• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

First nerf in todays patch?

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Only one Lava Field/Toxic Field effect will actively deal damage when multiple instances of the skill are cast in the same location.

Eg its effect will not stack when cast on world boss mobs or in fights where there are more than one witch/wiz; so we have one less spell for damage output.

OR you guys read it differently?

PS

It seems this also removes one of our long range spells; so now we are forced to be mid range too short range with all but one other awakened spell. Except, we do not have the natural hit-points or defences of the other classes. (IF for example our effect cycle of damage was 100 it is now 65-70, the dps that this spell gave should be redistributed onto/across our other spells so that we still have the same output across a cycle even if it is less range/AoE)

Further, is it the first person's Lava/Toxic cast that effects the mob or the last, because it seems to me that we could end up wasting a lot of casting time/mana using this spell without knowing if it was going to take (you know like our CC's spells but worse)

Finally, 'same location'; I cast on person A and spell activates, person A moves 1 metre in 1sec, caster B casts spell on person A... how much distance must there be before the spell will activate, 1mm, 1meter, 10 meter, no overlap??? (seems it would have been best (less detrimental) to make this 'single target spell')

Edited by Diobolica
Added PS..

Posted

I'm not sure, why they made it this way, isn't the loot calculated by individual's damage on the mob?

I know a couple of bosses dropped really fast when there were a ton of wizard/Witchs at the spawn, but this one is pretty harsh, I think.

Posted

Its to hinder that wizards/witches are spamming pools in nodewars in the enemys base so that all players in there insta die doe to that the whole base is filled with stacking pools that do tons off dmg

Posted (edited)

Its to hinder that wizards/witches are spamming pools in nodewars in the enemys base so that all players in there insta die doe to that the whole base is filled with stacking pools that do tons off dmg

Perhaps they should have just made it in Node wars then, if that was the issue. Oh well, we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks I guess.

Edited by Malarith
2 people like this

Posted

Why they couldn't have made the spells different for pve and pvp as with other spells i don't know.  To just gimp our boss dmg is lazy indeed

Posted

+We should stand against this nerf. It's BS. Then again, using an Addon +20 PvE Damage and Controlled Madness then Lava Land is kind of busted... 
But most people rolled Witch anyway because they say Witch is the only PvP class of the two. 

Posted

Only one Lava Field/Toxic Field effect will actively deal damage when multiple instances of the skill are cast in the same location.

Eg its effect will not stack when cast on world boss mobs or in fights where there are more than one witch/wiz; so we have one less spell for damage output.

OR you guys read it differently?

PS

It seems this also removes one of our long range spells; so now we are forced to be mid range too short range with all but one other awakened spell. Except, we do not have the natural hit-points or defences of the other classes.

Further, is it the first person's Lava/Toxic cast that effects the mob or the last, because it seems to me that we could end up wasting a lot of casting time/mana using this spell without knowing if it was going to take (you know like our CC's spells but worse)

Finally, 'same location'; I cast on person A and spell activates, person A moves 1 metre in 1sec, caster B casts spell on person A... how much distance must there be before the spell will activate, 1mm, 1meter, 10 meter, no overlap??? (seems it would have been best (less detrimental) to make this 'single target spell')

wha did you expect? Buffs?

lellel hope your class gets deleted.

Posted

wha did you expect? Buffs?

lellel hope your class gets deleted.

Well, wizard was buffed last patch. It just wasn't in the patch notes.

I'm sorry to disappoint you :P

Posted

Well, wizard was buffed last patch. It just wasn't in the patch notes.

I'm sorry to disappoint you :P

2bad good thing all wizard are class carried and they don't learn to play properly and get punished. 

Posted

2bad good thing all wizard are class carried and they don't learn to play properly and get punished. 

If you think a class with pretty long casting animations, clunky connection between skills, lack of mobility and a grab that hits like 2/10 times is class carried, then maybe you're right.

Posted

I thought this was already implemented.

At least it was done in KR weeks ago.

Posted

If this is bothering you, you really have issues.

This does nothing to nerf wizard/witch other than making it so they cant overpower in PvP with no effort. Should have 0 effect on your day to day PvE unless you were just trying to kill everything easy mode with another witch/wiz

Posted

If this is bothering you, you really have issues.

This does nothing to nerf wizard/witch other than making it so they cant overpower in PvP with no effort. Should have 0 effect on your day to day PvE unless you were just trying to kill everything easy mode with another witch/wiz

so salty.

Posted

greyzone.thumb.jpg.718ef3217db3a3298a5e2

Posted

It actually seems fair to me... :P

Posted (edited)

That seems like a rather harsh nerf to be honest. Do they limit how many rangers can spam descending current. Did they limit how many witch lightenings can be used at 1 spot.... If they do it for 1 class due to AOE stacking, all AOE skills should not stack regardless of class. Sorcs violation shouldnt stack etc lul

Sorry to read about kakao living up to their reputation again.

With 1 nerf that has pretty heavily reduced the effectiveness of witch/wiz in large scale group pvp. Maybe they realise the servers cant really handle the merge and are now nerfing anything to do with teams/groups to lessen the server load. This is the most single player mmorpg I have seen

Edited by SphereJargon
3 people like this

Posted

So during a boss fight only one witch/wiz gets to deal dmg with my favourite awa skill... this is just [finish with whatever curse you like]

Posted

chill ppl, the skill is actually rather trash. i just barely play with it anyway

Posted

Somebody got owned by a Wizard :P

Posted

@GM_Caramel @CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo, @GMs 

This change is a really bad precedent.   Why not make it so each person/mob can only take damage by one instance of any given ability?  Like if you're being attacked by 10 warriors, only one gravedigger can damage you?   Because..... it would makes no sense??!?!?!?

Instead, they should've just reduced the PVP damage of the Lava/Poison Field skills.  WHICH IS THE MECHANIC THEY ALREADY HAVE FOR MAKING SKILLS NOT DO TOO MUCH DAMAGE IN PVP.   Why they decided to go this other route instead isn't comprehensible.

If someone spends the resources (MP and time casting), then it should have an affect.  Like every time someone swings their sword.   Effectively they've removed this skill from large group combat viability because you don't know if anyone else is casting it, so why waste the time and mana to do it?

1 person likes this

Posted

If they really made this change, I am really dissapointed in them .. :(

Posted

chill ppl, the skill is actually rather trash. i just barely play with it anyway

It's trash now.  

Lava-Field could be almost like a Blizzard AOE coming from the ground when coordinated with others, sir.  

This nerf makes very little sense.

If three Wizards cast Lava Field at the same time in the same spot, who get's the XP/skill points?  Who's AP damage is applied?  What are we supposed to do, guess when other Witch/Wiz are going to cast this skill on a Field Boss or a Mob in a pickup grind group you're not in teamspeak with?

They've effectively removed any incentive to ever risk using this skill outside of solo grinding is what they did.  And in that case, yes it is rather trash. They might as well have deleted it entirely.  

Hoping they renege on this next patch.  Really disappointed with this nerf, it seems like little thought went into it and it came about rather rushed for some reason.  

Posted

They've effectively removed any incentive to ever risk using this skill outside of solo grinding is what they did.  And in that case, yes it is rather trash. They might as well have deleted it entirely.  

While I agree the nerf was harsh, it is still one of the most useful skills for solo grinding.

Posted

While I agree the nerf was harsh, it is still one of the most useful skills for solo grinding.

Agreed, I would be pissed if they removed it entirely. Hell, make it do no damage at all, I don't really care. Just let me keep my aggro field.

Posted

This nerf is not new and was already discussed. Everyone should have known that this was coming (you should really spend more time reading the Korean patch notes).