• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is the game realy doing that bad in KR ?

97 posts in this topic

Posted

No the game is just doing bad in EU/NA. Server merge, free guest passes, they are desperate for players... well that happens when you only care about money.

i find it hard to believe its doing anyworse than any other MMO out right now.

Posted

I just took the screenshot of the channel list on KR now.

It's Wednesday 12:13 a.m. here and most channels are crowded. 

What do you think?

IMG_2672.PNG

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

jus curious seeing all these topics how its realy low ranked in KR among all the mmos etc <.< old data tough cant find anything recent x.x

in that "old data" Lineage 2 is one of the top most played games, I guess all the new titles in the past 10+ years are just... garbage right? .... Yet L2 is not popular here. Form your own opinion rather than get swayed by bandwagon opinion or having a ranking of data hold heavy weight. The game is barely 2 years old in KR

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

Old games seem to dominate. Probably due to nostalgia. I cant quite understand the reasoning though. Ive never gone back to the first MMO I played just because of nostalgia.

Posted

First of all KR has a shit ton more games than we do in Europe. A lot of players are spread over them.  Also why does it really matter if its doing good or not there? If you like the game currently and enjoy your time then play it. What else are you gonna do lol

Because i not once invested my money and time into some MMOs that gone shit tier after 1-2 year...... and i don't like throwing out my time and money like that x.x
since then i seriously cautious what im investing in for long term fun ... i don't want to end up hitting my face into a wall after 1-2 year again....
Also the more popular an MMO is the more and bigger content updates it gets in the future :)

btw glad its doing great in KR :3

in that "old data" Lineage 2 is one of the top most played games, I guess all the new titles in the past 10+ years are just... garbage right? .... Yet L2 is not popular here. Form your own opinion rather than get swayed by bandwagon opinion or having a ranking of data hold heavy weight. The game is barely 2 years old in KR

i dont realy care that much how its doing here ( how i see it its doing prety fine ) Because the content coming from KR that develops these content according the KR playerbase and how its doing there.

Posted

BDO is within top #10 RPGs played in KR at the moment. It's doing great. End of story.

My Mom would beat your mom at at arm wrestling. This is a fact.  End of story. 

3 people like this

Posted

i dont realy care that much how its doing here ( how i see it its doing prety fine ) Because the content coming from KR that develops these content according the KR playerbase and how its doing there.

Doesn't matter, if there's a market to build upon it will build upon it. Else game will die either way. Doesn't matter how well KR is doing if NA/EU is doing crap. If NA/EU is doing crap then this game will most likely shut and stay restricted to KR, but this game isn't doing bad.
A bad business is to have your successful region carry the deadweight region that isn't alive and pump it full of funds to keep it afloat rather than place that into content creation. People saying this game is dead or p2w are sorely mistaken and will parade that everywhere for as long as possible because they have nothing better to do. Boss still die in 30min-50min every day. Idiots who said this game will go f2p in half a year are clearly mistaken, the cash shop p2w sellers aren't at the topend of the game they really aren't, the costume prices haven't risen at all and this stupid conjecture about game dying or is bad is just salty tears at this point and if they think another game is so good why the fuq are they still here?

We had a merge(for the best purposes not because of a dwindling playerbase) and the economy is vastly different and there is so much more war going on, there's 36 channels with some being crowded still but unfortunately NA is swayed by massive weird public opinion of this game being P2W when there are several others that are much worse at the top spectrum of MMOs in popularity.

Posted

People were saying L1 was dead in 1999 ,  2016 still #1 in terms of profit for NCSOFT

so yea gaming sites are trash , most of them.

Posted

What is the top 10 most played in KR? I am curious :)  and off course it has to be from 2016 lol

http://multiclick.co.kr/sub/gamepatch/gamerank.html

It's from right now, as that list gets updated multiple times per day.

As of now:

1. Overwatch
  2. League of Legends
  3. Fifa Online 3
  4. Sudden Attack
  5. Dungeon Fighter Online
  6. Starcraft
  7. MapleStory 1
  8. World of Warcraft
  9. Lineage 1
  10. Blade & Soul

Posted

People were saying L1 was dead in 1999 ,  2016 still #1 in terms of profit for NCSOFT

so yea gaming sites are trash , most of them.

how can people still play that game i have noooo idea... too much investment i think..... L1 is like the WoW of KR it came with the right stuff at the right time.

We had a merge(for the best purposes not because of a dwindling playerbase) and the economy is vastly different and there is so much more war going on, there's 36 channels with some being crowded still but unfortunately NA is swayed by massive weird public opinion of this game being P2W when there are several others that are much worse at the top spectrum of MMOs in popularity.

i played ALLOT of MMOs and im a big P2W hater and this game is reeeeeeealy far from P2W

1 person likes this

Posted

how can people still play that game i have noooo idea... too much investment i think..... L1 is like the WoW of KR it came with the right stuff at the right time.

I hated L1 , but loved Lineage2 since i spent over 5 years playing it before GOD expansation (f2p)

1 person likes this

Posted

i played ALLOT of MMOs and im a big P2W hater and this game is reeeeeeealy far from P2W

Doesn't change the fact that most people are swayed away from the game from the whole p2w debacle without actually drawing a conclusion for themselves or without connecting facts together on their own, they see a few large voices yell about it and then they're already convinced. It's unbelievable.

Posted (edited)

Who cares how it's doing in Korea? :P

Edited by Kyungri

Posted

No... And it's growing

Posted

KR is doing excellent. They *added* 3 channels there last week (making for 40 now) which are almost all crowded during evenings. During the holiday season no less, when games usually get very quiet for a week or two.

How do you figure its doing bad? Anecdotal, personal experience with no basis in actual fact?

How do you figure out it's going good? Because you see players at bosses? There are lots of people that have quit, just make a research and you will see it. No, I don't like/want this but it's happening and the devs are doing nothing when they actually can.

1 person likes this

Posted

The click bait title is real.

1 person likes this

Posted

No the game is just doing bad in EU/NA. Server merge, free guest passes, they are desperate for players... well that happens when you only care about money.

Sure, making 3 Server with 12 Channels to 1 Server with 36 is FOR SURE BECAUSE  of Population...... we have a Genius here. ^_^

Good thing most People know that BDO was always meant to be a 1 World/Server MMO.

3 people like this

Posted

jus curious seeing all these topics how its realy low ranked in KR among all the mmos etc <.< old data tough cant find anything recent x.x

bdo was ranked at number 8 in most played game in KR back in like june... 

Posted

Sure, making 3 Server with 12 Channels to 1 Server with 36 is FOR SURE BECAUSE  of Population...... we have a Genius here. ^_^

Good thing most People know that BDO was always meant to be a 1 World/Server MMO.

Good thing you know nothing about companies, go circle around the web and you'll see lots of videos or comments or whatever about why people quit BDO. I'm not hating, I'm being honest, the game fails on letting the players enjoy it with it's restrictions.

Posted

Afew youtubers quit? 

Dead game

itll be lucky to last the week

4 people like this

Posted

How do you figure out it's going good? Because you see players at bosses? There are lots of people that have quit, just make a research and you will see it. No, I don't like/want this but it's happening and the devs are doing nothing when they actually can.

Have you personally counted the people who 'quit'? I constantly see whiners on here and on reddit which turn up a month later, asking gameplay questions when theyve returned.

I see people everywhere i go - Cities, grinding spots, even at the ocean at the most remote spots i meet people more often than not. 

From *my* experience, the game has gotten more crowded than it was at release, even though the game's map has gotten about 3 times as big (which people also conveniently forget constantly).

And what are they actually not doing?

Posted

Good thing you know nothing about companies, go circle around the web and you'll see lots of videos or comments or whatever about why people quit BDO. I'm not hating, I'm being honest, the game fails on letting the players enjoy it with it's restrictions.

I've personally seen thousands of people come and go.

They're suckered in by the graphics and story and general -----ing AWESOMENESS that is BDO....... then they experience the enchant system and poof. Kakao / Pearl Abyss makes it less noticeable by giving out free passes and having sales every other week, but how many of the freshies actually stay?

What's really sad is how easy it would be to "fix" the RNG enchant system. Make blackstones much rarer, change repairing gear to require the same item or a memory fragment or equivalent amount of silver. Failed an accessory enchant? It won't poof, but you will need the same item to fully repair it, or equivalent amount of silver. 

Could keep enchant rates the same, or even increase necessary failstacks. Just don't have people slide backwards.

*shrug*

But what do I know? It's not like I care about players being happy and having more people to PVP with or something crazy like that while. Like, we all know logic is taboo in BDO. ;)

Posted

chrome_2016-12-27_13-00-39.thumb.png.a51

getting old for me too.

Posted

Have you personally counted the people who 'quit'? I constantly see whiners on here and on reddit which turn up a month later, asking gameplay questions when theyve returned.

I see people everywhere i go - Cities, grinding spots, even at the ocean at the most remote spots i meet people more often than not. 

From *my* experience, the game has gotten more crowded than it was at release, even though the game's map has gotten about 3 times as big (which people also conveniently forget constantly).

And what are they actually not doing?

Don't forget we just had server merge. And even with merge getting a grind spot in a "prime" spot even at "primetime" is, well........ those spots are open. It also appears to me that there are less people in towns than before. Even with all of the performance issues we get with each patch, my FPS in towns doesn't plummet to a slideshow each time I enter, and the waterways aren't vast swathes of white squares anymore.

Posted

Don't forget we just had server merge. And even with merge getting a grind spot in a "prime" spot even at "primetime" is, well........ those spots are open. It also appears to me that there are less people in towns than before. Even with all of the performance issues we get with each patch, my FPS in towns doesn't plummet to a slideshow each time I enter, and the waterways aren't vast swathes of white squares anymore.

well for me no matter what time im playing even at night lots of the towns are so full i barely see anything because of horses and players x.x even at late night x.x