• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why you don't talk?

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Title. Noticing too many people activating PvP without a word, sometimes they're the ones that comes in your zone or just arrived and then try to scare you out.
Is this why you cry about Karmabomb, EXP penalty and such?

Edited by Grevier
6 people like this

Posted

Exp w/e bonus renders negotiations and good behavior pointless. It is kill or be killed. Exp is like a drug, the more u get the more u need. And u wiil do anything to get it.

Posted

Because..... "Humans"..... you know? ^_^

2 people like this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

Yep, that part of the conversation is always conveniently left out, when some consistently play " the victim of abuse" role. 

Posted

MMOs (and BDO is no exception) tend to attract some truly "fabulous" individuals lately. Though, there ARE indeed some actually fabulous persons around, thank goodness. Wish there was a way to purge the "fabulous" kind away...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

MMOs (and BDO is no exception) tend to attract some truly "fabulous" individuals lately. Though, there ARE indeed some actually fabulous persons around, thank goodness. Wish there was a way to purge the "fabulous" kind away...

0bb875ac490c7dff7b75957bff81d5e9.jpg

They don't like it when shoe is on the other foot though. CRnZc_SWUAEDSpT.png

Edited by Beeso

Posted

Yep, that part of the conversation is always conveniently left out, when some consistently play " the victim of abuse" role. 

Lol.  Yep.  many of the anti karma suiciders pretend that they are the innocent victims.

Posted

Think because it doesn't really work to say "spot taken" if it's someones there already lol. So they just flag up instantly, to see if it works.

Some players do leave if they get PK'ed, because non-consensual PvP and flaming makes them feel uncomfortable and ruins their good evening.

And yes, even if you been at a spot for 3 hours, if you refuse to leave after dying in PvP, you're a filthy karma bomber. This according to the almighty parliament and higher PvP council of BDO. Only one allowed way to sort out a grind spot dispute, that's with PvP. 

But there are 2 different viewpoints after that. Some think it's acceptable to call the entire guild to win the spot. As long as the method used is PvP, anything is acceptable even zerging. The other side feels only a proper 1v1 is allowed to settle grind spot conflicts.

Meanwhile like 90% of the BDO population doesn't care about these "rules" at all. Or only when it suits them. The very second a significantly stronger player shows up, they have no problems at all running back 55 millions times attacking the same mobs. But when the competition is some undergeared artisan horse trainer, you bet they cry like mad about karma bombing.

8 people like this

Posted

What I don't get though is the spawns are so quick and the areas so large that generally someone else in your area doesn't make too much difference - some yes of course but generally not much.

I do think people should give you a chance to party up or move on but sadly too many just flag and kill before you even have a chance to fight back or move on.

It is an adult game though I suppose. I suspect though that these individuals are the ones complaining about RNG because they just have to have that extra couple of AP/DP and then break their gear when they try to upgrade.

2 people like this

Posted

Not speaking in regards to saying a spot is occupied or anything, but I'll generally PvP without saying anything because speaking after and before killing someone is usually just trash talk or rp.

If I flag up to kill someone, which isn't super frequent, anyone over the age of 10 should have the logic to understand the reason to be honest.

Posted

If I'm grinding I'm already in a bad mood, I ain't gonna take the effort to type out why you should leave. I'm just going to kill you, over, and over, and over again.

Then when I'm negative I'm going to have an epiphany, and keep killing you. Because you have no hope of killing me. 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I show up to grind spots and kill pole until it's empty. I could pretend like I have some sort of justification but I don't. I accept fair punishment for it, but this shit is outrageous.

i don't mind losing 2% exp but my gems are a deal breaker

Edited by Undeadmerlin

Posted

To be for reals though when I get to full TET/PEN many months from now, no fooks will be given, I will walk into an area exclaim "I'm the captain now!" And kill everyone, if someone beats me cool, I move on, if not, suck a duck.  But keep in mind the spot belongs to no one, its just temporarily occupied by the strongest player there.

Posted (edited)

To be for reals though when I get to full TET/PEN many months from now, no fooks will be given, I will walk into an area exclaim "I'm the captain now!" And kill everyone, if someone beats me cool, I move on, if not, suck a duck.  But keep in mind the spot belongs to no one, its just temporarily occupied by the strongest player there.

iamthecaptain.png

Classic, I remember watching this movie going, "yea I guess he's the captain now..."

Edited by Zephyrsong

Posted

But keep in mind the spot belongs to no one, its just temporarily occupied by the strongest player there.

Here is somebody that gets it

1 person likes this

Posted

Because if I can kill you easily and I want the rotation, I'll try to take it.

That said, I almost always ask for party before I start rolling faces.

Honestly, it is usually a test to see if they can one-shot you. I rarely ever jump someone unless I've watched them and can estimate ap based on clear speed. If they're clearing slow I'll be much more inclined to try to kick rather than ask for invite.

And then you get the crazy-geared players who will kick me. Circle of grind.

But keep in mind the spot belongs to no one, its just temporarily occupied by the strongest player there.

This is exactly what people mean when they say it is "their" spot. No one actually believes that a spot belongs to someone else. At best saying "taken" can mean someone else goes elsewhere. At worst? they attack you like they would anyway. What players are saying is, "I'm doing this rotation, please don't screw it up for me" if we wanted to translate into polite.

There is something to be said that possession is 9/10ths of ownership.

Posted

I don't know why is it so hard to udnerstand, when i find someone better geared than me, or that i can't kill after 3-4 tries, i just leave, pointless to stay, and if i kill them i expect the same behaviour (lots of them still do it tho, smart people).

Posted

are you upset because you're not getting salt from karma bombing? 

Posted

Title. Noticing too many people activating PvP without a word, sometimes they're the ones that comes in your zone or just arrived and then try to scare you out.

"Acts speak louder than words"

Sometimes there's room for talking, sometimes it's that Xth guy and attempts to speak with all the ones before him failed so you don't bother anymore, sometimes you just want things done a way and not the other, etc etc etc.

I'm more wondering why people feel so offended when others flag on them without talking.

Posted (edited)

lol. Thats a Genghis Khan quote

Quotation-Genghis-Khan-The-Greatest-Happ

MTE4MDAzNDEwNTM0NDk5ODU0.jpg

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted (edited)

That's a nice little speech but it's a shame your mental defect make you unable to type your boasting taunts in game to fellow human players.

When it takes you to monopolize your entire mental faculties to wave in your neighbor's general direction every morning a ''?'' is the best you can do in game to address the outraged laments of your opponent. Not that I'm not guilty of it.

Edited by Dividiacus

Posted

lol I feel ya man. A warrior went straight up to me while I was grinding last night and flagged up. No warning, text... Nothing.

He died though lol

Posted

Exp w/e bonus renders negotiations and good behavior pointless. It is kill or be killed. Exp is like a drug, the more u get the more u need. And u wiil do anything to get it.

hqdefault.thumb.jpg.30d0deb8ee3d8c925622

Posted

Its cooler if you don't talk about it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0