• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone else think that the market is abit.. broken? / Everything is Overpriced.

68 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean trying to sell anything is impossible and this is with the lots and lots of returners coming back. (can see that the olivia servers are always crowded on EU at least) 

However I've been trying to sell some Pri/duo items and its been impossible, up for an entire week at the lowest price range and no one bites? 

I understand Kzarka etc SHOULD be so expensive or even more so due to it being so rare however livertos are popping out of the woodwork right now, 

Lets look at this... I have a TRI liverto amulet. 
I'm getting bored of sorc and my buddies are way lower level than me so i'd not mind leveling my Maewha up to try the awakening, however selling that TRI Liverto to buy anything else? Impossible. There are as of this moment 77 TRI livertos on the market min price 250 million. 

Not many people are buying them. 
Hell Im thinking of throwing a shard at the liverto and hope it downgrades as this is silly, yet I am sure the DUO would probably be just as hard to sell. 

Obviously the pricing on these items is very very wrong, I understand there being a cap on these items but it needs to be severely lowered. 

Either that or we need another way to take back some of our investment from things above +15. 

For me BDO's market system is really really bad and one of the worst parts of the game. 
The least you could do is change market prices according to how much things are actually in demand? 

TLDR, I want to sell my duo/tri gear for cheaper than is possible as no one will buy it. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

While I'll agree we need a more fluid market system without kakao controlling it, I have sold like 3 or 4 DUO and 1 or 2 PRI items in the past week alone. I even managed to unload a TRI Ult Estique Kunai in less than 2 days. While many don't sell right away all items sold within 3 or so days. The NA market is fairly flooded but with new players and returning players everything seems to sell at some point. 

Edited by Kiruna
1 person likes this

Posted

You're not being specific on which items you're trying to sell. Most things don't sell that are unneeded. Even if they were cheaper. Take Chicken meat for instance, it's cheap. No one buys it. Alchemy stone of Protection, cheap. No one buys it. Krea weapons, cheap. No one buys it. 

Even if what you were selling was cheaper, no one wants to buy it. Because it's useless. 

7 people like this

Posted

No1 rule in alt business , don't invest in gear that u can't get rid of it fast or make use of it later on. 

I used to failstack on liverto axes and iron busters getting duo and tri and can't get rid of it cause no1 used to make zerker alts. 

Lucky zerk is in good light atm and everyone and his mom made one so got rid of weaps. Just wait until they make sorc the flavor of the month or use the amulet for failstack.

1 person likes this

Posted

olivia

Why is this so prolific? It's Olvia

1 person likes this

Posted

While I'll agree we need a more fluid market system without kakao controlling it, I have sold like 3 or 4 DUO and 1 or 2 PRI items in the past week alone. I even managed to unload a TRI Ult Estique Kunai in less than 2 days. While many don't sell right away all items sold within 3 or so days. The NA market is fairly flooded but with new players and returning players everything seems to sell at some point. 

Im on EU, Mainly my tri liverto I'd like to get rid of, no one on EU are buying, each type has 50-90 ones listed.

Posted

price has very little to do with people not wanting livertos 

the market is so flooded at this stage that even the people in my life skills guild all rock zarkas 

Posted

but it needs to be severely lowered.

I'm sorry to sound rude, but do you know how to play this game at all? BDO throws silver at you to the point that you don't even need to play the game actively and you can make more than enough silver to buy your gear. In fact, I don't even bother with RNG any more I just buy my gear directly off the marketplace and it gives me enough AP/DP to hold my own. It's actually easier to earn silver and buy gear then it is to deal with RNG.

1 billion silver may seem a lot to you, but when people are earning 100 million silver a day it's merely a week or so's worth of earning to buy the items you need. Even if you don't want to actively play or have a real job you can leave yourself training/processing/fishing whilst you're AFK and still earn a decent amount of silver. If anything, prices need to be raised because crafting stuff like wagons/ships isn't actually worth it as you'd make more silver just selling the raw materials.

I urge you to look at the "Guides" section of the forum and get some tips on how to make silver. Want to sell your gear but no one's buying? Either be patient until it's the turn for your item, break down into stones or shelve and earn the silver via other ways. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sorry to sound rude, but do you know how to play this game at all? BDO throws silver at you to the point that you don't even need to play the game actively and you can make more than enough silver to buy your gear. In fact, I don't even bother with RNG any more I just buy my gear directly off the marketplace and it gives me enough AP/DP to hold my own. It's actually easier to earn silver and buy gear then it is to deal with RNG.

1 billion silver may seem a lot to you, but when people are earning 100 million silver a day it's merely a week or so's worth of earning to buy the items you need. Even if you don't want to actively play or have a real job you can leave yourself training/processing/fishing whilst you're AFK and still earn a decent amount of silver. If anything, prices need to be raised because crafting stuff like wagons/ships isn't actually worth it as you'd make more silver just selling the raw materials.

I urge you to look at the "Guides" section of the forum and get some tips on how to make silver. Want to sell your gear but no one's buying? Either be patient until it's the turn for your item, break down into stones or shelve and earn the silver via other ways. :) 

No need to be a pompous elitist. 

Livertos are for new players getting into gear them, they do not make 100 million a day, good for you and your ego if you do. 

4 people like this

Posted

No need to be a pompous elitist. 

Livertos are for new players getting into gear them, they do not make 100 million a day, good for you and your ego if you do. 

You're demanding that the game lower the prices of items so that you can sell YOUR gear, whilst also ensuring that everyone else who wishes to sell their gear recieves less silver. I think you need to look up the definition of pompous my friend. :) 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am not demanding anything, I am suggesting. 

I know the definition of pompous quite well, such a word applies to people like yourself along with a myriad of other descriptive words I'd use to describe you, a person who seems adamant to find a fight on an game forum. 

Self esteem seems to be an issue for you but I am afraid I can give you no further love and attention,  so i will give you no further replies. 

Doors that way.

Edited by Reavan
3 people like this

Posted

*Grab Pop corn* 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not demanding anything, I am suggesting. 

I know the definition of pompous quite well, such a word applies to people like yourself along with a myriad of other descriptive words I'd use to describe you, a person who seems adamant to find a fight on an game forum. 

Self esteem seems to be an issue for you but I am afraid I can give you no further love and attention,  so i will give you no further replies. 

Doors that way.

You've yet to refute the point I brought up, perhaps if you could focus more on playing the game rather than using insults and logical fallacies on the forum; then you wouldn't have to worry about selling your gear. More than happy to give you the link the the "Guides" section of the forum if you need help finding it. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

You've yet to refute the point I brought up, perhaps if you could focus more on playing the game rather than using insults and logical fallacies on the forum; then you wouldn't have to worry about selling your gear. More than happy to give you the link the the "Guides" section of the forum if you need help finding it. :) 

He suggest lowering the minimum price not lowering the maximum price. i dont see how this "ensuring that everyone else who wishes to sell their gear receives less silver". If you meant the price kept artificially high will force other player to buy it at that price and min price will change it that then that is just stupid as it benefit no one, not the seller and not the buyer and they just wont sell.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

As a filthy casual, i only buy +15-Duo max if im feeling lazy to do failstacking. I never buy Tri cuz it's easy to get to Tri(so far for me) I wanted to buy a +15 liv amulet, but at the time, there were none im the market, so in the end i didn't gear my alt :P invested in a duo WE to boom again trying to tri 

Edited by Nieyy

Posted

As a filthy casual, i only buy +15-Duo max if im feeling lazy to do failstacking. I never buy Tri cuz it's easy to get to Tri(so far for me) I wanted to buy a +15 liv amulet, but at the time, there were none im the market, so in the end i didn't gear my alt :P invested in a duo WE to boom again trying to tri 

I understand you, you being a possible customer of my tri liverto wont buy it as its over priced. 

Its cheaper to fail stack up then go for tri, hell thats how i ended up with the thing. 

Posted

He suggest lowering the minimum price not lowering the maximum price. i dont see how this "ensuring that everyone else who wishes to sell their gear receives less silver".

Minimum prices is lowered by 2 million silver.

People start listing for 2 million silver less so that their item will sell.

More people list for this price.

People end up with 2 million silver less.

It's rather simple really.

If you meant the price kept artificially high will force other player to buy it at that price and min price will change it that then that is just stupid as it benefit no one, not the seller and not the buyer and they just wont sell.

The seller won't benefit from having more silver...ok...

Posted

Market is not broken - you are simply trying to sell crap items.

Nobody wants to spend a lot of silver for blue items, when Kzarka is so easy to obtain these days, even TRI Kzarkas are frequently sold and stay many many hours in the marketplace.

The minimum and maximum limits are built in for obvious reasons - so that players and bots can't crush the market. If that means, you can't sell your useless stuff, you have to live with it.

Posted

He is basing his argument on the premise that some items are not selling at all. With zero marketplace transactions lowering the price would not effect sellers cash gains.

Posted

Market is not broken - you are simply trying to sell crap items.

Nobody wants to spend a lot of silver for blue items, when Kzarka is so easy to obtain these days, even TRI Kzarkas are frequently sold and stay many many hours in the marketplace.

The minimum and maximum limits are built in for obvious reasons - so that players and bots can't crush the market. If that means, you can't sell your useless stuff, you have to live with it.

It isn't crap, it's perfect weapon for alts.

Posted

Or casual gamers like me 

Posted

It's crap in terms of buying it. When you already have it and put on alt, it's a different thing.

But when you want to buy something, you either go for the endgame item, or some really cheap green stuff, between is a waste.

I have 3 blue ones in storage too with low dura, they aren't even worth repairing so I could try to put them on market.

Posted

He is basing his argument on the premise that some items are not selling at all. With zero marketplace transactions lowering the price would not effect sellers cash gains.

Silver is ridiculously easy to come by in this game, the reason his item won't sell ISN'T because it's too expensive but because it's a crap item that no one wants. Why buy low-grade armour/weapons when you can grind for a few more hours and afford boss gear instead? Reducing the price won't suddenly make everyone want it, people will just save up and get a better item.

Posted (edited)

The seller won't benefit from having more silver...ok...

And? that is their choice. if  people look for a quick sale at 2 mil less, that their choice. they can sell it at original price.  your argument make no sense at all.  you talk as if everyone has to sell at minimum price.

even if you lower the boss gear to 1 silver, no one will sell it at that price.

Silver is ridiculously easy to come by in this game, the reason his item won't sell ISN'T because it's too expensive but because it's a crap item that no one wants. Why buy low-grade armour/weapons when you can grind for a few more hours and afford boss gear instead? Reducing the price won't suddenly make everyone want it, people will just save up and get a better item.

I dont want to argue with anyone but this is the most ridiculous thing i have heard. Silver is easy to come by? maybe but 250 mil is a HUGE amount to most people. It wont sell because its crap not its too expensive? seriously? you saying no one will buy a TRI liverto amulet at 200mil?150mil?100mil?

Edited by Sion21
4 people like this