• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Off hand AP and DP and Awakened ?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Does the AP and DP on the off hand works when using the awakened weapon ?

or in awakened its like the offhand does not even exist ? because then as a warrior that mostly only want to stay in awaekened i ain't gonna waste much money on shields.

Posted

Just google it.

Posted

Yes you get the stats from it.

Posted

Just google it.

did

9999 different infos on what main hand and offhand stuff are still in effect when using awekened.
all contradicting each other

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

did
9999 different infos on what main hand and offhand stuff are still in effect when using awekened.
all contradicting each other

The very first link when googling "black desert awakened ap mainhand offhand" is a level 60 korean player who wrote an extensive guide with proof+evidence for every class including a note that says

"You'll find the dev note that describes exactly how mainhand stats affect awakening weapon stats in the notes just below each awakening video. Pic here for reference."

"Here's the complete line in Korean, bolded text emphasis is mine:
각성 무기 기술의 피해량은 각성 무기와 주 무기의 공격력, 수정 및 적중력에 영향을 받습니다.

Here's the translation of this line:
"Awakened weapon skills damage is affected by the main weapon's AP, crystals and Accuracy.""

To add on to this, the next two google results come to the conclusion that your awakened weapon damage IS affected by your mainhand.

Links for reference with final result quotes:

Google result #2: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4z2ag5/question_awakening_weapon_ap_calculation/?st=ixew2vnc&sh=31c4ac6f

"(link to first result)"

Google result #3: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4v73xi/questions_about_awakened_weapon_stats/?st=ixew2xxo&sh=38122949

"Actually this is since Warrior awakening tested with Tri Liverto and normal Liverto on the release date."

"So a few of my guildies who used to play KR said that along with their tamer patch, they also got a buff that combined mainhand AP % with Awakening AP, buffing it by up to 30-50ap in some scenarios. a few of my guildies tested it out earlier, and it seems that this change was also included in our version.

I'm sorry for being rude, but this question is asked 10+ times each day by people who are unaware of what google is.

Edited by ebonystallion
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sorry for being rude, but this question is asked 10+ times each day by people who are unaware of what google is.

I know right, how stupid ! It's like people actually want to interact with other people in their chosen games community. I mean why bother asking things on the forums of the game you're currently playing when you could just be a no friends / no lifer and google stuff.

If you only intended to chastise this person then why even bother to answer the question?

:/

1 person likes this

Posted

I know right, how stupid ! It's like people actually want to interact with other people in their chosen games community. I mean why bother asking things on the forums of the game you're currently playing when you could just be a no friends / no lifer and google stuff.

If you only intended to chastise this person then why even bother to answer the question?

You realize there's a reason this is a forum and not a chatbox?

Hell, even without google a quick use of the search tool to find 1000x of the same exact thread would work. Pointless threads clog up the forums, if you want information you look it up yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

This isn't a chat its a forum learn the difference.  Want to BDO chat do it in game or in one of the many many discords out there .

Posted

Shoot. I was hoping 2017 would be the year when people realized Google searches are personalized based on your history and whether or not you are signed in to your account (which of your accounts in some cases) when the search is conducted.  Yes its become a cringeworthy norm to simply tell people to "Google it" as a retort for unwillingness to answer simple questions but to make snide remarks like "its literally the first result"  that is just not always going to be the case for each user unless you are also providing a very specific phrase to Google.  Plus  its offputting.  If you can help do it, if not - is being a post count whore that serious?

1 person likes this

Posted

Shoot. I was hoping 2017 would be the year when people realized Google searches are personalized based on your history and whether or not you are signed in to your account (which of your accounts in some cases) when the search is conducted.  Yes its become a cringeworthy norm to simply tell people to "Google it" as a retort for unwillingness to answer simple questions but to make snide remarks like "its literally the first result"  that is just not always going to be the case for each user unless you are also providing a very specific phrase to Google.  Plus  its offputting.  If you can help do it, if not - is being a post count whore that serious?

Part of the problem is there are better uses for forums than stupid questions that could be answered in 5 seconds of google search (even if its not the first result its up there), when rather than even just asking, all you had to do was unequip the offhand and see your AP decrease.

Now instead, we have yet another repeat thread on a topic that's been beaten for beyond death. It eventually adds up. If we removed all the p2w threads, all the karma griefing threads, all the pvp griefing threads, and tamer complaint threads. The front page of the general discussion might show useful topics. 

Posted

The very first link when googling "black desert awakened ap mainhand offhand" is a level 60 korean player who wrote an extensive guide with proof+evidence for every class including a note that says

"You'll find the dev note that describes exactly how mainhand stats affect awakening weapon stats in the notes just below each awakening video. Pic here for reference."

"Awakened weapon skills damage is affected by the main weapon's AP, crystals and Accuracy.""

To add on to this, the next two google results come to the conclusion that your awakened weapon damage IS affected by your mainhand.

Google result #2: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4z2ag5/question_awakening_weapon_ap_calculation/?st=ixew2vnc&sh=31c4ac6f

"(link to first result)"

Google result #3: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4v73xi/questions_about_awakened_weapon_stats/?st=ixew2xxo&sh=38122949

"Actually this is since Warrior awakening tested with Tri Liverto and normal Liverto on the release date."

"So a few of my guildies who used to play KR said that along with their tamer patch, they also got a buff that combined mainhand AP % with Awakening AP, buffing it by up to 30-50ap in some scenarios. a few of my guildies tested it out earlier, and it seems that this change was also included in our version.

im talking about SHIELD ( offhand ) Stats in awakened

You realize there's a reason this is a forum and not a chatbox?

Hell, even without google a quick use of the search tool to find 1000x of the same exact thread would work. Pointless threads clog up the forums, if you want information you look it up yourself.

Cant realy find much about shields.....

1 person likes this

Posted

Part of the problem is there are better uses for forums than stupid questions that could be answered in 5 seconds of google search (even if its not the first result its up there), when rather than even just asking, all you had to do was unequip the offhand and see your AP decrease.

Now instead, we have yet another repeat thread on a topic that's been beaten for beyond death. It eventually adds up. If we removed all the p2w threads, all the karma griefing threads, all the pvp griefing threads, and tamer complaint threads. The front page of the general discussion might show useful topics. 

I get it, I do.   But there are and will always be varying types of people visiting the forums.   Yes there is a lot of repetitiveness but until the forums offer automatic and instantaneous answers to questions as they are being typed - you are going to have people asking things - that is ok - its not a news room, or course forum - its a game forum. Their questions are not threats to you, your sanity or anything that will cause you one iota of harm. Its a topic that you can simply skip over if you are uninterested or have nothing of value to offer. 

If you removed all of the "p2w threads, all the karma griefing threads, all the pvp griefing threads, and tamer complaint threads" you'd have a forum that doesn't reflect what the communities concerns are.  That is BDO in case you haven't noticed.  Yes there is housing and decorations and frustrations with F1-F5 reassignment, horse training, and event woes - those are all BDO too.  Its not just one thing or the one thing that you deem matters that are "allowed" to be discussed or asked. 

And further if your question/comment/thread has ever been merged into another you know exactly how annoying that is.

Lol I died a little. Sorry for temporarily derailing your thread. 

I don't weld a shield so --- I'm out!

1 person likes this

Posted

Being a shield doesn't change much, it's an offhand and you use weapon blackstones on it.

That said, to answer your question simply: everything from the offhand is still applied while using your awakening, DP included.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Being a shield doesn't change much, it's an offhand and you use weapon blackstones on it.

That said, to answer your question simply: everything from the offhand is still applied while using your awakening, DP included.

THANK YOU thats all what i wanted to know.
was confused because everyone only talking about the MAINHAND but nobody says anything about whats transfers from the OFFHAND to awakened
people are salty today.

Edited by Zordy
1 person likes this

Posted

"(link to first result)"

you take a-hole to an entire new lvl -_-

you use the time to answer him "go use google" then use the time to do a full page with multiple links just to tell him "YOU A FCKING IDIOT FCK OFF AND USE GOOGLE"... all instead of just writting "Yes"...

people like you shouldn't be allowed on forums -_-

to OP:

Yes offhand works on both awakend and none awaken. if you take it off you can see your 'AP on awaken goes down.

also 50% of main weapons AP is applied to awakend skills (so 2AP on main weapon=+1ap on awakening skills)

3 people like this

Posted

THANK YOU thats all what i wanted to know.was confused because everyone only talking about the MAINHAND but nobody says anything about whats transfers from the OFFHAND to awakened
people are salty today.

The offhand directly updates on your awakened ap on your sheet....

you take a-hole to an entire new lvl -_-

cool

1 person likes this

Posted

i read his report and dont agree that its proven that 1/2  main hand AP is transfered. It was hard to draw a conclusion but but lean towards hidden stats/effects/crystals transfered but not AP ..... just as the tool tips says. 

He states the korean link translates too:

"Awakened weapon skills damage is affected by the main weapon's AP, crystals and Accuracy."

But when u got the the link it actually says:

The damage of Awakening Weapon skill is affected by the attack power, modification and enemy gravity of Awakening Weapon and Main Weapon.

which is not definative proof the AP comes from the main weapon. 

Then after reading the article i saw a ton of test presented that would make on conclude the accuracy is what transfers not the AP. 

Posted

No this isn't about interacting with people. It's about wanting to be spoon fed the information without taking the time to find the already available answers. He was nice enough to spoon feed him while pointing out that ALL of this information was pulled from a google search. 

Of course it's debatable whether it's worth "fighting the good fight" when it comes to this behavior. It usually just leads to frustration.