uses their old skills and play styles apart from the ranger 

No good Ninja will stay in awakened form. Only trash Ninjas do that.

Posted

No good Ninja will stay in awakened form. Only trash Ninjas do that.

Using awakened - only can work fine. But our base skill-set offers viable skills like blade spin, sudical fall (grab), shuriken skills , beheading the dead ect that makes us much bette

kuno, ninja 

I think tamer still needs her base like ninja (shinobi and kunoich) right?

Posted

You rolled a ranged class for the melee awakening? /facepalm

Posted

Ranger is more like an assassin/ninja than the actual ninja class... xD

Posted

the longbow damage is garbage until you start hitting the upper echelons of gear (like 220ap+) so you might as well stick to awakening and use longbow to kite people with blasting gust, descending current to pepper people in node wars or shotgun/wotw to finish people who are super low if all your high damage skills are on cooldown (which is very unlikely)

Posted

the longbow damage is garbage until you start hitting the upper echelons of gear (like 220ap+) so you might as well stick to awakening and use longbow to kite people with blasting gust, descending current to pepper people in node wars or shotgun/wotw to finish people who are super low if all your high damage skills are on cooldown (which is very unlikely)

I usually finish with wotw/shotgun because the awakening skils are too close to opponent, so they can grab you or cc you. But using longbow skills will give you a distance so they cant catch you right away. Although, I agree that awakening skills do a lot more damage compared to longbow skills, but using longbow skills are more like a tactical decision depending on the pvp situation. Ranged skills are no longer important as damage, but as survival, kiting and cc-starter (ranged knockdown). 

Posted

Greetings all!

So i keep hearing Rangers actually use Bow even after Awakening. Is that realyl so? I pesonally rolled the class for the cool awakening. Or is it just slightly faster with bow? I realy dont want to waste 2-3 days nonstop farming on getting trough 53-56 only to get dissapointed.

Yes.... Its like 70% Bow, 30% Awakening

Posted

Greetings all!

no they use 2 skills thats all

Posted

Our strongest burst comes from sword skills (grab+tremble). Dash is also a sword skill. However, a good ranger will switch between the two forms to make the most use of their kit. 

With that said, you won't get any useful ranged skills from bow form. It ends up being melee sword + mid-ranged bow.

Posted

Our strongest burst comes from sword skills (grab+tremble). Dash is also a sword skill. However, a good ranger will switch between the two forms to make the most use of their kit. 

With that said, you won't get any useful ranged skills from bow form. It ends up being melee sword + mid-ranged bow.

I would say this is true depending on what class you are meeting I feel like meeting some classes favor a more bow focused play such as zerkers and others like sorcs favor a sword focused play.

Posted (edited)

No Ranger uses his bow anymore unless they're ridiculously stacked on AP. Or to spam DC.

Or when you forget your Awakening weapon durability is RIP and already pulled a group of mobs I guess?

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

For pve you clear mobs faster in awakened form. Durability becomes an issue so it's not bad to throw some bow skills in as well. 

For pvp I guess it depends on playstyle. Some rangers may go 60:40 or 70:30 in favor of awakening stance. They might Have a playstyle closer to what a musa is like via dashing around until able to take advantage of regeneration or natures tremble. I personally go 70:30 in favor of bow because I want to utilize my range. Only when people get close do I go daggers and go for a counter

Edited by Rilok

Posted

rangers are one of the classes that can honestly use both weapons about as equally as eachother, most other classes only use their non awakened weapon for utility.

i.e. witch/wiz mostly use staff for heals/buffs , warriors use sword for mobility/grab, zerks use axes for grabs/heals. 

Posted

rangers are one of the classes that can honestly use both weapons about as equally as eachother, most other classes only use their non awakened weapon for utility.

i.e. witch/wiz mostly use staff for heals/buffs , warriors use sword for mobility/grab, zerks use axes for grabs/heals. 

Ranger uses bow equaly as awakened, erhm not.

Bow no damages and if u start using it your ennemy will rush your face, because everybody knows how a bow is OP "Kappa".

But yea lets all reroll wizz/witch at least weapon switch gives something, oh wait, 80% already did.

Reroll time for rangers to be somehow effective beside pve?

Posted

except theres plenty of good rangers that are using both. its  FACT that rangers are one of the few classes that are using their primary for damage even some of the time.

Posted

except theres plenty of good rangers that are using both. its  FACT that rangers are one of the few classes that are using their primary for damage even some of the time.

It's true, but it's only wotw that is the "primary" damage in bow form. Also, blasting gust + shotgun are for finishers or distanced damage because being close might get you grabbed. These three skills are highly used among pro rangers, and is necessary to be a good ranger. I play a lot of pvp and I use bow a lot, but again it depends on how the pvp situation escalates. I did a lot of training/pvp with other pro rangers and it is almost impossible to win a fight without bow stance, unless you play against someone with totally lower gear/lvl/pvp-experience. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's 50/50 bow and awakening, but it's really close, like 40/60. Rangers using almost only awakening form are very easy to kill imo.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0