• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kutum or Nouver Shield for Warrior? [Poll]

Kutum vs Nouver   218 votes

1. 1. Kutum or Nouver Shield for Warrior?

• Kutum
    • Nouver
    • Kite

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty much the title^^

Posted

I'd run Nouver if I played warrior

Posted

I'm going to get Nouver and get it to TRI, but sticking with Kutum for PvP

Posted

Im using kutum and i like it alot, i vote kutum as its easier to get. If your purely aiming for AP though get nouver. 

Posted

Nouver for PvE and Vangertz for PvP, never would have thought Vangertz will be my friend till the end, time for to the PEN dream.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

WTB Dande GS NA

Edited by Forbannet

Posted

Nouver. Using a TET Axion till i get one. 

Posted

Nouver.

Posted

Nouver for PvE and Vangertz for PvP, never would have thought Vangertz will be my friend till the end, time for to the PEN dream.

i keep telling people that Vangertz is BiS for warrior and valk no matter what your other gear is, but no one listens

1 person likes this

Posted

I have  14 accuracy in gems/alchemy stone + 2x TRI red Coral earrings + Bhegs + Kzarka i think should be enough for Nouver in PVP

Posted (edited)

I have  14 accuracy in gems/alchemy stone + 2x TRI red Coral earrings + Bhegs + Kzarka i think should be enough for Nouver in PVP

hmm... so at tri...
12ap, 21acc, 25 evasion(dp), 2 damage deduction, +1 level of all special damage 
vs 
39ap and 10% resistance

*rolls my eyes*

There's no real contest. Vangertz is BiS for pvp.

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

hmm... so at tri...12ap, 21acc, 25 evasion(dp), 2 damage deduction, +1 level of all special damage 
vs 
39ap and 10% resistance

*rolls my eyes*

There's no real contest. Vangertz is BiS for pvp.

What a tryharding wannabe.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kutum still I'd imagine. I mean you could always get both for swapping and having Nouver to farm PVE would be nice.

Posted

Obviously Nouver for PVE.

Vangertz or Nouver for PVP. Need to test them first with a few setups to see the differences. Kutum was bad compared to Vangertz in PVP according to my testing. Needles to say you will need a lot of accuracy from accessories to make Nouver viable.

Posted

Whichever NV offers me first.

Posted

Whichever NV offers me first.

You can't get kutum from night vendor 

Posted

Here is another older thread with an extensive discussion and poll :) 

Posted (edited)

Finally someone who can understand. I was considered as idiot for months and no one believed me that it outperforms Kutum :D

Obviously Nouver for PVE.

Vangertz or Nouver for PVP. Need to test them first with a few setups to see the differences. Kutum was bad compared to Vangertz in PVP according to my testing. Needles to say you will need a lot of accuracy from accessories to make Nouver viable.

Kutum has big advantage over vang and its our 100% rage. With more raw ap, it deals much more damage. Same for nouver bot but shields has quite big acc pre requirements to be viable or on par with Vangertz. From our testing, Kutum performs same as vang in terms of hit rate with bhegs, 2x tri red coras and duo tree belt. This is holding you down from raw AP. I use kutum just for PvE.

Edited by Chors

Posted

Nouver for PvE Kutum for PvP. 

Posted

Finally someone who can understand. I was considered as idiot for months and no one believed me that it outperforms Kutum :D

Kutum has big advantage over vang and its our 100% rage. With more raw ap, it deals much more damage. Same for nouver bot but shields has quite big acc pre requirements to be viable or on par with Vangertz. From our testing, Kutum performs same as vang in terms of hit rate with bhegs, 2x tri red coras and duo tree belt. This is holding you down from raw AP. I use kutum just for PvE.

So to make sure I understand you correctly. You're saying that wearing vang is better than wearing 2x tri red corals and duo tree belt in terms of AP potential? Because My current build is basically 2 red coral earrings +tree belt/bhegs and I use axion since I don't have kotum yet. I have 191 ap with this setup. Or am I dumb and misunderstanding your post? 

Posted

So to make sure I understand you correctly. You're saying that wearing vang is better than wearing 2x tri red corals and duo tree belt in terms of AP potential? Because My current build is basically 2 red coral earrings +tree belt/bhegs and I use axion since I don't have kotum yet. I have 191 ap with this setup. Or am I dumb and misunderstanding your post? 

You can choose either setups, but when you face so many evasion builds out there you cant just run nouver or kutum without any added accuracy. So you can choose vangertz and you dont have to run rce, tree belt and bheg to make it work. 

1 person likes this

Posted

With the setup you mentioned, you have 16 AP from RCE, 9 from Tree belt, 25 from TRI Kutum, and 2 slots for 5 AP crystals, totalling 60 AP

With an alternate build, you'll have 22 AP from TRI Witch's, 11 from DUO Basi, 13 from TRI Vangertz, and 1 slot for a 5 AP crystal, totalling 51 AP

So you'd need TET Witch's AND TRI Basi to get more AP with a Vangertz compared to accuracy build with Kutum

Posted

With the setup you mentioned, you have 16 AP from RCE, 9 from Tree belt, 25 from TRI Kutum, and 2 slots for 5 AP crystals, totalling 60 AP

With an alternate build, you'll have 22 AP from TRI Witch's, 11 from DUO Basi, 13 from TRI Vangertz, and 1 slot for a 5 AP crystal, totalling 51 AP

So you'd need TET Witch's AND TRI Basi to get more AP with a Vangertz compared to accuracy build with Kutum

You forgot about one thing. 5ap crystals are worth because of HP, that AP scaling is close to none in PvP.

So thats 46vs50 and 4 ap difference barely matters if Vangertz can outperform Kutum in terms of hitrate (and slightly damage wise). Dont worry, i have both, testing them since september.

Posted (edited)

Lets clarify this.

Khutum +16-21acc (depending what khutum gives 2-5 is acc tops). 20 evasion dp. 10% ignore resists. 2 gem slots. 50 sheet ap with acc setup.

Vangertz: +21-24 acc. 25 evasion dp +2 stated evasion. 2 damage reduction. +1 level of special damage. 46(50 with tri tungrade) sheet ap. 1 gem slot.

Pros of Khutum:
2x gem slots
4 more AP (except tungrade)
RCE and TSB are cheaper than tungrade/witch/blue whale/cresi belt

Pros of vangertz:
Cheaper than Khutum to enchant
More evasion
2 Damage reduction
+1 special attack Damage
Are able to run blue whale earrings (200hp) or Tungrade earrings (20% extra black spirit + 4 more ap)

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted (edited)

Kutum is dmg red not evasion. 

2x RCE is 12acc and DUO Tree belt is 3. Thats 15. Kutum was tested several times and it gives 5acc. So we can say its 20acc total with rce and tsb.

Vang has 7base acc and +-17acc at +15 (cant find Inven link). Thats 24acc on 1 item alone so you can focus on normal AP accessories and close the AP gap between both shields. 

For me, only viable thing on Kutum is 10% ignore which works. 1 slot more for 150hp..well okay, you can go for Molar earrings while using Vang to compensate that because having 2x TRI RCE with Kutum is a must for serious PvPer.

Advantage of Vang is also, you can go rocaba set for 5more evasion and making 2x TET green armor is much cheaper than yellow items. So more evasion, more acc, viable AP and trading evasion for HP from boss gear. Good as cheap setup.

And dont forget, having vang+bhegs+red corals for more insane hitrate is possible (im using this now).

I`d rather have 220AP with vang and TRI AP accessories instead of 224 with Kutum (TRI RCE + TRI TSB) or 233 with pure AP accessories.

Matter of choice.

Edited by Chors
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0