• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Bad pvp system

73 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Lets start with this im fairly new to this game but not new to mmorpg's. Over 10 years of playing mmorpgs i've not never seen such douche pvp community. Or not necessary pvp community but griefing.

So i started couple of days ago. Usually i don't mind if i get killed by player who is higher level or better geared due its usually once or twice and its over. But nope in BDO. Im atm 55 with low gear about +100 AP and DB. No matter where i go there is some douche bag starting to grief and kill me because "im stealing his mobs"

Seriously who taught this is good idea?  I get it that if someone is fighting against mobs dont interfere and go there taking their loot / xp but when im alone on grind spots and someone just comes there and starts killing me and claims that mobs are his/hers. Seriously what the heck is wrong with this mentality? I've never expierenced such retard claim

Yesterday i was doing grind with my friend in Abandoned iron mines and there was literally no one killing anything. Well out of blue player popped on my screen telling me to leave that it was his farm area. We literally had circled over that area 3-4 times without countering anyone and suddenly its his area and we're not supposed to be there. Well we ignored him and changed direction which literally caused him to follow us up and end up killing us. Then getting told "he warned us"

Seriously wait what? What with that retarded logic?

Well i didn't mind that much. We switched channel and next one was empty so we were back to happy grinding and moved on.

Today i've been trying to farm Abandoned Iron mines and literally same thing happened multiple times even after switching channel/server. Well i got to lvl 55 and decided it was time to move on next spot so i went to Sausan Garrison.

Well again i was able to do some grinding for like 15-20 minutes without seeing anyone. Suddenly there popped couple of players which were in diffrent parties. Both of them told me that it was their area so i should leave. Like WTF. Well i tried to stay away from their way as much as i could and was leaving best camps for them and even then those players just came to same area as i did and killed me.

Well moved to next channel and same thing happened all over again. With 10mins lockout i was trying to be as carefull i could and stay away from others but no matter where i stayed in Sausan Garrison i ended up dead and player saying "sry my mobs go away"

So WTF?! Those mobs that i personaly attacked was always untagged and no one was killing them also i made sure there was not player withing short range of me before tagging mobs and still someone else comes and claims them.

So my question is how F******* retarded community in this game is? So is my only option to go grind low level areas till i've grinded for 4 months and got same gear and able to 1v1 them or what should i literally do?

2 people like this

Posted

"Karma Bombing", is the term I think, that one can do. Just keep popping up, and let them PK on you, and kill you. Eventually, their karma will be negative, and everyone, including other snotty PK'ers will show up, and self adjust.

Now, granted, its not fun losing crystals to death, but, its a boat load of fun seeing a negative karma PK'er getting pasted in a town.

But, I will say, there is a design problem, like with the awakening skill for Wiz/Witch being DEAD-LAST, has encouraged PK'ers to come out of the wood work when they see a wiz/witch, still. Cause they know, if nothing else, the wiz/witch is likely to have weaker AWK gear, and not be as good in pvp with awk skills.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Karma Bombing", is the term I think, that one can do. Just keep popping up, and let them PK on you, and kill you. Eventually, their karma will be negative, and everyone, including other snotty PK'ers will show up, and self adjust.

Now, granted, its not fun losing crystals to death, but, its a boat load of fun seeing a negative karma PK'er getting pasted in a town.

But, I will say, there is a design problem, like with the awakening skill for Wiz/Witch being DEAD-LAST, has encouraged PK'ers to come out of the wood work when they see a wiz/witch, still. Cause they know, if nothing else, the wiz/witch is likely to have weaker AWK gear, and not be as good in pvp with awk skills.

Thanks for the reply

How many times i would need to get them to kill me till player's karma is negative?

Also now im interested. So far i've never lost single crystal when player has killed me but can it actualy happen?

Posted

Encouraging someone to karma bomb is disgusting, doesn't matter if it's effective or not. 

If you see someone grinding an area OP, ask to group, if they decline, change channels. Iron Mines of all places should not be crowded but if it is you can still grind Manes/Elrics/Sausans/Helms, Helms is almost always empty now. I haven't seen a person there in months, and it's decent XP/Money. Alternatively if you don't want to leave then flag up on them, if you kill them and they come back wait for them to flag on you.

Thanks for the reply

How many times i would need to get them to kill me till player's karma is negative?

Also now im interested. So far i've never lost single crystal when player has killed me but can it actualy happen?

5 kills = just over 300k karma which will drop them into negative, generally if you're doing it at a grind spot it'll need a 6th kill because they grind karma in between fights. But no one is stupid enough to go negative so karma bombing rarely works, just causes people to grind over the top of you preventing you from getting loot and XP. It's also the dirtiest form of griefing you can do in game and you're bound to get a ton of hate from it. 

8 people like this

Posted

Encouraging someone to karma bomb is disgusting, doesn't matter if it's effective or not. 

If you see someone grinding an area OP, ask to group, if they decline, change channels. Iron Mines of all places should not be crowded but if it is you can still grind Manes/Elrics/Sausans/Helms, Helms is almost always empty now. I haven't seen a person there in months, and it's decent XP/Money. Alternatively if you don't want to leave then flag up on them, if you kill them and they come back wait for them to flag on you.

5 kills = just over 300k karma which will drop them into negative, generally if you're doing it at a grind spot it'll need a 6th kill because they grind karma in between fights. But no one is stupid enough to go negative so karma bombing rarely works, just causes people to grind over the top of you preventing you from getting loot and XP. It's also the dirtiest form of griefing you can do in game and you're bound to get a ton of hate from it. 

Interesting. Learning something new here.

But may i ask you. How the heck its griefing if i've decided to farm in certain area and not see anyone on my minimap and being all alone and some douches comes in and claims all mobs are his and kills me over and over it?

Its not my fault that player makes decision A and gets "punished" for it.

Ofc im switching my channel when ever i can if i feel its only way and not intetionaly go steal their mobs.

But well from now on ill happily start bombing if i encounter douches who try to claim everything. Only way i can get back to them till my gear is enough.

Posted

10/10 boys you've created a monster...

I find it very funny that i read these stories of players getting griefed but whenever i make an alt and follow the same grind path as them i encounter maybe 1/2 people on my way to 55, and they either ask for a party or run past me. Every grindspot up until susans is uncontested from my experience (even at peak times). 

I am aware that this is anecdotal, but i think i should have at least encountered this kind of behavior at least once and yet.... 

Posted

No surrender. Smashing of face. No more player lives. Simba. Wash hands.

Posted

the problem is that the merge pins to many scums together. Any russian kid plaing ranger or warrior everyday just wanking on your corps if he is stronger or griefs you for no sense if he is wimpier

Posted

I find it very funny that i read these stories of players getting griefed but whenever i make an alt and follow the same grind path as them i encounter maybe 1/2 people on my way to 55, and they either ask for a party or run past me. Every grindspot up until susans is uncontested from my experience (even at peak times). 

I am aware that this is anecdotal, but i think i should have at least encountered this kind of behavior at least once and yet.... 

Maybe i've had just extremely bad luck which would not suprise me at all.

Today i've not met anyone who was claiming anything in Sausan or anywhere else yet alone killed me.

So most likely just had bad luck streak with meeting players like that.

But i still find it extremely annoying and its not like there is not enough monsters in Sausan for 2-3 players farm

Posted (edited)

Going to play the Devil's advocate here and give you the reasoning, but before hand I would like to agree that BDO has generated the most asinine and downright toxic mentality for handing things between players I have ever seen in any game. Even games like DayZ had it simpler. But then it's basically the conditioning given to all new players when one plays a resource capturing game with people who've played it for wayyy longer, had a head start, and don't want to share the protips.

But let's start with an explanation. Mob pulls in BDO are..... I believe different from many other games. There's this fascination with efficiency to the point where people claim entire halves of zones - known here as rotations - because it's the amount of mobs a decently geared person can kill before the first one respawns. Mind that the other open world MMOs I played had evenly spaced out mobs so that there wasn't really a circuit much more of a sort of general direction I kill the next mob in.because it happens to be .3 metres - juding by sight - closer than the mob in another random direction.

Thus, in BDO, It's a circuit that people run and kill along the way, and every single mob in these "rotations" is thereby claimed by these players in hopes that they have enough efficiency to catch up to the next tier of players that have already passed through. -you also really don't see or notice these rotations until someone shows it to you. Because why hit lvl 59 in 40 hours when you can do it in 25.

When you go and kill the mobs in these rotations, even if you don't see the people nearby, these people are slighted to a degree similar to if you waited for someone to pull all the mobs and then nuked them all before they - the person pulling - can - granting you ALL the exp and loots because either you did the most damage or did the last hit. Simply it's a "You've wasted my time" mentality.
So as conditioning goes, the people who've played on other servers started here and they rushed through the content, got to the later stuff and monopolized it for months when they could kill everyone and force exp loss to keep the monopoly all the way until new content was released. Anyone not in these first generations kinda caught up and got kicked out and when they finally had the opportunity, these 2nd generation people would do the same to the 3rd generation, and the 3rd would do the same to the 4th. You could always karma bomb - only really efficient at first when one had hit the next level and was at effectively 0% since one couldn't delevel, but it never really took a hit til the exp loss was removed. That is also one of the stupidest things. Where someone intends to win a fight by losing. I don't believe any other game except BDO has such a concept. Also one doesn't get to play the "you shouldn't be punished for dying" card because yes you should. You're playing a game and you lost. Most games make you respawn and go back to a checkpoint or something - i.e. losing progress. Dark souls has you lose all your souls. -Not saying I agree with being oneshot for walking to a grind spot either but there's really just a tonne of arguments for both sides, just this one's the stupidest-

And while yes it's not entirely efficient to do so, beggers can't be choosers so when one is met with your situation they would best find a party until they can hold the spot themselves. Also join a guild that can back you up if you need to.

BDO has done the really big stupid and forcefully made every player a solo-king. Mobs only drop 1 item and there's no need-greed system to make sure any good thing dropped goes to the people who need it, if a friend and I want to farm accessories, we'd have to do it on separate channels. If they needed the accessory and I wanted to help, I can't go there and then give it to them if I've gotten it dropped for me by accident, it's best if I just sit in town because there's no way I can really beneficially help them. Exp is actually decreased when in a party - with the supposition that you can kill X times the amount of mobs so theoretically balances out - but you'll be losing out on money still.

A rather unrelated anecdote from early in this game's life, I saw a wizard attacking a Cyclops when lvl 50 was still kinda where everyone was. Them being a wizard and I being what I believed to be a tankier class at the time I went and hit the cyclops to draws its aggro then held up my shield to take the hits so the wizard could dps, me throwing a hit in every so often so I could keep the aggro. Instead of a "thanks for the help, stranger, I wouldn't have made it without you", the wizard flagged up and killed me right before the cyclops died so I wouldn't "steal his drops, f*cker." Welcome to BDO. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Edited by RosewoodTrickster
1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe because you're in a known PvP&Siege guild lol? Maybe because your alt is wearing our mains gear and you're melting all the mobs while taking 0 dmg.

Try joining some life skill guild and run around in +2 Algerian no costume and loot manually like a new player. I can assure you that you will experience contested spots and people flagging up, even outside of Sausan.

But I'm also struggling to believe this story, when he/she said Abandon Iron Mine. That place doesn't even have a rotation or any good spots to fight over.

1 person likes this

Posted

System is fine, only bad thing is how easy it is to grief, and how hard it is to farm off karma.

And this is from a new player so

Posted

Once again "spot is taken" and getting killed. This mentality is completely retarded.

Well what ever ill just continue getting myself killed till i can swap channels.

Posted

Interesting. Learning something new here.

But may i ask you. How the heck its griefing if i've decided to farm in certain area and not see anyone on my minimap and being all alone and some douches comes in and claims all mobs are his and kills me over and over it?

Its not my fault that player makes decision A and gets "punished" for it.

Ofc im switching my channel when ever i can if i feel its only way and not intetionaly go steal their mobs.

But well from now on ill happily start bombing if i encounter douches who try to claim everything. Only way i can get back to them till my gear is enough.

This is where you have to chose your own road how to handle such situations, what type of "karma" player you want to be, and honestly, whatever you chose it's not right or wrong. The same people asking you to leave cuz "spot is taken" most likely have pushed other people away from their "spots" in the past, or kill people to get spots. They are no innocent, nor are you. There are many variables and interests involved, in most cases it frustrating for the "well equipped and skilled player" to have "lowbies" come back to karma bomb, while it is frustrating for the lowbie to get killed over and over, even when they were there first, or may not be of any hinderance. And all it takes to create this negative circle is with a kill. Such situations happens all the time, especially when the guild the player is in cannot be declared on. I suggest making a macro text that you can pop to soothe the temper, often the right line can solve a lot of tension, but of course not for all. Personally if I get killed on a spot I would come back to fight the player a few times, if I lose all times I would gladly accept defeat and let him/her have it as BDO is a world of danger with laurel for the champion. One day you too will arise and leave the nest.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ask for parties or grind in uncontested spots unless you wanna live the life of a griefer and be inefficient as hell in your grinding time until your stats are better to be able to contest

Edited by BdoTemp1

Posted

new concept in kr will change the system as it is. if you killed someone one time you will be able to kill him again and again for 10 minutes without karmacosts. guess this will prevent players from griefing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Idk why do u think that, while you are weak, as you yourself said, are entitled to best spot for grinding in the area? In this game power talks. You don't have power, you don't talk, you get the rotations that are worse, grind there until u get power, and then u can talk.

new concept in kr will change the system as it is. if you killed someone one time you will be able to kill him again and again for 10 minutes without karmacosts. guess this will prevent players from griefing.

Any proof for this system? I play on korea. This system doesn't exist there and it was not announced there. So from where did u took this?

Posted

There is nothing wrong. A few dozen spots for thousands of players. Either you share or you try to fight over it with the risk of being negative. It's not griefing to kill another player, and it's not griefing if the weaker player tries to fight back or stay on the spot (how ridiculous is that to call this griefing??)

Griefing or harassment is usually a bannable offense and starts from the stronger player, not from the weaker one. Like a bully in your school is not the weak small nerdy one.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a "survival of the fittest" mentality, where better players can come into your area and take it from you.  You can fight back off course, but you are unlikely to win.  You can then either find another spot, change channels or grief them.  Now it is griefing, if you are deliberately trying to mess up someone's rotation and put them into negative karma you are griefing them.  It's the horrid system they have unfortunately put in place and people WILL and DO exploit it.  I've been karma griefed several times today by people with no indention of fighting me and every intention of stealing/ruining my rotation.  They know up to a certain point, I will not and cannot do anything about it so am forced to move.

The system needs to change, it discourages actual PvP and favours the griefer.

2 people like this

Posted

I've leveled a few alts in those areas, Sausans is usually a very troublesome spot, it's good money yea but Sausan spots will always be contested, at least the 2 main spots, just head to the back of sausans there are smaller spots that still quite good for soloing and most people don't go past the main area. Alternatively Elrics or Helms is good money/exp at 55 and you shouldn't have much trouble there, specially at helms.

I haven't had many issues with my alts tho, only once I had to kill a wizard with my zerker until I went negative because he was a karmabomber, and this happened at helms main spot, but there are other spots at helms that are very good and 99% of the time empty.

Also it's normal if someone outgears/outlevels you and he notices you don't kill very fast it's most likely he's going to kill you to get the spot, and you'll have to do the same sooner or later because sometimes you're just unlucky enough to switch channels even 4 times and every spot is full, and you're obviously not going to sit there for hours waiting for someone to leave so you attempt to take over or die and go away. Get used to this mechanic as this is the only actual form of open PvP you'll encounter.

Also as a personal advice find a guild so you get some protection and people to grind with if you're not strong enough to be on your own.

Posted

It's a "survival of the fittest" mentality, where better players can come into your area and take it from you.  You can fight back off course, but you are unlikely to win.  You can then either find another spot, change channels or grief them.  Now it is griefing, if you are deliberately trying to mess up someone's rotation and put them into negative karma you are griefing them.  It's the horrid system they have unfortunately put in place and people WILL and DO exploit it.  I've been karma griefed several times today by people with no indention of fighting me and every intention of stealing/ruining my rotation.  They know up to a certain point, I will not and cannot do anything about it so am forced to move.

The system needs to change, it discourages actual PvP and favours the griefer.

This  ^

Posted

Sorry to break it up to you but when someone is "rotating 3-4 times without killing anybody" is not because he/she is friendly, but because he is building karma to kill you. You were lucky this person even warned you. I do warn people but its not because i want to be nice, but only because this way I might save karma if you go away peacefuly. 

The only real danger in BD world are PKs, so stop hating them and thank them for givin you some excitement at that boring place called Sausans.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to break it up to you but when someone is "rotating 3-4 times without killing anybody" is not because he/she is friendly, but because he is building karma to kill you

yeah ppl only grind in this game to fill up karma for you. indeed all these criminals around every spot.

Posted

wishful thinking, also you would have to redefine and shift the term griefing from karmabombers back to pk'ers.

even if this would come, it wouldnt stop griefing, it would just promote another type of griefing.

Posted

Ego what? Why? Because I like to kill other people? You are the egocentric thinking I enjoy PVE in a carebear environment just because that's what YOU like. I was merely being honest with the OP at how things usualy work in main spots. Players invest time in building up their characters and are not willing to share it with you because you are cute, sorry. If they are in a rotation or you even have the luck of them telling you that's "their" place, then fight or move on. Don't be as childish as being annoyed because someone handled your as* to you in a videogame.

Anyway most PKs in this very forum advocated for a PVP server from the very beta so YOU could grind in everlasting peace. It was mainly PVE carebear-minded players who opposed this idea out of selfishness because they wanted more population and foolishly thought a karma system could somehow tame PKs.

2 people like this