• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

semi-afk-leveling [Guide] semi-Afk leveling as a Witch. it works! 0,007% exp per~ 2 minutes

142 posts in this topic

Posted

I was pretty upset tbh :/

Until the tamer used 1 stun to kill me in 1.5 seconds.
Y'all don't need pets gtfo

Out of saltiness cuz can't kill wiz/witch? Or for the reason that is stated?

Let's be honest here.

Never said Tamer was useless or weak, though there are many threads that make that case. I just find it very odd that the one class that is defined by a pet has a weak walking rug that dies and times out all the time and that lacks even basic AI to be able to attack in a useful way. Meanwhile the Witch/Wiz Pet is immortal and has AI to actually be useful.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never said Tamer was useless or weak, though there are many threads that make that case. I just find it very odd that the one class that is defined by a pet has a weak walking rug that dies and times out all the time and that lacks even basic AI to be able to attack in a useful way. Meanwhile the Witch/Wiz Pet is immortal and has AI to actually be useful.

It's not that the AI is useful, it seems a lot like the tamer pet.
Ours can actually kill people on it's own though, and requires no interaction.

But hey i'm all for making tamers onestunbuns viability less and making their pet all sexy and shit.

Posted

Why isn't this thread under guides? Or even the witches' and wizard's forum section?

Posted

if I did this right, then this method will take 476 hours from 0% to 100%.with 0.007% pr 2min. regardless if its afk leveling or not, its extremely inefficient. who in their right minds would want to do this? and even if you do this + active grinding, you hardly gain anything at all. just wastes time.

Posted

Wouldn't call this a exploit imho. As it's not using any program or bug in the game to do anything. It's Just standing in an area and letting your pet kill stuff for a rather pathetic XP gain while afk. It would only be an exploit if the person was afk and using a macro/bot/whatever to recast the pet after it disappears.

Even by your own definition it is an exploit.

You mentioned "bug" as one of the qualifications.

There is a "bug" that the pets where lasting more than 30 minutes.

The correct FIX is to reduce the duration of the pets.  It is just very poor game play and does encourage the use of macros/script etc.

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised we are 4 pages in and people still see this as some sort of threat.

You can probably gain that much XP AFK fishing and trading said fish in. (prolly not, forgot they removed our trade XP T_T, plz fix my trader is a perma 53 now. so lame)

Either way its no biggie. Better things to do with your AFK time. And if you hate the idea so much just try and flag on ppl you think are AFK. Funny when it doesnt work out so well when people are digging/fishing. People say PVP is the best anti-bot mechanism in games, I disagree. I think its often the most entertaining though.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

I'm surprised we are 4 pages in and people still see this as some sort of threat.

You can probably game that much XP AFK fishing and trading said fish in.

I'm pretty sure that part of the issue is that everyone can AFK fish....

Posted

I mean, in that respect... Everyone can roll the correct class too.

Posted

As many have said already, there are a lot of things that everyone can do that are a better way to spend your afk time. Hell even training horses...

Posted

Even by your own definition it is an exploit.

You mentioned "bug" as one of the qualifications.

There is a "bug" that the pets where lasting more than 30 minutes.

The correct FIX is to reduce the duration of the pets.  It is just very poor game play and does encourage the use of macros/script etc.

I tested the summon timer yesterday and it disappeared after exactly 33 minutes, so that's working as intended (unless you count those 3 extra minutes game breaking).

I don't see any misuse of any bug as part of this. The process is pretty simple, you just summon golem and stand still, that's it. It might not be intended, but I doubt this would be ban-worthy. And as several people have pointed out, it's also a pretty bad way of spending AFK time. I think the only way it's unfair is that Witch and Wizard are the only class who can do this. But even if it were available to all classes, I think you'd only see a small amount of people doing this.

Posted

I tested the summon timer yesterday and it disappeared after exactly 33 minutes, so that's working as intended (unless you count those 3 extra minutes game breaking).

A few things in this game update at 3 min intervals. The login events that are time dependent have a +- of 3 minutes, and your energy. So 3 mins +/- actually makes sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was curious, so I briefly tested afk leveling as Tamer and it seems to work. Summon Heilang, give him attack order, and he'll keep attacking anyone who attacks you.

Posted

I was curious, so I briefly tested afk leveling as Tamer and it seems to work. Summon Heilang, give him attack order, and he'll keep attacking anyone who attacks you.

Can he actually kill anything?  Besides a random low level mob?

The rest of my comments here are not directed at FluffyQuack...

Just for the record, I never said anything about 'me' being upset, just that I thought that was probably part of why people were.  I wouldn't AFK level (I do have a Witch, thank you)  not because it's inefficient, but because I think it is cheesy.  But I'm not upset about it...either they will fix it or they won't.  My philosopy in video games is always to weigh how much I'm enjoying the game.  This thing has no impact on my enjoyment.

But, in a game like this where any little advantage is something the competitive community is immediately up in arms over, you have to know that anything that is even perceived as an advantage is going to cause an outcry.

1 person likes this

Posted

The rest of my comments here are not directed at FluffyQuack...

Just for the record, I never said anything about 'me' being upset, just that I thought that was probably part of why people were.  I wouldn't AFK level (I do have a Witch, thank you)  not because it's inefficient, but because I think it is cheesy.  But I'm not upset about it...either they will fix it or they won't.  My philosopy in video games is always to weigh how much I'm enjoying the game.  This thing has no impact on my enjoyment.

But, in a game like this where any little advantage is something the competitive community is immediately up in arms over, you have to know that anything that is even perceived as an advantage is going to cause an outcry.

People just salty.
Same as IRL.

Haves vs the have nots.

Posted

I can see people getting banned for this as it's in the gray area of exploit/not exploit. But it's also inefficient as ----- and entirely a waste of time, go AFK on top of the main building at Pirates and you can easily make 5-10% XP overnight if you have guildies grinding the rotation below you all night/day. Shift grind bro, shift grind your way to the high heavens. You just need some Asian grind guildies, and a whole lotta caffeine. 

Posted

I tested it for 10 minutes at Manes just to see if it would work at all. Does Heilang damage scale with player's AP? If not, then it wouldn't be practical to afk level as Tamer, unless you're low level yourself. 

Posted

I can see people getting banned for this as it's in the gray area of exploit/not exploit. But it's also inefficient as ----- and entirely a waste of time, go AFK on top of the main building at Pirates and you can easily make 5-10% XP overnight if you have guildies grinding the rotation below you all night/day. Shift grind bro, shift grind your way to the high heavens. You just need some Asian grind guildies, and a whole lotta caffeine. 

nobody will get banned for it because it's an ingame mechanic. 

They will get banned if they use a bot /macro to respawn the pet however as that's a clear violation of the EULA

2 people like this

Posted

I don't see any misuse of any bug as part of this. The process is pretty simple, you just summon golem and stand still, that's it. It might not be intended, but I doubt this would be ban-worthy. And as several people have pointed out, it's also a pretty bad way of spending AFK time. I think the only way it's unfair is that Witch and Wizard are the only class who can do this. But even if it were available to all classes, I think you'd only see a small amount of people doing this.

There where reports of them lasting for hours.

It's not relevant though, although BDO has afk activities mob hunting should never be one of them.  It's one of those things that you either have a fundamental understand and ideology of it or you don't.

Posted

You guys absolutely suck.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a Tamer that I used to summon my wolf to AFK at Catfish to farm. I got a warning from one of the GM saying that it was an exploit to farm while AFKing. Never did it again. 

Posted

I have a Tamer that I used to summon my wolf to AFK at Catfish to farm. I got a warning from one of the GM saying that it was an exploit to farm while AFKing. Never did it again. 

and should the Witches/Wizard's get warned not to do it, then it'll be stopped. 

Given that we just have your word to go on and no GM/Mod/Dev response, I'll take the stance of "It's not an exploit until it is". While I won't use it because I'd sooner spend my afk time fishing, some will

1 person likes this

Posted

why-do-you-have-to-make-so-much-drama.jp

Posted

Still 57.. what a pleb..

Posted

Nerf is on the way enjoy your new useless pets that die in 2 hits.