• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"The F1 ~ F6 interaction keys have been changed to F5 ~ F10."

"The F1 ~ F6 interaction keys have been changed to F5 ~ F10."   860 votes

1. 1. Should It be changed back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just allow us to change the keys to anything

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Worst change in a long time. Especially for farming, as others have said. I move around with WASD, I just had to move my finger 2 cm up and press F1, now I have to move it all over the keyboard and pay attention I press the right button. (Yes, paying attention right. 

I get the feeling i"m the only one that is happy at this change. It was annoying as **** when I was trying to open a menu like the pearl shop, or the beauty salon, etc and because my cursor just so happened to be pointing at someone close by instead of opening the desired menu I get "you have challenged <persons name here> to a dual." for instance.

But I do agree that letting us edit the keys to whatever we want would have been just fine as well.

Except you already had the chance to change the Pearl shop and beauty salon etc to different buttons and avoid all this.

I don't count how often I opened the stupid craft window when trying to Prune my plants, or the help window when trying to harvest, till I just moved those to different buttons. Problem solved. 

@GMs: If you had just given us the option to change those keybinds to whatever we want, nobody would have complained. It's this change being forced on us that we don't appreciate. 

2 people like this

Posted

Have to agree with most people here.

Please revert or at least let us change these keybindings in the options.

Posted

Same, id constantly open my horse menu when i tried to open the costume shop. 
So this change is wonderful for people like myself; that's too lazy to move 1 ft away from my horse... My horse doesn't like to be left alone 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you visit the pearl store more than 200 times per day? If so you might have a problem...

As ppl have mentioned already this is a pain when handling your daily gardening work and even most games I own for the SNES have options to change button layout. WHY is a game in 2016 missing this????

Posted

This is honestly not a big deal. If anything I feel people are nitpicking over something so small because they don't have much else to discuss.

Simple set of keys, and you *can* rebind them if you wish.

2 people like this

Posted

the change was made to allow us to browser the pearl shop at anytime. $$$ that the only reason behind that change

Posted (edited)

Do you visit the pearl store more than 200 times per day? If so you might have a problem...

As ppl have mentioned already this is a pain when handling your daily gardening work and even most games I own for the SNES have options to change button layout. WHY is a game in 2016 missing this????

Is it really that painful to relearn how to press F-keys? lol

Even though your response is rude, Don't get me wrong i agree with you on the lack of hotkey customization..

Edited by Felyni

Posted

It's mildly annoying, but not game breaking.  I'm sure they have a good reason for changing them and it should not take the average person very long to retrain which key they press to prune.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it really that painful to relearn how to press F-keys? lol

Even though your response is rude, Don't get me wrong i agree with you on the lack of hotkey customization..

Only the first line was directed at you rest was for the topic in general.

I spend about 50-60min daily mending my gardens and this is actually a pretty big annoyance for me. I was simply saying that if you spend as much time clicking the cash shop as I do clicking in my garden then you (or your E-wallet) might rly have a problem. Sry if my amount of gardening wasnt clear in my first post.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, this change was a big help to me. I had long since changed my inventory window button from i to f1 and now instead of accidentally greeting npcs while trying to open a window in their range, I just open the window.

I can also see how this could be an inconvenience to people who were used to the previous f1~f4 set up, but for people like me and more importantly others who use their first function keys for skills (I used to do this in previous games), it is very nice that we have these great real estate (close to wasd) freed up.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The thing that doesn't make ANY sense about this ... is if Kakao really wanted to do this to avoid confusion when we're targetting our Mounts/Plants with these F keys.....  then WHY THE F*** DIDN'T JUST MOVE THE STUPID HELP/GUIDE/BEAUTY MENUS TO F6-F9 instead???

No it doesn't personally affect me b/c I use a gamepad so I just remapped their bad remap to my old key.  But seeing it affect so many other people and realizing what an Amateur move this is .... yeah I REALLY wanna know what they were thinking here?  If there was seriously any clueless newbs who had trouble even locating help menus, then the AWFUL so called assistance you get from pressing F1/F2 isn't going to help them.  Imagine if they'd just done the slightest bit of Research beforehand or just straight up asked on the forums if it was really a good idea or not?

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted

Well those salty folk can dream about it, cause i never leave heidel.If you want to PM me your negativity, you can. I enjoy it <3.

My gosh
-_-

The quiet life in serendia/belanos, goat Mountain used to be my favorite, have't went there in ages after leaving my house there, time to go visit again.

1 person likes this

Posted

change it back at least for farming please

Posted

change it back at least for farming please

ikr this annoys me the most lmao

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is honestly not a big deal. If anything I feel people are nitpicking over something so small because they don't have much else to discuss.

Simple set of keys, and you *can* rebind them if you wish.

Please show me how to rebind my action keys please. I'm sure we'll all be happy to find a way to rebind these to the positions that they were originally designed to be in.
Oh wait you didn't take the 3 seconds to check if they actually can be rebinded did you.

Edited by Multarix

Posted

this is a trick of daum guys. use your brains

now everytime you try to open inventory of your horse you land on the pearl shop by a missclick, so you can buy more and make them richer

Posted

@iller what gamepad do you use, and do you like it better than a keyboard i've been considering one for a time now. Also this is pretty damn annoying i've played well over a year counting korea and changing the keys does sorta ----- me up since im used to the way it was muscle memory of doing it so long.

Posted (edited)

I'm not unhappy with the change, it was slightly too easy to steal by accident while trying to open the Pearl Store (F3).

Never checked if I ever got anything from it other then negative karma and amity though.

Edited by Lugardian

Posted (edited)

Only the first line was directed at you rest was for the topic in general.

I spend about 50-60min daily mending my gardens and this is actually a pretty big annoyance for me. I was simply saying that if you spend as much time clicking the cash shop as I do clicking in my garden then you (or your E-wallet) might rly have a problem. Sry if my amount of gardening wasnt clear in my first post.

Want to spend 50-60min daily and mend my garden? ayyy .

anyway..
Again F4 is life.
I mend my character hairstyles/bodies just as much as you mend your gardens. No lie.

Is it a problem? Maybe? I love redesigning/designing new templates. That's how i enjoy my gameplay, just like you enjoy yours tending flowers. :) 

Edited by Felyni

Posted

All these people, tilted by a few key changes...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The quiet life in serendia/belanos, goat Mountain used to be my favorite, have't went there in ages after leaving my house there, time to go visit again.

I accidentally had heilang out on goat mountain, whilst in *attack* mode...The poor goats didn't see it coming, heilang was on a roll....If i had to give heilang a nickname it would be anakin, because not even the Younglins were spared.

Edited by Felyni

Posted

Yea over 200 people are annoyed they changed something for no reason this late.

Posted

Swap your left and right mouse buttons around in windows and play like that for a while. You will probably get used to it.

Posted (edited)

No news? >.<

Edited by TempIar

Posted

@GM_Caramel @CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

How about letting us keybind our keys the way we want to?  Why do you have to permalock certain keys?  And definitely don't change how keys work after the game has been out for almost a year.

Posted

Great. I just set up my new keyboard, and now I have to rebind it all again.