• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A reminder that we can make it work (PvP Video)

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Work of not ninja is a vanishing class. ....even in korea only 1,8% play it:P

Posted

Ninja can work. Its just one of the most difficult. Sti on this ninja boat :3

Posted

You gota go fast or you die XD. This is what i learn from that videos.

Posted

As with the Fei Moca video, it's mostly just one guy picking fights with undergeared/underleveled people. The fights he loses or can't win at all aren't in the video. I also saw an Argent guy in there, and most of those guys aren't very good. I have more accuracy and ap than this guy. 199/201 ap respectively and 19 accuracy between my bhegs and accessories, yet I can't cut people down as fast as he does in some of his clips. He's also increasingly buffed out the further you get into the videos. You can't trust montages as an indication of how well a class does. As for Ninja in terms of pvp viable? It's viable, even very viable... but I'd rank it as one of the worst pvp classes right now because although we have damage, we're squishy as hell and we lack proper tools to brawl with the other classes on an even level. Our block doesn't last to protect us.. at all. And we lack real super armor in our kit atm. Hell, allowing us to grab someone while our block is being pounded on would make the class much stronger.

5 people like this

Posted

As with the Fei Moca video, it's mostly just one guy picking fights with undergeared/underleveled people. The fights he loses or can't win at all aren't in the video. I also saw an Argent guy in there, and most of those guys aren't very good. I have more accuracy and ap than this guy. 199/201 ap respectively and 19 accuracy between my bhegs and accessories, yet I can't cut people down as fast as he does in some of his clips. He's also increasingly buffed out the further you get into the videos. You can't trust montages as an indication of how well a class does. As for Ninja in terms of pvp viable? It's viable, even very viable... but I'd rank it as one of the worst pvp classes right now because although we have damage, we're squishy as hell and we lack proper tools to brawl with the other classes on an even level. Our block doesn't last to protect us.. at all. And we lack real super armor in our kit atm. Hell, allowing us to grab someone while our block is being pounded on would make the class much stronger.

What do you mean our block doesn't last? I tested it, pve wise, our block is basically identical to the one of the warrior. No reason to think it's different in pvp. Also, not even warrior can grab when he's taking hits on the shield.

Posted

I agree, there's planty of moment's where the video is suddenly moved to another clip, i.e he uses V vs the Ninja, 2 second's later it's different fight where he's full HP.

Regarding the block, isn't it already doable? While blocking, press LMB (vengeful barrier was the name?) and instantly press E. I'm quite sure it breaks the LMB animation and grabs, but currently at work so can't be 100% sure.

What do you mean our block doesn't last? I tested it, pve wise, our block is basically identical to the one of the warrior. No reason to think it's different in pvp. Also, not even warrior can grab when he's taking hits on the shield.

Look at that.. The guy who constantly jumps in subjects offending others when they say "I've tested..." and suddenly jumps in saying it himself. Speak about spoiled brats.

Wow, your tests must be so accurate...

You are not happy with the class, we get it, but can we please stop with those bullshits?

Posted

Regarding the block, isn't it already doable? While blocking, press LMB (vengeful barrier was the name?) and instantly press E. I'm quite sure it breaks the LMB animation and grabs, but currently at work so can't be 100% sure.

Yes, it does work like that. Most of our skills with frontal block attached can be cancelled with E for the grab. It's pretty easy to abuse it after Murderous Intent for i-frame -> super armor cycling.

Posted

Look at that.. The guy who constantly jumps in subjects offending others when they say "I've tested..." and suddenly jumps in saying it himself. Speak about spoiled brats.

Damn, you're so dense. Let me just leave this for you. Oh and don't bother answering me, I'm just tired of your childish statements, I'm gonna ignore you.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/123260-kuno/&do=findComment&comment=1716392 

Posted (edited)

Damn, you're so dense. Let me just leave this for you. Oh and don't bother answering me, I'm just tired of your childish statements, I'm gonna ignore you.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/123260-kuno/&do=findComment&comment=1716392 

warrior block resists cc, ninja does not by default its more reliable. ( from behind)

Test better. Your tests also assume 1 melee def = 1 dp. It could be, but did u check your variables? I rather you test in pvp because you can control your variables better than testing in pve during a duration of mob attack does not account for the number of strong attacks, accuracy etc since ninja does have passive evade and war does not. At best your test should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by Tsurugi

Posted

warrior block resists cc, ninja does not by default its more reliable. ( from behind)

Test better. Your tests also assume 1 melee def = 1 dp. It could be, but did u check your variables? I rather you test in pvp because you can control your variables better than testing in pve during a duration of mob attack does not account for the number of strong attacks, accuracy etc since ninja does have passive evade and war does not. At best your test should be taken with a grain of salt.

Not to mention we do not know whether the level affects the blocks values (just like it does for HP, weight and other stats) or not and those two levels could do the difference also. Alltoghether a poorly made test in my opinion. But whatever, different subject anyway. He knows best anyway.

Posted

: / I was simply trying to spark a bit of hope on out class:(

Didnt want it to turn into an argument ...

I know that there are a few clips where he kind of edited out certain parts, but there were more where he didnt.

Anyways, good luck guys, have a good one.

Posted

Evade and accuracy affect hits in terms of miss, not damage. I assumed melee defense = dp because, well, it's the most logical deduction. I can be wrong of course but we can't know. Either way the little test I've done didn't show any substantial difference. As for the CC resist, in pve warrior block doesn't make him immune to cc, you can be CCed at Zarka or Bheg. PvP I don't know.

A test is just a test, but it's still better than written suppositions or silly claims.

Posted

Your tests tell me Ninja block takes more damage than Warrior block. And believe me, in pvp, the difference will scale massively because of awakening %s. 5 to 6 is 20% more damage, 6 to 7 is 16.67% more damage. 8 to 9 is 12.25% more damage. And I thought they could? Strange... Not so bad then, after all. I guess I'll have to log on my warrior to test it out a bit just to see if they can do anything while getting hit mid-block.

You can do that, but if venge is on cd and you do it, you'll just get cc'd before you can grab.

Not to mention we do not know whether the level affects the blocks values (just like it does for HP, weight and other stats) or not and those two levels could do the difference also. Alltoghether a poorly made test in my opinion. But whatever, different subject anyway. He knows best anyway.

All I can tell you is block seems to be about 30-50% of our total hp or so. Or at least mine. Anything that does 40% or so seems to oneshot it.

Posted

: / I was simply trying to spark a bit of hope on out class:(

Didnt want it to turn into an argument ...

I know that there are a few clips where he kind of edited out certain parts, but there were more where he didnt.

Anyways, good luck guys, have a good one.

It still shows how skills can be used and another fighting style that might work for some people, regardless of who the opponents were.  Good job :)

Posted

Your tests tell me Ninja block takes more damage than Warrior block. And believe me, in pvp, the difference will scale massively because of awakening %s. 5 to 6 is 20% more damage, 6 to 7 is 16.67% more damage. 8 to 9 is 12.25% more damage.

As I pointed out to me the difference was for the +6 defence the war had (plus the 2 DPs I couldn't get on the ninja) but, as I already said, I can be wrong and I'm not trying to convince anyone. Of course the warrior will always have those passive that helps, not to mention that a lot of warriors build up DPs too, hence why you see them taking a lot of dmg in battlefield. I'm doing bgs with just 240 DPs at the moment with my ninja and I can take a good amount of damage without any issue. I would like to test it in pvp though, maybe I'll do that.

And I thought they could? Strange... Not so bad then, after all. I guess I'll have to log on my warrior to test it out a bit just to see if they can do anything while getting hit mid-block.

I played 3 classes with block ability since now and everyone of them work the same way, while taking constantly dmg you can't do anything unless you have, like the ninja, a counter attack move that can be used at any time.

Posted

I played 3 classes with block ability since now and everyone of them work the same way, while taking constantly dmg you can't do anything unless you have, like the ninja, a counter attack move that can be used at any time.

I swear you used to be able to roll out of block even if you were taking hits as a Warrior. Could be wrong, though. I stopped playing the class before Mediah came out cuz I was sick of the pve grind hell.

Posted

I swear you used to be able to roll out of block even if you were taking hits as a Warrior. Could be wrong, though. I stopped playing the class before Mediah came out cuz I was sick of the pve grind hell.

Ye grind is boring, with warrior even more.

Posted (edited)

Hotkey effects seem to break guards. I think warriors grab is the only hotkeyable grab so they can insta grab out of block if they do so? Least that's the way it was explained to me. Can also make it a custom hotkey and put it on something like ctrl as well so it doesn't interfere with e buff in awakening.

Short-story, yes warriors can grab out of block. 

That aside, still a very good video for showing how combos flow and how one can engage. Much appreciated.

Edited by RosewoodTrickster

Posted

Ninja can work. Its just one of the most difficult. Sti on this ninja boat :3

I found Maehwa to be much harder.

Posted

I found Maehwa to be much harder.

''one of the most difficult.''

Besides, Maewah got massively buffed apparently. I'm sure shes better than Ninja. but i've yet to check

Posted

If you lose to a maehwa or a musa you are just bad mate or undergeared

Posted (edited)

Evade and accuracy affect hits in terms of miss, not damage. I assumed melee defense = dp because, well, it's the most logical deduction. I can be wrong of course but we can't know. Either way the little test I've done didn't show any substantial difference. As for the CC resist, in pve warrior block doesn't make him immune to cc, you can be CCed at Zarka or Bheg. PvP I don't know.

A test is just a test, but it's still better than written suppositions or silly claims.

yeah war block in pvp prevents stuns, stiff, kd etc. Unless they patched it less than 2 weeks ago, which i doubt. I have been kd while using block from the front with that war jump move, whereas wars dont get cc when we use block jump behind them.

its a test still with 0 data is my point, we dont know if mob attacks do consistent dmg based on evasion and accuracy or just dp based on your test. We dont know if variables in your test are accounted for and quite frankly, for me, im more concerned with pvp results. We would have to take your test with a grain of salt because you said the results were so and so without any back up evidence. Its a pain to do no doubt, but whatever you linked to prove a point means little.

But yeah as a side note i still want war block for ninja. And maybe more ways to cancel block into grab etc. And more animation cancels for long ass skills that lacks the defensive capabilities for a melee, long duration attack.

Edited by Tsurugi

Posted

If you lose to a maehwa or a musa you are just bad mate or undergeared

Nah, man. They're good classes; not top tier, but good.

Posted

yeah war block in pvp prevents stuns, stiff, kd etc. Unless they patched it less than 2 weeks ago, which i doubt. I have been kd while using block from the front with that war jump move, whereas wars dont get cc when we use block jump behind them.

its a test still with 0 data is my point, we dont know if mob attacks do consistent dmg based on evasion and accuracy or just dp based on your test. We dont know if variables in your test are accounted for and quite frankly, for me, im more concerned with pvp results. We would have to take your test with a grain of salt because you said the results were so and so without any back up evidence. Its a pain to do no doubt, but whatever you linked to prove a point means little.

But yeah as a side note i still want war block for ninja. And maybe more ways to cancel block into grab etc. And more animation cancels for long ass skills that lacks the defensive capabilities for a melee, long duration attack.

Accuracy and evasion don't modify dmg, it's a well know fact. I gave plenty of data about my simple test. I don't know what kind of variables do you need honestly. I remember being a bit moody that day, does it helps? Jokes aside, you don't like it and it's perfectly fine, and I agree it doesn't prove A LOT but it still proves that pve wise the difference is very little.