• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guild Gathering Quest Not-Specific?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok just getting into he guild thing and have run into an issue which is throwing up a major red flag for me.

Looking at some of the gathering quests and there are no details. The only things mentioned are vague on-specific terms such as "this village" and "enough supplies"?

Enough supplies? What is that? 10,000 logs and that's it? or something impossible such as 5,000,000 logs, 30,000,000 stone, 800,000 lead ingots, 890,000 iron ingots? Maybe enough supplies is 500,000 wool shirts? Or how about 900,000 diamonds and 300,000 logs?

And must gather "enough supplies" in 2 hours?

"Enough Supplies" is a rather subjective and very broad ranging term for a quest. No quest should ever use such non-specific terms in its completion requirements. That's easily a setup for guaranteed failure through hidden requirements that are impossible to accomplish.

Which brings up the question of what happens to the 30k deposit for the quest? Do we loose it if we fail? Another red flag for impossible requirements. A quest we can not complete no matter how big we are with a guaranteed loss of funds.

Guild Supply mission with an objective to have a certain amount of resources in the town warehouse to complete, BUT no idea what resources are needed or in what quantity.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Krahazik

Posted

Relax, all gathering quests are easy do do, with the exception of fishing ones...and some of those are easy as well.  Just remember not to do ones more than your guild size so that your members don't get over matched.

Posted (edited)

Easy, as in a guild of 3 people can easily complete the "small" gathering quests? Since the quests do not provide any information, how do I know if a quest is "more" than my guild size? Whats the minimum for a "small" quest? 3- 5- 100 - 1000 members?

Easy is another relative term. What is easy for a guild of 500 to complete is not so easy for a guild of 50.

For some of my friends getting head shots with a pistol in most first person shooters is "easy, where as I am lucky if I can hit center mass with a rifle and a scope at range.

Without points of reference and exacting details, terms such as Easy, Hard, Small, Big, large all become meaningless.

Its like saying an object weighs 500. Without a point of reference the number is meaningless. 500 what? ounces, pounds, grams, tons. Depending on what measurement scale is applied can have a significant impact. On the scale of the difference between a child can lift it with relative easy to needing a crane to lift it.

I can probably lift 500 ounces. 500 tons on the other hand, not happening.

And that is my problem. Lack of information with witch to identify scale and place things into perspective.

-----------

Another example was a trade quest to transport "something" for a villager. And that is all the information provided. Vital questions such as "What is being picked up?" "How much of it is to be transported?", "What is the pickup location.", "What is the delivery location?"

These are vital questions that MUST be answered in order to successfully complete the quest and yet they are not provided.

Will the quest need 5 trade wagons to transport the goods or 50? Without knowing what and how much, there is no way to know, and thus know way to know if my guild will ever be able to accomplish the quest.

A guild with over 200 people might consider a trade mission needing 50 wagons to be a piece of cake or "easy" where as a guild of 55 people might consider fielding that many wagons "hard." Again we come back to scale.

Edited by Krahazik
minor spelling correction

Posted

Mate, welcome to bdo. Pick a [small] gathering quest, Google "BDO [item name] location"  to find high concentrations of that item, get the appropriate gathering tool for the item from the marketplace or the materials vendor (Ores=pickaxe, plants=hoe, meat=butchering knife, blood and most fluids=siphon [water=bottle though], skins/fur= tanning knife, woods= axe), go to the gathering spot, press r.

You can literally solo every gathering mission, and even if you run out of energy, just buy some off the marketplace or rest in a bed to recharge.

Literally the only thing you lose by just abandoning the quest and rolling another is the deposit you put on it (an absolute pittance), and even if you have absolutely 0 funds in the guild bank, the deposit to accept the quest will come out of the gm's inventory (again, a pittance).

Stop worry so much and just do it. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0