• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone open a Shiny Box yet?

Anyone open a Shiny Box yet?   229 votes

1. 1. If so, what did you get?

• Ring of Crescent Guardian
    • Basilisk's Belt
    • Tungrade Earring
    • Ogre Ring

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
BlackDesert64-2016-12-09-16-17-06-695.th

• Lavientia’s Shiny Box
    • Recipe
      • bMucrgu.png
      • 10x Lavientia’s Splendid Box + 10x Ancient Pearl
    • Open to obtain one of the following
      • Basilisk’s Belt
      • Tungrade Earring
      • Ogre Ring

See the official event thread for more information.

Also, I did the math on page 2 of that thread if anyone's interested:

I don't know if anyone else has done the math on this, but I don't see it anywhere in the thread. So, maybe it'll make someone's life a little easier...

The event runs from December 7th to January 4th but realistically let's assume our dates are December 8th through January 3rd, just to be on the safe side. With that in mind, we receive 2 Ancient Pearls per day, with 26 days from December 8th to January 3rd. That's a total of 52 Ancient Pearls. Assuming we want a Shiny Box (and we should) that means we'll have to spend 30 of those Ancient Pearls creating 10 Splendid Boxes, and another 10 to create the Shiny Box - 40 Ancient Pearls total. That leaves 12 Ancient Pearls. From start to finish we could have created 17.333 Splendid Boxes (if we didn't want a Shiny Box); however, since we'll assume that we do then we can only make 14. 10 will be used for the Shiny Box and the remaining 4 are extras to open for some RNG rewards. So it's easier to see all of that information at just a glance I've condensed it below:

Dec 8th - Jan 3rd: 26 days
Ancient Pearls: 26×2=52
Splendid Boxes: 17.333 (14, if you want a Shiny Box - 4 extra after the Shiny Box)
Shiny Boxes: 1

Now here's some additional (somewhat less interesting) information: Every day we get 10 silver powder, 5 gold powder, 2 diamonds, 2 ancient pearls, 20 rings. Assuming we stick with out 26 day figure the totals come to 260 silver powder, 130 gold powder, 52 diamonds, 52 ancient pearls, 520 rings.

For all intents and purposes we can just throw away the gold powder. Assuming we only want the Silver Rings we could make 26. We could however create 52 Silver Diamond Rings (assuming we acquired Ring & Silver Powder via other means). They are relatively easy to acquire, but assuming all we do is log in every day then we could create a total of 26 Silver Diamond Rings. Since we need 10-14 of them for Splendid Boxes (10 for Shiny Box and 4 extra) that leaves 12-16 extras to open for RNG rewards. This is of course assuming all we do is log in. Realistically speaking, many players may have somewhere closer to 38-42 extras if they acquire enough Rings and Silver Powder to create Silver Diamond rings with the Diamonds they get from logging in every day.

Silver Rings: 26
Silver Diamond Rings: 26 (52)
Extras: 12-16 (38-42)

edit: It occurs to me that if someone is only logging in without grinding for additional materials then I guess this information could be useful... You could additionally create 13 Gold Rings -> Gold Diamond Rings, only with the login rewards. You could do 26 if you managed to get enough gold powder. If you play then I don't imagine that would be that difficult. It's been ~5 days and I have 117 Gold Powder saved up, having used 10. So if you run out of Silver Powder as your limiting factor when January 3rd rolls around you can just use your excess Diamonds to create 13-26 Gold Diamond Rings instead and open them for RNG rewards.

I know that we can get 1 out of 4 possible things but I'm not so sure it's a 25% chance for each. I suspect the better ones are likely weighted with a lower chance to obtain. So, let's find out! It's not scientific or anything... but we can pretty easily collect some initial data with a forum poll.

I'm only at 10 Splendid boxes and 8 Ancient Pearls at the time of writing this, so I won't get mine until tomorrow. It looks like a lot of people have already been able to get one though, so we may as well go ahead and start watching the results.

Posted

If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
BlackDesert64-2016-12-09-16-17-06-695.th

• Lavientia’s Shiny Box
    • Recipe
      • bMucrgu.png
      • 10x Lavientia’s Splendid Box + 10x Ancient Pearl
      • Basilisk’s Belt
      • Tungrade Earring
      • Ogre Ring

See the official event thread for more information.

Also, I did the math on page 2 of that thread if anyone's interested:

I know that we can get 1 out of 4 possible things but I'm not so sure it's a 25% chance for each. I suspect the better ones are likely weighted with a lower chance to obtain. So, let's find out! It's not scientific or anything... but we can pretty easily collect some initial data with a forum poll.

I'm only at 10 Splendid boxes and 8 Ancient Pearls at the time of writing this, so I won't get mine until tomorrow. It looks like a lot of people have already been able to get one though, so we may as well go ahead and start watching the results.

nah i did the fancy boxes made more value out of them and less risk of being screwed over. as its pretty much same box as last event just renamed

Posted

nah i did the fancy boxes made more value out of them and less risk of being screwed over. as its pretty much same box as last event just renamed

Huh...?

• Lavientia’s Fancy Box
    • Recipe
      • Ygoxp2a.png
      • 10x Lavientia’s Gold Diamond Ring + 10x Ancient Pearl
      • Necklace of Shultz the Gladiator
      • Mark of Shadow
      • Witch’s Earring
      • Serap’s Neckalce

Everything in there's worth like 6-38m (mostly 6-8m) while everything in the Shiny Boxes are worth 38-95m...

Shiny Box: ogre ring: 95m, ring of crescent guardian: 38m, basilisk's belt: 61m, tungrade earring: 86m
Fancy Box: necklace of shultz the gladiator: 8m, mark of shadow: 6m, witch's earring: 8m, serap's necklace: 38m

Worst case scenario with the fancy boxes you'd get 6m×4=24m, from opening 4 of them. Worst case scenario from a shiny box you get 38m.

Posted

Huh...?

• Lavientia’s Fancy Box
    • Recipe
      • Ygoxp2a.png
      • 10x Lavientia’s Gold Diamond Ring + 10x Ancient Pearl
      • Necklace of Shultz the Gladiator
      • Mark of Shadow
      • Witch’s Earring
      • Serap’s Neckalce

Everything in there's worth like 6-38m (mostly 6-8m) while everything in the Shiny Boxes are worth 38-95m...

Shiny Box: ogre ring: 95m, ring of crescent guardian: 38m, basilisk's belt: 61m, tungrade earring: 86m
Fancy Box: necklace of shultz the gladiator: 8m, mark of shadow: 6m, witch's earring: 8m, serap's necklace: 38m

Worst case scenario with the fancy boxes you'd get 6m×4=24m, from opening 4 of them. Worst case scenario from a shiny box you get 38m.

I sure hope he meant to say Splendid.

Posted

I sure hope he meant to say Splendid.

Splendid is like 8/10 crons though.. :S

1 person likes this

Posted

Crescent Guardian everywhere

1 person likes this

Posted

Got myself an Ogre Ring.

Opened 36 Silver Diamonds and 10 Gold Diamonds last night. 3-4 hards/sharps, 3-4 stones, useless stuffs (Cron, etc.), lucky tools x4, horse gear box x5, and a few other odds and ends.

Overall quite happy so far.

Posted

Got an Ogre Ring via soiled when opening a gold diamond ring. I'm sure he meant Splendid earlier too. I've been seriously thinking of going all splendid (pending this poll's results)

Posted

Got an Ogre Ring via soiled when opening a gold diamond ring. I'm sure he meant Splendid earlier too. I've been seriously thinking of going all splendid (pending this poll's results)

I've opened at least 20 silver diamond rings and it was mostly just a bunch of potions (which nobody buys), organic pet food (which I kinda like), and that's pretty much it. I don't think I really got anything of value from those.

Posted (edited)

My best rng so far in bdo.I made a gold diamond ring,opened the gold diamond ring got 1 soiled ogre,opened soiled ogre and got ogre 

Besides that going for fancy box route will open soon

Edited by LinaCrysta

Posted (edited)

I opened yesterday and got Ring of Crescent Guardian- so worse reward from this box :( (I wanted an Ogre Ring :( )

Edited by Lharast

Posted (edited)

I opened yesterday and got Ring of Crescent Guardian- so worse reward from this box :( (I wanted an Ogre Ring :( )

My single roll means nothing, but I did make sure to be at Luck 5 when I got my Ogre Ring from the box.

tinfoilcat.jpg

Edited by Miyanei

Posted

You can open the rings?

Posted

You can open the rings?

Yes ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

You can open the rings?

Only the Diamond ones. The Golden/Silver Rings are equivalent to food/drinks, giving specific buffs on a 30min CD.

Posted

I just opened mine and I got a Tungrade Earring. Can't vote though since it's my own poll.

Posted

I got a Ring of Cresent Guardian from the shiny box.

On the other side I have open 30 gold diamond rings so far. Results are 1 soiled ogre ring, 1 soiled crescent ring & 1 scil's filthy necklace all turn into broken stuff. 1 blue coral earring, 1 golden dagger. A few cron stones and 14 different mix elixiers plus some other stuff.......

Will throw the rest pearls into splendid boxes and the rest diamonds into gold diamond rings.....

Posted

5 people on my guild, myself included we all got crescent xDD

I meant, those that were online the moment we received our last 2 pearls xD

Posted

Crescent here.

Posted

i got the tungrade earring, was pretty anticlimactic 

Posted

bastard belt, i mean basilisk belt

Posted

Posted

Got the ogre ring.