• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You want my Money? Get rid of PaymentWall!!!

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Also tried to buy Daum Cash, was presented with Paymentwall which is a really great name for the service btw. Had the transaction complete then be declined instantly. I have never seen such a ridiculous system before in my life, and have never heard of Paymentwall before now. Must have a been a really good deal for Kakao to go with a relatively shitty service and probably pay next to nothing to get NONE of my money. Hazaah! You win Kakao Games! You didn't get any money from me, and I have purchased Daum Cash in the past before you implemented this crap, as I was away from the game for a few months. 

From a business standpoint this is really shortsighted and so ridiculous. You want to make it easy and painless to spend money on your game/service not unbearably difficult. This business choice is really dumb and I thank the people who buy and post pearl items for sacrificing their personal and banking information to what others have pointed out is a poorly rated and shady company. Thank God I have only sent them my passport info, as I was about to finish up clearing myself of the crime of trying to spend money ON IN-GAME CURRENCY and send them an image of my VISA transaction as they requested because of course $30 USD is big time money for these shitbags. 

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/mobile-apps/paymentwall-inc-in-san-francisco-ca-365067

Simply put who ever chose Paymentwall is an idiot because they are COSTING you money. Do you not care that the shitty image of this company by association makes you look shit as well? But well I can tell that you don't care. If I didn't enjoy the time spent with the people in my guild I would probably leave the game completely. 

Sincerely,

Frustrated Lost Revenue  

PS. go back to the service you had before, I liked that. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@Velondil Seems they refer any problems like this back to paymentwall which is a catch 22. I can have my husband gift me what I need but I know others aren't so lucky so that is why I stayed the course for everyone who is being subjected to this particular brand of scrutiny.

Posted

I already purchassed the game and some pearls a few days ago then I tried to buy some weight limit upgrade so I decided to get more daum cash / pearls... THEN FOR SOME REASON... this paymentwall thing pops up and it appears that I am forever blocked in purchasing daum cash?? and I submit to a picture of passport, drivers license and wait for 7 or more days??? just for a freaking $10 weight limit increase? hmmm no thanks. I guess I will wait till they removed this "paymentwall" thing and then I will try to purchase again... sheesh...

I never had a problem purchasing in STEAM!!! never!! X_X

2 people like this

Posted

@Renzaengeki welcome to the  club .... i'm sorry you're here.

Posted (edited)

OOOH COOOOL!  Explorer pack is 50% off!!! I missed it over Christmas when I had the seven day trial, so I'll get that and start playing BDO....

What the heck is PaymentWall??  Why can't I use a normal payment method?  I have a $25 gift card from MasterCard.

Why the heck is it asking me for a capcha code just to find where to buy the cards... and then every time I move the friggin map??

Great, the closest spot has a one star rating. (According to the site that means the salesman didn't know about Paysafecard and didn't have any available.)  Whoa, most of the locations listed have a one star rating.  Do I dare try the two others that don't have a one star rating... only because they are not rated at all?  I really don't want to waste time and gas wandering all over the county for hours.

Go back to BDO payment site and suggest another payment method... but Submit button doesn't work. 

I'll go to the forums and see if there is anything about this abomination called CrapmentWall there.

Finds this thread.

O.o

Yeah, I'm not the only one. No thanks.  BDO you lost a sale.  Please email me when you change. I might come back.

Other ideas for payment systems: Openbucks, Karma Koin, Rixty. Just consider a service based on something in addition to cost.  You get what you pay for.  On top of that you need to remember, you get what WE pay for too.

And regarding them asking people for personal information... how is that supposed to confirm your identity if they didn't have it in the first place?

Edited by Buzzirk
Clarifications needed because my raging is having a negative effect on my thinking and typing.

Posted (edited)

This is what payment wall send me by email I couldnt stop laughing at the stupiding of the thing PLEASE NOTICE THE PASSPORT PART THEY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A PICTURE OF IT!!! omg.   Hell after this I am not even willing to buy anything I am even considering uninstalling the game.  I am not giving any of these informations DAUM can close the game for all I care 

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Paymentwall.

Kindly send us readable and unedited colored photos(showing all four edges) of the following documents:

*Front and back copies of your valid government-issued identification(e.g. driver’s license, National ID, passport)

Also, may we know what payment method you will be using for your purchases in the future? In case you would like to pay via credit or debit card, please send us readable and unedited colored photos(showing all four edges) of the following documents:

First 6 digits of the card
Last 4 digits of the card(kindly hide the numbers in between)
Name that shows on the card
Expiration date of the card

You can attach the documents in your reply to this inquiry in picture format (JPEG, PNG, etc.) Make sure that the file is 3 MB or less.

Please be advised that we follow strict procedures to ensure that your personal and financial information remain secure. For details, please visit https://www.paymentwall.com/privacypolicy.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Paymentwall Verification Team

Edited by Inomi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have to agree. I have been blocked for a while now and had sent them what they originally asked for (picture of my ID, screenshot of the transaction, and forward them the receipt). Now they want a copy of my bank statement, a photocopy of my ID and card, and a link to my bank's website. It's honestly a bit fishy. I'm also pretty sure that it's illegal (in some states) to ask for a photocopy of someone's ID.

Edited by Diskordea

Posted

I have to agree. I have been blocked for a while now and had sent them what they asked for. Now they want a copy of my bank statement, a photocopy of my ID, and a link to my bank's website. It's honestly a bit fishy. I'm also pretty sure that it's illegal (in some states) to ask for a photocopy of someone's ID.

I dont even understand why you sent them any information at all your just encouraging them. Do you know how dangerous it is to give those informations in the first place ?!

Posted (edited)

I dont even understand why you sent them any information at all your just encouraging them. Do you know how dangerous it is to give those informations in the first place ?!

I didn't have an issue with them doing the equivalent of checking my ID and verifying my purchase. I've had to forward receipts before when making online purchases. It's not dangerous.

Edited by Diskordea

Posted (edited)

I didn't have an issue with them doing the equivalent of checking my ID and verifying my purchase. I've had to forward receipts before when making online purchases. It's not dangerous.

Oh am so sorry it totally fine your right then go ahead and give them the rest of the information too !! Oh and if you could also kindly give them the nip to your bank account to and credit card I am sure they would appreciate it and also please provide them with the following document *Front and back copies of your valid government-issued identification(e.g. driver’s license, National ID, passport) I mean it totally fine right ?

Edited by Inomi

Posted

Posted (edited)

Oh am so sorry it totally fine your right then go ahead and give them the rest of the information too !! Oh and if you could also kindly give them the nip to your bank account to and credit card I am sure they would appreciate it and also please provide them with the following document *Front and back copies of your valid government-issued identification(e.g. driver’s license, National ID, passport) I mean it totally fine right ?

You're kinda nuts.

Edited by Diskordea

Posted

You're kinda nuts.

Whatever floats your boat. 

Posted

To those of you who are sending them you're personal information, unless you are using some kind of encrypted system to send photos etc. its not private or secure. 

Posted

Got blocked today too, yesterday was fine, now gone, i won't be sending any viable information to shady company as Paymentwall, i just do not trust them, i never had issue with payment before on any site in any country.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That was terrible, I already cancelled my payment, they wanted my Citizen ID (photo of front and back), purchase receipt and PHOTO OF MY CREDIT CARD FRONT AND BACK!! But the problem is I never got my receipt! I still remember buy Daum Cash was so easy and painless when my last purchase in July, 2016, and I never knew PaymentWall until today, Jesus that is the most stupid and ridiculous payment method I've ever seen.

Edited by Amaudru
Add some content.

Posted

I'll state here what I did in a similar thread.

I just tried getting some Daum Coins.

I used Paypal.

Then Payment Wall came up.

I cancelled.

I take a look at my Paypal statement to make sure.

It sits there as being CHARGED, and I received no Daum Coins either.

ARE YOU -----ING KIDDING ME!? That is $60.