• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valkyrie-Sword><Lancia investment

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings!

Recently i had time to level my Valk to 56, and not quite sure if i should invest in it (since ill play Dark knight anyway), trough a decent alt never hurts. 

I got an +10 yuria on her and with all the armor and accesory she has like 93 ap, and since she hit 56 not quite sure if i should bother to buy her a duo liverto at all, or just go a tri Lancia. 

On my Musha i had a tri liverto and a duo Spear and didnt really feel like its cutting trough mobs, like my sorc did with a simple +15 yuria and +7 scythe, so i figured i did something wrong, so i was like : wtf , how does this work?

Can anyone tell me if its worth to skip the sword and buy a good awa weapon, or get a good normal weapon and get what ever i can get my hands on as awa. What gives more dmg and farm speed?

Posted

If youre planning on playing dark night anyway might as well stay away from my Valk. Good Luck :*

Posted

Lol u can wait months till dark knight.

Posted (edited)

I got an +10 yuria on her and with all the armor and accesory she has like 93 ap, and since she hit 56 not quite sure if i should bother to buy her a duo liverto at all, or just go a tri Lancia. 

The damage the Lance  deals, is halfway based on your PRIMARY weapon so you're not allowed to skimp on either.

Is it worth it?  As a Valk with Duo primary & TRI Lance, I can tell you it sure as hell isn't.  It still takes me over 25 seconds just to kill Giath the scroll boss while other classes with a lower gear score than me I notice kill him in only 15 seconds.  What ppl say about Valks having "Burst" is a MYTH.  Don't listen to them and don't invest in Valk if your main hope is Burst damage or Support (or even tanking).  Valk doesn't have either.   With Lancia now, Valk really has a lot more mobility; but sadly that only brought her up to par with Everyone else's (except ground wizard? who will always be slow?).  It hasn't put her over the top in any category nomatter how "Balanced" she might actually be in reality.  The Facts of BDO are:  half a dozen other classes are completely Imba so don't go Valk if you want to be considered "Better" at any particular Role

Valk is absolutely an Aesthetic / Roleplay & Lifeskiller decision/demographic class  ... which is the only reasons I'm still playing this game TBH.  If you aren't at that same frame of mind, then wait for your DK and play Warrior or whatever is most like it in the meantime

Edited by iller

Posted

The damage the Lance  deals, is halfway based on your PRIMARY weapon so you're not allowed to skimp on either.

its clearly not.

Posted

Absolutely switch to Liverto now if you have the money.

Get Lance to +15, then Liverto to 15.

Lance to DUO, then Liverto to PRI.

Lance to TRI, then Liverto to duo->tri.

If you don't have the failstacks to attempt lance TRI then see if you can get enough by failing the Liverto PRI to DUO enhancement first.

Moral of the story, Liverto op, and you need your mainhand+offhand fairly even with your Lance's enhancement level, but lance is slightly more important.

Oh yeah, if you are using anything that isn't Vangertz/Kutum/Nouver shield, you should blow it up right now and put those stones into a Vangertz. Every other shield is garbage.

Posted

Ok so i got the duo green lancia. 20 mill till i get the duo liverto. Got a +5 axion shield right now (its from my old warrior) , as i see, a good shield is aamazing ap boost for a really cheap price, (unlike at sorc).

How much does it matter if i have the blue lance instead of the green? Or till i get the liverto duo the green is ok to?

Posted

Ok so i got the duo green lancia. 20 mill till i get the duo liverto. Got a +5 axion shield right now (its from my old warrior) , as i see, a good shield is aamazing ap boost for a really cheap price, (unlike at sorc).

How much does it matter if i have the blue lance instead of the green? Or till i get the liverto duo the green is ok to?

Get rid of the axion and get Vangertz, axion shields are horrible compared to the ap offhands of other classes.

At Ultimate TRI axion gives 26 ap and 5 dp.

An ultimate TRI Steel Dagger/Jubre Talisman/Estique Star/Estique Kunai/etc has 34. Our AP offhand has 8 less ap than any other class which is just horrible.

Vangertz at that level has 13AP, 25 DP, 7 Accuracy, 2 Evasion and Damage Reduction, and increases in accuracy as you enhance it.

The accuracy from Vangertz will actually do as much or more damage than the 13 ap difference from Axion. Axion shield is arguably the worst off-hand in the game.

Blue lance is really worth it too. I had a green for quite a while.

I'd recommend keeping your DUO lance until DUO liverto, yeah.

Then after that, work on getting a TRI blue lance. Don't use the resources on pushing your green to TRI, just use it as a placeholder until you can get a blue lance.

Very worth.

Posted

i don't have any pvp experience, but with DUO yuria, DUO blue lancia and DUO vangertz at lv 56 in pve i'm pretty much a one man army. the damage output is not as big as more damage oriented classes, but i can farm crescent all day without any need for potions. the error most people do about Valkyrie is that they try to use the aggressive tactics of other classes, while the right way is to pull the enemy to you instead of charging them when you are up against lv56+ mobs (Cadry, Crescent, Nagas etc). if you pull them in front of you you can burst them, if you rush them you get scattered enemies that you can't aoe, 

here's how i do it: i pull them to me with guard up and block some hits to restore my energy and go S+F>F>shift+right click and the group is dead (if anyone survived, i use W+right click to finish him). then, while waiting for the cooldowns, i pull the next group, block a couple of hits and go with shift+left click>S+left click>S+E(changes to sword)>S+right click. then back to the first combo.

Posted

Found a tri liverto for 230. Not sure i will need a tri trough considering what you say. duo might be more then i need, and instead invest in the shield. I only have 90- normal ap-130 ish awa ap, and 150 dp. My dp might be bad for desert...

Personally didnt found it to be needed to priorize dp at all till now, but guildmate keeps telling me to get atleast 200....

Posted

200 is fairly easy, get all your armor parts to ultimate and Pri and you're there. 

Posted (edited)

get atleast 200....

Solo'ing <Elite> mobs?  ....250 would be better. (I've lived through Kzarka's ShoopDaWoop with 300)     ...Fighting other players?...It doesn't matter since ppl with 325 get 1 combo'd.  This game's PvP isn't balanced anymore so just skip it.  There's no rewards for it anyway

Edited by iller

Posted

I would suggest you switch classes to zerker as the dark knight will share their off hand.  Meanwhile you can still work on getting armor/boss gear or even accesories leveled up and ready for your dark knight.  

Another suggestion would be to get one of your classes to finish the main quest line as you will be rewarded with 4 decent items, 2x Shazard Ring of Monarch (if you want the AP) as well as a Black Spirit Crystal and an Awakened Black Spirit Crystal.  All decent things to have and fall back on with your dark knight in case you blow up your ring accessories enchanting.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

its clearly not.

Yes it does, half of the AP that you get from enchanting MH goes to the awakening weapon. Tried and tested on a zero evasion target, +19 mainhand significantly increased the damage dealt by awakening skills compared to as if I used a +0 MH. Obviously the difference in damage to your awakening skills won't be so big if you compare a PRI to a TET mainhand, but it DOES affect your awakening weapon.

Greetings!

Recently i had time to level my Valk to 56, and not quite sure if i should invest in it (since ill play Dark knight anyway), trough a decent alt never hurts. 

On my Musha i had a tri liverto and a duo Spear and didnt really feel like its cutting trough mobs, like my sorc did with a simple +15 yuria and +7 scythe, so i figured i did something wrong, so i was like : wtf , how does this work?

Can anyone tell me if its worth to skip the sword and buy a good awa weapon, or get a good normal weapon and get what ever i can get my hands on as awa. What gives more dmg and farm speed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4k2AzbgPSo

Valk actually is nice in PvE, the thing is you need to be pressing more buttons than other classes vs. the mobs that are immune to CC such as basilisks. This is with 160 lancia AP, VERY very achievable nowadays. Did this with a blue awakening weapon as well, it's TET but against these mobs a green awakening TRI would've been just as good.

In your case? I would say just fail stack on a green lancia "casually" nothing too stressful. And make your mainhand at least PRI for the accuracy. You might want to use absorption gems on your MH since you implied you won't be as geared and will be focusing on PvE.

Edited by andy1213
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes it does, half of the AP that you get from enchanting MH goes to the awakening weapon. Tried and tested on a zero evasion target, +19 mainhand significantly increased the damage dealt by awakening skills compared to as if I used a +0 MH. Obviously the difference in damage to your awakening skills won't be so big if you compare a PRI to a TET mainhand, but it DOES affect your awakening weapon.

well i tested this with someone with my ranger and my wizard and there was no difference also zero evasion target zero dp no difference between tet and 0 for me.

Posted (edited)

Valk actually is nice in PvE, the thing is you need to be pressing more buttons than other classes

is this after awakening? i leveled a valk to 49 and stopped because it was absolutely boring throwing my shield around, does it get more engaging? 

do i get to press buttons as much as ninjas do?

Edited by ender7

Posted (edited)

is this after awakening? i leveled a valk to 49 and stopped because it was absolutely boring throwing my shield around, does it get more engaging? 

Ehhh I dunno..it's more like...  You just keep all your strongest Alpha strikes with the long cooldowns  (Ult-Spear,  Ult-DivPower,  Ult-ShineDash)   and then you get these even beefier  Lancia versions of those same skills plus WOL and they give you FrontBlocking or SuperArmor while you're doing them.  And by the time you're done activating those 4 skills the last 3 are almost already recharged.

...you literally never have to even use ShieldThrow & SOJ again if you don't want to.  It's not the best DPS'er by a long shot but atleast it feels like you finally have a full skill rotation for PvE :\     (and yes, I'm always at Maximum casting speed...they just have longish activations which is why they're almost bottom tier in PVP meta)

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

Never tried ninja, but it really just "feels" like I need to be pressing way more than other classes to make the most outta PvE. Basically, the command input is like sword stance > side dash (RMB + A or D) > down + lmb > shield throw > space (when at the back of the mob switch to lancia) > down + lmb lancia > shift + a or d (shield chase back to sword) > repeat as an example and you can add so many things in between the combo as well PvE-wise vs. immune to CC mobs.

Mobs that aren't immune to CC would just be knocked down > dead much like if you played other classes. Every class would be viable in pirates for example tbh, nothing too complex on mobs like those.

well i tested this with someone with my ranger and my wizard and there was no difference also zero evasion target zero dp no difference between tet and 0 for me.

Even then, you want to upgrade the main hand to at least PRI for the accuracy, even if it didn't add the damage to the awakening weapon. Wish I recorded numbers when I tested. Some people in KR have said it as well, it's just that there might be lurking variables if your case is true.

Edited by andy1213

Posted

Never tried ninja, but it really just "feels" like I need to be pressing way more than other classes to make the most outta PvE. Basically, the command input is like sword stance > side dash (RMB + A or D) > down + lmb > shield throw > space (when at the back of the mob switch to lancia) > down + lmb lancia > shift + a or d (shield chase back to sword) > repeat as an example and you can add so many things in between the combo as well PvE-wise vs. immune to CC mobs.

Mobs that aren't immune to CC would just be knocked down > dead much like if you played other classes.

Even then, you want to upgrade the main hand to at least PRI for the accuracy, even if it didn't add the damage to the awakening weapon. Wish I recorded numbers when I tested. Some people in KR have said it as well, it's just that there might be lurking variables if your case is true.

Sure i would also say upgrade mainhand even if it doesnt add dmg. To the korea part maybe they fukked this feature up on eu maybe it works in korea.

Last patch notes said that witchs and wizards mainhand damage goes into awakening skills i know... but then me and a mate tested this immidiatly and we didnt saw any difference thats why we need a cm reply...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0