• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Increased drop rate scroll in value pack.

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Add it. The 20% one you are supposed to get through value pack daily ( In mail/ rewards). We need this, JP and KR have it, why don't we have it? ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH VALUE PACK DAILY REWARD NOT PEARL SHOP BS. thanks you.

Posted

I have a better idea. Let's instead remove value packs, one less p2w option.

8 people like this

Posted

value packs are available through marketplace and is mostly ''convenience'' rather than ''p2w'' pls find a better argument

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

You mispelled "Hardly camperable".

Edited by Grevier

Posted

value packs are available through marketplace and is mostly ''convenience'' rather than ''p2w'' pls find a better argument

haha 

4 people like this

Posted

so we have 1 st april?

Posted

Remove yourself from this game if you think that the value pack is pay to win. You have a severely crippled definition of the word.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its an hidden p2w especially when you trade some items ( remove 15-20% tax), increases XP, increases slot, increases 100 LT represent 300+ items  ( it's a huge gain of time when you farm)

2 people like this

Posted

Its an hidden p2w especially when you trade some items ( remove 15-20% tax), increases XP, increases slot, increases 100 LT represent 300+ items  ( it's a huge gain of time when you farm)

Pay to win by DEFINITION would be getting late game items instantly. You can not do that in this game, it only makes that easier. Any and every MMO has something in their cash shop that has something similar. If this fits into your category of pay 2 win, do what I said previously and remove yourself and your wrong opinion. This is pay for convenience. Learn the difference.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pay to win by DEFINITION would be getting late game items instantly.

There is no definition for pay to win. It's a made up term that can mean everything, as it is different for each player.

Some people consider everything that isn't purely cosmetic as P2W already, whereas i.e. your own definition is getting late game items instantly.

9 people like this

Posted

Blame it on the people complaining . That is why our value pack is so bad. We even got nerfed XP 

Posted

Pay to win by DEFINITION would be getting late game items instantly. You can not do that in this game, it only makes that easier. Any and every MMO has something in their cash shop that has something similar. If this fits into your category of pay 2 win, do what I said previously and remove yourself and your wrong opinion. This is pay for convenience. Learn the difference.

Pay to win is having an advantage over players that don't pay.  Value pack is a clear edge in more than just convenience.  I'd let it slide because realistically all it should accomplish is letting the paying player get better stuff faster as opposed to having something the free player simply can't get like the ghillie suit or fish suit.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

so we have 1 st april?

what?

Remove yourself from this game if you think that the value pack is pay to win. You have a severely crippled definition of the word.

agreed.

Edited by Onii-sama

Posted (edited)

Pay to win is having an advantage over players that don't pay.  Value pack is a clear edge in more than just convenience.  I'd let it slide because realistically all it should accomplish is letting the paying player get better stuff faster as opposed to having something the free player simply can't get like the ghillie suit or fish suit.

Pay to win is paying real money to get items to make you instantly win. Saying 'paying for an advantage' is such a broad term and literally every MMO offers some sort of 'pay for an advantage' system and most of the time it's through a subscription service and the value pack is this games subscription service.

Value pack

More inventory space? Convenience. More bank storage? Convenience.10% increased XP, not even noteworthy. Distant node investment? Convenience also costs 10 energy. Max weight increase? Convenience.  30% market sales back is the only thing on this that is remotely pay to win. But considering how stupid the taxes are in this game where you literally lose half your money when selling something, nobody should be complaining about this and it's only yet again, convenience. The rest of it are cosmetic. So how exactly is that pay to win? Broadening your definition to a simple 'advantage' is dumb because you'll always feel cheated. Not to mention you can literally buy this from the market for a measily 10m. 10 MILL FOR A MONTH. So additionally, someone could get one without spending a single real world cent. 

Edited by Swifty
3 people like this

Posted

Pay to win is paying real money to get items to make you instantly win. Saying 'paying for an advantage' is such a broad term and literally every MMO offers some sort of 'pay for an advantage' system and most of the time it's through a subscription service and the value pack is this games subscription service.

Value pack

More inventory space? Convenience. More bank storage? Convenience.10% increased XP, not even noteworthy. Distant node investment? Convenience also costs 10 energy. Max weight increase? Convenience.  30% market sales back is the only thing on this that is remotely pay to win. But considering how stupid the taxes are in this game where you literally lose half your money when selling something, nobody should be complaining about this and it's only yet again, convenience. The rest of it are cosmetic. So how exactly is that pay to win? Broadening your definition to a simple 'advantage' is dumb because you'll always feel cheated. Not to mention you can literally buy this from the market for a measily 10m. 10 MILL FOR A MONTH. So additionally, someone could get one without spending a single real word cent. 

You should search the myriad threads on the issue and not waste time to convince people of things debated to death. Regarding your point of view which I find really superficial. Comments in red

More inventory space? Convenience.  more silver afk fishing/relics.

More bank storage? Convenience. more free CP to invest in other things and actually make more silver passively.

10% increased XP, not even noteworthy.  It is +10% noteworthy though

Distant node investment? Convenience also costs 10 energy. Not having to travel to Valencia to change a node saves time. And time is the real wealth in this game.

Max weight increase? Convenience.   Weight increase majorly increases your grinding efficiency aka more silver/exp/sp per hour.

30% market sales back is the only thing on this that is remotely pay to win. But considering how stupid the taxes are in this game where you literally lose half your money when selling something, nobody should be complaining about this and it's only yet again, convenience.  I don't know about the others, but you really convinced me with this one kappa. Without value pack I would make 20-30 million less daily.

The rest of it are cosmetic. So how exactly is that pay to win? It is pay 2 win because this game has no win condition other than progression. And value pack makes your progression faster and easier aka win.

Broadening your definition to a simple 'advantage' is dumb because you'll always feel cheated. Not to mention you can literally buy this from the market for a measily 10m. 10 MILL FOR A MONTH. So additionally, someone could get one without spending a single real word cent.  You obviously never tried to buy one. Well, you obviously have not played this game all that much anyway, so, doesn't matter really.

Personally, I don't care if value pack is a thing or not. if it's there I will buy it, if it's not, I won't. Artisan memory is worse p2x anyways. Value pack gives a very solid advantage especially to newer players. Again, in this game the win condition is to get further ahead the rest in terms of progression. And in that sense, value pack helps you "win" against non value pack players. I buy it and will continue to do so. And I know what I am buying. The same as a canapé costume user knows what he is buying and the list goes on. It is not game breaking pay2win. It isn't. But it does help one towards faster progression/more silver. In the end everyone will catch up to the top simply because progression gets exponentially slower the further you go. So one may say that all these "conveniences" are a temporary form of win in the sense of staying ahead of the rest for x time before they catch up to you. A newer player though has every right to complain imo, because he can't possibly see that (or even care to see it).

4 people like this

Posted

BDO white knights will play the semantics game all day...

Its obviously pay2win... just minuscule and honestly I like it.  Never spent a cent past purchase of the game and don't intend to but being able to buy these items (well before server merge) with silver is sweet. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think its borderline P2W as is, but if the value pack contained an item drop increase as well, that would tip the scales.

Posted (edited)

There is no definition for pay to win.

Its not that difficult to understand the words themself.

Pay = use real money

To win = to access to the "victory" ( = in a game, its the "goal" defined by the devs : so in BDO highest lvl + highest gear score possible ) Not saying the "to win" dont mean " to necessary win"

With the value pack, since you pay to have a ( more or less ) big boost, and since BDO is based on time spend, you pay to save a lot of time, so you yeah, pay to win.

as for the marketplace option to get them. With the server merge ( so HUGE boost of player amount looking to buy CS item ) and the bidding rework, you have higher chance to never get a CS item than previewsly.

Now, the marketplace isnt a secure option to get a CS item... But i suppose it was made on purpose.

Edited by woots

Posted

20% increased drop rate is not convenience ... feeling stupid yet?....

Posted

You can also win in lottery if you buy a ticket.

Posted (edited)

Tell you what, when this game starts adding in RNG boxes that give pieces of equipment like the Ogre Ring and Tungrade Earring/Necklace into the PEARL SHOP, then you can cry that this game is pay to win as you'll be spending money directly on power. Until then, all attempts to make this game seem pay to win are null and void.

There is no definition for pay to win. It's a made up term that can mean everything, as it is different for each player.

Some people consider everything that isn't purely cosmetic as P2W already, whereas i.e. your own definition is getting late game items instantly.

Tell you what, play combat arms, go an even KDR using the basic weapon they give you, then go into the cash shop and buy the gatling gun which is only purchasable with their premium currency and start mutilating people and THEN tell me there's no definitive definition of what pay to win is.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Stupid af debat, again and again and again...

yeah keep telling "convenience" and other marketing terms you ate, it does wonders.

Meanwhile Kakao counts the money, and carefully plans the next "convenience feature" that will be added with the new "marketoch terms" that you will be using soon.

Yeah, definately yeah, ppl are stupid enough now, don't take shortcuts KaKao go full on P2W pls, they won't notice i swear.

Until then, all attempts to make this game seem pay to win are null and void.

Just like this guy, 3/4 % of ppl are like him, no wonder why it works lol.

Show me a pic of someone that didn't payed a penny and that is on top of ranking XP/rbf, so we can see if these "convenience things" are not that bad.

You guys are bad liars, just assume yourself and be proud of saying: "F*ck ppl i got money, so what?"

Best to remember that in 2016 "passive" (and massive to a certain point) income coming from CS isn't considered p2w, it's only convenience we all agree.

Sure, sure... "please insert more salt here".

Edited by Shastalya
3 people like this

Posted

Hidden p2w :)))

d8ef53e887.gif

Posted (edited)

What i would like to see are 3 types of blessing, each lasting 7 days.

Life Blessing: Increased energy recovery by +2 each tick for 7 days costing 400 loyalty.

Loot Blessing: Increased loot drop chance by 20% for 7 days costing 400 loyalty.

Life & Loot Blessing: Increased energy recovery +2 each tick & Increased loot drop chance by 20% for 7 days costing 700 loyalty.

Edited by Nort

Posted

What i would like to see are 3 types of blessing, both lasting 7 days.

Life Blessing: Increased energy recovery by +2 each tick for 7 days costing 400 loyalty.

Loot Blessing: Increased loot drop chance by 20% for 7 days costing 400 loyalty.

Life & Loot Blessing: Increased energy recovery +2 each tick & Increased loot drop chance by 20% for 7 days costing 700 loyalty.

I'm sure you would. Now multiply those loyalty values by 8-10 and you're realistically at what might actually happen.