• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO Fixed in Minutes

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Speaking as someone who's completely redone entire data structures that LOOK like they would take minutes to do. I call bullshit on this, I'm after refactoring entire sections of code and taking hours to do what would seem to only take minutes to seconds.

In general, if you've no clue about how code works, don't criticize others. I know how difficult this shit is, that's the reason why I never expect immediate fixes for things in games, something that SEEMS like it would take minutes to fix could cause an entire rewrite of the entire engine. The only way to avoid this is to modularize the program, but that's a hell of a lot easier said than done as it takes a hit on the processor.

Considering Pearl Abyss has changed HP values of monsters and loot value more than a few times in the past, I'm going to assume it doesn't require rewriting too much of their code. Other than OP, I don't think anyone realistically expects these changes to be made on the fly, but he DOES have some good points.

Posted (edited)

Speaking as someone who's completely redone entire data structures that LOOK like they would take minutes to do. I call bullshit on this, I'm after refactoring entire sections of code and taking hours to do what would seem to only take minutes to seconds.

In general, if you've no clue about how code works, don't criticize others. I know how difficult this shit is, that's the reason why I never expect immediate fixes for things in games, something that SEEMS like it would take minutes to fix could cause an entire rewrite of the entire engine. The only way to avoid this is to modularize the program, but that's a hell of a lot easier said than done as it takes a hit on the processor.

I have used multiple editors and created several games including all the back end coding.  This is not a restructuring issue.  Each game engine works slightly differently, but they are all based upon code at the core level which typically connects with a database or graphical interface.

Each item and creature is just a set of information.  It's Hp, Attack, DP etc.  Changing these in nearly every system is a text change that is not much different than any form field you fill in online or changing a cell in a spreadsheet.

Name: HP : AP : DP

Mob 1: 4,000: 192 : 160

Try it yourself change the 192 to 180 and press enter.......................... that's how long it takes ;)

Edited by Xpert

Posted

I have used multiple editors and created several games including all the back end coding.  This is not a restructuring issue.  Each game engine works slightly differently, but they are all based upon code at the core level which typically connects with a database or graphical interface.

Each item and creature is just a set of information.  It's Hp, Attack, DP etc.  Changing these in nearly every system is a text change that is not much different than any form field you fill in online or changing a cell in a spreadsheet.

What I'm saying is the scenario could be one of these things:

1. Those dungeons could be finished in the KR version, it's just we haven't be completely caught up with that version.
  2. If those dungeons aren't finished in the KR version, the plans for it may not be finished, it may be something they started but haven't finished, but forgot to remove the portals you use to access the dungeon. I know that I'm after accidentally letting things from development slip into a live setup.

In general, we don't know. And yes, I realize that it's pearl abysses fault for not communicating on certain things, but what would you rather have? Them waste time coming up with a statement to address a concern? Or them use that time to address the concern and put it through testing?

All in all, people are making a mistake in thinking that they are owed any sort of explanation, you didn't buy that right, what you bought was access to the North American Black Desert Online servers.

If this were a game like Call of Duty, or Battlefield 1, then yeah, sure, you're buying the actual game and yeah, you buy the right to demand an explanation as to why something's not working.

Posted

What I'm saying is the scenario could be one of these things:

1. Those dungeons could be finished in the KR version, it's just we haven't be completely caught up with that version.
  2. If those dungeons aren't finished in the KR version, the plans for it may not be finished, it may be something they started but haven't finished, but forgot to remove the portals you use to access the dungeon. I know that I'm after accidentally letting things from development slip into a live setup.

In general, we don't know. And yes, I realize that it's pearl abysses fault for not communicating on certain things, but what would you rather have? Them waste time coming up with a statement to address a concern? Or them use that time to address the concern and put it through testing?

All in all, people are making a mistake in thinking that they are owed any sort of explanation, you didn't buy that right, what you bought was access to the North American Black Desert Online servers.

If this were a game like Call of Duty, or Battlefield 1, then yeah, sure, you're buying the actual game and yeah, you buy the right to demand an explanation as to why something's not working.

Your thought process is convoluted with things that are not part of this issue.  There are differences between different locations and some of them are significant.  There are also  cultural differences, but these don't have to do with the players rights to anything.

The developers are not concealing information either.  They created the Valenica and it was a big failure.  The feedback they got was overwhelming on this and it lead to many improvements.  Mobs where added to some areas.  New loot was introduced to make them more appealing.  Special mobs with extra drops where added.

However, there are many factors to balancing the game and some come with a lot of issues.  The Valk crystals for example can be a big problem.  Players are expected to get TET or higher to hunt these areas and yet we have no Valk.  I don't want Valk, but it is a big part in making high end fail stacks.

The fact is most of these areas will not be used on the NA servers because only a few players can and they may not even have much incentive to do so.

Posted

Your thought process is convoluted with things that are not part of this issue.  There are differences between different locations and some of them are significant.  There are also  cultural differences, but these don't have to do with the players rights to anything.

The developers are not concealing information either.  They created the Valenica and it was a big failure.  The feedback they got was overwhelming on this and it lead to many improvements.  Mobs where added to some areas.  New loot was introduced to make them more appealing.  Special mobs with extra drops where added.

However, there are many factors to balancing the game and some come with a lot of issues.  The Valk crystals for example can be a big problem.  Players are expected to get TET or higher to hunt these areas and yet we have no Valk.  I don't want Valk, but it is a big part in making high end fail stacks.

The fact is most of these areas will not be used on the NA servers because only a few players can and they may not even have much incentive to do so.

2.4k junk drops at Pila Ku Jail is a pretty big incentive to me.

Posted

Name: HP : AP : DP

Mob 1: 4,000: 192 : 160

Try it yourself change the 192 to 180 and press enter.......................... that's how long it takes ;)

Yay....the master programmer at work?

"...is a text change"... ever heard of double, ints, databases/structures?

especially relations etc? Mob HP in BDO is as far as i know not a static text value but a formula based on various things like monster level, monster strength level (ogre more hp as same level mansha etc) its far more complicated than you destribe here. Do not value down the work of programmers. Especially its a loooooot more than "change 192 to 180 and press enter" that´s just hillarious. 

Posted

Sausans and pirates are pretty good but I can do same money in any other famous grind spot like bandits or etc. Difference is that Sausans is populated by weak monsters which attracts people with very low AP/DP, and so it will always be better to grind at any other place. It is pretty impossible to do say 1 hour of rotations in Sausans without being disturbed at least once. I can do this same rotations in bandits without anyone disturbing me, and so in the end, I will get more money from bandits no doubt. 

Posted

Sausans and pirates are pretty good but I can do same money in any other famous grind spot like bandits or etc. Difference is that Sausans is populated by weak monsters which attracts people with very low AP/DP, and so it will always be better to grind at any other place. It is pretty impossible to do say 1 hour of rotations in Sausans without being disturbed at least once. I can do this same rotations in bandits without anyone disturbing me, and so in the end, I will get more money from bandits no doubt. 

Bandits has been a bit more populated lately.  There is also an issue of players channel hoping to farm elites.

Yay....the master programmer at work?

"...is a text change"... ever heard of double, ints, databases/structures?

especially relations etc? Mob HP in BDO is as far as i know not a static text value but a formula based on various things like monster level, monster strength level (ogre more hp as same level mansha etc) its far more complicated than you destribe here. Do not value down the work of programmers. Especially its a loooooot more than "change 192 to 180 and press enter" that´s just hillarious. 

I can't help you refuting obvious truths.

The is NOT a coding issue, it's a design management issue.

They have already been working on doing the very things I and many others have stated.   They simply have not done enough yet.

And YES, it is that simple to change trash loot value, mobs stats, etc.