• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

semi-afk-leveling [Guide] semi-Afk leveling as a Witch. it works! 0,007% exp per~ 2 minutes

142 posts in this topic

Posted

If you are a Witch/Wizzard and want to level while doing Stuff in reallife, or watching videos. you can level AFK with your Pet.

THIS METHODE DOES NOT WORK OVER NIGHT, CAUSE THE PET DESUMMON EVERY ~30-40 MINUTE!

https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v111549425

What you need?:

-An awakened Witch/Wizzard,
-optional: rednose armor for increase Lifereg
-Pets to get Loot.
-Check your computer every 30 minutes

What you get?:

- You get loot
- scrolls
- a few Experience points

Why that work?:

cause if u don't attack, your Pet holding the aggro, and since the pet cant get killed. It kills the monsters for you.
If u are a Witch take the Lightning pet, If u are a wizard take the water pet, cause of range attacks.

Exploit?

NO

not_exploid_bdo.thumb.png.fb06a49a256a79

not_exploid_bdo.thumb.png.6474ebd263022f

3 people like this

Posted

Any witch/wiz I see doing this will get killed 

25 people like this

Posted

Just train them. Their pet will aggro all the mobs you train onto them

Posted

Just train them. Their pet will aggro all the mobs you train onto them

Nice iday. maybe 5 people witch/wizzard party leveling at complete spot Semi afk :o trying that

Posted

Reported for Exploit.

Well its an exploit and not an exploit at the same time ... afk'ing isnt agaisnt the term of use.

Posted

Nice iday. maybe 5 people witch/wizzard party leveling at complete spot Semi afk :o trying that

No you dont get it, the idea is to get you killed, which you will if you train a whole bunch of mobs onto one witch with a golem that aggros mobs.

Posted

U know the exploit with shards at desert? :D There u sometimes have seen more then 10 players at the same time at one a spot.... and it was an exploit ^^

Posted

Well its an exploit and not an exploit at the same time ... afk'ing isnt agaisnt the term of use.

This is not an exploid and an already existing methote in ANY game with a Pet (Guildwars2, WoW, ...)

How is this an exploid? its an unique mechanic.

Posted

U know the exploit with shards at desert? :D There u sometimes have seen more then 10 players at the same time at one a spot.... and it was an exploit ^^

The dev intended the pets to defend the witch/wizard .... its not an exploit . If they want to fix it its their call but its in no way an exploit. No one is getting out of their way to use this mechanic.

1 person likes this

Posted

That "shardgrinding" was an mechanic too :D  So you cant lose energy if your inventar hasnt enough space. ;)  but that mechanic was as resultat an exploit ^^

Posted

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was no intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

Call me wrong, but i really don't think that standing AFK while letting your pet kill mobs and other pets pick up items is an intended game mechanic. Just cause you CAN do it doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do it. Shovel picking was also an in-game mechanic and people taking advantage of it now chill out for 30 years.

7 people like this

Posted

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was no intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

Call me wrong, but i really don't think that standing AFK while letting your pet kill mobs and other pets pick up items is an intended game mechanic. Just cause you CAN do it doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do it. Shovel picking was also an in-game mechanic and people taking advantage of it now chill out for 30 years.

I love the "30 years" part, not sure of its actually true.

Posted (edited)

This is not an exploid and an already existing methote in ANY game with a Pet (Guildwars2, WoW, ...)

Its not an intended mechanic so abusing it would or could be concidering exploiting the game. Of course if you afk for a few minutes or even a few hours and it happens one time because you left your character there and forgot to remove your pet its not a bad thing in my opinion because we all have real life emergencies but abusing it and im talking real abuse like hours and days and making a lot of profit out of it , then it could be concidered exploiting and im sure they will fix it.

Also to all the witches and wizard T_T never leave your flag up and go afk ... i forgot i had my flag up and my pet killed some lower lvl player and it brought me to negative karma T_T

Edited by BBgone

Posted

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

Pet classes being able to semi afk farm has been a staple in MMO's since forever, it's the nature of the guard mechanic.

Now while the Witch/Wiz isn't a Tamer, they now do get a "pet" that will fight for them, this means the guard mechanic is very much in play, so they can semi afk and let their pet do all the work.

To claim it's an exploit means that pet classes have been exploiting in MMO's for years, nobody has ever been banned in any MMO for semi afking and letting their pet farm for them, ever.

Your ideas of what are intended grossly differentiate from what the developers intended. If they didn't want pet classes or pseudo pet classes to let their pet do work, the pet wouldn't have a guard mechanic.

I personally wouldn't use it, but again, you're wrong to assume that it wasn't intentional, because if it wasn't, they would've never let the witch/wiz pet go live and still be the same in Korea.

Never assume without fact. It still works this way in Korea, therefore fact is, it's very much intended.

5 people like this

Posted

This is so inefficient lol, I would just laugh if I see someone's do this. 10 hours is approximately around 1 to 2% since mobs spawn time is between 30secs to 3mins.

Posted

Personally I do not see this as an exploit at all due to the fact that its not something that benefits players what so ever, or even makes them get ahead of anyone... I mean the amount of exp you are getting isn't even worth it imo, Everyone should know by now Pets are made to protect their masters, Witch/ Wizard. This mechanic works in the KR version still, so its clearly telling you that they do not care if the method is used at all... Not to mention she did say that this is a Semi-AFK method, meaning that she isn't really all that afk.  

The whole reason for this mechanic is so that witch/ wizards can be protected if someone tries to do anything rash, mobs, even players. Though, players certainly would not die to them... Unless they are that bad ^^... This is just something that was found out and was shared, I think it is a bad method due to how long the mobs take to re-spawn. But if the devs don't say its an exploit, then it isn't. The shovel exploit is something completely different from what @JuicyJanna is doing... The shovel exploit was an actual exploit... As I see it, this doesn't even give players a benefit, due to the low exp you gain from it, plus the pets un-summon on their own after a certain amount of time... So you cannot leave it on over night, therefore, there is nothing wrong with this :). 

If anyone has an issue with it, report it and see what the devs do =.=' I am almost 100% sure they wont even consider this as anything bad, they will just tell you it was implemented in the game for a reason. 

Posted

Time to visit the Black-Robed Man and type JuicyJanna into a few channels.

5 people like this

Posted

Necros who afk-levelled/farmed got short-term banned even in Guild Wars 2 and that "exploitable" mechanic of the necro was patched. So; you cannot hide behind "oh, it's a unique mechanic".

Posted

Necros who afk-levelled/farmed got short-term banned even in Guild Wars 2 and that "exploitable" mechanic of the necro was patched. So; you cannot hide behind "oh, it's a unique mechanic".

Not to metion that using the rules of a different game in this game is dumb as hell.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wouldn't call this a exploit imho. As it's not using any program or bug in the game to do anything. It's Just standing in an area and letting your pet kill stuff for a rather pathetic XP gain while afk. It would only be an exploit if the person was afk and using a macro/bot/whatever to recast the pet after it disappears.

Posted

Wouldn't call this a exploit imho. As it's not using any program or bug in the game to do anything. It's Just standing in an area and letting your pet kill stuff for a rather pathetic XP gain while afk. It would only be an exploit if the person was afk and using a macro/bot/whatever to recast the pet after it disappears.

even if someone use macro to recast, 1 to 2% for 10 hours is super inefficient compares other afk activities, then again, only someone who earned the title of Master Janna of no potions can come up with such idea to share.

Posted

meanwhile in some MMOs including this one AFKing is encouraged, heck in SWG my Twi'Lek master dancer had a fully macroed routine that would run overnight which featured a private performance target rotation so watchers would get the full buffs. Through doing that I made enough creds to buy my Master Bounty Hunter/Commando a full set of Mando armor and master crafted Krayt pearl Scatter gun. 

Never got banned because it was encouraged and it was all through Ingame methods. 

Here? You're encouraged to afk. There are systems in place for it. However you're not allowed to macro, therefore Automation outside certain areas where automation is in place isn't doable. 

Now the difference between semi afk and full automation. 

Semi AFK = the player is still present but usually hands off the keyboard, they can still respond and make adjustments, they are just playing in a hands off manner. 

Automated AFK = the player is completely away the character being completely controlled by either Ingame macroing, systems or in less savoury circumstances a third party bot. They can't respond because they aren't there, they can't make adjustments and can be classed as not playing. 

What can be classed as Semi AFK in BDO? 

Auto pathing to a destination

Manual fishing 

Cooking 

Processing 

Alchemy 

Farming 

What is classed as automated AFK? 

Auto Fishing 

Auto pathing in a loop between two spots 

Workers

Botting/Macros 

Only one of these is bannable, being Botting/Macros 

Semi AFKing while your pet kills stuff? Not bannable because of several reasons. 

Player is still playing, they're just hands off and if they are hands off, they can't respond and their can easily die from failure to adjust or failure to respond. They aren't automating or using a bot programme so not breaking the TOS. 

Player is using mechanics available to them, I call BS on that GW2 ban, they were probably doing something more shady and wanted to save face by blaming it on a more innocent thing, unless they were warned not to do it by GMs /Devs and still did then they got fairly banned warnings tend to come first so they aren't telling you the truth, I once got in trouble for dual logging in AO they asked me not to do it so I didn't do it anymore, simple.

Player is not gaining a massive advantage by doing it. On the contrary, they are at a disadvantage as they are vulnerable to ganks/trains/overspawns while doing it. An exploit typically means an unfair advantage is gained, this is not the case.

So in closing, The Witch/Wiz pet semi afk is not an exploit, it's just a convenient way for them to farm while chatting, and nowhere near as fast as active grinding. 

Posted

Oh jeez. Here with go with opinions from the Peanut Galleries again.i
Yes the summoned will pretty much "auto-grind" in a sense for the class.
No, its not a bug, and no there is no exploit in this.
It is a mechanic that happens when summons are given the ability to attack on their own (defend)

With that being said, is it fair? Speaking as a Wizard, I would have to say no it is not. No other class has such ability to just stand around AFK and have mobs killed for them.
Of course no other class has Summoned Spirits neither.  Now with that being said, there are a very large number of games that have a class or classes that have summoned spirits that attack on their own and do the same thing, and yes those spirits generally have cooldowns and timers.  And this same argument is brought up in those games as well.

Speaking from a "fair play" standpoint, as a developer I would have made it so the pet cannot attack on their own, but instead will only attack mobs once the player has attacked a mob. However, as the developers have coded the summoned to "defend", then the spirt will automatically go after mobs that attack the player, which thusly creates an "AFK Auto Grind Loop"

They knew very well this would happen. But calling it an exploit just because some of you are too bloody stupid to know better, is not going to go anywhere.

Now....if youre going to discuss something on this topic, do it on a basis of fair play, not from a basis of your "opinion" of mechanics.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

its insane... why ppl alwyas looking a bot/makro grinding... dammm ... because of ppl like you devs can nerf or destroy whole witch/wiz pet idea... .

I like my pets and what they doing on pvp and pve.. they help me.. i don't want to be angry because someone try to find way how to grinding on afk.. realy in current time there is no problem to make any makro who use one key every X min...

Pets/summons etc are always a problem in all games.

For me they should lover despawn time for afk... 5min max.. but like i said ... almost all MMO players have keyboards, mouse and other stuff with software what allow us makes macros.

Edited by Dreed
1 person likes this