• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Does berserkers really need the extra HP and 30% grab passive?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

As title says, do they really need all this?

Can a person maining berserker tell me why? 

Now that berserkers have two skills that instantly recovers them to full health and has a long range aoe CC during one of the heals, how am I supposed to stop them from healing if I get trapped in the CC? 
Do you think they really need the extra HP they got when they can just go 100% hp with one keystroke? Why can't they have about the same HP as the other classes? They should either have the heal or the extra HP not both. There have been countless times where I had to play flawlessly to bring them down to <30% but one single CC taken and they could with their decent mobility get away, press the button and be back to 100%. No pots used, nothing. 

Before the recent berserker buff, I had a manos necklace mainly for berserkers (admittedly other grab classes as well). Even then, out of 4 of their grabs, atleast 2 worked. They could heal and DPS me during the grabs. Although, I could fight back when their grabs failed. But that is not the case anymore they never fail.

The grab resistance buff after chain-grabs seems to be very minimal, I've been chain-grabbed about 7 times in total before death by 2 bersekers including E-buff resistances and manos necklace. I think this is a little bit too much.
The only way I can kill berserkers is on arena no pot rules, outside of that with potions allowed it either turns into a stalemate  or I get killed. All decent berserkers use precision gems and they have grabbed me even if I had E-buff and manos going over 80% grab res. Obviously I do my best to keep my distance after a burst or two but a good berserker knows how to close the gap.

From what I understand, it seems like the developers really want to make berserkers true frontliners in nodewars and sieges, they have been buffed ever since launch. They are insanely good in nodewars and sieges and obviously they die fast enough there to not be a big problem, but on smaller scale they are just ridiculously overpowered. 

I understand that the main burst from berserkers was inbetween grabs(at least pre awakening), but now that they do as much damage as anyone I think it is a little bit too much with all these extra's they have. I'm not asking for a damage nerf, their damage is fine, it is just the HP or heal, and the 30% grab passive.

On the other side of the coin, the majority of the server has not reached about 230-250 sheet AP yet like the korean server have , perhaps they got all this because they simply melt in easily in korean servers, it could be the case but I am not so sure about how well this is in our server.

Feel free to share your opinions this is not a QQ thread I don't really think berserkers will be adjusted anytime soon I just want to hear what the others think about this.

1gpmyo.thumb.jpg.927a852a383155e04718132

5 people like this

Posted

image.jpeg

Posted

As a Valkyrie, i feel like a Bulbasaur running into a Charizard when i find one in open world. I tend to stay far from them.

4 people like this

Posted

As a Valkyrie, i feel like a Bulbasaur running into a Charizard when i find one in open world. I tend to stay far from them.

I've seen a lot of people just ignore berserkers completely in RBF, this shouldn't be a thing.

Posted

Make 30% KD  or 30% accuracy passive to sorc, we really enjoyed it xD

Posted

Yes they do.

Posted

This company doesn't know shit when it comes to balancing PvP in their own game for the simple fact, they more than likely don't play it! 

Posted

Agreed, it takes 2 or more people to bring one down and if you are playing in RBF, if the enemy team has 2 of them you know which side is going to win

Posted

I have a 60 zerker, we will become less annoying once people get higher AP. I get melted pretty easily with 294 DP.

Posted (edited)

I've seen a lot of people just ignore berserkers completely in RBF, this shouldn't be a thing.

Yup I ignore em because there are other targets that I have a chance to at least kill without feeling like I've been massively cheesed. I also tend to completely ignore Warriors too, because as you pointed out towards the end of your post I dont have 230-250 AP. Honestly I think alot of our issues stem from the fact that the devs have balanced the game for the highest level and until we all reach that point warriors and zerkrs (class and players) will continue to look better than they are, except for the few scenarios where they may moan about the one rouge (insert class/players) who by some miracle managed to reach KR levels of AP and has deservedly killed them. Am I salty? Very. Am I wrong? Not at all. 

Edited by Nexius

Posted

I have a 60 zerker, we will become less annoying once people get higher AP. I get melted pretty easily with 294 DP.

Exactly, this. You have shit gear that's the problem. Once you get good gear you'll see a shit load of zerkers complaining how they need a buff.

Posted (edited)

Exactly, this. You have shit gear that's the problem. Once you get good gear you'll see a shit load of zerkers complaining how they need a buff.

I dont know about you but I for one feel some type of way when having less than 230AP is considered "Shit" gear, especially when you consider the average AP/DP is no where near 500+ GS. I dont mean average in terms of entire playerbase, I mean average as a PvP community as a whole. I think most people have anywhere between 180-220AP/250-280 DP currently (not including tanks which have slightly lower AP and moderately higher DP on average, so total AP/DP levels out). The Accessory game is pretty damn difficult rn, especially since we havent had content for very long. Still miss the days when having a combined score of 300 AP/DP was enough to fight anyone. Granted class balance was different due to no awakenings, keeping the same or similar/steady rate of progression and scaling would have many people singing a different tune right now. A much more pleasing one.

Edited by Nexius

Posted

Yup I ignore em because there are other targets that I have a chance to at least kill without feeling like I've been massively cheesed. I also tend to completely ignore Warriors too, because as you pointed out towards the end of your post I dont have 230-250 AP. Honestly I think alot of our issues stem from the fact that the devs have balanced the game for the highest level and until we all reach that point warriors and zerkrs (class and players) will continue to look better than they are, except for the few scenarios where they may moan about the one rouge (insert class/players) who by some miracle managed to reach KR levels of AP and has deservedly killed them. Am I salty? Very. Am I wrong? Not at all. 

It's not balancing at all.  It's simply broken to the point that everyone has some chance because it's so ridiculous.

There is a 99.9% chance PVP will always be crap.  If you don't know this it's only because your a complete newb and haven't learned from the other 10,000 games that had garbage PVP for EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF THEIR EXISTANCE

Posted

It's not balancing at all.  It's simply broken to the point that everyone has some chance because it's so ridiculous.

There is a 99.9% chance PVP will always be crap.  If you don't know this it's only because your a complete newb and haven't learned from the other 10,000 games that had garbage PVP for EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF THEIR EXISTANCE

I just enjoyed the pace when sheet stats were much more tame is all. I think awakenings introduced really nice features for everyone, on their own imho awakenings and the vanilla weapon kits combined make for fairly balanced classes all around. Save for a few extreme instances, or slightly overdone mechanics I think if the AP/DP ceiling were much lower, closer to release, with awakening multipliers being slightly more tame and considerate of certain classes; PvP in this game would be entirely balanced. The ridiculous AP scaling indeed does make it so ANYTHING can work with enough AP, and no im not a noob. This is just me lamenting slightly, speaking the game as how I've experienced and would have preferred to see it panned out.

Posted

I am the 0.1% and think PvP is great.

node.jpg

Posted

Hay solarbeam is pretty legit okay.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont know about you but I for one feel some type of way when having less than 230AP is considered "Shit" gear, especially when you consider the average AP/DP is no where near 500+ GS. I dont mean average in terms of entire playerbase, I mean average as a PvP community as a whole. I think most people have anywhere between 180-220AP/250-280 DP currently (not including tanks which have slightly lower AP and moderately higher DP on average, so total AP/DP levels out). The Accessory game is pretty damn difficult rn, especially since we havent had content for very long. Still miss the days when having a combined score of 300 AP/DP was enough to fight anyone. Granted class balance was different due to no awakenings, keeping the same or similar/steady rate of progression and scaling would have many people singing a different tune right now. A much more pleasing one.

Do what most people do? Learn to grind/lifeskill and save money and buy your accesories. Here's another tip save 1 bil buy a shitload of crescents rings and attempt tri. you're sure to get at least 1 tri with 1 bil. Good luck bye.

Posted

In the open world Zerkers have a tendency to be the only class aside from Ranger (and Rangers don't tend to do this in my experience) to just start blowing through an in-use rotation without a world because they're both fast and defensively strong. They wait for you to flag then kill.

The issue is that a Zerker doesn't ever really have to flag. Other classes have a hard time out-running them from mob pack to mob pack and their huge defense means being in the middle of a pack of mobs isn't that dangerous for them. They literally just appear and won't go away like a wart.

Posted

I don't play berserkers in na, but None of your were here when it was an unplayable class.  They gave them the hp buff because even tamers were better at staying alive at one point

idk why complain about grabbing passive either, they have like 8 grabs. U want to give them 30% stun so that when they use axe ult nobody can escape?

Posted

In the open world Zerkers have a tendency to be the only class aside from Ranger (and Rangers don't tend to do this in my experience) to just start blowing through an in-use rotation without a world because they're both fast and defensively strong. They wait for you to flag then kill.

The issue is that a Zerker doesn't ever really have to flag. Other classes have a hard time out-running them from mob pack to mob pack and their huge defense means being in the middle of a pack of mobs isn't that dangerous for them. They literally just appear and won't go away like a wart.

Musa and Rangers and Warrors can compete in grind spots. You must be talking abotu spots where Beserkers have the spot locked down where they arrive at spawn time. Then I see your point but that's any class.

Posted

Posted

I'm not a berserker but I can tell you the reason they got those buffs apparently is because in KR, where 220+ AP in node wars and sieges is the norm, everyone gets melted easily, and PA thought poor berserkers needed those heals to be relevant in group fights.

Regardless of whether PA's balance is done properly or not, it points out to the fact that they do it around massive group fights, and not around 1v1. This is where those 1v1 abominations come from.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not a berserker but I can tell you the reason they got those buffs apparently is because in KR, where 220+ AP in node wars and sieges is the norm, everyone gets melted easily, and PA thought poor berserkers needed those heals to be relevant in group fights.

Regardless of whether PA's balance is done properly or not, it points out to the fact that they do it around massive group fights, and not around 1v1. This is where those 1v1 abominations come from.

finally someone gets it

Posted

Musa and Rangers and Warrors can compete in grind spots. You must be talking abotu spots where Beserkers have the spot locked down where they arrive at spawn time. Then I see your point but that's any class.

It would be mostly the fact that their mechanics give them an inherent advantage in PvP as they can make your life hell without flagging. Most other classes a conflict will see the aggressor flag eventually to clear the opponent. With Zerkers they're better off never flagging, running to speedily grab new packs before you  and then waiting for you to try to kick 'em.

Basically, it is kinda bad design for a class to be so good at taking grind spots without needing to flag at all. Minor issue, overall, though.

Posted (edited)

Do what most people do? Learn to grind/lifeskill and save money and buy your accesories. Here's another tip save 1 bil buy a shitload of crescents rings and attempt tri. you're sure to get at least 1 tri with 1 bil. Good luck bye.

A. No need to be hostile but sure thanks for attempting to give me "constructive" criticism in what appears to be an attack to shock me into something you believe is obvious. Totally didnt come off as passive aggressive.

B. Most people are actually within the 300-400GS range, by most you mean the handful of individuals in some guilds who tasted KR levels of gear, most of which arent actually there, fewer (literately can count on my hand) have made it there and not blown their shit up due to stress/burnout .Grinding>Life skilling if you have the time (which I've had), but RNG is actually random and can be really unforgiving at time, WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT?! 

C. Money my way through attempts is exactly what im doing, I dont recall ever sharing my methods of progression, not sure how it became the focal point of your interest.

Known people, quite a few actually who spent 2bil to make very meager increases. Its all random, it not a matter of money moreso than it is money AND time, time most of us havent had. KR had 2 years, we've had 9 months. Pretty sure "shit" gear is much lower than you've set your unreasonably high standards to, but have a nice day as well. :)

Edited by Nexius