• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Everlasting Question: TRI Liverto or TRI Kzarka

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I created an account here in the forum primarily just to ask this question: For an average player (like me), which is better, TRI Liverto or TRI Kzarka?

Yes I know that at the end, TRI Kzarka is the better one because according to statistics it gives 3-4% better accuracy and to some tests, 5% more damage than TRI Liverto.

But before you tell me "You just answered your own question", PLEASE look at my current situation right now as an average player. I'm fairly new being only 25 days in BDO and having loads of fun. So, I'm not the guy who can get 100m income of silvers per day and get a TRI Kzarka in 4.5 days, and neither would a lot of players here too, both new and old ones. A lot of players are much more into practicality of their silvers considering that it takes a lot of time and patience to grind. And with practicality also comes with choosing what gear upgrading priorities as gearing up gets more expensive the higher AP/DP you reach.

Therefore, my point to the question is that, considering those factors about being "practical with your money", I would like to know, or have the reason on why I should choose a TRI Kzarka over a TRI Liverto, seeing that 3-4% increase in damage and accuracy (may) be negligible considering that TRI Kzarka is double the price of a TRI Liverto.

Before I end, I did a lot of searching already and it seems that a LOT of people are just "getting this because people said so" a.k.a. following the trend. Some of the findings I saw from other users were as follows:

1. [Tested]TRI Kzarka has 3-4% more accuracy than TRI Liverto (as I stated above)

2. [Minorly tested]TRI Kzarka has about 5% more damage than TRI Liverto

3. People are saying that Kzarka will get a buff (Rumor before, still a rumor today)

4. "50% of main hand AP is applied to your awakening AP" - a lot of people are saying this but a lot of people also have tested and denied this.

While I agree with no.1 and 2., most people are also agreeing with 3 and 4 which made them buy their Kzarka but had absolutely no tests about it, and this is why I said that a lot of people are just following the trend (unless if I am mistaken of course). As much as I want to get that TRI Kzarka while having limited budget, what would be an actual fact that would truly push skeptical people like me into buying a TRI Kzarka? If these were the only benefits of this item, I would buy it too, but in several months probably when I am fully optimized with my other gears.

I would love to hear your insights and experiences. Have a good day, and happy new year to all!

P.S.

146/168/257 AP/AAP/DP

Class: Kunoichi ( <- I think my class takes into factor as well with choosing Liverto/Kzarka considering that our Awakenings were just patched in and there are not a lot of guides out there yet for us. And also, that we're about one of the least played classes in all regions)

Posted

If you don't want the best weapon in game just go for Liverto. If you think one day you are gonna buy it then don't waste money on Liverto. A tri kzarka nowadays is cheap. I'd say get it. Today I saw in the market (EU) a tri kzarka shortsword for like 430 millions...On your 4th point, I know people tested and confirmed it, not denied it.

Posted

If you don't want the best weapon in game just go for Liverto. If you think one day you are gonna buy it then don't waste money on Liverto. A tri kzarka nowadays is cheap. I'd say get it. Today I saw in the market (EU) a tri kzarka shortsword for like 430 millions...On your 4th point, I know people tested and confirmed it, not denied it.

I apologize for my wording, but If I may say it, that many people tested and confirmed that there is no increase in damage. Unless of course, I may be mistaken against someone who did tests and did feel that there was a significant difference in terms of damage.

But putting it aside, they have the same AP so number 4 doesn't really answer the main question at hand. I admit that with my current silvers, I can purchase a TRI Liverto and am more than halfway towards a TRI Kzarka. But I'm also thinking what if I bought a Liverto and used the spare money for other equipments.

Posted

My advice is save up for the Kzarka, if you get a tri Liverto you wont be able to sell it later.  Just look at the market, there are dozens of tri livertos just sitting at min price.  Kzarkas are easy to get now and the price difference isnt much in the long run.

Posted

I would like to know specially the #4, is there a definite proof or calculator on 50% AP increase of kzarka compared to liverto.  And I would like to know what is your method of doing the test?  So just in case we could recreate this test as others debunked this claim.  Is it against dummy in velia or heidel? Is the character level or tester vs punching bag is consistent (AP/DP, level of char on both, equips and acce) all through out the test?

Yes it is the best as you may always says, but is it efficient?  That's why we need to know how just it is to get it, as that price difference vs the actual effectiveness of the said items, with that 200m difference, it may be also the silvers we need to buy other equips that could help our character more.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tet liverto.has served me well i rather have the crit stats on weapon too 

1 person likes this

Posted

@HoneyX I would say Kzarka for PvP enthusiasts cause every little counts, Liverto for PvE enthusiasts where minmaxing is not really necessary except for very rare occasions. Considering your budget and gear score I assume you got pri/duo accessories(?). If this is the case and your main target is not PvP, I would recommend Liverto over Kzarka and the money saved to be used on some accessories upgrades. AP makes leveling faster and will also improve your income. If you are PvP-centric then Kzarka is the best investment. PvP is a gear race afterall. The decision is more about your playstyle than the weapon itself.

PS: I have 3 Livertos 1 Kzarka on 4 chars. Kzarka is on Ranger that used to have TRI Liverto. There is a difference but it is so small in my eyes that it could be just me imagining it. Others say PRI Kzarka=TRI Liverto. I think char Level is far more important.

Posted

My advice is save up for the Kzarka, if you get a tri Liverto you wont be able to sell it later.  Just look at the market, there are dozens of tri livertos just sitting at min price.  Kzarkas are easy to get now and the price difference isnt much in the long run.

dont lie they sell all the time. I have sold 6 in the past two weeks.  

if you going for anything and have money for it go for kzarka if not say meh and just get the liverto.

Posted

Go yellow or go home

Posted

Tet liverto.has served me well i rather have the crit stats on weapon too 

meowmeowmeow Edan Valencian Official ;P - Dekaria

if you going for anything and have money for it go for kzarka if not say meh and just get the liverto.

Good to hear, I've had mine sitting in storage.

Posted

meowmeowmeow Edan Valencian Official ;P - Dekaria

Good to hear, I've had mine sitting in storage.

MEOWMEWeWMEEOMWMEOWOEWME  ^.^

Posted

79820d1093.gif

Liv is pretty good if you can't afford zarka and it will do its job pretty good as well as zarka , zarka is better obviously if you can manage to save up its worth it :)

Posted

You have to spend a lot of money on Kzarka for a small upgrade if you already have a Liverto. I'd keep the Liverto, and spend less money on bigger upgrades, which most likely would be accessories.

Posted

kazarka has alot more hidden accuracy so is a must for end game pvp as hidden stats are transfered over to your awakening wep aswell as the crystals

1 person likes this

Posted

There are currently 105 tri liverto short swords at minimum price on the market right now.  Good luck selling that.

Posted (edited)

I would like to know specially the #4, is there a definite proof or calculator on 50% AP increase of kzarka compared to liverto.  And I would like to know what is your method of doing the test?  So just in case we could recreate this test as others debunked this claim.  Is it against dummy in velia or heidel? Is the character level or tester vs punching bag is consistent (AP/DP, level of char on both, equips and acce) all through out the test?

Yes it is the best as you may always says, but is it efficient?  That's why we need to know how just it is to get it, as that price difference vs the actual effectiveness of the said items, with that 200m difference, it may be also the silvers we need to buy other equips that could help our character more.

The basic testing idea is break both weapons.  Remove any ap or attack you can (passive are a thing).  Hit something.  Hit it again.  Repair mainhand.  Did your awakening attacks do more damage?

I can feel the difference in comparable modifier mh vs awakening skills.  The bonus from mh to awakening dmg is clearly there.  I've seen enough testing through various forms to be very confident mh does affect awakening dmg.  Feel free to test yourself as always.

kazarka has alot more hidden accuracy so is a must for end game pvp as hidden stats are transfered over to your awakening wep aswell as the crystals

This however I haven't seen any credible evidence of.  The only advantage to zarka vs liverto is gemming which is subjective.  Unless you can tell me a way to reliably and accurately test your claims?

Edited by Calibix

Posted

There are currently 105 tri liverto short swords at minimum price on the market right now.  Good luck selling that.

That is due to people abandoning ninja/kuno/tamer in droves.

Posted (edited)

Liverto should be ok if you're not hard core into end game PvP. You could always opt for taking things step by step and gradually working your way up in gear. Also remember for Liverto, you can opt to use another liverto with artisan's memory to repair max durability, while kzarka is just too expensive to go down that road. That would depend though on if you ever intend on upgrading it further.

Edited by Brunack

Posted (edited)

You guys are ignoring his question.  OK, so you are an average player, I'm going to guess that means you are not aiming yo be PvP bro master 1337 haxorz etc.  also you adding the class is important because it matter more to some classes than others.

If you are a Kuno then you will be fine with a Liverto, its going to be cheeper and serve you well as it has crit.  For a warrior, as an example, Liverto I feel is pointless, our main skills have 100% crit so its basically a wasted stat.  I don't play Kuno myself so I cant exactly say how crit affects you but if it is something you need then for sure Liverto.

If you plan on being competitive though, then yeah your best bet is BiS items always.  For PvE, if thats what you end up focusing in, you will be fine with all kinds of different gear that might not necessarily be BiS.  Here is another example, as a warrior, I keep a 30% knockdown resist Topaz necklace on me at all times, why?  Because it can boost my KD resist to 100% making some bigger mobs I hunt unable to knock me down.  I also stack HP in case I get hit with a big ass attack, at 2,700 HP I can basically survive anything in case I was too slow to block.

Point is though, if you are focusing on PvE, a few points of extra AP or whatever wont matter all that much.

Edited by Zegram

Posted

Use Liverto, if you get a Kzarka, upgrade it. Keep the Liverto for fails-tacks, don't go out of your way to grind for a Kzarka, Liverto is fine. If you manage to TET the Liverto when you're using it for fails-tacks I'd swap back for the AP gain until you can TET the Kzarka. 

Posted

I apologize for my wording, but If I may say it, that many people tested and confirmed that there is no increase in damage. Unless of course, I may be mistaken against someone who did tests and did feel that there was a significant difference in terms of damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5k0rgk/how_main_hand_weapon_effects_awakening_damage/?

This was also in wizard patch notes 10 days ago.

• Main and Awakening weapon attack power both contribute to the damage of the awakening skills damage.

If someone still doubt about the thing...well I don't care ;)

As for your question, again, do you think you will want a Kzarka in the end? If the answer is yes then simply don't waste money on a Liverto.

Posted (edited)

You guys are ignoring his question.  OK, so you are an average player, I'm going to guess that means you are not aiming yo be PvP bro master 1337 haxorz etc.  also you adding the class is important because it matter more to some classes than others.

If you are a Kuno then you will be fine with a Liverto, its going to be cheeper and serve you well as it has crit.  For a warrior, as an example, Liverto I feel is pointless, our main skills have 100% crit so its basically a wasted stat.  I don't play Kuno myself so I cant exactly say how crit affects you but if it is something you need then for sure Liverto.

If you plan on being competitive though, then yeah your best bet is BiS items always.  For PvE, if thats what you end up focusing in, you will be fine with all kinds of different gear that might not necessarily be BiS.  Here is another example, as a warrior, I keep a 30% knockdown resist Topaz necklace on me at all times, why?  Because it can boost my KD resist to 100% making some bigger mobs I hunt unable to knock me down.  I also stack HP in case I get hit with a big ass attack, at 2,700 HP I can basically survive anything in case I was too slow to block.

Point is though, if you are focusing on PvE, a few points of extra AP or whatever wont matter all that much.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the thoughts. Yes, I plan to be a godly PVP player someday, however the Kunoichi class may be as it is really unpopular. Contrary to its reputation though, a lot of high-end Kunoichi said that they are very satisfied with their PVP performance, but that is with about 500 gear scores though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5k0rgk/how_main_hand_weapon_effects_awakening_damage/?

This was also in wizard patch notes 10 days ago.

• Main and Awakening weapon attack power both contribute to the damage of the awakening skills damage.

If someone still doubt about the thing...well I don't care ;)

As for your question, again, do you think you will want a Kzarka in the end? If the answer is yes then simply don't waste money on a Liverto.

Thank you. I have read this some time before but I really did not understand what was going on in the spreadsheet. I did understand that he was testing how the main hand affects the awakening damage but what I did grasp from it was between the 18-22AP and 28-32AP weapons, there was about 1.5% difference in terms of damage.

Edit:

What i meant was, I do not see if the conclusion of this test provides an insight if the differences are significant, or negligible.

Edited by HoneyX

Posted (edited)

Thank you. I have read this some time before but I really did not understand what was going on in the spreadsheet. I did understand that he was testing how the main hand affects the awakening damage but what I did grasp from it was between the 18-22AP and 28-32AP weapons, there was about 1.5% difference in terms of damage.

Edit:

What i meant was, I do not see if the conclusion of this test provides an insight if the differences are significant, or negligible.

The first test was made with two main weapon with 10 AP difference between the two and showed about 30 dmg increase. Now Imagine if the AP were 100. Can you still say the differences are not significant?

Not trying to convince you of course, but the question was if the mainhand was affecting the awakening dmg and the answer, despite some people still don't believe it, is yes.

Edited by crazyryoga

Posted

Dmg
Kzarka = liverto
Acc
Kzarka > Liverto

Posted

The first test was made with two main weapon with 10 AP difference between the two and showed about 30 dmg increase. Now Imagine if the AP were 100. Can you still say the differences are not significant?

Not trying to convince you of course, but the question was if the mainhand was affecting the awakening dmg and the answer, despite some people still don't believe it, is yes.

Makes sense, thank you. I am upgrading from a PRI Yuria Shortsword so aside from getting a huge accuracy boost, I am also hoping that I see a noticable difference in terms of my awakening damage too. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0