• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Does berserkers really need the extra HP and 30% grab passive?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 60 zerker, we will become less annoying once people get higher AP. I get melted pretty easily with 294 DP.

294 is still paper def for a class that face tanks tons of dmg ^^

Posted

I don't play berserkers in na, but None of your were here when it was an unplayable class.  They gave them the hp buff because even tamers were better at staying alive at one point

idk why complain about grabbing passive either, they have like 8 grabs. U want to give them 30% stun so that when they use axe ult nobody can escape?

and now every other class is unplayable? no they should make grab just like every single other CC in the game. it should not be able to go through block. it should not be able to go through SUPER ARMOR. and you should have outright immunity after the first one like with every single other CC.

you should have great survivability or great damage or a moderate amount of both not completely mind blowing of both. it is pretty -----ing stupid. they are also incredibly fast and ranged. they basically have the perfect kit with a 5 star rating in every catagory. its kind of bullish.

no one else in the game can STUN twice in a row. or KNOCKDOWN twice in a row. or STIFFNESS twice in a row yet alone reach such a massive level of resist penetration. yet zerkers are somehow allowed to grab combo 7 times in a row? totally -----ing bullshit. not only can they chain it for a needless amount of time but its a CC that is significantly stronger than every other type of CC in the game.

if you wan't a block and super armor penetration CC and a diminishing return ignoring CC then spread it across multiple types not stack all of the op mechanics on a single game mechanic. you were never as unplayable as maehwa's.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is also quite obvious, my answer is yes. Gimic supports handicap - GG

Posted

As a Musa in a 1v1 killing Zerkers is entirely possible if you never get grabbed. Two of their three heals are able to be interrupted you just have to be able to survive and do enough damage so they all go on cool-down, in larger scale they die just as fast as everyone and their only real contribution is the basic 100%.

In small scale, they broke af, but the game isn't balanced around small scale.

This is true, and once people start averaging out at around 220 AP you're going to need to stack a retarded amount of DP to live longer than one combo. 

Posted

I am the 0.1% and think PvP is great.

node.jpg

It's hard to say without being offensive, but people who enjoy the PVP in these games are generally just not matured.  In the way a child can be entertained by rocks.  Their minds just haven't developed into adulthood.  Even though they are designed for a younger audience one would think with today's capabilities it will take a little more to entertain a brain.  When you have 3d shooters and fighting games that have so much more to offer BDO PVP is the bottom of the barrel.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not a berserker but I can tell you the reason they got those buffs apparently is because in KR, where 220+ AP in node wars and sieges is the norm, everyone gets melted easily, and PA thought poor berserkers needed those heals to be relevant in group fights.

Regardless of whether PA's balance is done properly or not, it points out to the fact that they do it around massive group fights, and not around 1v1. This is where those 1v1 abominations come from.

if they balance game around massive group fights than why is maehwa and a couple other classes completely obsolete in group content?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm not a berserker but I can tell you the reason they got those buffs apparently is because in KR, where 220+ AP in node wars and sieges is the norm, everyone gets melted easily, and PA thought poor berserkers needed those heals to be relevant in group fights.

Regardless of whether PA's balance is done properly or not, it points out to the fact that they do it around massive group fights, and not around 1v1. This is where those 1v1 abominations come from.

That explains the HP and heals but not the grabs, you don't usually grab often in nodewars/sieges, aside from that, it is a good argument  I can agree with which I also pointed out too.

It's hard to say without being offensive, but people who enjoy the PVP in these games are generally just not matured.  In the way a child can be entertained by rocks.  Their minds just haven't developed into adulthood.  Even though they are designed for a younger audience one would think with today's capabilities it will take a little more to entertain a brain.  When you have 3d shooters and fighting games that have so much more to offer BDO PVP is the bottom of the barrel.

Can you stop insulting people and start making some points?

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

and now every other class is unplayable? no they should make grab just like every single other CC in the game. it should not be able to go through block. it should not be able to go through SUPER ARMOR. and you should have outright immunity after the first one like with every single other CC.

you should have great survivability or great damage or a moderate amount of both not completely mind blowing of both. it is pretty -----ing stupid. they are also incredibly fast and ranged. they basically have the perfect kit with a 5 star rating in every catagory. its kind of bullish.

no one else in the game can STUN twice in a row. or KNOCKDOWN twice in a row. or STIFFNESS twice in a row yet alone reach such a massive level of resist penetration. yet zerkers are somehow allowed to grab combo 7 times in a row? totally -----ing bullshit. not only can they chain it for a needless amount of time but its a CC that is significantly stronger than every other type of CC in the game.

if you wan't a block and super armor penetration CC and a diminishing return ignoring CC then spread it across multiple types not stack all of the op mechanics on a single game mechanic. you were never as unplayable as maehwa's.

have I ever considered maybe zerker shave a better grasp in how cc chaining works then you do. Kakao already merges success of chain grapples. But there is no success rate if u don't get grabbed and don't say u can't avoid it. Because every class is given some form of awakened mobility. This is more of a get good kinda problem.

Posted

That explains the HP and heals but not the grabs, you don't usually grab often in nodewars/sieges, aside from that, it is a good argument  I can agree with which I also pointed out too.

They gave grip to warriors and valks to so..... 

have I ever considered maybe zerker shave a better grasp in how cc chaining works then you do. Kakao already merges success of chain grapples. But there is no success rate if u don't get grabbed and don't say u can't avoid it. Because every class is given some form of awakened mobility. This is more of a get good kinda problem.

Desync renders this statement completely invalid, eventually you will get grabbed. Even if its from 30ft away behind a wall. 

Posted (edited)

no, warriors always had this passive, but warriors and valks only have 1 grab, not 4, furthermore they are very short and instant.

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

if it is a get good problem. then how come every single class can not combo the exact same? that tanky of a class should not beable to so easily 100-0 you with such low AP.

Posted (edited)

Desync renders this statement completely invalid, eventually you will get grabbed. Even if its from 30ft away behind a wall.

im a wizard, I played zerker on kr. I know when desync will happen because if I knockdown a musa and take just a little bit to long grabbing him, he will right click and escape my grab regardless if I see animation or not. Don't complain about desync it's not as serious as everyone says it is 

if it is a get good problem. then how come every single class can not combo the exact same? that tanky of a class should not beable to so easily 100-0 you with such low AP.

because 11 different skill sets. As a wizard I do have a chain cc combo I use a lot in 1v1 not as long lasting as zerker a but it is effectively just as powerful with a shorter duration

Edited by Undeadmerlin

Posted (edited)

Yep cause our awakening havent alot dmg in pvp like others, cause slugfest is a pasive non scaling levels, and desvastations and the others skills have random aoe dmg and must be casted slowly.

So our main dmg in 1vs1 still being grabs+axes who havent alot dmg too. The only way you can have decent dmg is whit 220+ ap and then you are random 280 dp-305 dp if tets armors, who can be oneshoted by rangers, sorcs and evryone who is geared.

Heals is necesary cause whitout they we are low dmg, low tanking class like when they released awakening that was low tier...

Edited by Tronkun
1 person likes this

Posted

They don't need that since Valkyries need something REAL. I think our last time in Patch Notes (Not awakening) was in June/July...

Posted (edited)

Desync actually benefits everyone against zerkers as it's one of the only ways you ever get out of the chain, resisting the grabs isnt common, unfortunate but true. Personally I'd appreciate it if zerkers got a 25% universal damage reduction defbuff after one grab for 10 seconds or so, that way it isnt as easy for them to kill you with zero counter play. Complain about the "Difficulty" a zerker has to accomplish any task you wish, there is no class in this game that has an easy answer to everything. There is no class that has something as consistent as zerker grab chain in terms of effectiveness and it has no really bearing in siege/node so that any notion that its needed for such is absolute nonsense. Zerkers have average damage, they dont have Ranger/Sorc levels of burst and for good reason they shouldnt.

They have massive health pools and the best sustain in the game technically speaking, by sheer nature and buffs alone they've been made into the perfect juggernaut class. They need to be a disruptive force, not an unstoppable, unkillable killing machine. Even less damage during grabs is necessary imo. If the grabs had to be staggered and could be escaped in between I wouldnt suggest such a thing, but presently there is no consistent way to outplay a grab. Playing keepaway is very hard considering all the super armor, CC and frontal blocks they have. They can outrun nearly any class in the game.

Edited by Nexius
1 person likes this

Posted

+1 they really need to do something about this class.Yesterday 2 dec'd zerk ruined my rotation by grabing non stop.I had time to watch a season of game of thrones ffs came back and i was still flying around

Posted

yeah it is, but to get more DP you are sacrificing a lot of AP. I still need to farm so it just hurts having to get DP jewelry too.

Posted (edited)

if they balance game around massive group fights than why is maehwa and a couple other classes completely obsolete in group content?

Because you don't play good. I am in a region owning guild and our maewhas do fine. 

BTW stacking DP is not a viable option. I have a 360 DP set on my zerker (puts him at 4.3k hp) and it's worthless to use for the most part. You still die in mere seconds if you get CC'd

Desync actually benefits everyone against zerkers as it's one of the only ways you ever get out of the chain, resisting the grabs isnt common, unfortunate but true. Personally I'd appreciate it if zerkers got a 25% universal damage reduction defbuff after one grab for 10 seconds or so, that way it isnt as easy for them to kill you with zero counter play. Complain about the "Difficulty" a zerker has to accomplish any task you wish, there is no class in this game that has an easy answer to everything. There is no class that has something as consistent as zerker grab chain in terms of effectiveness and it has no really bearing in siege/node so that any notion that its needed for such is absolute nonsense. Zerkers have average damage, they dont have Ranger/Sorc levels of burst and for good reason they shouldnt.

They have massive health pools and the best sustain in the game technically speaking, by sheer nature and buffs alone they've been made into the perfect juggernaut class. They need to be a disruptive force, not an unstoppable, unkillable killing machine. Even less damage during grabs is necessary imo. If the grabs had to be staggered and could be escaped in between I wouldnt suggest such a thing, but presently there is no consistent way to outplay a grab. Playing keepaway is very hard considering all the super armor, CC and frontal blocks they have. They can outrun nearly any class in the game.

Zerker grabs don't actually do much for damage other than one, the only one that does is undertaker.

Almost all of the damage in the grab combo comes from undertaker and beastly wind slash, and beastly wind slash was recently nerfed. 

In a perfect grab combo, you are getting hit with smack down twice, rock smash once, and rooting once. Those skills probably wont even do 500hp worth of damage to you if you are 260DP or higher.

However, you will also get hit by 2x undertakers, and 2x Beastly Wind slashes during the grab combo, and this is where the majority of the damage comes from, BWS was nerfed by 20% ish though awhile back

Proper grab combo 

-> Lava Piercer -> Ground lifting -> Blasting or Slugfest -> SmackDown -> Undertaker -> BWS -> Rock Smash -> Corpse Storm -> Undertaker -> BWS -> Rooting 

If a zerker holds you through all of corpse storm, or all of rock smash, you can outpot alot of the damage unless the zerker has like 230ap. 

Also, zerkers have flaws that people still don't capitalize on. Wrath of beast is 100% stoppable, it only has frontal guard. If you are a sorc for example and see a zerk trying to heal with it, simply violate through them and it will float them and stop it.

Also, grabs are also when the zerker is weakest when it's not 1v1. If a zerker is grabbing your ally, there is nothing stopping you from plowing damage into him as he's doing it, and he has no way to stop it. 

One other thing is Fearsome Tyrant (AOE 100%), if you pop super armor before being hit by the first tick, you won't get hit by a couple of the ticks, and then you can simply grab/float the zerker out of it.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Proper grab combo 

-> Lava Piercer -> Ground lifting -> Blasting or Slugfest -> SmackDown -> Undertaker -> BWS -> Rock Smash -> Corpse Storm -> Undertaker -> BWS -> Rooting 

If a zerker holds you through all of corpse storm, or all of rock smash, you can outpot alot of the damage unless the zerker has like 230ap. 

double-chokeslam-o.gif

like this ^ ? that charge though.

Posted

double-chokeslam-o.gif

like this ^ ? that charge though.

Yes. xD

Posted

Yes. xD

Must be good to be fantasy zangief .

Posted

They don't need that since Valkyries need something REAL. I think our last time in Patch Notes (Not awakening) was in June/July...

Valks get tweaks in nearly every patch.

They're just always trivial and to the 80% of our skills that are unsuable in pvp.