• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Archaeologist Map Research Thread

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Making a thread the goal of guiding players to obtain the elusive Archaeologist Map.

What is the Archaeologist Map?
-It's a permanent item that allows you to return to the nearest town. If used again while staying in town within 30 minutes, you can teleport back to your original position. Cooldown is [6 hours] but has unlimited uses.

How do I get it?
-Obtain Map of Unknown Pieces from two different mobs from Sulfur Mines and Pila Ku Jail.
-There are a total of four pieces, each piece drops from each specific mob.(Confirmations below)
-The pieces look the EXACTLY the same so keep track what mob dropped and store them in different places. Yes there are 4 different Map piece IDs.

I have the four pieces, now what?
-Assemble them so it forms an X shape with the four resplendent gems dropped by the field bosses.
-Thanks to Shumie for providing the following information from KR:
as far as it's known in KR, one piece drops(no.1 from top left) drops from Lava Tukar, while second piece(no.3 from top left) drops from Lava Devourer.
For Pila ku pieces, one piece drops(no.2 from top left) drops from Iron fist Warder, while second piece(no.4 from top left) drops from Sordid Deportee.
The Map pieces go from Top-left: Tukar, Warder, Devourer, Deportee
The Resplendent Gems go from top-right: Emerald, Topaz, Sapphire, Ruby

KR Original Source : http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3584&l=26844

Best of luck (and patience) to you all.

Confirmations/Map piece order from Top left:
No.1 - Lava Tukar
123.jpg
Thank you Honora for posting this proof.

No.2 - Iron fist Warder
map24.thumb.png.a5bfcfd56a97003396a76938
[S rank, Lv10 node, no special items. Back entrance, first loop.]

No.3 - Lava Devourer
Map34.thumb.png.4f56bb55f2025f3ef3f29e22
[S rank, lv10 node no special items. the loop was a small hill [coming from the villa] just past the first mine entrance. About 10-12 of them.]

No.4 - Sordid Deportee
deportee.jpgThanks to Zakr for donating this confirmation.

Edited by Atias
reworked into a guide

Posted

Question, when you get a piece of the map does it tell you in system message what mob you got it from?

Posted

Saw a post on Reddit someone had one, but cant it right now.

Posted

Yes, the drop is a 'super rare drop' like getting an Ogre Ring. the system message will post which mob it dropped from.

Posted

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this item do/achieve?

Posted

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this item do/achieve?

Infinite teleport scroll, similar ti Traveler's Map. The functioning is:

1-You are anywhere in the world (I dont kwow if there are restrictions like desert etc, btw).

2-You use it and get teleported to the nearest discovered town.

3-Always taking into account that you don't left that town, you can use the scroll again to go back to the original location.

Posted

Infinite teleport scroll, similar ti Traveler's Map. The functioning is:

1-You are anywhere in the world (I dont kwow if there are restrictions like desert etc, btw).

2-You use it and get teleported to the nearest discovered town.

3-Always taking into account that you don't left that town, you can use the scroll again to go back to the original location.

woah, pretty cool! thanks!

Posted

We need this in-game.

Posted (edited)

It is in NA. Though it requires plenty of patience. I'm half way to completing the map, 2/4. I've spent about 150hrs grinding for the first two pieces (Started at lv 58 @ Sulfur Mines now 59.43). The KR player from the link above is level 61, so I expect to be in Pila Ku jail at least until 61. Once I get this map (and level 61) I'll start on the mighty Lafi Bedmountain's Upgraded Compass. 

The Bedmountain Compass is a permanent compass with the added ability to "command to gather" your party to your location! Though the pieces to that is in Aakman and Hysteria Dungeon, 1 piece, 2 piece respectively. Someone did post a compass part in Reddit so I'm sold that it's in the game as well, just that it may be just as hard or harder to obtain so I'm waiting until lv61 for aakman and probably lv62 for hysteria, depending on how my gear and how tough they are in two levels.

Edited by Atias

Posted

Only one piece so far from the Lava Mobs (Devourer) but I've only farmed there for about 10-11hrs total so far. There's a nice rotation inside the cave with a good density of Devourers in a short circular run which I think is going to be the most profitable method of farming for map pieces there.

You should note that all the map pieces look identical so you should keep your lava dropped pieces separate from any Pila Ku pieces until you want to combine them. Untick auto-arrange to avoid confusing the pieces.

Posted (edited)

Here are two for your list.

This last piece is killing me (Tukar), it's taking longer to get than the other 3 pieces combined.  Almost starting to think the Tukar is broken.

(Edit:  I'm starting to really think the loot table was messed up when they changed the name, I'm up to about 7 Traveller's maps off the Tukar, the only mob I've ever seen them drop off of.  Wonder if it's possible that the traveller's map is meant to be the map piece)

I got Lava Devourer inside the Lava cave (no node association)

Sorid Deportee with node not connected and no knowledge on mob

Iron Fist Warder with node level 9 and S rating

ironfist.jpg

deportee.jpg

Edited by Zakaar
2 people like this

Posted

FYI, recent patch increased the mob density at Roud Sulfur hugely. I've not been in the cave yet but even the spot near the peak has about 50% more enemies. Makes it more worthwhile for pure grinding while you try to get the drops.

Posted

Starting to lose hope :(

I think I'm up to about 13 Traveller's maps off the Tukar's.

I would be a little more bearable if the Sulfur area was good XP/money

Posted (edited)

123.jpg

Got this after reset this week

Edited by Bl
2 people like this

Posted

Nice grats!

Good to get verification that it is indeed dropping off the Tukar

Posted

Here is the text from the NPC outside the mine if anyone is interested:

And this last map piece is still killing my soul, up to 23 travellers maps.  I may try inside the cave for a bit (even though it has no node affiliation) since that's kinda what the NPC says the location is.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Posted

For clarity's sake, the gem are (top-right to bottom-left): Forest Emerald, Gold Topaz, Ocean Sapphire, Blood Ruby. 

(PS. I mistakenly tried to use resplendent gems.)

Info update on the map: you can use the 'return of an archaeologist' button to teleport back from any safe zone, not limited to the town the map put you in.

Untitled.png

Posted

Seeing those korean pictures you can clearly see that share cd with normal map.

Posted (edited)

Another info update: the cd on Archaeologist's Map is like that of Book of Combat -- follows real time, not character online time. So you can afk on an alt and the cd will expire on the character with the map. 

:D I'm too excited that farming for it paid off! .... but please update the gems, it's not resplendent gems that you need.

Edited by faithwish

Posted

Elite <Baka> member LaMera went there for the 1st time yesterday and got 1 in 10 minutes. Guild chat was 10 minutes of REEEEE from everyone. 

Posted

Elite <Baka> member LaMera went there for the 1st time yesterday and got 1 in 10 minutes. Guild chat was 10 minutes of REEEEE from everyone. 

yeah try to get the reset of the 3 parts in 10 months

Posted

yeah try to get the reset of the 3 parts in 10 months

lamera is blessed by the baka luck gods. If he goes back ever (which he won't) he'd likely get a complete map in 1 hour. 

Posted

lamera is blessed by the baka luck gods. If he goes back ever (which he won't) he'd likely get a complete map in 1 hour. 

nice meme

Posted

So I made the map today, I consider myself very lucky since I did not get any duplicate pieces and got all the pieces while grinding to 61 (I am 58% of the way there now)

One thing I should mention is that the resplendent gems are not used, only the most expensive gems (Ocean Sapphire, Gold Topaz, Forest Emerald, Blood Ruby). You can see that the picture in the Korean post uses these gems. 

travelers map.PNG

2017-04-29_52809375.JPG

3 people like this