• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"The F1 ~ F6 interaction keys have been changed to F5 ~ F10."

"The F1 ~ F6 interaction keys have been changed to F5 ~ F10."   860 votes

1. 1. Should It be changed back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just allow us to change the keys to anything

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

265 People : Yes/Allow us to change the keybinds
16 People : No

And thats only the people that have seen this and bothered to leave a vote. So many more people would agree as well.

I hope that one of the CM's/GM's see this and bring it up. I'd like to see us able to change the keybinds ourselves in a future patch.

2 people like this

Posted

This better get addressed and/or fixed by next wednesday or im gonna get even more pissy and start spamming topics about it in all relatively related forum sections...

Posted

I have F5 ~ F10 set as hotkeys. So yesterday when I was mashing F8 to feed my cats I ended up challenging some decked out top guild sorc to a duel :$

Thankfully he was afk chopping wood.

A lot of mistakes are being made, like constantly opening my mounts inventory because I have a thingy on F6. Really wouldn't mind if they changed it back. Otherwise I just have to get use to it I guess.

Posted

It's annoying, but not game breaking.  I just want to see an explanation in the patch notes when they do seemingly nonsensical stuff like this.  All we get is the notification that the keys were changed, and of course, everyone reading goes, "Why...?"

Posted

Why would they do this in the first place? I press F1 now and its just a Key instruction which I will probably never use.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i personaly have stuff binded ti F1 > F6, so like things to F6 > F12, so, whatever the solution its more or less the same for me, except that, it now overwrite correctly the keybind i've set

previewsly, i wasnt able at all to use the F1 > F6, so i needed to click with the mouse on the aviable options.

But, the best option, is to let ppl set the keys they want to use

So indicate thoses choosed keys will overwrite any function ( only when the F1>F6 menu thing appear ) if the choosed key already is used for something.

Edited by woots

Posted

It's annoying, but not game breaking.  I just want to see an explanation in the patch notes when they do seemingly nonsensical stuff like this.  All we get is the notification that the keys were changed, and of course, everyone reading goes, "Why...?"

Actually if you do certain things in the game it is pretty game breaking. Please go take a try at farming. The severe discomfort of pressing F6 to prune instead of F2....on 100 crops every 15-30 minutes or more, that my dear friend Kyrielle is enough to make you want to throw a tractor at whoevers wonderful idea it was to put the cash shop and beauty salon ahead of functionality.

4 people like this

Posted

Actually if you do certain things in the game it is pretty game breaking. Please go take a try at farming. The severe discomfort of pressing F6 to prune instead of F2....on 100 crops every 15-30 minutes or more, that my dear friend Kyrielle is enough to make you want to throw a tractor at whoevers wonderful idea it was to put the cash shop and beauty salon ahead of functionality.

This. To reach F5 or even higher my hand has to leave the base position and thats insanely uncomfortable. My fingers are supposed to move to reach all hotkeys not my whole hand and thus my arm. It just doesnt feel right and if you have 72 farming slots and need to prune and breed 72 times twice a day you are just more than annoyed.

2 people like this

Posted

So, I'm just getting seriously into farming (need those fruits for alchemy, damn it) and this change is AWFUL. Please let us at least remap these keys.

Posted

I get the feeling i"m the only one that is happy at this change. It was annoying as **** when I was trying to open a menu like the pearl shop, or the beauty salon, etc and because my cursor just so happened to be pointing at someone close by instead of opening the desired menu I get "you have challenged <persons name here> to a dual." for instance.

But I do agree that letting us edit the keys to whatever we want would have been just fine as well.

That's what the <ESC> key is for, then select Pearl Shop.

1 person likes this

Posted

This. To reach F5 or even higher my hand has to leave the base position and thats insanely uncomfortable. My fingers are supposed to move to reach all hotkeys not my whole hand and thus my arm. It just doesnt feel right and if you have 72 farming slots and need to prune and breed 72 times twice a day you are just more than annoyed.

Pretty much this. I'm not exactly doing much farming or anything, but this is a pretty simple concept. The keys you use most should be the easiest to reach without effort. So while F5-F8 are technically under the domain of the right hand when using proper touch-typing posture, when you're playing a game you're probably not sitting with that hand in home position ready to type unless you're shitposting in Channel. Your left hand might be near enough to home position given default WASD for movement, but your right hand is in most cases going to be on your mouse and thus nowhere near its home position.

Agreed that the bigger problem is the lack of configuration options and the lack of stated reasoning for the changes moreso than anything else, however.

Posted

Bump for awareness please GOD change this shit back.

Posted

I do not understand the reason behind the changed keys. The F1-F4 was more comfortable, when I used my horse skills.

Posted

It's just silliness. You should be able to change them manually with old f1-f4 as default (pearl and stuff moved rightward).

Honestly, I'd thought we were past the dark ages of gaming where you couldn't change keybinds and keys were set in awkward positions. Welcome to black desert.:)

Posted (edited)

Just....just dont

What was the point in this? After all this time they change it? Why?

Capture.thumb.PNG.c7eded037885f33c8134ed

Usually I interact with clicks and few times with keys but I understand that some people may feel uncomfy when they have to change habit, it would be nice to be able to personalize more keys, I guess MScq5J8.gif

Since there are many votes ... (even though the polls might not be considered reliable yet)

Kindly asking @GM_Caramel (hi!) if it is possible to let everyone know the opinion of the staff regarding this matter, please reply when possible ... just leaving my notification here n8qbsFH.gif

Edited by Akesuke

Posted

It's actually aids.

However this is made for the Koreans and have you seen those guys play StarCraft? They have like 16 fingers so this probably doesn't affect them at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

If keys were from start f5-f10 then no1 would cry ... A post with kfc and jojo it means its just for trolling the forums .

Posted (edited)

Just....just dont

What was the point in this? After all this time they change it? Why?

Capture.thumb.PNG.c7eded037885f33c8134ed

Kakao cut a deal with Logitech, Razer, Steel Series, and several other gaming keyboard manufacturers. This is all a ploy to feed hardware developers money via the increase in demand for reprogrammable keyboards. /tinfoil

logitech.PNG

Edited by jangalangz

Posted

Is it really that hard to click F5 instead of F1?.....i mean you are all hardcore gamer's right.

Posted

I've heard that XIGNCODE3 doesnt allow autohotkey. Any suggestions on what program I can use to remap my keys and undo this -----up?

Posted

Kakao cut a deal with Logitech, Razer, Steel Series, and several other gaming keyboard manufacturers. This is all a ploy to feed hardware developers money via the increase in demand for reprogrammable keyboards. /tinfoil

logitech.PNG

So you want me to change my keys for EVERYTHING instead? Logic

If keys were from start f5-f10 then no1 would cry ... A post with kfc and jojo it means its just for trolling the forums .

Oh yes over 540 people have voted and agreed with me. Must mean im trolling.

Posted (edited)

You clearly missed the satire in my post

Edited by jangalangz

Posted

echoing previous statements from this thread this change is -----ing awful

Posted

I still haven't gotten used to the change, please change it back.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please fix this back or allow us to change the interaction hotkeys. Every time a player passes me in the field, I accidentally invite them to a guild while fighting mobs. Every time I'm in town and try to feed my pet, I accidentally challenge people to a duel. Every time I try to open the horse inventory, nothing happens because the interaction key changed.

Please update BDO to the bare minimum MMORPG standard of allowing us to customize our hotkeys.

Thank you.

Edited by Awakens
1 person likes this