• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Bug with latest patch? CoherentUI_Host.exe using extra 25% CPU now!

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The performance after today's patch have been wonky, and I noticed that the CoherentUI_Host.exe is using 12% x2 cpu usage (24% total approx) along with the BDO.exe cpu usage with intel 6700k i7 @ 4.4ghz. I turned the fps optimizer off and it seems to have helped on performance, but the high cpu usage from CoherentUI_Host.exe remains.

Please fix the game's bad optimization.

Edited by Mentos
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

The performance after today's patch have been wonky, and I noticed that the CoherentUI_Host.exe is using 12% x2 cpu usage (24% total approx) along with the BDO.exe cpu usage with intel 6700k i7 @ 4.4ghz. I turned the fps optimizer off and it seems to have helped on performance, but the high cpu usage from CoherentUI_Host.exe remains.

Got the exact bug, I  solved it.

Exit game.
Go  to 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2
And rename the xcorona.xem file to xcorona.xem.bak

Go to regedit by pressing WIN+R and type regedit.exe then press enter
Go to this tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\Allowgamedvr in regedit
Change the option "value" from 1 to 0

Rj5PYHU.png

Restart windows

Launch the game again and enjoy.

My processes right now.

KwKuh29.png

Edited by Jibz

Posted

What causes the bug? Curious as Coherent UI uses 0% for me, why is it not broke for me?

Posted

What causes the bug? Curious as Coherent UI uses 0% for me, why is it not broke for me?

The bug is that coherent UI sucks if used like a noob.

Hint. The end users aren't the noobs in this case.
(Generally aren't.)

1 person likes this

Posted

-snip-

Any fix for Windows 7?

Posted

i  have mostly 3-5 coherentUI.exe running at the same time no idea why they spam my cpu up to 100% usage until the game is unplayable. only way for me to fix with Win 7 is to open the task manager and shutdown all coherentUI.exe manually. that exe is running the ingame browser window so if you shut them down the blackspirit adventure isnt loading anymore but the game at all runs totally fine and smooth again.

Posted

funny, i have zero issues with this, and my client stays running without DC until maint.
there are several instances, but none of them are using any CPU and very minimum memory
has to be something up with ya'lls client, or system

Capture.JPG

Posted

I have the same problem, ending the process seems to fix it, but then it just comes back later.

Posted

CoherentUI is only used for some HTML stuff (mainly the Guild pages and the videos for every skill). You can just kill the process, the game will not crash but those UI elements will no longer be displayed.

Posted

You can kill the process and restart the coherent.exe (rightclick on the process and click on "open path") and all is fine :)

Posted

Genuinely surprised it wasn't a hidden bitcoin miner, one that targets people that aren't pulling their weight in the cash shop.

Posted

have the same problem have to kill the process, but then the stupid board game doesn't work anymore until a restart of client.

any fix for win7?

Posted

Got the exact bug, I  solved it.

Exit game.
Go  to 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na\2
And rename the xcorona.xem file to xcorona.xem.bak

Go to regedit by pressing WIN+R and type regedit.exe then press enter
Go to this tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\Allowgamedvr in regedit
Change the option "value" from 1 to 0

Rj5PYHU.png

Restart windows

Launch the game again and enjoy.

My processes right now.

KwKuh29.png

Worked until the last patch this week, now still 20-30% CPU Usage and more important... heavy cpu temperature increase !

Posted

Ive been dealing with this issue for like 2 months+ now. Theres other threads on it, and they dont seem to care about the issue. I just shut down the processes when I start the game now. It sucks during Black Spirit Adventure cause I miss out sometimes.

Posted

Last night i noticed some stutter in my gameplay,i check my fps and im suddenly hovering in the high 20's low 30's WITH stutters too,im like wtf is going on ;.; I check coherent ui.DRINKING 39% OF MY CPU TWO TIMES.I closed em both.back to 60 fps >< I had the coherent ui problem before but it wasent so bad as with latest patch

Posted

You can kill the process and restart the coherent.exe (rightclick on the process and click on "open path") and all is fine :)

yea, except you always need to have a task manager open on a second monitor, or a temp monitor you watch like a hawk, cause each CoherentUI process adds like 7-9 degrees onto ym CPU when it 'flares up'. Also, when it flares up mid Nodewar, grind session or during an RBF, you have to stop what youre doing and force close like 5 different tasks? Working as intended I guess?

All is fine means much different things these days. I didnt deal with this stuff with any game, ever, in over 20 years. Game issues, sure... but issues that literally wear down your hardware at an extremely accelerated rate? Im surprised they havent been held accountable for burnt out CPU's.

The main issue with this whole thing, is the dead air from Kakao about it. This is a pretty serious issue for a game that you leave AFKing for so long. If the process start running wild when youre setting your guy up for nighttime afk, and you dont notice, it runs your CPU like a monster all night.

CoherentUI is only used for some HTML stuff (mainly the Guild pages and the videos for every skill). You can just kill the process, the game will not crash but those UI elements will no longer be displayed.

Not sure why you accept this as a 'fix'?

Posted

/reloadui kills them for me, and is also a quick/easy fix rather than ending the processes which makes ingame menus not appear sometimes (black spirit dice game namely, which we don't have currently). I usually have to do it once or twice a day

I can always tell when they're active because it makes my CPU cooler jump to 80% fan speed, which is the only time I can hear it. 

Posted

when there is  no dice event running find the exe replace it with a fake one, peace of mind

Posted

if('coshit.ui.crapUIWrapper.exe'.cpuUsage > 20%){

killAll(coshit.ui.crapUIWrapper.exe)

}

problem solved.

Posted

how do i do that on win 10 War?

Posted

I tryed the tips of Jibz

Not work...

.eJwNwlEOgyAMANC7cAC6AmrxNgQJmikltMaPZXf

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how valid this is but according to a developer friend who researched it a bit he said that Coherent UI is a program that behaves very similar to a rootkit and actually farms your computer's CPU and other resources to render the game on other clients that are in your area.  The faster you computer the more it is farmed.  It's very similar to how Limewire and Napster used to work for file sharing.  If you notice sometimes when you are idle for long periods of time you can have up to 10 or 15 threads of coherentUI running in your processes... Again I can't verify how true his claims are but that would certainly explain why you take such a performance hit....

Last night i noticed some stutter in my gameplay,i check my fps and im suddenly hovering in the high 20's low 30's WITH stutters too,im like wtf is going on ;.; I check coherent ui.DRINKING 39% OF MY CPU TWO TIMES.I closed em both.back to 60 fps >< I had the coherent ui problem before but it wasent so bad as with latest patch

See my above response.    

how do i do that on win 10?

Here is a solution I found for windows 10 that seems to be working:

1) Hit ctrl + Alt + Delete and bring up the task manager. 
2) right click on coherentUi and select "open file location"
3) in the file location right click the .Exe file and select properties
4) click on the "security" tab and 
5) in the permissions window check "deny" next to "read and execute" for all users. 
6) click "apply"
7) go back into task manager and end process for all instances of coherent UI

goodbye Coherent UI... but also goodbye black spirit jumanji.... so that's your downside. and you have to go through special administrator access privilages to undo it, but it's not terribly difficult... just a pain in the ass if you want to turn it on and off for jumanji rolls. 

funny, i have zero issues with this, and my client stays running without DC until maint.
there are several instances, but none of them are using any CPU and very minimum memory
has to be something up with ya'lls client, or system

Capture.JPG

I'm not sure why you aren't experiencing the same issues but if my developer friend is correct then it might be that If you have a low end computer or there aren't any other client users near by then Coherent won't farm you computer out to render the game on other people's computers... but again, that's just me theorizing. 

i  have mostly 3-5 coherentUI.exe running at the same time no idea why they spam my cpu up to 100% usage until the game is unplayable. only way for me to fix with Win 7 is to open the task manager and shutdown all coherentUI.exe manually. that exe is running the ingame browser window so if you shut them down the blackspirit adventure isnt loading anymore but the game at all runs totally fine and smooth again.

see my above responses to see why it's potentially draining your computer's resources. 

as for a solution try going to your 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\host\  folder and try using the method I describe above for windows 10 by "Denying" read & execute permissions for that .exe.   That will permablock coherent UI but it's a mild pain to undo as you have to use admin privilages to restore its read and execute functions.  So don't do it if you want an easy toggle for black spirit jumanji... but if you don't care about that then the solution works like a charm!

Edited by JoeBravo

Posted (edited)

We have all found a way to deal with the issue but the problem remains. @PM_Jouska we need this to be addressed pls. The tech team should stop working on decorating Heidel and optimise the game instead. 

Edited by Isteria

Posted

This issue still persists. I was just looking to see if anyone else had this issue and it still appears to be. My only fix is to end the process within the task manager every time I start up the game.

Posted

I wonder what takes so long to fix this problem... it's been months now. @PM_Jouska

Can we get dev attention please?