• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Archaeologist Map Research Thread

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Cool, Gratz!

how many gringing hours did it take to get all pieces?

Posted

Cool, Gratz!

how many gringing hours did it take to get all pieces?

I started Pila ku at 0% into 61, so it only took me till 58% to 61. Sulfer mine is sorta ok for xp, was grinding there since 20%. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Good to know! I'm 11% into level 60 and have both map pieces from Sulphur Mine. About to switch to Pila Ku.

Posted

Good to know! I'm 11% into level 60 and have both map pieces from Sulphur Mine. About to switch to Pila Ku.

Damn that is great, pila ku is one of the best money spots in the game so even if you don't get the map pieces quickly it isn't hurting you at all. 

Posted

Damn that is great, pila ku is one of the best money spots in the game so even if you don't get the map pieces quickly it isn't hurting you at all. 

on a somewhat unrelated note. Since you are lvl 60, i assume you've been playing this game a long time. Yet you've only posted on the forums 5 times. Why is it you have such commitment to BDO but don't use the forums. 

Posted

on a somewhat unrelated note. Since you are lvl 60, i assume you've been playing this game a long time. Yet you've only posted on the forums 5 times. Why is it you have such commitment to BDO but don't use the forums. 

Clearly not as much of an attention whore as some :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Clearly not as much of an attention whore as some :D

posting on the forums for attention is a bad strategy. 

Posted

posting on the forums for attention is a bad strategy. 

Drimy you got all the world's attention due to it tho....

Posted

Nope... He got it cuz he has catchy slogan...

Posted

Nope... He got it cuz he has catchy slogan...

the only ppl who know me are my fellow forum nerds. 

and the RP community but that's an atypical situation 

Posted (edited)

So I made the map today, I consider myself very lucky since I did not get any duplicate pieces and got all the pieces while grinding to 61 (I am 58% of the way there now)

One thing I should mention is that the resplendent gems are not used, only the most expensive gems (Ocean Sapphire, Gold Topaz, Forest Emerald, Blood Ruby). You can see that the picture in the Korean post uses these gems. 

travelers map.PNG

Gratz! 

Niiice! Thanks for the info. :)

I ended up getting 1 aura from that Karanda I went too btw lol. 

Edited by GreenBeanDemon

Posted

I have posted a fair bit more on the BDO reddit, not really a huge fan of the complaining on the BDO forums lol. Also, i'll be gloating about the map in world/server chat so keep an eye out :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Finally complete!

That last piece took forever.

map.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

For clarity's sake, the gem are (top-right to bottom-left): Forest Emerald, Gold Topaz, Ocean Sapphire, Blood Ruby. 

(PS. I mistakenly tried to use resplendent gems.)

Info update on the map: you can use the 'return of an archaeologist' button to teleport back from any safe zone, not limited to the town the map put you in.

Untitled.png

The map text from the link that GreenBeanDemon provided states that you cannot be teleported back to your original position if you leave the town the map placed you in. So which is it I wonder? Thank-you for the updated info on the gems btw.

Posted

The map text from the link that GreenBeanDemon provided states that you cannot be teleported back to your original position if you leave the town the map placed you in. So which is it I wonder? Thank-you for the updated info on the gems btw.

That's my picture. I've used the map to move to bazaar and then teleport from altinova back to original location. ^_^)b It's correct.