• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

anyone have any remote access software recommendations for BDO?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

For example I want to turn my computer on in the morning.  Then during the day login from a remote device on my lunch break, ideally a mobile phone though could maybe access a remote laptop, and do a few things like start AFK fishing, maybe refill my workers once or twice etc.  I'm not aiming to do anything real complex through remote access.

I see some on the internet that do that but not sure how good they would all be for this.  Anyone had experience with any particular application using one for BDO like this?  Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Im so hoping for a companion app to the game one day, would be so cool.  As of right now though I don't know of anything...  you could use something like that Nvidia shareplay/second screen thing...  I forget the name, but it works like remote play through a browser.

Its through the Nvidia Experience app thing I guess, here is some info on it below.  

https://www.google.com/amp/venturebeat.com/2015/09/21/how-to-stream-games-from-your-nvidia-gtx-powered-pc-to-any-chrome-browser/amp/

Hope that helps xD 

Edited by Zegram

Posted

i use Chrome RDP. Granted I can't grind or do WBs...But I can tend farms/workers, process, and cook ALL day while I'm at work.

Posted

i use Chrome RDP. Granted I can't grind or do WBs...But I can tend farms/workers, process, and cook ALL day while I'm at work.

I was messing around with Chrome RDP.  What do you use to access your host comp?  Another comp or mobile device? I have found accessing through a mobile device very limiting.  I can do basic mouse clicks but that is it.  Cant even remotely press "ESC" to bring up worker menu, etc.

Im so hoping for a companion app to the game one day, would be so cool.  As of right now though I don't know of anything...  you could use something like that Nvidia shareplay/second screen thing...  I forget the name, but it works like remote play through a browser.

Its through the Nvidia Experience app thing I guess, here is some info on it below.  

https://www.google.com/amp/venturebeat.com/2015/09/21/how-to-stream-games-from-your-nvidia-gtx-powered-pc-to-any-chrome-browser/amp/

Hope that helps xD 

I havent tried that one, not sure if its compatible with BDO as it requires certain game specific drivers it looks like.  But I might mess around with it later.

Posted

Google remote desktop works just fine.  Used to use it all my old job.  

Posted

I was messing around with Chrome RDP.  What do you use to access your host comp?  Another comp or mobile device? I have found accessing through a mobile device very limiting.  I can do basic mouse clicks but that is it.  Cant even remotely press "ESC" to bring up worker menu, etc.

I havent tried that one, not sure if its compatible with BDO as it requires certain game specific drivers it looks like.  But I might mess around with it later.

Yeah I connect to my home PC from my work PC. Haven't tried anything with mobile.

Posted

Splashtop.

1 person likes this

Posted

Use the windows on-screen keyboard when you're in the remote connection. Here, help yourself with the guide on how to bring that up.

Posted

chrome RDP here. sucks on a phone but it works fine on regular PCs. 

Posted

chrome RDP here. sucks on a phone but it works fine on regular PCs. 

Can you provide some information on how you got BDO to accept keyboard and mouse clicks through remote access?  I have been trying to remote access through my laptop, and the game appears through remote access, but I can't get any mouse clicks or keyboard commands to register through it.

Posted

Can you provide some information on how you got BDO to accept keyboard and mouse clicks through remote access?  I have been trying to remote access through my laptop, and the game appears through remote access, but I can't get any mouse clicks or keyboard commands to register through it.

i dont know why the mouse or key inputs would not work. i could see keyboard shortcuts not working, but basic inputs should work by default.

only thing i can think of is making sure the remote session is your active window.

Posted

i dont know why the mouse or key inputs would not work. i could see keyboard shortcuts not working, but basic inputs should work by default.

only thing i can think of is making sure the remote session is your active window.

Are you running Fullscreen, Borderless or Windowed mode?

Posted

Bumping this for anymore reccomendation

i need accsess through my phone and i find the chrome app to be extreamly clunky. 

Is there somthing else that i can use that more user friendly? 

Right now all this is good for is feeding beer to workers, i would like somthing that i can actually move my camera and my character with 

Posted

Splashtop streamer is excellent :)

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0