• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tamer Guide 1.1

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z3remd4H1wXkh3Ys3dX4Lo0Hnr2wWaq4VPYwplLjBCI/edit?usp=sharing

Combo vid to go with guide (Not all combo's are included): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4SIhJ9wq4

Spent a long time making this guide, If you find a combo I'm missing or other information that could be added, let me know. Also DO NOT view this guide as something you have to follow by the book, its all pretty much preference, there's lots of options. Any questions just ask here, Ingame or when I'm streaming.

NA server InGame Name: Neipoy

Twitch: twitch.tv/Snazzybros

Enjoy, I hope this guide helps you as much as possible.

Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5l5yjv/tamer_guide_10/

12/31/2016 - Cleaned up the guide and added Tamer streamers to check out.

1/1/2017 - Added Jarette information for +5 attack speed

1/2/2017 - Moonlight -> LBP Gif Added, Trampled -> LBP Gif Added. Block section updated Fixed some combo sequences.

1/5/2017 - Addon's section added

2/8/2017 - Added Skill Build for 50 and 56, at ~500 points.

Edited by Neipoy
13 people like this

Posted

As I said in the reddit post, I really liked that you included the various cc status animations.

Posted

:D thanks, figured it was something that would help with some confusion that there sometimes is when talking about CC's

Posted

love it, some great work :)

you missed my favourite cancel though, hotbar echo pierce q cancel, from un awkened to awkened insta block

Posted (edited)

you missed my favourite cancel though, hotbar echo pierce q cancel, from un awkened to awkened insta block

Bk1IoC1.gif

Edited by WastedJoker
2 people like this

Posted

Hotbar echo to guard (pre-awakening to awakening) added

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's possible to reach 5 attack speed with a liverto without boss gear if you have a Jarette outfit. Also lets you reach 5 attack speed with a kzarka weapon, full set of boss gear and the outfit, without needing any crystals. Might be worth mentioning.

I1FvFJc.png

There's also two +1 crit outfits for Tamers, the Serendian Blacksmith Costume and Delphe Knights Costume

Edited by Danjiano
1 person likes this

Posted

Or use a Temptation and Carmae in your weapon and an assault and valor in your gloves and be 5/5 without boss gear or pearls

Posted

You slot precisions in mainhand because they provide much more in that slot than any other crystal does.

You have to make up the attack speed and crit elsewhere.

Temptation is a terrible crystal anyway because it's only a net 1 gain in stats.

Jarette's costume would be great for node wars and stuff but for actual grinding a costume with 10% EXP will be much more preferable.

Posted

Jarette's information has been added. Thanks

Posted

Jarette's costume would be great for node wars and stuff but for actual grinding a costume with 10% EXP will be much more preferable.

I often use food/elixirs to get my attack speed up to 5 while grinding.

Posted

very cool thanks. I am still looking for a way to cancel out of q for moonlight. Is there a cancel i dont know?

Posted

Thanks for the effort writing such a detailed guide!

Really like your guide :-)

Posted

Nice guide. It will be a real help to many players.

Here is my add-on to the guide: ( This technique is more pro like than advanced, but with practice you can use it and win ez :)

The result is a ( semi teleport / dash + grab ) on a very long distance. Here is what you need to do

You open with moonstrike ( but try to cancel it asap , before the hit happen , with LBP. After LBP you go asap for E ( grab ) ).

It required a lot of practice but this move , executed right , is extremely hard to be dodged on reaction.

Posted (edited)

If you are in awakened and hotbar trample, use the hotbar for trample and then use shift + space manually casting lbp.

Instant lbp no swap animation. 

Edit:

Void fearful tremble animation cancel only works with rank 3 void or higher (like the rest of void cancels) and this specific cancel requires void to be off cd to use. 

Pre awakened combo you left out our strongest, i don't expect many tamers to know about all the pre awakened fancy combos i do but they're negligible to learn now because awakening combos is better.

Catch the enemy in a void lightning or fearful tremble, or just sneak up on them and -> Flash->stance shift upward claw animation cancel (you'll see the ink slash on ground but no animation)-> bj lbp bj -> grab -> bj trample bj -> surging tide -> lbp -> whiplash

Awakened longest combo highest damage, have yet to find anybody that can live through it when it is successful:

LV 59 recommended, not required, just know your DPS will be about 15% weaker because of some scaling on abilities, burst only gets enhanced at lv 60

Moonlight (invincibility while dashing, fwd guard while attack) -> full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> vermillion bird (Burn/SA, SA IS BUGGY ON THIS ONE, multiple instances to float)-> heilang dance (i forget proper translation, i just always call it but S + LMB but with heilang summoned this is guarantee bound (almost) if your vermillion bird failed). Basically at this point any squishy target running full tet boss armor as a Tamer, ranger, ninja, kuno, sorc, blader, maehwa is dead if your lv 60 scaling on echo pierce, it helps too, if they aren't, your AP and accuracy is complete shit and you should proceed to the next stage of this cc chain. Keep in mind that I do substitute abilities like Garuda if echo pierce cc fails, keep an eye out for body movements. I use garuda defensively because the width of the ability and FWD guard is really nice for counter engage if you get caught and want to attempt to out trade. 

Continuation of my abomination of a CC chain after S + LMB:

grab -> bj trample bj -> surging tide -> lbp moonlight animation cancel -> allround spinner. IF FLOAT SUCCEED -> echo pierce -> heilang dance and they SHOULD BE DEAD. If float fails they are probably able to do something so I use garuda -> flow -> heilang dance

I know this is a weird cc chain but I've proved that a lv 56 tamer can kill a lv 60 tamer (ME) with 283 dp ( full tri boss with kutum ) at only 140 awakened AP with conc elixir to help plug accuracy issues. This cc chain fails sometimes if opponents have a lot of evasion, servers have shit desync issues, and ofc our grab bugs with people that use either S or they get displaced behind us, which is why i recommend the surging tide after bj because its a fairly wide aoe and you can follow up after the KB with animation cancels into awakened, or use fearful tremble then line up for a shortsword cc chain. 

If your AP is 230+ and your lv 60 you can do Moonlight -> full moon -> echo pierce -> allround spinner -> sit there and be all kawaii on a dead body.

Guide lacks Skill Addons !!

My recommendation: lv 56 awakened heilang dance 20% crit and either monster AP or attack speed, your choice. Lv 58 awakened echo pierce 10% attack speed 10 DP (both these skill addons buff can be reset by using the skill even if it says its on cooldown). Lv 60 i've floated between using some random awakenings on moonlight, garuda and allround spinner, have yet to find a preferred skill addon, maybe somebody could enlighten me even :P. Things to note: the skill addon from troll pole only applies if you hit something.

Lock the abilities Tree climb (W+F), Throat burn (Shift + RMB), and heilang: lightning of earth ( W + RMB) especially helpful for new players that are trying to swap often due to these 3 key combos yielding different results if you accidentally end up in shortsword when you didn't intend to. 

Edited by Mtl
idk i like editing things lul

Posted

Moonlight (invincibility while dashing, fwd guard while attack) -> full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> vermillion bird (Burn/SA, SA IS BUGGY ON THIS ONE, multiple instances to float)-> heilang dance (i forget proper translation, i just always call it but S + LMB but with heilang summoned this is guarantee bound (almost) if your vermillion bird failed).

If your AP is 230+ and your lv 60 you can do Moonlight -> full moon -> echo pierce -> allround spinner -> sit there and be all kawaii on a dead body.

By the time you're starting up Vermillion animation the stiffness is already over and your target escaped.
S+LMB doesn't even have super armor or frontal guard so using it unless someone is KD/bound and it's a 1v1 is just plain stupid and a death sentence, why would you use it if vermillion fails to float (which it will if you do W+F > LMB > echo unless your opponent is afk)?

Same thing with the 230+AP combo, you're doing stiffness into flow into stiffness into stiffness (?????????) your opponent has to be afk to not just abuse the fact that you're overlapping same-type cc like mad.

1 person likes this

Posted

By the time you're starting up Vermillion animation the stiffness is already over and your target escaped.
S+LMB doesn't even have super armor or frontal guard so using it unless someone is KD/bound and it's a 1v1 is just plain stupid and a death sentence, why would you use it if vermillion fails to float (which it will if you do W+F > LMB > echo unless your opponent is afk)?

Same thing with the 230+AP combo, you're doing stiffness into flow into stiffness into stiffness (?????????) your opponent has to be afk to not just abuse the fact that you're overlapping same-type cc like mad.

if your attack speed is slow yes they can escape.

s + lmb is almost instant animation even if you get cc'd heilang will still do follow up bound chances, and vermillion bird has 7 chances to float. the chances of somebody ignoring the vermillion bird is INSANELY low with my build.

What chain combo doesn't overlap cc like mad crazy? I don't rely on grab to kill people because its bugged to shit, and when I pvp I use dp set, I can't use allround spinner in DP set and expect to see good results unless I have absorb heilang activated. Another thing is that theres a lot of different options to use if certain cc's fail, i could elaborate more than I already did in the post with working in garuda if the stiffness fails. Most people don't stack insane resist.

Another random thing I forgot to mention, if you hotkey allround spinner you can use it even with 100% black spirit up incase you don't wanna use the ultimate. 

Posted

if your attack speed is slow yes they can escape.

s + lmb is almost instant animation even if you get cc'd heilang will still do follow up bound chances, and vermillion bird has 7 chances to float. the chances of somebody ignoring the vermillion bird is INSANELY low with my build.

What chain combo doesn't overlap cc like mad crazy? I don't rely on grab to kill people because its bugged to shit, and when I pvp I use dp set, I can't use allround spinner in DP set and expect to see good results unless I have absorb heilang activated. Another thing is that theres a lot of different options to use if certain cc's fail, i could elaborate more than I already did in the post with working in garuda if the stiffness fails. Most people don't stack insane resist.

The point I'm trying to get at here is that stiffness doesn't chain with stiffness, once a person is hit with stiffness he'll gain immunity to stiffness for a certain amount of time. 
Doing a chain with nothing but stiffness abilities is dumb and will get you killed.
You can say what you want but if you don't cc someone you die.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol at this clown mtl

do you even play tamer? Pls post pvp video/stream/anything 

or you can just swap weapon  normally cause it has frontal guard...? like.. pressing C (Default button)... 

Posted (edited)

If you are in awakened and hotbar trample, use the hotbar for trample and then use shift + space manually casting lbp.

Instant lbp no swap animation.

Or use Bold + every other skill you want.

Edited by Keldorn
1 person likes this

Posted

where ever u are master Lemon ,

Tamers are thinking about u.

Posted (edited)

Full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> vermilion bird???

....Nah switch vermilion bird, for a grab. I believe the target would get up and zoop outta there.

full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> Grab -> Bolt/Jolt -> All around spinner -> Put rose on tombstone, rip.

Edited by TheYoda

Posted

Full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> vermilion bird???

....Nah switch vermilion bird, for a grab. I believe the target would get up and zoop outta there.

full moon -> echo pierce (SA)-> Grab -> Bolt/Jolt -> All around spinner -> Put rose on tombstone, rip.

I've found that Full moon>echo>Spinner>Soaring>Bolt/Jolt>Trample works pretty well too.  Surprisingly they don't escape Spinner's CC like you'd think.

Though grab sooner might be better.  I'll have to see.