• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Marketplace is a mess

19 posts in this topic

Posted

This game has a lot of room to improve so I won't belabor the point but the marketplace is a mess.  Preorders almost never work properly and the devs say "this is intentional".  Even the notifications don't work.  I'm literally sitting watching the marketplace, get a notification saying "+14 liverto on sale".  I immediately look, it's not on sale.  I wait there for 10 minutes, no recent trades showing so I don't think I missed it.  Eventually I close the marketplace UI, open it back up, and sure enough, recent trade, $47m.  Thanks BDO.  I had this shit up for like 8 hours waiting to snipe an item because we can't just have a normal auction house like Guild Wars 2.  There are so many things driving me away from this stupid game and today really just put me over the top.  

Honestly just to continue my rant, the bid thing is stupid too.  When has anyone gone to an auction and heard someone say "Can I get 100, 100, 100, sold to someone randomly".  No, it goes, 100, 120, 140, 160, etc...

TLDR: marketplace is a mess with stupid price controls and a stupid system.  Just make it like GW2 auction house which is similar to real life trading.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Honestly just to continue my rant, the bid thing is stupid too.  When has anyone gone to an auction and heard someone say "Can I get 100, 100, 100, sold to someone randomly".  No, it goes, 100, 120, 140, 160, etc..."

that's what preorders are for

1 person likes this

Posted

Non-Pearl items get listed in he market place within minimum 10 and maximum 15 minutes. 

Pearl items get listed within minimum 1 and maximum 2.5 minutes after the notification(could be slightly wrong someone else can correct me).

The "100,200,300...." bid system exists in the form of preorders. Everyone places his price and the highest bidder wins.

Your way of expressing a complain is really annoying.

Posted

"Honestly just to continue my rant, the bid thing is stupid too.  When has anyone gone to an auction and heard someone say "Can I get 100, 100, 100, sold to someone randomly".  No, it goes, 100, 120, 140, 160, etc..."

that's what preorders are for

If the worked, which they don't.  And the devs say "this is by design"

And I was talking about the "bid" button that just gives it to a random guy

Non-Pearl items get listed in he market place within minimum 10 and maximum 15 minutes. 

Pearl items get listed within minimum 1 and maximum 2.5 minutes after the notification(could be slightly wrong someone else can correct me).

The "100,200,300...." bid system exists in the form of preorders. Everyone places his price and the highest bidder wins.

Your way of expressing a complain is really annoying.

The fact that you don't know there is a bid button that has a stupid function incongruent to any real life situation is annoying.

Preorder system is broken, everyone knows this.

Posted

Another crybaby that didnt get his item after trying 1-5 times. Really sad let me aknowledge your pain and we can move on to next pointless thread.

Posted

me being new here.. it seems the bidding is RNG (pearl items mainly).. Ive been trying to get a pet:( so far I havnt been able to get one off of the AH.. And I have sat there for a hour or 2 just waiting for 1 to pop up and try..  so far no luck:(

Posted

me being new here.. it seems the bidding is RNG (pearl items mainly).. Ive been trying to get a pet:( so far I havnt been able to get one off of the AH.. And I have sat there for a hour or 2 just waiting for 1 to pop up and try..  so far no luck:(

bid system is complete RNG, you click bid and it just picks a random person.  To most people this is completely ridiculous.  To someone like Matys, this is what makes BDO the best game ever.

Also here's the best part about the pre-order system, directly from the developer:

Regardless of the above, there is also always a chance that an item will skip the pre-order phase and go directly onto the marketplace as a normal sale. This is an intended game mechanic.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210753829-Marketplace-Problems

Posted

This game has a lot of room to improve so I won't belabor the point but the marketplace is a mess.  Preorders almost never work properly and the devs say "this is intentional".  Even the notifications don't work.  I'm literally sitting watching the marketplace, get a notification saying "+14 liverto on sale".  I immediately look, it's not on sale.  I wait there for 10 minutes, no recent trades showing so I don't think I missed it.  Eventually I close the marketplace UI, open it back up, and sure enough, recent trade, $47m.  Thanks BDO.  I had this shit up for like 8 hours waiting to snipe an item because we can't just have a normal auction house like Guild Wars 2.  There are so many things driving me away from this stupid game and today really just put me over the top.  

Honestly just to continue my rant, the bid thing is stupid too.  When has anyone gone to an auction and heard someone say "Can I get 100, 100, 100, sold to someone randomly".  No, it goes, 100, 120, 140, 160, etc...

TLDR: marketplace is a mess with stupid price controls and a stupid system.  Just make it like GW2 auction house which is similar to real life trading.

ahahaha this guy doesnt know there is a 10-15 minute wait. Think of it like someone saying hey i just got a message this item will be on the market soon! thats your notification. Giving you time to prepare... cause some of us are out doing things like grinding, world bosses, pvp, etc. Then there is a 30 second bidding period on the listed item when it comes up. So you, your brother, his father, your father, your sister's brother's fiance all try to get it and now you gotta do the rng gamble. 

Same with preorders, there is a % chance it will skip cause lets be honest... if 1000 people put a preorder up then those who want to try the above method would never get to do it!

it even explains it in the bottom right with the Bidding? button

Posted (edited)

lol that system you referring is a messed up.. if you say that price will go up is there a limit or not? if there is not. then it will be a way to transfer or trading silver. making unnecessary auction just to transfer silver... and if there's a limit then what kind of limit if 100 limit is 150? then what happen if reaches 150 no one can bid now? so you're limiting no. of people to bid? its better that way.. the fastest person wins. sadly to people who has high ping.. they got delayed results.. but my experience is I won and Lost a bid.. so its really fair. better than the old capcha thing.

and sadly i tried to put up 3 dandelions for a pre order set up and so unlucky all of them didn't go to pre order.. so lucky to those person who won the bid right?

Edited by Massix

Posted

GW2 had no price controls and it worked fine.  Price controls are stupid, that's why you see a million people spamming "wtb dandelion".  Because people who actually would sell one, won't sell them for the fake price.  That's why they're getting pearls on the black market for them.  It's ironic that a South Korean game would implement North Korean pricing.  LOL.  Oh well, sorry to bother you guys.  I will let all of you get back to all the "end game content" this game has.

Posted

To be honest after today's patch, it does feel like the marketplace is a mess...I'm totally salty that I spent close 1 mil per wagon cover before maintenance, only to find out that the prices were decreased by close to 50% afterwards...

Posted

The fact that you don't know there is a bid button that has a stupid function incongruent to any real life situation is annoying.

This is not real life. This is a game with its unique mechanics. And again, the preorder system is an auction style bid system where the highest bid wins. There is a chance though that an item will skip this preorder system and go directly to the marketplace, so that people who can not afford the high price overhead of a preorder, can still get the item by "bidding" (the button I don't know about...). By pressing the bid button u get a number as every other bidder. After counting phase ends, a winner is decided and u need to check this out on your own. This system allows everyone, rich or not to have a chance to get any given item.

The fact that you got hysterical about not seeing an item listed when notified because you were completely oblivious to the delay between a notification and a listing is hilarious.

Learn before you complain. Ask like a decent human for information. Don't get hysterical over something that both you don't know how it works but also is just a game design issue. Preorder system is not broken and those who know otherwise are wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like the part where u compare a game where we summon flame demons and use a scythe to chop monsters in half to real life...

Posted

This is not real life. This is a game with its unique mechanics. And again, the preorder system is an auction style bid system where the highest bid wins. There is a chance though that an item will skip this preorder system and go directly to the marketplace, so that people who can not afford the high price overhead of a preorder, can still get the item by "bidding" (the button I don't know about...). By pressing the bid button u get a number as every other bidder. After counting phase ends, a winner is decided and u need to check this out on your own. This system allows everyone, rich or not to have a chance to get any given item.

The fact that you got hysterical about not seeing an item listed when notified because you were completely oblivious to the delay between a notification and a listing is hilarious.

Learn before you complain. Ask like a decent human for information. Don't get hysterical over something that both you don't know how it works but also is just a game design issue. Preorder system is not broken and those who know otherwise are wrong.

this sums it up.

However, happened I won a pre-order with a really low price put (like 1 silver more of the suggested price), chances there were other better pre-orders is/was high, so I can't help but suspect there may be another layer of RNG involved, but it's just speculation ofc.

Posted

Preorders almost never work properly and the devs say "this is intentional".  

It seem more likely you don't know how pre-orders work, if your pre-order doesn't work then it's simply ebcause someone has bid more than you. It even gives you a notification in the game when someone has pre-ordered higher than you and got the item. 

Even the notifications don't work.  I'm literally sitting watching the marketplace, get a notification saying "+14 liverto on sale".  I immediately look, it's not on sale.

Have you EVER listed anything on the marketplace? The notification pops up when the item is listed for sale, but there's still a 10-15 minute queue until it turns up on the marketplace. Go list an item now and it'll even show you the timer.

There are so many things driving me away from this stupid game and today really just put me over the top.  

Then please quit, this system is evidently not simple enough for some special people. :) 

First all off, this is a game so your whole "real life" argument goes out the window, when have you ever seen a goblin in real life? Also, if this system existed I could guarantee 100% that you would make a thread complaining that the system only favoured those who have the most silver. 

TLDR: marketplace is a mess with stupid price controls and a stupid system.  

The "stupid" price controls are the only thing keeping the economy in check and stopping a handful of people from ruining the economy. I'm terribly sorry that you don't know how to use such a simple system. 

Just make it like GW2 auction house which is similar to real life trading.

Or, quit whining and go play GW2 :) 

Posted

When I sell pearl items on market (to win every week), from people requesting them, sales post in 5 mins.  I could set a timer to them.  As far as notifications go as soon as it pops, I start a 30 min timer and it post in about 25 mins.  I don't use preorders so cant help you there.  

Posted

So OP is triggered cause they used the term "bid" for an actual rng give-away. And pre-order using the actual bid. Pre-order works as intended, when an item is listed there's a chance it doesn't go to pre-order, why is that genius? so pre-orders whales don't get everything. i've pre-ordered myself many things, and friends of mine as well (dandelion for 350m comes to mind, that's a -----ing high bid, no doubt he won, in +6 or +5 cant remember).

Posted

bid system is complete RNG, you click bid and it just picks a random person.  To most people this is completely ridiculous.  To someone like Matys, this is what makes BDO the best game ever.

Also here's the best part about the pre-order system, directly from the developer:

It's intended so the people with the most money dont control the market.  The GW2 system isnt better.  It just lets you see the actual preorder offers.  But it also suffers from materials overload so demand is never as high as it is in this game.  Letting some items go to market so other people that dont have billions of silver is a good thing.

Posted

GW2 had no price controls and it worked fine.  Price controls are stupid, that's why you see a million people spamming "wtb dandelion".  Because people who actually would sell one, won't sell them for the fake price.  That's why they're getting pearls on the black market for them.  It's ironic that a South Korean game would implement North Korean pricing.  LOL.  Oh well, sorry to bother you guys.  I will let all of you get back to all the "end game content" this game has.

It's better than the "end game content" that World of Warcraft has where I can get legendary gear within 2 weeks, play with it for about another week, get bored and move onto another MMORPG until WoW comes out with a new expansion.

To me, that's not a healthy cycle, if a game can't keep you entertained for more than a month, it's not worth the money. Especially considering the damn game costs about $200 to get into, PLUS a $15/m MANDATORY subscription.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0