• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

One reason to not reroll Musa?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there any reason? Musa does everything better than Maehwa.

Posted

Neither has a grab. Which sucks for both classes against warrior

Posted

Neither has a grab. Which sucks for both classes against warrior

I like how you started this after he deletes the guy with three skills in the very beginning. :D

OP if you play in mass GvG then Musa is going to be more useful, Maewah is all about killing one person in half a second and being gone before anyone can turn around and check. If Musa's damage was anything like Maewah's then there'd be no reason to play any other class because you'd have the AoE damage potential of a Wizard on a class with more Super Armor, Block, and more mobility. That's the trade off.

Big damage, small cone, can accidentally kill people.

Slightly less damage, entirely AoE. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I like how you started this after he deletes the guy with three skills in the very beginning. :D

I just noticed that myself ..lol

Posted

I just noticed that myself ..lol

Endgame BDO for ya, one ----- up and you're dead. Goes both ways. 

Posted

OP if you play in mass GvG then Musa is going to be more useful, Maewah is all about killing one person in half a second and being gone before anyone can turn around and check. If Musa's damage was anything like Maewah's then there'd be no reason to play any other class because you'd have the AoE damage potential of a Wizard on a class with more Super Armor, Block, and more mobility. That's the trade off.

Big damage, small cone, can accidentally kill people.

Slightly less damage, entirely AoE. 

Musa has even higher dmg multipliers than Maehwa. Only downside is that Musa has longer cooldowns

Posted (edited)

Musa has even higher dmg multipliers than Maehwa. Only downside is that Musa has longer cooldowns

Plum has more crit. 42% crit buff + 30%crit from awakenig buff + most skils are 100% crit

Plum has longer cd. Plum is burst musa is dps

As for re rolling

Plum plays safer than musa

Musa generally kills with 3 skill - below the belt crosscut and that flow skill

Plum generally kills with 3 skill - petal drill(flow skill decemeber) petal bloom moonrise 

The reason why people in KR think musa is up there (huge discussion on wether musa is shit or op) is mainly musa awakening buff and projection ult.

Really both classes are good. Plum does a better job at killing people than musa does. Musa does a shit ton of AOE dmg. Plum is longer range than musa , musa is close up

plum got a good patch in KR which makes her play super smooth. you should atleast wait for the patch before deciding. Current plum seems clunky 

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted (edited)

Damage multipliers mean nothing when everything has percent limiters on it for PvP. The real damage of Musa/Maewah skills is easily visible as Maewah has much higher damage on nearly every one of their comparable skills to Musa. The only exception maybe being Crust Crusher & Foul Play, which are also our longest cool-downs. I think Below The Belt caps out at 10s at the max rank for level 61, so not to shabby for our most reliable damage/CC. I don't know the cool-downs for Maewah so can't confirm or deny that part, our damage modifiers are fairly similar though. 800-900%, with a few spammable 500-600%s and one heavy hitter for over 1000%. 

If damage was based off just the flat modifier and didn't include the PvP limiter then Zerkers would be doing double of the damage of Rangers. Sorceress and Ninja/Kuno would be outright one shotting you with Reaper and Heart Aim, and Tamers would be dealing absolutely no damage at all. 

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos

Posted

Im going through this crisis at the moment, but i think its from my lack of accuracy mixed with desync issues. too often do i stun people with petal dril and initiate moonrise combo only for the enemy to teleport behind me, face in the dirt, so moonrise misses conpletely. Been considering musa because i feel like id be more effectice in node wars and GvG. I can put in work on mae but i dunno. im just ranting really x.x i know its a gear issue and i know what i need to fix so just ignore me lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A while back i rerolled Musa from Maehwa, got it to 59 but came back to Maehwa. While the PVE was miles easier (for lower hp mobs such as pirates), it just go so stale so fast. It was enjoyable to just cut everything like butter but you can get tiring after a while. 1v1 PvP wise Musa is a lot more moving around than Maehwa. You seldom walk backwards to block. While this is fun you quickly realize how little safe cc Musa has. You're also really gated by ap. I had around 210 ap on the musa and i was having troubles killing some people in one down with 290+ dp (KD->Crosscut->Backflow->Fiery crevice, not Crust crusher->Foul Play). Mass GvG is where this class shines tho. Taking it into Node wars and sieges i felt a lot more presence. Your aoes are so useful during wars. When you BtB a group of people and they all get bound feels good. In the end tho I came back to Maehwa tho. While people like to complain all the time about how useless Maehwa is in Node wars or Sieges, this isn't really true. Sure you don't have the aoe to just instagib a group with a skill (unless it's ur 100%), but your main role is the back line assassin. A good Maehwa will completely destroy the tempo of the enemy team. You might say Rangers can do it better, but a Maehwa is a much safer assassin. Sure you can burst like a mad man on Ranger, but you aren't as safe on a Ranger than a Maehwa (I also rerolled 59 Ranger 215 ap).  

Edited by SereneWaves

Posted (edited)

One reason to not reroll Musa?

1st.: Becasue I took too much effort on this class. :D

2nd: Becasue finally I learned the basics to play smoother on awakening. :D

3rd: Because I like the class itself, the look, the animation, the way you fight. :)

Yes it is slow atm, yes you need a lot of gear, yes you need a lot of skill points, yes you need to die a lot before you can reach the top, but after that, you will be the king of the hill. I hope. :P

But the most important thing what you have to decide is, how do you want to play?
Because, perhaps this is not your style and not your class to play with.

The biggest problem with the class change/reroll is when you start to play a class, you start because you like it in the first time, then you reach the high levels and you get stuck, becuase it needs a completely different play style, which you cannot adapt. Most of the cry comes from this imo.

Unfortunately you cannot see and try the class on awakening level.

About level 40 it changes a lot, you start to skip what you have learned so far, and you start to use less combos with higher damage if you want to grind faster.

After you get your first awakening weapon, your journey starts on the "end game" level.

This class changes 3 times before you can reach 56, and you can feel yourself completely lost when you get this far.

Until you can unlock all your awakening combos on 62 (Moonrise IV), it still changes a bit, I guess.

But the highest abiltiy the Maneuver Training you can get on level 90!!! So what we are talking about here then?! :)

Edited by Vyky

Posted

Is there any reason? Musa does everything better than Maehwa.

No way Musa does things better than Maewha. We have better CC and our block is amazing, quick slot your block and key bind it for super fast deployment if you haven't already. Also soon we should be getting a buff that KR received that will make us just as fast as Musa while in awakening.

Posted

No way Musa does things better than Maewha. We have better CC and our block is amazing, quick slot your block and key bind it for super fast deployment if you haven't already. Also soon we should be getting a buff that KR received that will make us just as fast as Musa while in awakening.

Is there an issue with using just Q for the block?

Posted (edited)

Is there an issue with using just Q for the block?

Yes, using Q is slow. Placing block on to hot bar makes it spammable. Try it out, the block deploys instantly. To make it comfortable for me, I've keybinded my block to E. The only issue with that is that I have to use my awakening buff from the hotbar, but thats not a big deal. Being able to spam that block will allow you to block stuff that you didnt expect comming a lot easier.

Edited by jangalangz

Posted (edited)

plum got a good patch in KR which makes her play super smooth. you should atleast wait for the patch before deciding. Current plum seems clunky

When i reached 56 on my Plum, got my awakening weapon to DUO, and then, i found out, i really really really hate Plum's awakening gameplay. Very clunky, and not fluid at all!

So i re-rolled a Musa, got 56 in 2 days, and it is awesome.  But can you give us more details about the KR patch that makes her play more smooth? i'm really interested in finding out more.

Edited by ayrton2388

Posted

When i reached 56 on my Plum, got my awakening weapon to DUO, and then, i found out, i really really really hate Plum's awakening gameplay. Very clunky, and not fluid at all!

So i re-rolled a Musa, got 56 in 2 days, and it is awesome.  But can you give us more details about the KR patch that makes her play more smooth? i'm really interested in finding out more.

Umm, scroll down on the threads....

Posted

So i tried musa. Got it to 57... back to the maehwa LOL.   Musa is fun but Mae is better for me. Only thing i like on musa is the quickslot stub arrow!

Posted

So i tried musa. Got it to 57... back to the maehwa LOL.   Musa is fun but Mae is better for me. Only thing i like on musa is the quickslot stub arrow!

Whaaa.... how come? Mae is so clunky and she's got like almost no lateral movement....

Posted

Crosscut crosscut chase crosscut crosscut repeat. That's fun for sure. Glad we're on the same page. 

Posted

Whaaa.... how come? Mae is so clunky and she's got like almost no lateral movement....

i never really understood the whole "clunky" thing. what exactly is cllunky, i dont get it x.x

as for no lateral movements, stigma and its very short CD makes up for that for me :D

Posted

I got Musa to 58. Went back to Maehwa. Grind is snooze fest with Crosscut for dayz (was fun to melt mobs like butter). PvP on Musa (1v1) was stale too. A lot more active dashing around, but just the engages just felt so meh. In large scale it was really nice with all the aoe compared to maehwa. Just BtB a large group mmmm delicious.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0